User Reviews for Bextra

Bextra has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 91% of those users who reviewed Bextra reported a positive effect, while 9% reported a negative effect.

Pain   8.0
Osteoarthritis   9.8
Period Pain   10.0
Rheumatoid Arthritis   10.0
Summary of Bextra reviews 9.0 13 reviews

Reviews for Bextra

Jacko · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

For Pain: “I had pain and swelling in my ankle, from a ladder accident. Podiatrist prescribed Bextra. After 3 days, my scalp developed severe, oozing blisters. I stopped taking Bextra immediately, before any other major reactions occurred. I was lucky it didn't kill me.”

davao.expat · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 14, 2018

For Pain: “This Bextra saved my life after a failed Gallbladder surgery in 2002. A bile duct was clipped on my pancreas and bile leaked all over for almost 2 Days. After a stint was placed in my Pancreas, I had a life threatening Pancreatitis attacks and was circling the drain, rotation of narcotics, and Toradol every 4 hours I was unconscious most of the time. This pain doc said we have this new Drug Bextra that might help, pill form only. I said anything. I signed the form and within 24 hours, thats was all I took, all the tubes, and PICC line removed, and 2 more days later I was being discharged.. I ran out of my stock of 20mg Bextra in 2009 ( they had started to turn a little yellow ) but, since on Morphine and Fentanyl. . This Drug could solve a major part of the Opiate crisis, as it worked like a miracle drug, for so many inflammation related conditions. .”

MoonMan72 December 25, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “After suffering for over 20 years with unspecified inflammation of my hands I tried using Bextra and WOW! I only used when my hands were inflamed (and hot to the touch) at bedtime. When I woke up the next day, my hands were back to normal! I only used when I had a flair up once or twice a month. What a surprise to find I could no longer buy this wonderful drug. If I'd known it was to be pulled, I would of invested in 1000 of these pills for myself. I never had any side effects when taken only when needed. Is it still available anywhere else?”

NY Female · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2012

For Period Pain: “My experience with the use of Bextra was great! I did not take it on a daily basis . I used it as needed for severe bloating , heavy menstrual cycles and severe pain in my stomach and back. I took one pill during that time of month. Looked as if I lost 20lbs, felt great and was pain free. The medication was given to me as a sample trial from my OBGYN Dr. Not long following my sample pills Bextra was pulled and no longer available for use. This may have been a different result for me, had I taken the medicine daily . Considering that I did not . There was not any side effects to the medication .”

Anonymous August 7, 2009

For Pain: “I have had migraines and irritable bowel syndrome since a child. I have developed curvature of the spine and degenerative discs. Bextra fixed them all. I am now on Percocet since the removal of Bextra. Percocet makes the pain tolerable but never takes the pain away like Bextra did.”

Anonymous June 26, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Best drug ever for rheumatoid arthritis. Should not be taken off the market. Not every drug is for every person. Look at Penicillin. Bring it back now!”

Linda65 February 12, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I broke my back and after trying many medicines and many combinations of medicines, Bextra was the only one that worked for my pain.”

dwewe July 28, 2008

For Pain: “I was in agony for 11 days after my doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer for intense lower back pain. A friend gave me sample packs of Bextra and the pain was gone within a half day of taking Bextra.”

Anonymous March 30, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I found Bextra to be the most helpful medication for knee, shoulder or back pain that I have ever had. I desperately hope that it can be back on the market. It is too good to let go.”

1452 April 13, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I took this drug and it helped me a lot. I did have breakouts on my ankles but no other problems. I miss this drug, it sure helped my pain.”

Anonymous January 6, 2010

For Pain: “Worked great for me. Did exactly what Doctor said it would do!”

Anonymous February 6, 2009

For Pain: “Works better than all the other Cox 2 Inhibitors.”

JPE August 28, 2008

For Pain: “I had a similar experience. I had persistent back pain that muscle relaxers did nothing for. I started taking Bextra and the pain was gone in a day.”