User Reviews for Triazolam

Also known as: Halcion

Learn more about Triazolam.

Triazolam Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 109 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Triazolam to treat Insomnia

"I prefer Triazolam to any other pill for sleeping. I take only one half pill and only on occasion. I have never had ANY PROBLEM with this drug. My only problem is that no doctor will prescribe it for me!"

I have never had any problem (taken for 10 years or more) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Best sleep medication on the market! Don't understand why all the doctors are being told to get people off this medication. It is far better than anti depressant. The doctors are only pushing anti depressants because they are getting paybacks for prescribing zombie medication."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First time on this medication I don't see why it works for me everyone body is different I took it an hour before my dental appointment it relaxes your body , but I still felt everything dentist movement and plus there weren't any sleep for me I was wide awake it's ok but I prefer IV sedation thank you"

Char char March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "I had insomnia for over 72 hours. Halcion fixed it immediately. The bad news is they only gave a weeks worth and then the Dr. went on vacation and his stand-in refused to refill. I had 2 days of insomnia after that and then it passed."

manners (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "I started taking this for insomnia caused by PTSD. It has been incredibly helpful. It is literally the ONLY thing that can get me to sleep when I'm having problems. My doc has kept me on it despite the improvement in night time PTSD episodes because I still have unrelated insomnia, and still have occasional bouts that are related to PTSD. It's been a godsend."

Findagoodwaytoletpeopleusename (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "Works well for sleep. However, I'm prescribed it for Nocturnal panic attacks (panic that wakes me up) & it definitely does the trick. I gave it 9/10 bc I will actually end up having an attack shortly after it kicks in. Usually lasts 5-10 mins before I fall asleep."

BabyGurl3171 December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken Triazolam 2 to 5 nights/week since early 80's. Works great every time!! I initially started Triazolam 0.5 mg because Quaalude 350 mg were being phased out. I bounced between Placidyl 750 mg, Seconal 100 mg, Chloral Hydrate 1000 mg and Triazolam 0.5 mg. Triazolam has stood the test of time while all the others have fallen out of favor."

HCKrod3 December 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"only thing that ever helped me"

sleepingnow (taken for 10 years or more) November 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "Keeps on working great after using for 2 years."

Frank lifty (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "I was 28 when my doctor wrote my first script. I had just had to put my mother in a nursing home and that did not go well for her or for me. And I had just take a job 350 miles from home. I started with a white cap, a 1.0 mg. It worked great for me, but some people had problems with that dose of 1 mg and the FDA said doctors could not write anything above .50, or two white caps, .25. When I had to reduce my dose, it took me 6 months to get my body adjusted. So, 31 years later, I am 59 now and have to have the .50 to sleep. All my insurance companies thru the years would pay for the drug as a bandage for my problem, but would not pay a penny for drug treatment to get off the halcion. Yes,I know I am hooked on halcion for life."

D-Ray (taken for 10 years or more) July 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I even woke up under anesthesia."

Bipolarxnoxdreams (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking halcion for about 30 yrs. I have been taking two pills every night. This is the only pill that has ever worked for me. The only thing that I have noticed is short term memory loss. If I don't take it I won't fall asleep. Halcion, is the best medication I have ever taken for my insomnia."

Smickaj (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "I was on halcion for almost 5 years until I built a tolerance and it stopped working. Since then I have tried numerous medications of various types and none have worked as well as halcion. Most have not even been close or didn't work at all. With halcion, I fell asleep quickly and naturally, and stayed asleep at least 6 hours. It was a restful sleep with no side effects like dreams or strange behavior. I had no problems waking up or functioning the following day. It's only now that I can't find a substitute that I really appreciate the benefits of halcion."

lisaakjc (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "The best sleep and no side effects"

keithieg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I probably hold the record for the longest regular use of this drug! Started taking Halcion .5 mg in 1982 (the year it came on the market, I think) and have taken it nearly every night for the past 33 years. In all that time, I have missed maybe 20-30 nights total. It is effective, staying in the bloodstream just six hours so you don't wake up groggy. It works fast and helps me GET to sleep, which is my main problem. I occasionally try going without it, but almost always get up around 1 a.m. if I haven't fallen asleep and take it. After a number of years (maybe 8-10) the .5 mg strength was no longer available so I have taken .25 since then. Frustrated that insurance will not cover it as it's been a great drug for me."

PriDee55 (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "I have problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Halcion works really well and I have been taking 0.25mg once a night for the past 5 years and I have never needed to increase the dose. I sometimes only take half a pill and it works okay. I've tried ambien and lunesta but they didn't work as well. I have noticed memory problems and short term memory loss over the years and think it may be caused by the long term daily use but I'd rather get good sleep. Insurance only covers 10 pills so I just pay out of pocket to get 30 pills."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Triazolam (halcion) is great. In 10 years of use I have never built up tolerance to it but only use it when required. Upon average 5 nights a week. I break my 0.25mg in half and make sure that I am relaxed as possible when taking it. There appears, for me anyhow, to be a threshold of about 15 to 30 mins after taking it where if you get involved in stressful activity its effectiveness is reduced dramatically. Best used in conjunction with relaxation techniques."

Narvirna (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "Probably one of the BEST medications for insomnia..its a shame its rarely prescribed anymore."

slosippa (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "Halcion has been very effective for me. The only problem I have noticed is if I eat late the medicine is not effective. I take Halcion with trazodone and never had to increase dosage on either medicine. I have been using this combination for 5 or 6 years. My insomnia was a result of menopause."

Tinafrca August 21, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "I was prescribed 0.25mg for about 9 months. It worked great. Quick acting and nice feeling. But tolerance did build up towards the end and was not getting as good sleep. I'm on Zolpidem now which I find great."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Has given me back my life after years of insomnia."

que111 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 16, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have now tried this medication twice the first time I had taken two 0.25 mg tablets with no effect the next night I took three and I still could not sleep I am still waiting on my doctor before taking any more."

JDtriazolam (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffered from severe insomnia for years, and tried many prescription sleep aids over that period, however none have been as effective for me as triazolam has been. I have gotten my life back, and no longer have trouble falling asleep, it works fast and I have not experienced any side effects."

jack00000008 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Halcion (triazolam): "It is not pleasant if you cannot function in life because you cannot sleep... this medication helped me to get back to my life."

gch February 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Triazolam works great and I've tried almost all the benzodiazepines for insomnia and this one works the best. My doctor retired and my new doctor wont write me a script for it, even though I showed him a printout that read I been taking it for 7 years. It has a real short half-life so you shouldn't wake up groggy in the morning. The doctor put me on Temazepam which doesn't work half as good."

RemSupreme (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2012