User Reviews for Tranylcypromine systemic

Depression
8.5

Summary of Tranylcypromine reviews 8.5 66 reviews

Reviews for Tranylcypromine

For Depression: "I am not going to tell you how effective this drug is, as most users referred to it properly and accurately, and another user called it "the only true antidepressant in the market". Honestly I can't agree enough. I am diagnosed with MDD, ADD, GAD, panic disorder and social phobia. I was on several medication for years and none worked. let me tell you ,the tyramine free diet is not that hard as media are exaggerating. It is all about eating fresh and healthy food and avoiding drugs. The diet will make feel fresh and healthy, I highly recommend going for such a diet, it's an effective antidepressant on its own. I hope doctors consider this drug more, if taken properly, it's better tolerated than most and the most effective overall."

K.A.Khan (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

For Depression: "This is the best drug for depression. It is also used in treatment resistant ADHD. Works better than Dexedrine (which I was on for years before discovering this drug). Unlike Dexedrine, there is no 'tolerance' and it is not neurotoxic (it is actually neuroprotective) despite being an amphetamine analogue. Only side effect is insomnia which gets better with time and can be easily managed with occasional use of a hypnotic. Taking 20mg x 3 (60mg). 10/10, highly recommended."

Big Phil November 15, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I have a very bad Panic Disorder. Tried many meds for four years to no avail. Finally Dr. told me about Parnate and it scared me but went ahead and took it. The next day was WOW complete change that fast. I could concentrate, happy, panic attacks basically stopped as I was having at least 4 a day and trying to take care of a toddler and work. It was my miracle to be able to have a so called normal life. Of course it does not take away all panic attacks but when I do feel one coming on it goes away very fast. Been taking it 40mg for 30 years and still works great."

Summmerday365 October 2, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "This medicine must be made available in countries like India. Here they just don't manufacture or import it because doctors don't even consider prescribing it due to their bias against it ( created by mass propaganda by companies marketing useless SSRIs, and anti-psychotics ( read depression inducers)) . I have to import it from Canada has closed down and I shudder at the thought of this medicine being unavailable altogether in future."

Tandava (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "Parnate is the only antidepressant worth taking. "

Greg (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 3, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "Started out great lots more energy very upbeat then at around week 3 after upping the dose to 60mg day I went downhill couldn't get out of bed extremely low mood back to square 1 had high hopes for this med was very positive to be starting it I'm so disappointed now ."

Downer1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "I have kind of atypical depression This drug is the ONLY true antidepressant in the market , I have tried nearly most of ADs even the Nardil didn't work for me. Parnate works fast and and keep working as long you take it on the right dose and time , I can just stop and back on this drug smoothly without side effects ( maybe just some sleepiness after taking the pills ) it may change your life . The only bad thing about parnate that its expensive ( 2 bottles) . Food interactions are joke for me , I can eat whatever without problem, but everyone is different so follow your doctors instructions ."

d (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "Parnate was a miracle for me. I’d tried a few SSRI’s And experienced some torturous side effects, plus having to wait 6 weeks every time to see if they worked...3 days on 10 mg of parnate and I felt alive again. My body buzzed and for about a day I felt ecstatic. The dietary restrictions aren’t a problem since I’m vegan, just have to curtail the avocado lust. I did recently discover that the tablets contain gelatine however, so now I’m looking for another MAOI. It’s not the solution to all my problems, and I still need exercise, healthy eating, journaling and time in nature to avoid feeling down/anxious, but it certainly has helped more than any of the other stuff for my mood and depression. It’s a little tricky to get it prescribed in Australia, shrinks are overly cautious about the potential interactions."

Ace (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 24, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "Parnate is my favorite antidepressant. It took me from suicidal to happy in less than 48 hours."

cloudy (taken for 10 years or more) May 22, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "MAOI medication is the only type of anti-depressant which works for me. Both phenelzine and parnate have been miracle drugs for me. I was on phenelzine for 24 years and then it stopped working. I then switched to parnate. They do not cure depression, but totally change your life so that you can function and feel happy again. No other type of anti depressant has worked for me and I have tried a few. I have depression with anxiety, sometimes diagnosed as atypical depression also."

Ava (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "I am asking you to go out on a limb, and trust a complete stranger, me. Parnate works for everyone, if it isn't working, you are: 1: taking the Parnate from Par Pharmaceuticals, it doesn't work long term. The parnate you want to buy is put out by Activas Danbury, make sure the active ingredient is made in Italy, it will say on your prescription sheet. Walmart usually is willing to order it for you. 2: you are not taking enough. The theraputic dose is starts at 30mgs, most people need 50 or 60mgs."

cobby5 (taken for 10 years or more) February 21, 2018

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "After failing to get any improvement with a whole range of antidepressants (incl. TCAs and wellbutrin), I was very much looking forward to starting on Parnate. Alas, unlike other pills, that had literally zero effect, this one added some negative side effects: heartaches, high BP, tense feeling in the chest, and even a visit to a hospital after I fainted (luckily nothing life-threatening). I envy people whose condition improved though. Also not sure what to do next, as this is literally the last-ditch measure, and ketamine in my country is administered only to hospital inpatients."

alex_t (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

For Depression: "worked well for its immediate effects, did nothing noticeable in the long term."

davow (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "This is one of the few drugs that actually work for me. If you're attentive it's unlikely you'll run into trouble. If it improves life, it's worth it. We get into 2-ton things of steel and drive them around on the freeway super fast every day. Much riskier than taking parnate. I got off for a while and friends and family all insisted I stop trying new meds and remain on parnate for good. No side effects. Easy to quit for a minute when dental work and surgeries come up. Some times it feels like the market buries the best meds for some reason. Weird."

Hennessy Myre (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "A miracle drug for my depression!!!"

maiiia September 14, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "After only a few days on Parnate, my mood declined, my sex drive totally disappeared, I lost my appetite completely, and I could only sleep 4-5 hours a night. Then my blood pressure dropped and I wasn't able to stand much. I had heart palpitations after taking it. My mood was so dark, and my body so weak, that all I did I was lie in bed for 10 days. I already have problems getting out of bed but this made it feel impossible to move. It was absolutely miserable. I had to stop taking Parnate because it made me SO MUCH worse and I couldn't work, eat, sleep, laugh, nothing. The reviews on here are not a balanced representation of this drug. (I have bipolar 2 depression, social anxiety, GAD, ADHD)"

parnatefailed (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "By far the most effective med ! Start at least on 30mg a day, only side effect insomnia but has gotten better ! Been on it for 4 weeks . Combined with 40mcg of t3 (Thyroid med) as mood stabilizer. Helped so much with motivation and energy."

Depression sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "I have started this and been on it for about 3 weeks. I was originally on 30mg/day, and it has helped me so much. The only side effect I had to deal with was the upset stomach. It has helped me concentrate more on my homework, assisted me getting a new job, and just keeping myself busy. I do hate that it only stays in effect for a couple of hours, but thats usually all I need. One thing you will have to be careful of is what you eat and how you work out. I had stopped eating chocolate, and cheeses specifically due to the high tyramine level. Also, when working out I try to take the parnate after I am done working out so it doesn't effect my blood pressure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "I too, had tried all the tricyclic's, SSRI's and SNRI's along with helper drugs for anxiety and insomnia. I went on Parnate 4 years ago and it's the ONLY drug that has consistently worked at keeping my depression in check. After a depressive episode that almost killed me, the decision was made to try it. There is no "poop out". The MAOI diet everyone one freaks out over is NOT that bad - just be mindful of what you eat. Following instructions for safe use of this drug is nothing compared to the relief of clinical depression!"

Whisker72 May 2, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "I have tried all the atypicals, tryciclics, SSRI's, SNRI's, and anything else they threw at me. The ONLY DRUG that helped was Parnate. The Walgreen's sheet said it would kick in within 1-24 hours. After the first pill I thought my mind had snapped. The abrupt cessation of all pain was so intense I was stunned. It has been ten years and I am still in love with this drug."

Wordcrafter April 1, 2017

For Depression: "This worked really well for me for depression but I also have ADHD and had to stop Adderall​. I actually got low blood pressure from this with headaches and what made it normal was eating cheese and taking Adderall. Would still be taking it if I could get prescribed Adderall at the same time."

danjsul (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

For Depression: "My experience of tranylcypromine [Parnate] was very positive from the beginning. The first time I was administered 20mg I felt suddenly much better than I had for weeks. I wanted to go outside and 'see the world'. So far so good. Now comes the Kick In The Head. In the UK 30mg is the highest that they can prescribe. However I tried up to 60mg and it has been beneficial and I have come across blogs and psychiatric accounts on the web that suggest that this dose is ok in the USA That would never happen here in the UK. The guidelines stop at 30mg per day which is unacceptable in the UK especially since the price was increased to £25.00 per 28 tablets. I have had pressure applied from my GP to stop using this drug."

Eulipia February 15, 2017

For Depression: "Not long on it"

bqwefp0uhc January 27, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for Depression: "Most stable I've been in years, seem to be more in the moment, a bit more confident with people, less nervous, no feelings of depression, don't really worry so much about anything. I'm getting positive feedback from people. Not full of energy but I'm wondering whether the emotional stability I now have will facilitate my projects, I'm more consistent, perhaps likely to get waylaid by instability. It would seem that it'd be a silly idea to go off parnate. The food restrictions are irrelevant for me, why would anybody who values their body and life eat pizza and cured meats ? I'm feeling stronger, more clear about life - and how short it is. I take 40mg per day"

Jmac1 January 23, 2017

Parnate (tranylcypromine) for : "I wish they would do research into why this drug works so well. It should not be 5th line treatment as it is a very potent anti-anxiety medication that works in days not weeks. It did however, totally mess with my sleep cycle. I'm sleepy at 1PM and I don't sleep well at night (The drug makes me restless). This is the only Anti-Depressant that has helped my anxiety. I did have one bad reaction from eating slightly off chicken (Panic attack/Heart pounding). I take 30mgs daily. Important to spread dose over the day to avoid the peaks and troughs of energy levels (It seems most effective when taken all at once though)."

Robert19 November 30, 2016