User Reviews for Bextra

Bextra has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 91% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 9% reported a negative experience.

Pain
10.0
Summary of Bextra reviews 9.0 13 reviews

Reviews for Bextra

MoonMan72 · December 25, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “After suffering for over 20 years with unspecified inflammation of my hands I tried using Bextra and WOW! I only used when my hands were inflamed (and hot to the touch) at bedtime. When I woke up the next day, my hands were back to normal! I only used when I had a flair up once or twice a month. What a surprise to find I could no longer buy this wonderful drug. If I'd known it was to be pulled, I would of invested in 1000 of these pills for myself. I never had any side effects when taken only when needed. Is it still available anywhere else?”

NY Female · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 23, 2012

For Period Pain: “My experience with the use of Bextra was great! I did not take it on a daily basis . I used it as needed for severe bloating , heavy menstrual cycles and severe pain in my stomach and back. I took one pill during that time of month. Looked as if I lost 20lbs, felt great and was pain free. The medication was given to me as a sample trial from my OBGYN Dr. Not long following my sample pills Bextra was pulled and no longer available for use. This may have been a different result for me, had I taken the medicine daily . Considering that I did not . There was not any side effects to the medication .”

davao.expat · Taken for 5 to 10 years · November 14, 2018

For Pain: “This Bextra saved my life after a failed Gallbladder surgery in 2002. A bile duct was clipped on my pancreas and bile leaked all over for almost 2 Days. After a stint was placed in my Pancreas, I had a life threatening Pancreatitis attacks and was circling the drain, rotation of narcotics, and Toradol every 4 hours I was unconscious most of the time. This pain doc said we have this new Drug Bextra that might help, pill form only. I said anything. I signed the form and within 24 hours, thats was all I took, all the tubes, and PICC line removed, and 2 more days later I was being discharged.. I ran out of my stock of 20mg Bextra in 2009 ( they had started to turn a little yellow ) but, since on Morphine and Fentanyl. . This Drug could solve a major part of the Opiate crisis, as it worked like a miracle drug, for so many inflammation related conditions. .”

Anonymous · August 7, 2009

For Pain: “I have had migraines and irritable bowel syndrome since a child. I have developed curvature of the spine and degenerative discs. Bextra fixed them all. I am now on Percocet since the removal of Bextra. Percocet makes the pain tolerable but never takes the pain away like Bextra did.”

Jacko · Taken for less than 1 month · May 22, 2020

For Pain: “I had pain and swelling in my ankle, from a ladder accident. Podiatrist prescribed Bextra. After 3 days, my scalp developed severe, oozing blisters. I stopped taking Bextra immediately, before any other major reactions occurred. I was lucky it didn't kill me.”

Anonymous · June 26, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Best drug ever for rheumatoid arthritis. Should not be taken off the market. Not every drug is for every person. Look at Penicillin. Bring it back now!”

dwewe · July 28, 2008

For Pain: “I was in agony for 11 days after my doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer for intense lower back pain. A friend gave me sample packs of Bextra and the pain was gone within a half day of taking Bextra.”

Linda65 · February 12, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I broke my back and after trying many medicines and many combinations of medicines, Bextra was the only one that worked for my pain.”

Anonymous · March 30, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I found Bextra to be the most helpful medication for knee, shoulder or back pain that I have ever had. I desperately hope that it can be back on the market. It is too good to let go.”

1452 · April 13, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I took this drug and it helped me a lot. I did have breakouts on my ankles but no other problems. I miss this drug, it sure helped my pain.”

Anonymous · January 6, 2010

For Pain: “Worked great for me. Did exactly what Doctor said it would do!”

Anonymous · February 6, 2009

For Pain: “Works better than all the other Cox 2 Inhibitors.”

JPE · August 28, 2008

For Pain: “I had a similar experience. I had persistent back pain that muscle relaxers did nothing for. I started taking Bextra and the pain was gone in a day.”