User Reviews for Valsartan (Page 2)

Also known as: Diovan

Learn more about Valsartan.

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 2 reviews 15 medications

9.5
High Blood Pressure 76 reviews 264 medications

6.3
Summary of Valsartan reviews 78 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Valsartan

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Prevented fluid buildup near vocal cords experienced with other medications to treat condition."

Annarac (taken for 10 years or more) August 31, 2013

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on 40 mg/day Valsartan for several years, works great at lowering blood pressure. Believe it causes delayed ejaculation. "

Jerrypaull (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2013

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking Diovan 160mg twice daily along with hydrochlorothiazide 25mg for 2 years. Developed a shortness of breath which they told me was asthma problem that I never had before. I insisted it was the medication and was told it wasn't because it worked great for my blood pressure. Had 2 near death experiences from "asthma attacks". They stopped the Diovan and hydrochlorothiazide and I haven't had any problems with breathing. I can be very active without losing my breath now. Now trying to find something else that works as good on my blood pressure."

246810 August 13, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Diovan does the trick as far as the blood pressure goes. I have been an athlete my whole life so high blood pressure was just never dreamed of. The only problem is my erectile dysfunction, which was never a problem before this. Guess I will have to take the bad with the good."

Anonymous October 8, 2012

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Diovan HCT (80/12.5) for a little over one year. It has done the trick on my blood pressure but leaves me with a slight headache and afternoon lethargy. After about 8:00 pm I usually start to feel better. My doctor and I tried 3 other medicines before Diovan HCT with no results. I don't know if the side effects are something I will just have to live with or not. I will discuss this on my next Dr.'s visit."

Butch T. (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2012

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "It has no side effect, I take it in combination of Bystolic 5 Mg and Fish Oil"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2012

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Experience tiredness, no energy."

nctrucker (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2012

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Diovan HCT has controlled my blood pressure for over 10 years. Recently though my potassium has dropped, I've experienced atrial fibrillation and have noticed ringing in my ears. Have gone to just Diovan and have dropped the diuretic."

Anonymous January 21, 2012

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Worked great for my blood pressure however I had to stop this medicine because of severe and rapid hair loss."

firefae March 18, 2011

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Diovan 80 mg some 15 years ago, worked great for me. After about 5 years I developed an allergy to the sun and after many skin biopsy's was diagnosed with Discoid lupus. Had to stay out of the sun, almost like a vampire. My insurance (drug coverage) would no longer cover this medicine so my Doctor prescribed enalapril which worked for a while then blood pressure became erratic, and trying several other medicines made me so sluggish. My Doctor wrote for Diovan again, medically necessary and within 3 days I had a severe skin rash, and low and behold, I never had Discoid lupus, quit taking it. Back to enalapril and now blood pressure is crazy again. Wish I could take Diovan, but want to enjoy the beaches. Back to square one."

Anonymous March 16, 2011

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I used to use lisinopril for two months and my blood pressure would be controlled for a couple of days then uncontrolled and terribly high ranging 170/110 or 180/100 at times. It took about a month to get my blood pressure to range between 142/90 to 124/86. Then my medicines got changed to Diovan because of the severe side effects and I felt 100x better. The first day I took the Diovan it felt like an internal message feeling my blood vessels dilate. It works really well my blood pressure averages around 115/70 and I take it daily...BUT when I get to the Doctors office I become so worried (white coat syndrome) my blood pressure is sky high. So my doctor just added a diuretic also."

sha7411 January 25, 2011

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I take Diovan along with amlodipine and benazepril. My blood pressure is typically about 120-130/70-84. I don't know how much is due to the Diovan vs Lotrel, but I do know that Lotrel taken by itself was unable to get these results. As for side effects, I do seem to have dry cough(varying amounts), some dehydration, darker urine, and substantially less-frequent ejaculations. However, I am not sure if it is the medication that causes such things even though such things are recognized as side-effects."

Anonymous December 10, 2010

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Taking this for two months and really fatigued - used to run marathons for last three years but now VERY tired. Thinking of going back to doctor and trying another blood pressure medication."

Belfast37 September 29, 2010

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I went through a mountain of different blood pressure medications, until I tried Diovan. Most of the other medicines either didn't work or the side effects were severe. It may be expensive but it works. Recently my medicare provider wanted me to try Cozaar, because they don't cover Diovan(cost). I will stay with Diovan even if I have to pay for it myself."

michael hinton July 26, 2010

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I used several medications before my cardiologist prescribed Diovan. I have had wonderful results, no side effects of any type and would suggest Diovan to anyone needing their blood pressure controlled. I consider this medication a miracle! It has been for me! I m 66 years old and have used it for 7 years."

Susanna Currie Harper June 3, 2010

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been using Diovan for several years and it works great, however now my insurance company wants me to resort to Losartan. When I was on Lotensin it didn't do the job. Hope Losartan does."

MargeARK May 18, 2010

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Yes, it lowered my blood pressure. I had, and still do, a persistent lingering dry cough, which led to many visits to the doctor's office: spirometry, chest xray, antibiotics, and more, to rule out any other reason for the cough. And I did hear from one of my co-workers later that her father had a similar experience, cough after taking Diovan. "

Irishdc May 15, 2010

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this medication for about six years. At first it lowered my blood pressure but lately I am still in the 140s over 90s and recently started having ringing in my ears. During the time I was taking this I would become tired during the day and could not walk up one flight of stairs without being out of breath. I started on a workout regime for 9 months now to get into shape and still had fatigue and shortness of breath. I also started to have slight heart palpitations, so I decided to quit all medicines, keep track of my blood pressure and went to the doctor and told him my symptoms and plans. I changed my lifestyle to be much healthier than it had been with diet and exercise. No more fatigue and pressure is even better."

Anonymous April 23, 2010

163 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Controls my blood pressure but gives me stomach pain. Used to take 160 MG, had pain now I take 320/12.5 and I have terrible pains in my center and upper stomach. I am asking the doctor to try another pill. Can'tr take it any more!"

pamslave April 6, 2010

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Taking drug for about 5 years and blood pressure stays around 140/93. All of a sudden started having ringing in ears and decided to go off Diovan after reading this was a side effect. Also noticed shortness of breath, weight gain and tiredness. Now blood pressure is about the same without Diovan or any other medication except still have the ringing in the ears."

Anonymous April 4, 2010

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 160mg/25 for 5 years & have had no problems. No side affects at all. Had to change as insurance company will not pay for it $126.00 month."

Hate Insurance Comp. January 19, 2010

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Diovan for 2 weeks now and so far, it has the fewest side effects (other than hives and painful walking) and gets my blood pressure down (144/88). My system is very sensitive,but with blood pressure running 176/100 and higher, I am thankful this helps."

Anonymous January 2, 2010

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "It works just fine without any side effects. I've been on it for 4 years."

Anonymous December 9, 2009

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have taken this medication since it first hit the market and was really satisfied at first. Now many years later. Hair falling out. Diagnosed as Alopecia. Also muscle problems in chest cavity and extremities. I attribute this all to the medication and will ask it to be changed. "

TURNKEY77 November 22, 2009

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Been taking this medicine for three months. Was on Exforge. I am pleased with the results and also it helps me to lose weight. Lost 10 lbs in one month without trying. Need to loose 30 more lbs going for the gold. Side effect: makes me feel week at times other than that it appears to be working hopefully. I will be off medication when I lose the weight."

Anonymous November 20, 2009