User Reviews for Valsartan (Page 2)

Also known as: Diovan

Learn more about Valsartan.

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 2 reviews 15 medications

9.5
High Blood Pressure 84 reviews 262 medications

6.3
Summary of Valsartan reviews 86 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Valsartan

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "This medicine is a lifesaver. My doctor put me on blood pressure medicine when I turned 40. It made me feel tired and just bad and in about 8 months after I started taking it I started having chest pains. She swapped me to Diovan and I've been on it for 3 years now. I have no side effects, I don't feel bad anymore and it controls my blood pressure."

Lindaloukin December 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I take 50 mg Metoprolol ER at 8pm. At 11 pm intake 80 mg Valsartan. I Awake around 3 am with bp way up, like 175/56 . All day and evening it is in a pretty good range. It seems the Valsartan increases rather than decreases bp!"

Petee 1234 December 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor gave me valsartan to take. I am 58, female taking atenolol for 18 years 50 mg. I took my bp this morning before meds, it was 150 over 86. I then took the valsartan started to feel naseaus and my throat tightening. My bp then shot up to 190 over 123 and was frightened. Clearly not a medicine for me. Going back to lisinopril, which has some side effects but bp is great with it."

bp user (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Taking for 15 years I'm 67. Controls by blood pressure well. I take 160mg. I'm normal weight and very active (Triathlions and marathons). If I train very hard and drop weight I get dizzy sometimes so I cut the pill in half and that does the trick. I occasionally get heart palpitations but I got that before the drug. I use to get terrible migranes before Diovan when I started taking the Diovan it was like s miracle drug for the migranes essentially eliminated them. I still get them now infrequently and not as severe. I have ringing in the ears but I don't know if it's from the Diovan or not but its not a problem for me."

KennyG Jr March 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Diovan 160 mg along with three other medications. My blood pressure went down from 160/100 to 135/90 but I'm not sure if it was due to this medicine or the other three. I seem to get tired in the afternoon when my dosage was increased from 80 to 160 mg."

JLBat March 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I recently started taking this medication for about 1 month 80mg/day and I have experienced shortness of breath going up one flight of stairs, muscle weakness during light housework, and heart palpitations for no reason, dizziness and fatigue. I went on vacation to palm desert and wasn't watching my sodium intake and not keeping hydrated. I paid dearly by watching my blood pressure go from 140/90 to 180/105 and ended up at urgent care. Doc gave me Diazide to flush out the sodium and now my blood pressure is 110/70 and cardiologist decreased Diazide to 40mg. Some of Diovan's side effects are dissipating with this reduction. I am not happy taking any medication unless necessary especially at the age of 46. Hope to be off all medicines soon."

ddsmile (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "7 years ago my Blood pressure skyrocketed 110/100. I was going through some personnel issues at home and Dr. put me on Toprol(Beta-Blocker) didn't work, having heart palpitations. I started running and also changed my Meds to Diovan 160mg. BP went down to 110/70. "

Runner's Cramp (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 26, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "I take Diovan daily with Norvasc 5mg. I have had no issues with either medicine. I have had no issues with edema either, which is a relief."

MollyTx (taken for 10 years or more) September 7, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Prevented fluid buildup near vocal cords experienced with other medications to treat condition."

Annarac (taken for 10 years or more) August 31, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on 40 mg/day Valsartan for several years, works great at lowering blood pressure. Believe it causes delayed ejaculation. "

Jerrypaull (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking Diovan 160mg twice daily along with hydrochlorothiazide 25mg for 2 years. Developed a shortness of breath which they told me was asthma problem that I never had before. I insisted it was the medication and was told it wasn't because it worked great for my blood pressure. Had 2 near death experiences from "asthma attacks". They stopped the Diovan and hydrochlorothiazide and I haven't had any problems with breathing. I can be very active without losing my breath now. Now trying to find something else that works as good on my blood pressure."

246810 August 13, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Diovan does the trick as far as the blood pressure goes. I have been an athlete my whole life so high blood pressure was just never dreamed of. The only problem is my erectile dysfunction, which was never a problem before this. Guess I will have to take the bad with the good."

Anonymous October 8, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Diovan HCT (80/12.5) for a little over one year. It has done the trick on my blood pressure but leaves me with a slight headache and afternoon lethargy. After about 8:00 pm I usually start to feel better. My doctor and I tried 3 other medicines before Diovan HCT with no results. I don't know if the side effects are something I will just have to live with or not. I will discuss this on my next Dr.'s visit."

Butch T. (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "It has no side effect, I take it in combination of Bystolic 5 Mg and Fish Oil"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Experience tiredness, no energy."

nctrucker (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Diovan HCT has controlled my blood pressure for over 10 years. Recently though my potassium has dropped, I've experienced atrial fibrillation and have noticed ringing in my ears. Have gone to just Diovan and have dropped the diuretic."

Anonymous January 21, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Worked great for my blood pressure however I had to stop this medicine because of severe and rapid hair loss."

firefae March 18, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Diovan 80 mg some 15 years ago, worked great for me. After about 5 years I developed an allergy to the sun and after many skin biopsy's was diagnosed with Discoid lupus. Had to stay out of the sun, almost like a vampire. My insurance (drug coverage) would no longer cover this medicine so my Doctor prescribed enalapril which worked for a while then blood pressure became erratic, and trying several other medicines made me so sluggish. My Doctor wrote for Diovan again, medically necessary and within 3 days I had a severe skin rash, and low and behold, I never had Discoid lupus, quit taking it. Back to enalapril and now blood pressure is crazy again. Wish I could take Diovan, but want to enjoy the beaches. Back to square one."

Anonymous March 16, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I used to use lisinopril for two months and my blood pressure would be controlled for a couple of days then uncontrolled and terribly high ranging 170/110 or 180/100 at times. It took about a month to get my blood pressure to range between 142/90 to 124/86. Then my medicines got changed to Diovan because of the severe side effects and I felt 100x better. The first day I took the Diovan it felt like an internal message feeling my blood vessels dilate. It works really well my blood pressure averages around 115/70 and I take it daily...BUT when I get to the Doctors office I become so worried (white coat syndrome) my blood pressure is sky high. So my doctor just added a diuretic also."

sha7411 January 25, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I take Diovan along with amlodipine and benazepril. My blood pressure is typically about 120-130/70-84. I don't know how much is due to the Diovan vs Lotrel, but I do know that Lotrel taken by itself was unable to get these results. As for side effects, I do seem to have dry cough(varying amounts), some dehydration, darker urine, and substantially less-frequent ejaculations. However, I am not sure if it is the medication that causes such things even though such things are recognized as side-effects."

Anonymous December 10, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Taking this for two months and really fatigued - used to run marathons for last three years but now VERY tired. Thinking of going back to doctor and trying another blood pressure medication."

Belfast37 September 29, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I went through a mountain of different blood pressure medications, until I tried Diovan. Most of the other medicines either didn't work or the side effects were severe. It may be expensive but it works. Recently my medicare provider wanted me to try Cozaar, because they don't cover Diovan(cost). I will stay with Diovan even if I have to pay for it myself."

michael hinton July 26, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I used several medications before my cardiologist prescribed Diovan. I have had wonderful results, no side effects of any type and would suggest Diovan to anyone needing their blood pressure controlled. I consider this medication a miracle! It has been for me! I m 66 years old and have used it for 7 years."

Susanna Currie Harper June 3, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been using Diovan for several years and it works great, however now my insurance company wants me to resort to Losartan. When I was on Lotensin it didn't do the job. Hope Losartan does."

MargeARK May 18, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Yes, it lowered my blood pressure. I had, and still do, a persistent lingering dry cough, which led to many visits to the doctor's office: spirometry, chest xray, antibiotics, and more, to rule out any other reason for the cough. And I did hear from one of my co-workers later that her father had a similar experience, cough after taking Diovan. "

Irishdc May 15, 2010