What is the strength of Prexxartan (valsartan) oral solution?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Jan 13, 2020.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Prexxartan is packaged in bottles containing 473 mL, 120 mL and unit dose cups containing 20 mL. Previously valsartan was only available as an oral tablet formulation.
What is Prexxartan?
Prexxartan, FDA-approved in December 2017, is the first U.S. approved oral liquid dosage form of valsartan, an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) used to treat heart failure, left ventricular dysfunction, and high blood pressure. Prexxartan is made by Medicaure.
Related Medical Questions
- Losartan vs Valsartan - What's the difference between them?
- I have high blood pressure. Can I take Mucinex DM safely?
- How is atenolol superior to metoprolol?
- Best time to take amlodipine besylate?
- What is Byvalson used for?
- What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?