User Reviews for Westhroid to treat Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal

Lara October 22, 2019

“I had been on this for many years, but the continuing shortage and inability to get this drug in Ontario is too frustrating. I have to get it prepared at a compound pharmacy and the cost is ridiculous as my insurance will not cover it (costs about $170 Cnd for a 3-month supply). I finally decided I would have to switch.”

Anonymous March 12, 2010

“I've been on a combination of Westhroid and Nature-throid due to the shortages for a couple months now. Gradually been upping the dose and FINALLY today after yesterdays increase my abdominal bloating is down! I've been afraid to "up" my dose in fear of not getting enough supply. But the bloating was so bad- none of my clothes fit -and I looked 8 months pregnant that and other non abating symptoms forced me to up one more grain and voila! Now, the other fear is will my doctor "freak" out? last labs showed low end free T's and a very suppressed TSH- which as we know makes dr's go nutty. But it does appear Westhroid is a bit easier to get. ”

graydlett October 12, 2008

“My thyroid was removed in 1990. Nothing worked well for me except Armour. Then suddenly this past year Armour was impossible to find. They're reformulating and left all of us hanging. I found out about Westhroid researching on the Internet. I've been on Westhroid for 3 months and it was only a week before I was back to normal. It is the perfect alternative to Armour while Forest Labs leaves the people relying on their product, in a lurch. ”