What is the strength of Prexxartan (valsartan) oral solution?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 12, 2021.
Prexxartan is packaged in bottles containing 473 mL, 120 mL and unit dose cups containing 20 mL. Previously valsartan was only available as an oral tablet formulation.
What is Prexxartan?
Prexxartan, FDA-approved in December 2017, is the first U.S. approved oral liquid dosage form of valsartan, an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) used to treat heart failure, left ventricular dysfunction, and high blood pressure. Prexxartan is made by Medicaure.
Related Medical Questions
- Losartan vs Valsartan - What's the difference between them?
- Does Losartan block the receptor used by the Coronavirus?
- Metoprolol Tartrate vs Succinate - What's the difference between them?
- I have high blood pressure. Can I take Mucinex DM safely?
- Best time to take amlodipine besylate?
- How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?
- Does caffeine cause high blood pressure?
- How is atenolol superior to metoprolol?
- Is loss of sense of smell a symptom of COVID-19?
- Is high blood pressure considered heart disease?
- What are the side effects of beta blockers?
- Is high blood pressure a risk factor for COVID-19?
- How are hypertension, heart disease and stroke related?
- What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- What drugs are contained in Consensi?