User Reviews for Valproic acid to treat Seizures

Also known as: Valproate Sodium

Reviews for Valproic acid

gray kitten June 19, 2019

“I do suffer from seizures but also depression and it helps with both”

SensiblePi July 16, 2015

Depakene (valproic acid): “I was on this for 4 1/2 years, right up to a very high dose. I got the side effect of constantly feeling hungry yet never feeling full, no matter how much I ate. That immediately caused me to gain 10 lbs. a month for 6 months: 60 pounds! It also gave me the side effects of major depression and a generally unpleasant mood overall. It was of the usual average effectiveness in controlling my seizures, which began due to neurological brain damage in a traffic accident. Note: This medication is highlyY dangerous to pregnant women. It will cause permanent damage to their fetus.”

Lynnrx52 July 1, 2010

“Depakote sprinkles is the formula my son was taking. It was an almost too good to be true solution for him for over 20 years. For those 20 years he experienced the following manageable side effects; weight gain, periodic hand tremors, constipation. It also gave him a much deserved good 'feeling'. After that his seizures broke through and other side effects appeared such as hair loss, skin issues and more severe constipation. We'll miss Depakote.”

Lizardoli November 3, 2009

“Very effective medication while I was on it, I did switch to Keppra though due to some side effects. It made my hands shaky and weak.”