User Reviews for Valsartan (Page 2)

Also known as: Diovan

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 9.5
High Blood Pressure 5.6
Summary of Valsartan reviews 5.7 117 reviews

Reviews for Valsartan

watcher248 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “64 years old, started at 40mg, as with all medication like this I bleed out the backside for the first few weeks, I have persistent cough, constant ringing in ears, hearing diminished, feels like I have cotton batten in my ears, depth perception loss, green to whiteish thick phlegm, intense lower back pain, straight out of bed I need to sit with hot water bottle for 1/2 to 1 hour just so I can walk, blood pressure still 190/203---over 80/100”

Jack · Taken for 10 years or more March 3, 2018

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I had used Diovan for some time which worked well and when the insurance provider had me to switch to Valsartan and I began to have problems and now am not able to go back to Diovan because of the expense of it, the charge $402.00 for a three month supply. Outrageous!”

Gubba February 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Have been on this medicine for about 6 years. Recently I've been getting a lot of tinnitus in the doctor said through my blood work my potassium was a little high. This is been going on for about 4 months still didn't want me to change in my life medicine I was taking. But I decided to cut it in half because the tinnitus was getting horrible. I have also changed my diet because he told me my blood sugar was a little high as was my cholesterol a little high. So I changed my diet it's only been 3 weeks I've lost 11 pounds. Now my blood pressure is too low in my tinnitus is just as bad.”

Tired of the Side Effects · Taken for 10 years or more October 11, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking Valsartan 160 mg for 10 years now. It helps control my BP, but I'm tired of all the side effects it causes me. Examples of those are: tiredness, hair loss, post nasal drip, loss of libido, delayed orgasm, insomnia. I have decided to stop med and to exercise (walk) and eat better.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “Since April 2017 I have been taking valsartan for HBP...the doctor started me of first with 320mg for about, I think, 2 months, then changed to 160mg, because I it was giving me lower back pain when I mentioned it to him, also pain on my left side. My pressure continues to be high (170 to sometimes 190, plus three other medication as well for HBP. I feel like a guinea pig having to use so many BP pills. I know that salt is not the only cause for sometimes suffering from HBP, I believe it could be other things that causing HBP that Primary Care doctors not willing to tell patients . I used to take hydroclorizide...depleted me without no signs, lisinopril which had swell up my face, and others.”

Rocky74 September 28, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “Took a 160 mg tablet 2 nights in a row. After the 1st dose, within minutes I had pain down my spine. Thought maybe I'd pulled some muscles. The pain stayed around 20 hrs. Took my 2nd dose, and pain started again, only worse, up & down spine and radiated around. Felt like I'd been in a car accident. If I hadn't looked up the drug's side effects, I would have gone to the ER thinking I'd had a heart attack. It's 18 hours later, and I still hurt. (Clearly not helping my blood pressure.) My doc says he's never heard of anyone having this reaction, although a friend of mine, who is Ashkenazi Jewish female as I am, said it's common. Genetics maybe? B.P. not greatly lowered. Beta blocker works better but has side effects also.”

Doogie67 August 14, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “Was on Tekturna for many years. Switched to Valsartan because my numbers were creeping up. Used to cough on Tekturna a lot. No more. I'm 116/65 now and my wife is also very pleased with the fact that there are no negative side effects that would impact her enjoyment of life.”

Bigbob65 August 3, 2017

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I took Lisinopril for about a year and a half. I coughed so bad all the time I could not stand it any longer. Stopped up head and hard to breathe. My doctor changed me to Diovan 160mg and I have been on it for 2 months now and my head has cleared and my cough is completely gone. My blood pressure has been in the. 110's over 60's. So far I am very happy with Diovan!!!”

Kjd17 June 22, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I started on lisinprol and was sick all the time. Awful cough, nausea and agitated took for a month. New Dr. switched me to Valsartan and I feel fantastic. The lisinprol cough seems to be almost gone and I haven't felt nauseous one time. Very happy ”

Carrie C June 9, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “Been on valsartan for over year. Had several side effects...cough, lethargic, and muscle weakness when walking for 5 minutes. Dr was unhappy with my pressure last few visits so Dr added HCTZ to valsartan. My symptoms now include higher blood sugar....30 to 50 more points average daily on my morning testing. My A1C went from 6.1 to 6.6 . When I had my 3 month blood test. All I do is cough and wheeze. chest x-ray shows clear lungs. Tired of taking more meds to relieve symptoms. Feel like I'm not crazy after reading the comments of others.”

Bobby Jo Marie May 26, 2017

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Shortly after beginning Diovan, I started coughing, and it just never stopped. Little by little, it increased to the point, that I just couldn't take it anymore. I still have a lingering cough, but not as bad as when I stopped. I am hoping it will stop completely with time. I wish I had known it was a common side affect before I started using it. Now I am afraid to take a different med for high blood pressure, until I research it thoroughly.”

Sweetie2017 May 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I started valsartan a month ago. I am experiencing, hair loss, Bodyaches, heart palpitations, my head throbs, anxiety, but that could be from My heart racing at times. (Which is something that has never happened to me until I was put on this medicine). It seems like my vision is blurry at times. My blood pressure runs about 135/85. Although some days I check it and it's all over the place. My face also is flush since starting this medication.”

Fairchao May 6, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I take Valsartan 80mg once a day for BP but BP is never stable. It lowers the BP but sometimes it's as if I haven't had any BP medication. Along with this, there are an awful lot of strange sensations throughout the day. I've been taking it for 3 months now. Side effects: from feelings of tightness, palpitations to lightheadness and right side of abdomen flushing pains.”

Marienyc1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking this drugs for a few months and started to fee off after 3 months . I have been increasing my exercise routine because I have been gaining weight and yet did not really alter my diet . I gained all the weight in the belly . My liver enzymes have changed and also I developed a skin rash on my thighs and have been feeling a tingling sensation in both arms at night to the point that I would wake up several times a night . I have decided on my own to discontinue and will talk to my doctor about it .”

Myself sun March 7, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “From day one really bad headaches, lethargic, vomiting, diarrhea, confusion Tired no energy, really bad skin rash, Throat closing up, trouble sleeping. All around bad medication, joints aching Itchy eyes only took medication four days.”

jim0523 · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2017

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Took for 2 weeks OK, then suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. Tingling sensation all over body, night leg cramps. I was on the generic, then had the pharmacy switch to the name brand ($274). The name brand seems stronger, as when I take it, 3 hours later, I get a tingling all over my body. I will stop taking this until the effects go away and try again.”

Grace Castillo · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 26, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “My experience with Valsartan was terrible muscle stiffness, joint pain, chronic cough, vision changes, painful stiffness in my neck and shoulder I felt terrible every day. I will never take this medicine nor recomended to anyone. I went back to Diovan is more expense but it works.”

Unhappycustomer December 31, 2016

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Been on diovan for at least three years, suffering many side effects: muscle pain, sudden hairloss and thinning, as well as intermittent tingling on the back of my head. I have also had weight gain, problems with blood sugar and loss of erections. I still have sexual desire but my erections aren't adequate. I have pain in my stomach which is increasing with time, sometimes kind of burning like an ulcer and coldness in my feet. I have also started developing small lumps of fat under my skin and marks on my skin resembling age spots but are not. The pills are not having as good an effect on my blood pressure anymore. It went way up. I just don't know what medicine to switch to.”

Liile Ann November 27, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I've been in valsartan a couple years. After gallbladder surgery my blood pressure went high 190/ 90. Since then I have been having ups and downs. I lost 10 lbs, I had two near syncopal episodes back to back. Was monitored in ER for 12 hrs was told vasovagal episode, heart BP fine. Second time admitted all tests fineBP was ok except prior to stress test got to 200/70. 200/100. Since then had another episiode took 160mg in am by evening climbed higher and higher to 190/87. Saw PCP doesn't think it's valsartan. Yesterday took 1/2 valsartan because day before BP fine at 120/70s went shopping, by 4pm could feel it going up, took 1/4 tab waited 2?hrs took another 1/4 it kept up 16070. Took another 1/2 tab and tried to go to sleep heart beating.”

Myrtle1956 November 24, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking a little over a week & am stopping. My stomach feels upset my joints are painful & I constantly feel lightheaded.”

Amberblu · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I might as well take sugar pills. This is the second generic brand of blood pressure medications I have been given since being forced to go off the name brand Diovan prescribed by my doctor. The first generic worked although not as well as the name brand. This one, Mylan, does not work at all. My blood pressure is the highest it's been since I went on blood pressure medication over 22 years ago! Not acceptable at all. Normally with the name brand it ran around 124 over 70 in the afternoon, with the first generic brand it ran about 130 over 75. With Mylan Valsartin it runs 155 to 163 over 83 to 90 in the afternoon!!!”

Fairly · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I was prescribed Valsartan (generic of Diovan) 80 mg, plus Metoprolol ER 25 mg. I've been taking these for about 6 months, during which time I've had muscle stiffness, joint pain, decreased urine flow, cough, vision changes, and some of the other listed side effects. I stopped Valsartan a week ago , and stopped Metoprolol 3 days ago. The past two days, I've never felt better and my blood pressure is about the same as it was on the drugs. Not ideal yet but not in the danger zone. Both of these drugs have many of the same side effects and both generic. C-Span televised a hearing not long about about generic drugs, and I learned that most of them are now made in China and India.”

Cher56 April 23, 2016

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I've been on Diovan, and labetalol. 2 wks ago my bp bottomed out. Hospital took me off labetalol, and cut my Diovan to 160mg. Stayed 190's over 120's to 130's. I put myself back to 320mg. It is now starting to come down.”

FMB April 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I'm 51 & hav been using Diovan Hct 80-12.5 for 5months to cntrll high bp.. The medcn did wrk to regulate my bp keep'n it at 120's/ 80's. I started xperienc'n painful stiffnss in my neck & shoulders, nausea. I decided to wean myslf off the meds & to do this I knw I had to chng my diet & xercise more. First thing to go was soda! I also strtd eating raw garlic '4 cloves' daily (garlic hlps to lowr bp along with othr awesome benefits), I only drnk lemon watr, & 8 ounce of V8 low sodium Veggie Juice Daily- Plenty of fruit & veggies DAILY (avocado, bananas, oranges, blackberries, spinach, kale, sweet potatoes, almonds) I selected these to provid nutrients need'd.. 5 weeks in & BP has maintained!, I feel fabulous & I'm dwn to 1 tablet a week-”

NanPic March 28, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I had taken Diovan for several years to control my blood pressure with no issues. About 6 months ago the drug store substituted Valsartan for the Diovan. I have had a severe chronic cough since January. A pharmacist friend of mine had mentioned that she has had 3 patients this past winter who were taking Valsartan complain of the onset of a chronic cough. I am asking my doctor for a new prescription tomorrow for Diovan ONLY. One case I would say is coincidence, but I am the fourth case. I have been debilitated by this nagging cough. I would be interested to know if others suffer this same side effect .”