User Reviews for Restoril

Learn more about Restoril.

Insomnia 52 reviews 110 medications

7.4
Summary of Restoril reviews 52 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Restoril

For Insomnia "This medicine helps me relax won't feel drowsy at all the next day or feel honesty rested the next day"

Rosemary 3000 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2016

For Insomnia "The people who are rating this medication lower than an 8 aren't taking it properly. This is an amazing medication when taken properly. You really have to take this medication AT YOUR BEDTIME. You cannot take it and then expect to get a good nights sleep while watching tv, going through Facebook on your phone for 2 hours or any other activity like that, you need to take it literally right before you plan to go to bed. Temazepam 22.5mg has worked wonders for my insomnia it has helped me to regain a good nights sleep which I was no longer experiencing anymore."

Jeff5987 August 12, 2016

For Insomnia "I was given a prescription of 30mg Restoril by my GP doctor to help combat recurring bouts of insomnia. While it did nothing to help me fall asleep, it did help me in a couple of other ways. I frequently suffer from tension headaches and noticed after 15 minutes of my first dose the headache was completely eradicated which lead me to believe that it does well as a muscle relaxer . Another property of the drug which I found helpful was a significant decrease in anxiety and made me more comfortable in social situations . I never felt "high" just an increased desire to interact with my fellow peers. So while I can't give it a glowing review for the reason it was prescribed, other effects outweighed the uselessness of the intended treatment."

Jaime Hart (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2016

For Insomnia "Takes at least 1/2 hour to begin having any effect. Effect lasts only about 2 hours."

John28 April 26, 2016

For Insomnia "my bp goes up when i lay down giving me insomiia. This med helps me go to sleep but not stay asleep and I sometimes have vivid dreams on this med but I still think its worth a try.Iit does provide a relaxing feeling"

jason elliott41 April 16, 2016

For Insomnia "This works wonders for my insomia! Initially, Ambien was prescribed to me but it gave me the worst headache. With Restoril, I get at least 6 hours of sleep."

Ceeeeebeeeee March 29, 2016

For Insomnia "Tried ambien, Ativan ...then dr prescribed restoril. Scared at first to take it. On it over a year now, works just fine. Helps me sleep through hot flashes, Graves Disease symptoms, husbands snoring even. I take with 5 mg melatonin on EMPTY stomach, at least 2 hours after any food or it doesn't work. It's been such a relief for me to get my sleep."

Gravester February 4, 2016

For Insomnia "I have been on temazepam for years due to chronic insomnia and it does not give me a good night's sleep. I've tried Ambien, Benadryl, and melatonin, which don't work at all. I am getting frustrated with the temazepam because I don't sleep a full night and wake up after sleeping 2 hours, then doze off for another 1 1/2 or 2 hours at a time before I finally just get up. The doctor upped my temazepam dose to 30 mg a night, but it did nothing different, so I am just taking 15 mg. She is not very interested in looking at other options, but I am going to discuss these other medications with her. I am SO tired! I also am going to take a "sleep" class, which should be interesting."

Mimi23kids January 27, 2016

For Insomnia "I feel like I've been on very sleeping aid option to treat insomnia. With no success of anything I've tried my doctor prescribed Restoril. FINALLY something worked! I get a full 8 hours of sleep. My doctor also prescribed me Paxil on top of my regular Abilify for depression and anxiety, because I started to have anxiety before going to bed out of fear of not being able to sleep. So the drug combo has worked a miracle for me. I build up tolerances to medication very quickly, so now we'll see how long I last on Restoril. But I'm praying that it continues to work for me. I highly recommend Restoril."

JayDale1611 (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2015

For Insomnia "only gives me 4-6 hrs. of sleep per night. Was hoping for 7-8. Take 15 mg. with 10 mg. Melatonin and .25 mg. Xanax at bedtime"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

For Insomnia "Temazapam is the only med that treats my insomnia. I have tried every non benzo on the market, and have been in numerous sleep studies. I sometimes go 3-4 days with the average sleep of those days being 1-2 hours total. I was prescribed 40mg temazapam and can get a solid 8 hours of sleep. I cycle it seven days at a time to reset my sleep cycles as needed."

I hate math July 15, 2015

For Insomnia "The 15 mg did nothing for me. Doc increased it to 30. I take on an empty stomach because that's the only way it hits me. Yes there are vivid dreams but after 43 years of never feeling I got to the dream stage I love the dreams! I've been on ambien. Another good one but only lasts a couple hours. This should keep you sleeping all night. I do notice a little irrability first thing in a.am but within an hour I'm fine. I've also been on sonata, Lunesta and belsomra that did nothing for me. This drug won't knock you out. You just feel that heavy eyes feeling. High recommend!"

Best insomnia aid I've found s (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2015

For Insomnia "My greatest mistake with Restoril 30mg was taking the medication prior to my sleep cycle. Because I was so deprived of sleep, I took the medication at 9pm which is approximately 2 hours before my bedtime. "At bedtime" refers to an individual's bedtime; therefore, I was awake all night! This medication must be taken specifically and shortly before an individual's bedtime. Silly me. My physician explained why I did not sleep that evening and gave me at full description of sleep cycle which changed a sleepless night into a somewhat sleep full night; about 4-5 hours."

Giovannina (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015

For Insomnia "Due to major anxiety and stress can't sleep before 6-7:30am was put on anti-anxiety pill and Restoril today. The anti-anxiety pill kicked in fast and made me kinda drowsy but the Restoril 30mg I just took 45 min ago doesn't seem to be kicking in. Should I take another? I do drink ale here and there but that should increase my effect not stop it right? Maybe I should get used to Vampire hours!! This sucks lol"

Feel like a vampire! (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

For Insomnia "Tried ambien but it lost it effect around 10 months. Lunesta tasted like I sucked on a roll of pennies all night. Trazodone just wasn't really effective. I take 30mg of restoril about 20 mins before I need to be in bed. Otherwise I've awaken in different parts of house. I also take a .75mg give or take .25mg of Xanax as a kicker. I would have problems staying asleep. Sometimes no more sleep that night sometimes the crappy toss n turn sleep till you get mad n get up. Then drag ass all day. Occasionally I still get one of those nights but they are once in a long while. It works for me and I recommend (but does not for a friend) If you've tried the others give it a try it's cheap nothing to loose."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2015

For Insomnia "I have suffered from complex insomnia (trouble falling asleep as well as trouble staying asleep), secondary to severe major depressive disorder, for many years. I have lost count of the sleep meds that worked for a while until I developed a tolerance. I have walked a tightrope between meds that don't help at all and those that make me sleep all day. My current solution is a combination of temazepam to help me fall asleep and Seroquel to help me stay asleep. It's the result of a lot of trial and error, and it is regulating my sleep better than anything I have ever experienced. Now if can just avoid building up a tolerance..."

jeffreydbrown (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2014

For Insomnia "Been on numerous sleeping aids for years. After a while they don't always work. At present I'm on 30mg-Temazepam. It takes 2 hrs. for it to work on me. After 2 1/2 hrs and still haven't fallen asleep I have to take some over the counter medicine with it. Been on Ambien and Lunesta prior. Don't know what else to do."

b2g1947 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 15, 2014

For Insomnia "It helps you fall asleep. But does not help you stay asleep. I wake up at 3:00 every morning. It is very frustrating. I am on 15 mg."

Clc 46 December 15, 2014

For Insomnia "Been not sleeping for over 10 months now. Usually over the years just a week at a time. This time up 3-4 times a night. About 4 hours of sleep. Started Restoril last night. Slept straight through. Yeay"

ronil1623sue November 23, 2014

For Insomnia "I took 15mg when 1st prescribed the medication, it did nothing. The 2nd night I tried 30mg, it worked, but the 3rd night I tried 30....still up, I took another 15mg. Hope to feel sleepy soon."

Sleep deprived August 11, 2014

For Insomnia "False awakening dreams, night mares, vivid dreams, reduced effectiveness over time."

Ben_Reu (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2014

For Insomnia "This is the best sleeping pill I've ever tried. 30 years now, and still no tolerance issues. I wake up refreshed, no hangover, unlike all the other sleeping pills, as temazepam is very mild, yet it keeps you asleep. I take 15 or 30 mg, depending how I feel. I have tried Halcion and Dalmane, which weren't very effective. I also tried Ambien in the mid 90s and had horrible sleepwalking episodes. This has never happened with Restoril."

fn January 21, 2014

196 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "For months been having severe insomnia. Waking 3 or 4 times during the night, never getting more than 4 hours of sleep. Twice in the span of a week and a half no sleep at all. Always feeling tired but not drowsy. I was given prescription for 10.-15mg of Restoril by an ER doctor. Took half a dose one afternoon and slept for 3 hours. Took the other half that early evening and knocked out after 20 minutes and slept for 6 hours. No side effects. Feeling better. "

slumber 52 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "Usally works within 15 mins"

jdpi (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2013

For Insomnia "Restoril has been great. I sleep 6 hours and wake up feeling refreshed, no hangover effects. I took trazodone, Ambien, and Lunesta before. None have been as effective. I have very few nights where I struggle getting to sleep on 15mg."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next