User Reviews for Urea topical to treat Dermatological Disorders

Also known as: Gormel, Epimide 50, Hydro 35, Carmol, Cerovel, Aqua Care, Dermasorb XM, Urea Nail, Gordons Urea, Atrac-Tain, Rea-Lo, Gormel 10, Ultra Mide, Ureacin-20, Ureacin-10, Nutraplus, Carmol 10, Dermatol 10, Aquaphilic with Urea, Umecta, Uramaxin, Umecta Nail Film, U-Kera, Carmol 20, Carmol 40, Umecta PD, URE-K, Keralac, Hydro 40, Rynoderm, Rea Lo 39, Keratol 45 Kera Nail Kera-42 Urevaz Umecta Mousse Umecta Nail Film with Pen Applicator Rinnovi Nail System Uramaxin TS URE-39 Utopic CEM-Urea Aluvea Hydro 40 Foam Carb-O-Philic/10 Carb-O-Philic/20 …show all brand names

Urea topical has an average rating of 9.8 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Dermatological Disorders. 100% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Urea topical Rating Summary

9.8/10 average rating

Compare all 2453 medications used in the treatment of Dermatological Disorders.

Reviews for Urea topical

Anonymous March 15, 2009

Carmol 40 (urea): “I used this on the advise of a podiatrist on my cracked and calloused heels. I noticed the improvement in a week. I highly recommend this for your hard, rough dry feet. After it has worked its magic, you should just follow up with regular moisturizer everyday and use the Carmol 40% once a week there after.”

Anonymous August 22, 2011

“I have used many lotions, creams, etc. in the past to help with intense itching I get from dyshidrotic eczema ...for 10 years and when I finally found this cream I was in heaven. The moment I put this on my feet or hands, the itching goes away and I no longer feel the need to itch! For anyone who has any kind of eczema you know how hard it is to not scratch or itch and this lotion takes away any itching feeling I might have.”

Anonymous July 13, 2008

Carmol 20 (urea): “I use this cream for my son who has a rare genetic skin disorder, a form of ichthyosis. He gets a severe hyperkeratosis build up particularly around his joint areas. I've found that it has been wonderfully effective at reducing this build up. I'm very pleased with the product.”

Luis Mae September 14, 2016

“Have been using this product since the beginning of 2016. I suffer from plaque psoriasis on the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet, they were cracked, cut open, weeping and bleeding. Everytime I closed or tried to close my hands they cracked and opened more. My feet were bad I could barely stand shoes, and they itched. I went to Dr. was given Prednisone and cortisone cream, it helped but after 2 weeks of using Urea 40 things started clearing nicely, I use it twice daily along with Glysolid cream. These two products have been my saving grace. If I have a flare up, these are my go to guys.”

Tarad73 June 19, 2015

X-Viate (urea): “I have raised areas of skin colored keratosis on my ankles legs and top of hands. My dermatologist prescribe me several creams with no really obvious results to speak of. I was just prescribed the cream and overnight the areas already feel different. I am beyond excited that this seems to be working and such a very short amount of time...”

Sports mom · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2018

“My 9 year old son has a condition shared by my mother where there are not enough pores in his feet so when he sweats his feet peel similar to a sunburn. Over the summer his feet had gotten so bad he could hardly walk and he developed and infection in the skin and had dry peeling and deeply cracked feet. He has been on the prescription cream for one week and already had significant improvement. Almost all of the peeling skin is gone and the new skin remains soft and playable. Waiting for follow up after week 2 and interested to see how he responds if taken off the end. Since I apply the cream to his feet myself I notice my palms are newer and improved skin even though I wash after each application.”

Mrtilman · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2016

Rea Lo 40 (urea): “One application on alternating days in conjunction with fluocinonide topical for two weeks. After bath and thorough foot scrub, apply Rea Lo or fluocinonide first, then regular lotion (I use Vanicream), then occlude with wet wrap therapy method (saran wrap was suggested as alternative, but I found wet wrap much more comfortable to sleep with: put damp socks on over treated feet, then dry socks over damp socks to keep). Great improvement early on, I expect improvement continued, but was less evident in second week. Treatment completed until eczema flares up again. Also helped hands substantially, even though I used less intensive application.”

Houndogharry · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 1, 2021

“I make your own! I mix 20% of urea (by weight) into Sorbolene ($2.99 for 500ml), The Urea will dissolves in the Sorbolene cream overnight. I shake it up to make sure that the dissolved Urea is mixed well. I then use it as a moisturizer. It works great for me. This information is from my experience only. I am not recommending that you make your own. If you happen to do so, I take no responsibly or liability for any negative affects this mixture may have on you.”

Carol · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2020

Nutraplus (urea): “I too had a problem with itchy skin on my arms and was permanently scratching until I was referred to the dermatologist. After trying a few different topical applications he prescribed this one and it was like magic! That was 3 years ago. Now because it was more than two years the gp is not allowed to repeat the prescription - and I cannot buy it anywhere. I believe it might be available from France or New Zealand online - has anyone any knowledge of buying medications from abroad?”

Peanut and Gizmos mom · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

Kera-42 (urea): “I've had a very dry, cracked, peeled heels for many years. This stuff worked so well. My heels is perfect now even with daily sandals. I don't know why I didn't go to the podiatrist sooner!”

Queenie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2019

Kera-42 (urea): “Cream relieves pain of toes and heel.”

Borge · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 7, 2019

Rea Lo 40 (urea): “This medicine was the only one that cure my dermatitis just two weeks, is sad that they stopped selling the Rea lo 40%”