User Reviews for Restoril

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

Insomnia
7.5

Summary of Restoril reviews 7.5 86 reviews

Reviews for Restoril

Felecia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 17, 2020

For Insomnia "These restoril initially worked wonders for me. The third time I filled a prescription, I think they were some placebos in the pack. LOL. Seriously, some worked just fine and others were like taking water. Anyway, I love this medication! It gives me at least a solid 8+ hours of sleep. I started taking it after dealing with stress from school and it helped me a lot. I’m only able to get so many at a time so I enjoy taking one on days where I really need rest. The only side effect I have is a strange one: it makes me online shop minutes before I pass out. This has happened at least 3 times. All of a sudden, I’m getting seaweed chips delivered to my house from Amazon. Totally gross by the way. I also got super “excited” around my ex. But, I understand why that happened. LOL."

Shors · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2020

For Insomnia "I have severe sleep induced psychosis due to insomnia and wakefulness. I have been searching for a solution for sleep and I have found that at the higher dose of 30mg of restoril it helps me go to sleep and go back to sleep after waking up. It's not the best sleep but I consider it a temporary solution and I am thankful for the rest it has provided. The other thing to note about it is that it gives terrifying dreams for some people. For me I get intense lucid dreams that feel real and make me feel like I am blind in one eye before waking up but I don't mind them as much as some people."

Praying4relief March 25, 2020

For Insomnia "1st night on 15mg. Took at 9:30pm hoping to have been sleeping by 10:00pm. It's now 12:45am and still wide awake. My Dr. Said it was to be used sparingly 2-3 nights a week. Guess it only works for some people."

Lavluv February 3, 2020

For Insomnia "I’m usually very sensitive to medication side effects. Oddly enough, this RX doesn’t make me tired at all! Even 30mg. Very strange."

jungle sleepless · Taken for 10 years or more January 16, 2020

For Insomnia "I have been on a high dose of temazapam (30mg or more) now for well over 40 years. I can stop for a few days without any side effects. I have never slept for more than 2 to 3 hours at a time since I was very young. Until I was prescribed temazapam my life was miserable. Since then I am able to live an almost normal life. I dread ever hearing that this medicine was not going to be available any more. All the other new meds they develop are absolutely horrible. thank god for temazapam."

Crazy insomniac · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 4, 2019

For Insomnia "I have had what some might consider “severe” sleep issues most of my life. Like, days without sleep, and when I do sleep it’s typically no most than a couple hours. I have been through a whole slew of medication over the last 6 years or so to try and find the happy medium of getting sleep and not having to suffer the morning after “hang over”. For the last year and a half or so I have taken Temazapam in combination with Seroquil and Hydroxazine and it has worked amazingly. I recommend giving it a shot."

Lizzie · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2019

For Insomnia "I have taken Xanax for 20 years as a sleep aid and anxiety med at night. I added melatonin and then unisom (I've had insomnia most of my life and am 70 and need to SLEEP) and even with all those drugs I still am awake until 1am or 2am , but I slept. Put on temazepam 15mg today. Took 15 mg at 11pm and I am writing this at 4:52, WIDE AWAKE!!!!! Back to Xanax tomorrow!!!!"

Grateful · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 3, 2019

For Insomnia "Use twenty 7.5mg a month for insomnia from pain. Very low dose used 20 out of 30 days for years. The perfect solution. I am able to fall asleep for hours at a time on these nights. I wouldn’t want to up the dose nor increase to nightly use."

nightshifter · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

For Insomnia "I am a nurse and have been working night shift for almost 2.5 years since completing my undergrad and boards. I am 2nd in line to go back to day shift (yay!) so hopefully by 2020. As the years have gone on I have found it harder and harder to sleep during the day and I have tried everything. Was just prescribed Restoril- took 15mg 20 mins ago and feeling very sleepy. Tonight will be my 3rd shift in a row so I will post an update on how it works! Goodnight (I hope...)"

No sleep · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

For Insomnia "I started the Restoril with high hopes. For 7-8 years I’ve been taking Xanax to sleep- works like a charm. However with all opioids and drug stuff going on, doctors are trying to get everyone off of Xanax and find alternatives. After taking Resotril for a month at a small dose, I was having nightmares, waking up at 3am every morning, and was over emotional during the day, taking naps in my car on my 30 minute lunch break. My doctor upped the does to 15mg. Within a few days, my nightmares and vivid dreams got worse, and I was having extreme panic attack’s throughout the day. It has been the worst experience for me with a medication. Had to call in to work sick, trying to get it out of my system and feel normal again, also just to keep my job. I can’t be a complete spaz at my employment. The month I was taking the medication, almost cost me my job, friendships, and possibly my life."

Sooper dooper · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2019

For Insomnia "If you want to be knocked out for sleep in 20 to 30 minutes This is for you"

Jstarra May 6, 2019

For Insomnia "Although I try to avoid sleep medication, Restoril works fabulous as my "last resort" when I've been tossing and turning for hours and sleep will not come. Thankfully it's not often, usually Midnite Melatonin is my first choice if I'm not tired, If I take it and it doesn’t work then I go to the restaurant. Works every time even if I have anxiety about not sleeping."

amanita · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2019

For Insomnia "Restoril is the best sleep med I've ever taken. Going into my third year. Just because this med didn't work for one person, doesn't mean anything. We all react differently to different drugs. As for Temazepam? For me? I love it."

Hund January 29, 2019

For Insomnia "Ok I have been taking Restoril for 30 years, never bothered me at all have no bad reaction at all."

Caramel60 · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2019

For Insomnia "Excellent med!!! I'm a 7 year breast cancer survivor, and have been dealing with insomnia off and on, but lately, insomnia is terrible. I called my doctor, who called in Restoril. I have only taken for first time last night and FINALLY, I get wonderful sleep!!!!!!!!!!! A full 8 hours!!! I did not feel drugged upon awakening, and I feel very rested! The type of job I have, I need to use the "brain" and its functioning on a full 8 hours of sleep instead of 4!!!! No complaints at this point!!!"

DLJ_45 December 21, 2018

For Insomnia "Restoril has been a Godsend for me. I have suffered insomnia since age 13 and increased dramatically from physical and emotional abuse from my ex-husband. I am so thankful this medicine exists, because believe me, it has been a godsend to me. Yes, it has its side backs and risks of dependency. But what is better? No sleep and extreme anxiety for days on end, or being able to actually function? I will take the latter. I wish you all, who are suffering similar situations, the very best and we all support you in your decisions."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2018

For Insomnia "I had been on ambien for about 3 weeks, and I was still waking up every two hours. I’d fall asleep quickly but still need naps during the day from being so exhausted. My doctor switched me to Restoril 15 mg and this is my first night taking it. I’ve been up every two hours on the dot (12:24, 2:24, 4:24) since going to bed at 10, and each time I’m woken up by a horrendous nightmare about murder and death then I’m awake for 30 min to an hour afterwards. So basically I’ve gotten 4 hours of stressful sleep and had terrible dreams with it and I’m wide awake at 5 AM for no reason. If my doc says to up the dose I will try it, but even though the ambien didn’t keep me asleep the sleep was still more refreshing than Restoril."

Stu · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 6, 2018

For Insomnia "30 mg Worked great first time I took it and every time I have needed since. Sleepy within 30 min and get a solid 8-10 hours sleep and wake up feeling amazing. Great stuff zero side effects - except losing weight."

Chais18 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2018

For Insomnia "Restoril is the only medication that worked for me. I have other conditions besides insomnia but I get a good nights sleep."

Leanna · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 15, 2018

For Insomnia "I suffered from insomnia for 6 years. Doctors prescribed every drug known to man, nothing worked. Restoril is the only thing that has helped me. I'm aware it has side effects, but it also has given me my life back."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2018

For Insomnia "This medicine does NOT work! I took 30 mg plus my Serequil AND 35 mg of Melatonin. It took 3 hours to kick in and when it did, I only slept for an hour and a half. This is ridiculous! DO NOT take this medicine!!!! I can't say enough."

Magster · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2018

For Insomnia "I'm updating my review below from March 2. It's now April 21 2018. I'm 45 yr old female that was always a light sleeper but good sleeper until 2 yrs ago with physical symptoms that would wake or keep me up. I've taken 1-2 per week in conjunction with Advil PM on other nights (works!) and nothing 1-2 nights per week. I like Restoril. I take 15 mg. It absolutely helps. I have preexisting tinnitus for over a year and when I sleep it quiets it down a bit. I take it when I can sleep in and have no major plans before noon. This is a great supplemental drug that I will not take 2 days in a row. But once a week - maybe twice at the most."

Prickly pear March 2, 2018

For Insomnia "I’m a 45 yr old female. Have been having insomnia for 2 years due to What I think are MS type symptoms. Physically so uncomfortable. I hate drugs and refuse them. I’ve been sitting on this bottle for months. Last night I gave the 15 mg a try. I actually spilled out a little from the capsule. So maybe it was 10mg. Ummmm I slept. Like I haven’t for years! Dreams! Like going wayyyy back type dreams. Slept 7-9 hrs. Woke up feeling so so. I’m sick now and have been having major daily fatigue for 6 months so didn’t wake up perky. Then I felt a bit nauseous at lunch Then I started feeling very very very agitated. Like uncontrolled. I will save this bottle and try again when I’m over this virus. And see if I feel the same anger over nothing. I know it’s not much of a review. But man did I SLEEP! The instructions on my bottle is As Needed. So it’s not to be a daily thing. Back to magnesium spray. "

Fefe February 23, 2018

For Insomnia "Since starting law school, I developed terrible anxiety. I never struggled with anxiety before, so this was all new to me. Eventually, the anxiety turned into anxiety AND insomnia. Long story short: my doctor knew it was anxiety causing the insomnia. She went through the same ordeal in medical school. She prescribed me Restoril, and voila! Sleep. Initially, the pill took 2 hours to put me to sleep, so I’d take it around 8 p.m. I didn’t have a problem with that since I knew to take it early. However, now I start feeling sleepy in less than an hour. My favorite thing about this medication is that I never wake up groggy. I rarely wake up sleepy and this is huge for me because I’ve awakened sleepy my entire life. I’m only on a short term dosage, but I am going to talk to my doctor about taking this medication the duration of my schooling. It really allows me to just rest instead of being anxious all night with no side effects!"

FG411 January 16, 2018

For Insomnia "I have in the last taken, Sonata, Lunesta, now Restoril. Restoril is the least effective of the drug I have taken. I take it when I get in bed and I never fall asleep. It is as if I have not taken anything. Doubling the dose makes no difference. With Sonata I would take 2 and fall asleep for at most 3 hours. Lunesta works great at its highest dose but I tend to sleep too long on it (more than 8 hours at times). Restoril just does not work for me at all. As with anything, these drugs react differently with different people. I have not tried Ambien."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)