User Reviews for Umeclidinium to treat COPD

Also known as: Incruse Ellipta

Umeclidinium has an average rating of 3.1 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of COPD. 13% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 75% reported a negative effect.

Umeclidinium Rating Summary

3.1/10 average rating

Compare all 118 medications used in the treatment of COPD.

Reviews for Umeclidinium

Hope February 15, 2020

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “Incruse helped me breathe more than any other inhaler. But a couple of weeks after being on it, some food caught in my throat and (terrifyingly!) I coughed up blood. I hoped it was a one- off thing. But it happened again necessitating an endoscopy and then an examination from an ENT. Tests revealed nothing . It’s happened now six times. Then a couple of months ago the right side of my face went numb and swollen. Then I noticed white sores in my mouth and on my lips. Thrush. The doctor gave me antifungal drops that made it go and but it returned with a vengeance. It was a nightmare! I subsequently was prescribed a stronger antifungal - two lots - but it’s all returned. I always rinse my mouth thoroughly. I also gargle in salt and sterilize my toothbrushes. The next step is an even stronger antifungal that requires frequent liver tests - not ideal for someone with a lung/ liver disease like me. I feel like I’m living a nightmare in my quest to breathe.”

tmf24556 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2016

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “My Medicare Advantage Company suggested I use this after they removed Spriva from their approved list on medications. I used it for a week and my emphysema worsened considerably. It worsened to the point that I couldn't walk 10 yards without stopping to get my breath. I called my pulmonary doctor to see if I could get an exception made to go back on Spirva.”

Shiobhan · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2018

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I was forced to switch from Spiriva capsule to spiriva Respimat that I was doing very well on, with few side effects. Spiriva Respimat caused severe dizziness, anxiety and breathing problems. Then I was forced to try Incruse Ellipta and this one is even worse. Congestion, Severe breathing problems and extreme fatigue. I have gone from being active to spending most of my time in bed. I don't know what to do.”

Garbo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 15, 2019

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I was switched from Spiriva to Incruse after eight months of sore throat, dry cough, and generally feeling bad following surgery to replace aortic heart valve. I just had my yearly eye exam and have been referred to specialist for evaluation of wide angle glaucoma. These findings were not seen one year ago. This is listed on the drug insert as a possible side effect of Incruse. I likely will be taken off of Incruse.”

BJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 21, 2019

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “Horrible muscle and joint pain, severe anxiety interfering even with my ability to do job interviews, severe stomach pain which took me to ER =gastritis. Do now I have a choice - use Incruse with my Breo so I can breath and work along with medications to counteract side effects example :atenolol for blood pressure and anxiety control, and tylenlol#3 for severe pain levels and muscle tightness, as well as pepcid AC 20mg twice daily and carafate between the pepcid for severe abdominal pain..or I can just quit Incruse and stay home sit in a chair not being able to breath.”

Lunadia · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2016

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I began using Incruse Ellipta after my Medicare Advantage plan discontinued coverage for Spiriva, which I had used successfully for a couple of years. The biggest problem I encountered was the horrid, bitter taste of the Incruse. At first I thought perhaps I had received an outdated inhaler, but my first refill had the same awful taste. I developed thrush and had to be treated for that. After six weeks on the Incruse Ellipta, I and my Immunologist applied for and were granted an exception for me to return to using Spiriva.”

Maddie · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2018

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I have been on this drug for two weeks and feel downright awful. I need to use my oxygen all the time, can barely walk to the kitchen from the living room without getting extremely weak, and constantly feel like I need to clear my throat. I was switched to Incruse when Medicare dropped Spiriva from its approved list. I want my Spiriva back!”

diane · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I switched to this last week, from spiriva, due to a difference of $35, on my copay. I dislike it very much. I have had a sore throat since starting. I came down with a cold immediately. I get a horrible taste, and a burning sensation in my throat, when I take it, and gargling does not help my throat. The burning is still there. I expect to get thrush, and will be very unhappy.”

Just startex January 17, 2017

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “Just started inhaler today. I don't taste anything. And all inhalers can cause thrush its white spots back throat , dr said rinse & gargle with water after use , harmless and don't overuse any inhaler. Hope helps”

Jeff · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2020

“This medicine was prescribed to me for 30 days at the of that time it had paralyzed the left side of my vocal chord severely reducing my ability to talk and causes me to choke very easy because the vocal chords won’t come together, it also makes it very hard to breathe normally. I highly recommend staying away from this medication. It has affected my life in a drastic manner.”

Gail · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2021

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I've never felt so ill in all my life, I've gone from working to being stuck in my flat, can't sleep, mucus that I never had before, breathing 10 times worse. I feel like I'm being tortured and nobody is listening. Had paramedic here the first time I used it because I couldn't breathe and two weeks later no change.”

WildcatVet · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 29, 2020

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I haven't had an exacerbation since I began using Incruse Ellipta and my breathing has improved 100%. I've had no side effects, reactions, or adverse events.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 11, 2018

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I got pneumonia twice in my 7 months that I used this. And it took 2 months to recover each time. This was the only difference in routine. So, I'm done with it. Not for me, thanks.”

Dibs · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2019

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “This totally stopped my coughing but It just depressed my mucous - build up which was not a good thing, I am scared to use again ( a month in feel like I’m detoxing now)”

Vinnie · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2018

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “This medication did help my breathing problems however it gave me a sore throat and plugged up my sinuses. : (”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 25, 2017

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “Love this inhaler, after trying breo, dulera, Tudorza, spiriva, symbicort, and Adair, this one works the best for me”

Deb Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 8, 2018

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “This does not work.”

stillsticky · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2016

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “This drug made my heart rate drop extremely low !I got a sore throat and could not stand up! It gave me upper stomach pain and bloating! I also got Thrush from it!”

Tt · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 29, 2021

Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium): “I would not recommend Incruse inhaler to anyone. It has given me heart blockage. I am very angry as it is not listed as a side affect.”