User Reviews for Treprostinil systemic

Also known as: Orenitram, Remodulin, Tyvaso

Treprostinil Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension.

Reviews for Treprostinil to treat Pulmonary Hypertension

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "My dad had pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis and heart disease. This medication helped him breathe easier, let me get him out of the house more and I am so thankful this was available to us. Although during hospital stays I had to clean and change the medication and machine each day, as none of the respiratory therapist had seen or used the medication before. I know this medication helped me to have my dad longer than I would have without it."

MILO (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

Remodulin (treprostinil): "The doctors in my area had given me two months at the most. I was taken by ambulance hospital on the verge of death ,unable to breath , kidneys shutting down , When I got there it was not looking good for me. They diagnosed me with Pulmonary Hypertension and started me on remodulin intraveneously which had to be increased gradually over a period of six weeks. The symptoms were pretty bad usually after an increase which was done every two days. But I started improving after a couple of weeks I was totally off of the oxygen and the cough I had for almost a year went away . Before leaving the hospital I had to learn how to mix the remodulin and how to change the pump- something I have to do every other day . Its compact it is just always attached to me However by wearing coveralls to conceal the tubing and keeping it in my pocket I have been able to return to work . I feel so much better occasionally have trouble sleeping , but not a lot of side effects"

Jed 12345 February 3, 2018

Remodulin (treprostinil): "I found it to have horrible side effects that caused me to have to take several other meds to deal with the side effects i.e. Jaw pain, nerve pain in legs , site pain, migraines , dizziness, nausea , confusion and depression. I did find my chronic cough was almost completely gone and I was starting to be able to walk further . I stopped after 1 month because the side effects were unbearable"

Red7iris (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2017

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "Been on Tyvaso for 3 years. It has improved my PH significantly 10 to 12 puffs a sitting. Always made me cough but recently the cough has gotten worse. Not going to stop just take fewer puffs"

Rob38 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2016

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "I have been on tyvaso for a little over a year now and like one of the users said 9 breathes was to much for me. I stay somewhere between 5 to 7 breathes and it dose wonders for me. However I can't always find the time to get to the treatment 4 times per day.. I also take adcira and letirius. among the thee pulmonary hypertension( PH) meds I think that the tyvaso has the ability to be the best of them. I just wish I could focus enough everyday to take 4 pr day . Anyone knows anything helpful please comment. yall have a good day and good luck to all with your PH......"

ctm7854 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2016

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "I have been using Tyvaso for 4 months, the first three I saw no improvement. Now I do feel a little better but not much. I live 5 short blocks away from the Mayo clinic in Rochester Mn. and I have to sit down for a few minutes each block to catch my breath. Yesterday it took me 40 minutes to go a quarter mile. Even walking upstairs is hard for me. I just don't know what to do."

Bad Habit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2016

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "I have been taking Tyvaso for approximately 6 months now and haven't had any adverse effects. There are side effects of the medicine, of course, which include cough, sore throat, hoarseness, and occasional headaches and muscle ache, but overall it is worth it for me."

BRIDGETTELYNN68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2014

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "Improved her ability to live."

Anonymous October 8, 2012

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "I started out doing very well with Tyvaso. When they increased the puffs to 9, my condition went back to being fatigued and short of breath. I take Tyvaso for pulmonary arterial hypertension."

Anonymous January 11, 2012

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "My wife has pulmonary arterial hypertension along with COPD and Lung cancer. The results of my wife using Tyvaso was truly remarkable. She showed improvements in a very short time frame. She has progressed to 9 puffs 4 times a day. She has had very light side effects, i.e. sore throat and mild cough during treatments. The sore throats have diminished drastically when rinsing and gargling with warm tap water between puffs and after treatments. The coughing is mild and only presents during treatment. The positive results were noticeable as early as 6 weeks and have been amazing. She looks and feels better than she has in a year. Her stamina has increased by approximately 25%. Tyvaso has given our family hope and the strength to fight her other major health problems! Thank you!"

Anonymous August 28, 2011

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "I have PAH in the later stages, this medicine has improved my breathing with the other medicines I am taking. My 6 minute walk test improved also. Only problem is the sore throat from coughing after using it."

Anonymous October 9, 2010

Tyvaso (treprostinil): "My boyfriend had severe pulmonary arterial hypertension. This medicine helped him very much. The only real problem is some of the side affects, grumpy, but, personally, they are worth it. He will hopefully be around for a few more years."

Anonymous July 18, 2010