User Reviews for Restoril

Insomnia
7.2

Reviews for Restoril

Jenny March 18, 2021

For Insomnia: “This stuff is absolutely worthless. I took TWO of them (30 mg) in desperation when I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. It is now 3:20 a.m and I am still wide awake. I don't dare mix anything else with it but this medicine wouldn't help a squirrel to snooze. Don't even bother.”

Mark January 1, 2021

For Insomnia: “It relaxes me but not really put me to sleep”

RW · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 30, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have chronic long term sleep issues and 30mg Restoril (temazepam) works great. I fall asleep quickly & don’t have that groggy feeling in the morning. I’m able to quickly get back to sleep if I wake up. IF I get the generic (temazepam) - I never know if it will or won’t work. The brand our local Walgreens carries does nothing at all for me. Also the pharmacies here told me they have no control over which generic brand they get when they order. So yes the pills can be different from month to month! I have found there are too many different manufacturers of sub standard generics-few of which have the same ingredients as the name brand Restoril. If you want to know how well something works you need to try the “Original”and check the ingredients so if you get a generic you can compare them, not all are equal-quality does matter! I had to appeal my prior authorization denial and I was able to get the name brand-so happy I now have a medication that works consistently!”

jungle sleepless · Taken for 10 years or more January 16, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have been on a high dose of temazapam (30mg or more) now for well over 40 years. I can stop for a few days without any side effects. I have never slept for more than 2 to 3 hours at a time since I was very young. Until I was prescribed temazapam my life was miserable. Since then I am able to live an almost normal life. I dread ever hearing that this medicine was not going to be available any more. All the other new meds they develop are absolutely horrible. thank god for temazapam.”

Felecia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 17, 2020

For Insomnia: “These restoril initially worked wonders for me. The third time I filled a prescription, I think they were some placebos in the pack. LOL. Seriously, some worked just fine and others were like taking water. Anyway, I love this medication! It gives me at least a solid 8+ hours of sleep. I started taking it after dealing with stress from school and it helped me a lot. I’m only able to get so many at a time so I enjoy taking one on days where I really need rest. The only side effect I have is a strange one: it makes me online shop minutes before I pass out. This has happened at least 3 times. All of a sudden, I’m getting seaweed chips delivered to my house from Amazon. Totally gross by the way. I also got super “excited” around my ex. But, I understand why that happened. LOL.”

fn January 21, 2014

For Insomnia: “This is the best sleeping pill I've ever tried. 30 years now, and still no tolerance issues. I wake up refreshed, no hangover, unlike all the other sleeping pills, as temazepam is very mild, yet it keeps you asleep. I take 15 or 30 mg, depending how I feel. I have tried Halcion and Dalmane, which weren't very effective. I also tried Ambien in the mid 90s and had horrible sleepwalking episodes. This has never happened with Restoril.”

ducky69 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 18, 2017

For Insomnia: “Started taking Temazepam when my parents were sick. I have had chronic insomnia for 20 years before resorting to asking the doctor for some help, as I was taking extremely high doses of Gravol/Dramamine and was lucky to fall asleep at 5 am only to have to get up at 6 am. Started with some blue pill that left a horrible aftertaste, then Ativan but that didn't work. Finally started with Temazepam at night. Take it a couple hours before bed, and then fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. I will never come off this drug, I couldn't possibly return to crippling insomnia.”

Jeff5987 August 12, 2016

For Insomnia: “The people who are rating this medication lower than an 8 aren't taking it properly. This is an amazing medication when taken properly. You really have to take this medication AT YOUR BEDTIME. You cannot take it and then expect to get a good nights sleep while watching tv, going through Facebook on your phone for 2 hours or any other activity like that, you need to take it literally right before you plan to go to bed. Temazepam 22.5mg has worked wonders for my insomnia it has helped me to regain a good nights sleep which I was no longer experiencing anymore.”

amanita · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2019

For Insomnia: “Restoril is the best sleep med I've ever taken. Going into my third year. Just because this med didn't work for one person, doesn't mean anything. We all react differently to different drugs. As for Temazepam? For me? I love it.”

DLJ_45 December 21, 2018

For Insomnia: “Restoril has been a Godsend for me. I have suffered insomnia since age 13 and increased dramatically from physical and emotional abuse from my ex-husband. I am so thankful this medicine exists, because believe me, it has been a godsend to me. Yes, it has its side backs and risks of dependency. But what is better? No sleep and extreme anxiety for days on end, or being able to actually function? I will take the latter. I wish you all, who are suffering similar situations, the very best and we all support you in your decisions.”

Praying4relief March 25, 2020

For Insomnia: “1st night on 15mg. Took at 9:30pm hoping to have been sleeping by 10:00pm. It's now 12:45am and still wide awake. My Dr. Said it was to be used sparingly 2-3 nights a week. Guess it only works for some people.”

Gravester February 4, 2016

For Insomnia: “Tried ambien, Ativan ...then dr prescribed restoril. Scared at first to take it. On it over a year now, works just fine. Helps me sleep through hot flashes, Graves Disease symptoms, husbands snoring even. I take with 5 mg melatonin on EMPTY stomach, at least 2 hours after any food or it doesn't work. It's been such a relief for me to get my sleep.”

ggorgeousgabb November 14, 2016

For Insomnia: “I typically take 30MG and it gets to work in about 2hrs and once I'm asleep I might wake up but it's easy-to-use go back to sleep. When I take it I feel like a receive a well rested 4 to 6 hrs of sleep. I wake up not at all drowsy. But refreshed and ready to take on the world.”

Markesha · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 14, 2013

For Insomnia: “Restoril really helped me sleep. Sleeplessness was the cause of fibromyalgia for me and my rheumatologist prescribed it and I was able to sleep and deal with physical pain. What he did not tell me at all was the potential dangers of it. DO NOT drink and take it. You could die because it can cause your respiratory system to shut down. If you have taken it a long time, DO NOT wean yourself off abruptly. You could have seizures. I am being slowly weaned off of it by a doctor who is alternating dosages from 15 mg. to 30 mg. per night. I plan on giving myself plenty of time to get off of it. Be careful which medicines you use with it such as anti-inflammatories. They can increase the effects of the medicine without your expecting it.”

slumber 52 · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2013

For Insomnia: “For months been having severe insomnia. Waking 3 or 4 times during the night, never getting more than 4 hours of sleep. Twice in the span of a week and a half no sleep at all. Always feeling tired but not drowsy. I was given prescription for 10.-15mg of Restoril by an ER doctor. Took half a dose one afternoon and slept for 3 hours. Took the other half that early evening and knocked out after 20 minutes and slept for 6 hours. No side effects. Feeling better. ”

Best insomnia aid I've found s · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 30, 2015

For Insomnia: “The 15 mg did nothing for me. Doc increased it to 30. I take on an empty stomach because that's the only way it hits me. Yes there are vivid dreams but after 43 years of never feeling I got to the dream stage I love the dreams! I've been on ambien. Another good one but only lasts a couple hours. This should keep you sleeping all night. I do notice a little irrability first thing in a.am but within an hour I'm fine. I've also been on sonata, Lunesta and belsomra that did nothing for me. This drug won't knock you out. You just feel that heavy eyes feeling. High recommend!”

Crazy insomniac · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 4, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have had what some might consider “severe” sleep issues most of my life. Like, days without sleep, and when I do sleep it’s typically no most than a couple hours. I have been through a whole slew of medication over the last 6 years or so to try and find the happy medium of getting sleep and not having to suffer the morning after “hang over”. For the last year and a half or so I have taken Temazapam in combination with Seroquil and Hydroxazine and it has worked amazingly. I recommend giving it a shot.”

nightshifter · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

For Insomnia: “I am a nurse and have been working night shift for almost 2.5 years since completing my undergrad and boards. I am 2nd in line to go back to day shift (yay!) so hopefully by 2020. As the years have gone on I have found it harder and harder to sleep during the day and I have tried everything. Was just prescribed Restoril- took 15mg 20 mins ago and feeling very sleepy. Tonight will be my 3rd shift in a row so I will post an update on how it works! Goodnight (I hope...)”

Caramel60 · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2019

For Insomnia: “Excellent med!!! I'm a 7 year breast cancer survivor, and have been dealing with insomnia off and on, but lately, insomnia is terrible. I called my doctor, who called in Restoril. I have only taken for first time last night and FINALLY, I get wonderful sleep!!!!!!!!!!! A full 8 hours!!! I did not feel drugged upon awakening, and I feel very rested! The type of job I have, I need to use the "brain" and its functioning on a full 8 hours of sleep instead of 4!!!! No complaints at this point!!!”

JayDale1611 · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2015

For Insomnia: “I feel like I've been on very sleeping aid option to treat insomnia. With no success of anything I've tried my doctor prescribed Restoril. FINALLY something worked! I get a full 8 hours of sleep. My doctor also prescribed me Paxil on top of my regular Abilify for depression and anxiety, because I started to have anxiety before going to bed out of fear of not being able to sleep. So the drug combo has worked a miracle for me. I build up tolerances to medication very quickly, so now we'll see how long I last on Restoril. But I'm praying that it continues to work for me. I highly recommend Restoril.”

I hate math July 15, 2015

For Insomnia: “Temazapam is the only med that treats my insomnia. I have tried every non benzo on the market, and have been in numerous sleep studies. I sometimes go 3-4 days with the average sleep of those days being 1-2 hours total. I was prescribed 40mg temazapam and can get a solid 8 hours of sleep. I cycle it seven days at a time to reset my sleep cycles as needed.”

Stu · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 6, 2018

For Insomnia: “30 mg Worked great first time I took it and every time I have needed since. Sleepy within 30 min and get a solid 8-10 hours sleep and wake up feeling amazing. Great stuff zero side effects - except losing weight.”

Anonymous June 8, 2009

For Insomnia: “The first time I took Restoril was the longest I've slept in over 20 years. I truly cannot remember ever sleeping 7 hours at one time. I have been taking Restoril for over 3 years now and I can usually count on 5 hours of sleep. The only side effects that I have noticed are forgetfulness and sometimes balance.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2013

For Insomnia: “Restoril has been great. I sleep 6 hours and wake up feeling refreshed, no hangover effects. I took trazodone, Ambien, and Lunesta before. None have been as effective. I have very few nights where I struggle getting to sleep on 15mg.”

jeffreydbrown · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 20, 2014

For Insomnia: “I have suffered from complex insomnia (trouble falling asleep as well as trouble staying asleep), secondary to severe major depressive disorder, for many years. I have lost count of the sleep meds that worked for a while until I developed a tolerance. I have walked a tightrope between meds that don't help at all and those that make me sleep all day. My current solution is a combination of temazepam to help me fall asleep and Seroquel to help me stay asleep. It's the result of a lot of trial and error, and it is regulating my sleep better than anything I have ever experienced. Now if can just avoid building up a tolerance...”

Jaime Hart · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2016

For Insomnia: “I was given a prescription of 30mg Restoril by my GP doctor to help combat recurring bouts of insomnia. While it did nothing to help me fall asleep, it did help me in a couple of other ways. I frequently suffer from tension headaches and noticed after 15 minutes of my first dose the headache was completely eradicated which lead me to believe that it does well as a muscle relaxer . Another property of the drug which I found helpful was a significant decrease in anxiety and made me more comfortable in social situations . I never felt "high" just an increased desire to interact with my fellow peers. So while I can't give it a glowing review for the reason it was prescribed, other effects outweighed the uselessness of the intended treatment.”

Shors · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have severe sleep induced psychosis due to insomnia and wakefulness. I have been searching for a solution for sleep and I have found that at the higher dose of 30mg of restoril it helps me go to sleep and go back to sleep after waking up. It's not the best sleep but I consider it a temporary solution and I am thankful for the rest it has provided. The other thing to note about it is that it gives terrifying dreams for some people. For me I get intense lucid dreams that feel real and make me feel like I am blind in one eye before waking up but I don't mind them as much as some people.”

36 yr old female · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 15, 2013

For Insomnia: “I have taken 30mg for several years now. Worked well at first. Slept well with only slight sleepy "hangover". As time went by less and less effective. Before bed I curently take 30mg Restoril, an antidepressant that is supposed to make me tired (Lamictal), 0.5mg clonazepam or 5mg Valium, and 2 Benadryl and I still lay in bed awake for 2 or 4 hours before falling asleep. Sometimes I have to call in sick to work because it is 4 am and I haven't fallen asleep yet and know I can't get up in 2 hours and function for work. Restoril is great for about a year but I would plan on switching to something else after that!”