User Reviews for Restoril

Insomnia
7.5

Summary of Restoril reviews 7.5 75 reviews

Reviews for Restoril

For Insomnia "Although I try to avoid sleep medication, Restoril works fabulous as my "last resort" when I've been tossing and turning for hours and sleep will not come. Thankfully it's not often, usually Midnite Melatonin is my first choice if I'm not tired, If I take it and it doesn’t work then I go to the restaurant. Works every time even if I have anxiety about not sleeping."

Jstarra May 6, 2019

For Insomnia "Restoril is the best sleep med I've ever taken. Going into my third year. Just because this med didn't work for one person, doesn't mean anything. We all react differently to different drugs. As for Temazepam? For me? I love it."

amanita (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2019

For Insomnia "Ok I have been taking Restoril for 30 years, never bothered me at all have no bad reaction at all."

Hund January 29, 2019

For Insomnia "Excellent med!!! I'm a 7 year breast cancer survivor, and have been dealing with insomnia off and on, but lately, insomnia is terrible. I called my doctor, who called in Restoril. I have only taken for first time last night and FINALLY, I get wonderful sleep!!!!!!!!!!! A full 8 hours!!! I did not feel drugged upon awakening, and I feel very rested! The type of job I have, I need to use the "brain" and its functioning on a full 8 hours of sleep instead of 4!!!! No complaints at this point!!!"

Caramel60 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

For Insomnia "Restoril has been a Godsend for me. I have suffered insomnia since age 13 and increased dramatically from physical and emotional abuse from my ex-husband. I am so thankful this medicine exists, because believe me, it has been a godsend to me. Yes, it has its side backs and risks of dependency. But what is better? No sleep and extreme anxiety for days on end, or being able to actually function? I will take the latter. I wish you all, who are suffering similar situations, the very best and we all support you in your decisions."

DLJ_45 December 21, 2018

For Insomnia "I had been on ambien for about 3 weeks, and I was still waking up every two hours. I’d fall asleep quickly but still need naps during the day from being so exhausted. My doctor switched me to Restoril 15 mg and this is my first night taking it. I’ve been up every two hours on the dot (12:24, 2:24, 4:24) since going to bed at 10, and each time I’m woken up by a horrendous nightmare about murder and death then I’m awake for 30 min to an hour afterwards. So basically I’ve gotten 4 hours of stressful sleep and had terrible dreams with it and I’m wide awake at 5 AM for no reason. If my doc says to up the dose I will try it, but even though the ambien didn’t keep me asleep the sleep was still more refreshing than Restoril."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Insomnia "30 mg Worked great first time I took it and every time I have needed since. Sleepy within 30 min and get a solid 8-10 hours sleep and wake up feeling amazing. Great stuff zero side effects - except losing weight."

Stu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2018

For Insomnia "Restoril is the only medication that worked for me. I have other conditions besides insomnia but I get a good nights sleep."

Chais18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

For Insomnia "I suffered from insomnia for 6 years. Doctors prescribed every drug known to man, nothing worked. Restoril is the only thing that has helped me. I'm aware it has side effects, but it also has given me my life back."

Leanna (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2018

For Insomnia "This medicine does NOT work! I took 30 mg plus my Serequil AND 35 mg of Melatonin. It took 3 hours to kick in and when it did, I only slept for an hour and a half. This is ridiculous! DO NOT take this medicine!!!! I can't say enough."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Insomnia "I'm updating my review below from March 2. It's now April 21 2018. I'm 45 yr old female that was always a light sleeper but good sleeper until 2 yrs ago with physical symptoms that would wake or keep me up. I've taken 1-2 per week in conjunction with Advil PM on other nights (works!) and nothing 1-2 nights per week. I like Restoril. I take 15 mg. It absolutely helps. I have preexisting tinnitus for over a year and when I sleep it quiets it down a bit. I take it when I can sleep in and have no major plans before noon. This is a great supplemental drug that I will not take 2 days in a row. But once a week - maybe twice at the most."

Magster (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Insomnia "I’m a 45 yr old female. Have been having insomnia for 2 years due to What I think are MS type symptoms. Physically so uncomfortable. I hate drugs and refuse them. I’ve been sitting on this bottle for months. Last night I gave the 15 mg a try. I actually spilled out a little from the capsule. So maybe it was 10mg. Ummmm I slept. Like I haven’t for years! Dreams! Like going wayyyy back type dreams. Slept 7-9 hrs. Woke up feeling so so. I’m sick now and have been having major daily fatigue for 6 months so didn’t wake up perky. Then I felt a bit nauseous at lunch Then I started feeling very very very agitated. Like uncontrolled. I will save this bottle and try again when I’m over this virus. And see if I feel the same anger over nothing. I know it’s not much of a review. But man did I SLEEP! The instructions on my bottle is As Needed. So it’s not to be a daily thing. Back to magnesium spray. "

Prickly pear March 2, 2018

For Insomnia "Since starting law school, I developed terrible anxiety. I never struggled with anxiety before, so this was all new to me. Eventually, the anxiety turned into anxiety AND insomnia. Long story short: my doctor knew it was anxiety causing the insomnia. She went through the same ordeal in medical school. She prescribed me Restoril, and voila! Sleep. Initially, the pill took 2 hours to put me to sleep, so I’d take it around 8 p.m. I didn’t have a problem with that since I knew to take it early. However, now I start feeling sleepy in less than an hour. My favorite thing about this medication is that I never wake up groggy. I rarely wake up sleepy and this is huge for me because I’ve awakened sleepy my entire life. I’m only on a short term dosage, but I am going to talk to my doctor about taking this medication the duration of my schooling. It really allows me to just rest instead of being anxious all night with no side effects!"

Fefe February 23, 2018

For Insomnia "I have in the last taken, Sonata, Lunesta, now Restoril. Restoril is the least effective of the drug I have taken. I take it when I get in bed and I never fall asleep. It is as if I have not taken anything. Doubling the dose makes no difference. With Sonata I would take 2 and fall asleep for at most 3 hours. Lunesta works great at its highest dose but I tend to sleep too long on it (more than 8 hours at times). Restoril just does not work for me at all. As with anything, these drugs react differently with different people. I have not tried Ambien."

FG411 January 16, 2018

For Insomnia "First I tried Ambien, loved it! But after a week or so I started having a reaction of itching so they stopped it. Then on to Lunesta it gave me a headache every morning but it did make me sleep. They stopped it. Then on to Temazapam 30 mg. It works within 1-2 hours. I sleep good for 6-8 hrs. Usually, sometimes I still will have trouble falling asleep or waking in the night but it's not every night so it's an improvement!"

Sleepless in Arkansas (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

For Insomnia "I took this medicine for the first time last night I had been using Seroquel but I had so many side effects that I had to stop using it. Although it was the first night I used it I could only sleep for two hours at a time after waking up several times I am finally wide-awake at 3:20 in the morning I ended up taking klonapin because I have a very busy day at work and I need my sleep I was on 15 mg of restoril. I will call my doctor this morning and see if she determines I need a higher dose"

Risam (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

For Insomnia "Started taking Temazepam when my parents were sick. I have had chronic insomnia for 20 years before resorting to asking the doctor for some help, as I was taking extremely high doses of Gravol/Dramamine and was lucky to fall asleep at 5 am only to have to get up at 6 am. Started with some blue pill that left a horrible aftertaste, then Ativan but that didn't work. Finally started with Temazepam at night. Take it a couple hours before bed, and then fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. I will never come off this drug, I couldn't possibly return to crippling insomnia."

ducky69 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2017

For Insomnia "Worked for me and I can NEVER sleep. Only downfall is it takes so long to kick in. Woke up 7 hours later feeling fine."

Sleepless in MI83 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

For Insomnia "As a chronic insomniac I have trouble not only getting to sleep but staying asleep. Temazepam works wonderfully: 7-8 hours of blissful sleep. There are no side-effects that I have noticed."

Irate computer user (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2016

For Insomnia "Restiril for sleep"

skdmark (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

For Insomnia "I typically take 30MG and it gets to work in about 2hrs and once I'm asleep I might wake up but it's easy-to-use go back to sleep. When I take it I feel like a receive a well rested 4 to 6 hrs of sleep. I wake up not at all drowsy. But refreshed and ready to take on the world."

ggorgeousgabb November 14, 2016

For Insomnia "30 milligrams worked like a charm for three months in addition to medicine I take for depression bipolar and anxiety all mixed together I slept however I needed to up my dose of 60 milligrams forward to continue to work which it also did like a charm for 3 more months that is 6 months I'm sleeping after 2 years of extreme insomnia which had basically destroyed my life I am up and running however...... I had a doctor's appointment today because I have been getting restless sleep I wanted to go to 30 milligrams Restoril and 10 milligrams of Valium as this has worked in the past however my doctor was not there and I am scared that I may not sleep so well or take extra medicine to sleep that's my experience"

whatsupsky November 2, 2016

For Insomnia "Great medication!"

Amanda L Dupree (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2016

For Insomnia "This medicine helps me relax won't feel drowsy at all the next day or feel honesty rested the next day"

Rosemary 3000 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2016

For Insomnia "The people who are rating this medication lower than an 8 aren't taking it properly. This is an amazing medication when taken properly. You really have to take this medication AT YOUR BEDTIME. You cannot take it and then expect to get a good nights sleep while watching tv, going through Facebook on your phone for 2 hours or any other activity like that, you need to take it literally right before you plan to go to bed. Temazepam 22.5mg has worked wonders for my insomnia it has helped me to regain a good nights sleep which I was no longer experiencing anymore."

Jeff5987 August 12, 2016