User Reviews for Durolane to treat Osteoarthritis

Durolane has an average rating of 3.8 out of 10 from a total of 114 ratings for the treatment of Osteoarthritis. 28% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 65% reported a negative effect.

Durolane Rating Summary

3.8/10 average rating

Compare all 182 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Durolane

Dawn · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2021

“Received Monovisc injections in the past and they worked well. My insurance company no longer covers it, and now only covers Durolane. Had both knees injected 8 weeks ago. Severe pain for 2 days after, and although the severity isn’t as bad, I still have bad knee pain. It essentially has done nothing. Very disappointed.”

Alan · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2021

“I have had pain in my knee for over 2 years. I had the injection and the relief was instant. After 2 days I have no pain. I will monitor over next 3 months as I require a further injection in my other knee. First up very impressed.”

Tammyk July 12, 2021

“I am 52 years old for the last four years unable to walk around Walmart without a cart. I couldn’t enjoy amusement parks. Or water parks with my grandkids. My doctor recommended the Durolane injection for both my knee. I wouldn’t wish the injection on my worst enemy I walked into the doctors office and had to walk out holding onto a wheelchair it’s been several days and both knees are in more pain than ever. I do not recommend the injection. I took the injection to avoid knee replacement because I was told I was too young. Which was fine because I’m terrified of an ear replacement surgery and now I can’t walk which makes me terrified to.From Lima Ohio”

Susie · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2020

“I had an injection of Durolane on Sept. 2, 2020 and it is Nov. 8, 2020 now. (2 months, 6 days) I am in horrible pain and can not stand the pain when I stand up, cannot rest at night because of so much pain. I have taken low dosages of Prednisone and taking Tylenol and get hardly any relief. I cannot take any pain medicine other than Tylenol. Will this pain go away eventually? What has others found that caused this to happen and what have they done to get help. I have seen an orthopedic and he does not seem to know what to do and does not understand what has happened. Please anyone, can you give me any encouragement? I am desperate...”

Terrible Drug · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2021

“This year my insurance changed and decided I no longer needed the synvisc-one injections that I had been getting for the past 3 years. They would only approve Durolane. I had never tried it and and assumed it was an equivalent to the other. Boy was I wrong!! I wish I had done my research before getting it. I received the injection in my right knee and immediately was overcome by excruciating pain that radiated throughout my whole leg. I was in so much pain and it would NOT stop. My knee instantly swelled and ceased up. After an hour of sitting in the Dr.'s office, I had to get my husband to come pick me up from the appointment. I couldn't even get my clothes back on. I could not put weight on that knee for a week. The pain is worse now than before the injection. I do NOT recommend this drug.”

Dee42444 June 6, 2021

“I would not recommend this drug to my worst enemy. I had slight pain and periodically had the Hyaluronic doses administered in 3 separate doses. Although I request this again, they said it was better to get the Durolane which s one quick dose. As a result of getting this injection, they pain from it was excruciating. It never left, waking me every night with severe pain. My mobility is worse now. I cannot say anything positive about this drug! I would rate it as a 0 on a scale of 1-10 with the 10 being the most effective.”

Jen March 31, 2021

“Got the injection in my left knee (has Patellar Chondromalacia) yesterday around 11:00, was fine until the Lidocaine wore off. I haven’t been able to walk since yesterday at around 3pm. Really wish I had researched and seen these reviews, I would’ve NEVER gotten the injection. I’m also an Emergency Department nurse, I don’t know how I’m going to work when I can’t even walk! I’ve been icing, elevating and taking Motrin....miserable!”

Ralph13 · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2021

“In my opinion this stuff should be outlawed. I would rate it a MINUS-5 after 7 days. After getting Durolane in both knees I could hardly make it to the car. The first 2 days I could barely make it to the bathroom using a walker. The next 5 days I am getting around with way more pain than before the injections. I have had over 40 Synvisc injections in both knees and they all had positive effects.”

Nadia · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2021

“I had the Durolane + steroids injection 5 days ago injected into both knees. I felt relief immediately and had no problems. I have been without pain since then, I can walk, stand and sleep much better and I feel amazing. I am very happy with the results of this injection and hope they last long.”

Sally · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2021

“Had this injection a month ago ....absolutely useless. Did nothing for my right knee, still in acute pain. $500.00 down the drain. Really think about this, wish I had, but pain was so bad, would try anything for relief. It might work for you, but certainly not for me.”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2020

“Had Durolane injections 2 weeks ago. I have experienced the worst pain I’ve ever had. Could not walk into the house on my own. Pain is especially bad at night. Feels like I have hot coals in both knees. Would never recommend these injections.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2021

“Stay away! Had an injection in my hip in Oct 2020 and it’s been a literal nightmare ever since. Going on month 6 and I still have a ton of pain and struggle to walk more than 10 mins without pain. My hip is 100% worse than before the injection. I have deep deep regret that I chose to take the injection. I’m 48 and was in very good shape prior to this (I have a slight labral tear) and have not been able to train since. Completely depressing. My doc sent me for an MRI that ended up showing nothing of consequence. This really really affected and continues to affect me very negatively. I would give a negative rating if possible.”

james March 15, 2021

“I had both knees done and I have had THE WORST pain ever I can hardly walk. My doctor suggested it would take a few weeks for it to work. It has been two weeks no change except more pain. When will the pain stop?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2021

“I have received Monovisc and Gel One injections having extremely positive results with the Monovisc. Duralane was injected in my knee I thought it was Monovisc and I have been in unrelenting pain ever since! This drug seriously needs to be discontinued. DO NOT LET ANYONE INJECT YOU WITH DURALANE! I am crippled now. Before I have reasonable mobility. This is a disaster.”

Skip · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2021

“Please do NOT use Durolane. I had moderate pain in right knee and was recommended durolane and had the first injection in January 202. Now , end of March the pain is worse than ever. You would be better off just burning your $500 in the fire place. YES this company should be sued for the agony it has caused so many people. I wish I had the reviews first. BEWARE”

Margaret · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2020

“It’s one week out since my Durolane shot in my knee. At the time of injection it was a little more uncomfortable than a steroid shot. I was ok for two days afterward, then the terrible pain started and has not stopped. I can hardly walk or stand for very long. Very disappointed and discouraged by this injection and upset I wasn’t warned by my physician. I’ve been icing it and sitting a lot, and it’s more painful at night, so sleeping has not been easy. I would never get this injection EVER again. This has been my honest experience and just wished I had read the warnings from these reviews first.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2021

“Day three after my first Durolane shots in both knees. Right knee, no problem. Left knee, pain with some swelling for two days. Now feeling great! I am excited to see how the next few months go. Word of advice...ice, elevate and Aleve. Rest for 48 hours...it’s worth it! Good luck”

Bebob December 5, 2020

“I had Durolane injection in both knees yesterday. I have a headache so bad. I feel sick to my stomach, my left knee is larger and hard from the top of my knee and down, he drained it yesterday as well. I don’t know what to I wish I didn’t get it. This is the worst feeling. If I feel the same tomorrow I will call the Drs office again. My right knee is very sore. They feel like someone is hitting me in the knees with a hammer, not stopping? I hope it’s not a blood clot. Idk . I can hardly walk. For me day 2 it’s terrible, thank you for letting me tell my experience”

Larry007 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

“I had both knees injected on Feb 7. I have had synvisc injections 3X's over the past 5 years. The doctor suggested durolane. She said, it would be one injection instead of 3 like the synvisc. The synvisc had worked great for me. Since she said it would work the same, I agreed to do it. The pain was unbearable!!!!!! When I left the office, I could barely walk. I had to keep my hand on the wall to maintain my balance. When I got home, it was very difficult to walk up and down the stairs. I can't believe they allow this injection to be used. It's been almost 5 months and I'm still having difficulty walking. I have a tingling feeling above the knee and in my foot. I'm sure there is going to be some lawsuits over durolane. This should never be used on anybody!!!!”

Mira · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2020

“I had Durolane injections on both knees and I regret it very much. I have hurt worse than before and have struggled to even walk. It’s been almost 3 weeks and starting to feel a little bit better but I’ll never do that again I’ll stick to cortisone shots until I get a knee replacement. It was so expensive above my insurance and definitely not worth it. I don’t recommend Durolane shots at all”

LindaLou · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2020

“Had Durolane shots on both knees two days ago. Heard positive results from company and pain doctor. After reading other comments, hope I will not be feeling pain too long. Have pain now, stairs are a challenge. Am taking Tylenol for Arthritis. Wait and see I guess.”

Cowgirl firefighter · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2020

“I got the Durolane injection on Tuesday of April 14,2020 and when I was walking out of office after shot it felt good, but by time I got home it hurt some. Everyday I get up ok but by lunch it hurts some by evening it gets worse and then last night April 16,2020 was the the worst ever. I tried ice it and heat, and finally a Toradol pain reliever. I was able to wake up ok but it has been bad all day today . It says give it two weeks to fully feel the effects. Am bone on bone and a lot of arthritis in my knees . I pray this works”

Hausfrau · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2021

“I had the injection on Tuesday. It is now Friday and I have started having trouble walking on/moving my left knee without pain. My doctor said it might take a couple of weeks before I see positive effects so I will reserve final judgement for the next 10 days.”

jcinter · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

“This is the 6-month after injection report. The first 3- weeks I had swelling due to too much Durolane fluid in my knee. Months 2, 3, 4 & 5 got better, morning stiff but flex out as day goes along. Swelling started in month-6, not pain but sore when walking. My 3 Synvisc treatments worn out after 3-5 months. So I will get my second Durolane injection this week, see if it's as good as the first one.”

katharinenixon June 28, 2021

“I have had meniscus operations on both knees. I have had Bakers Cysts burst in both knees and again in my right knee. My right knee has been painful since 2019. I had a Gel 1 injection in early 2020 and it brought some relief. My right knee continued to be painful through 2020. I had a third rupture of a Bakers Cyst in my right knee in early 2021. I asked for another Gel injection. Finally, six months later, my Rheumatologist ordered an MRI of my knee and it needed a knee replacement. The orthopedist said he thought a Gel injection wouldn’t work because the knee was in such bad shape. I had the Durolane Gel injection in both knees and was out of pain in three days. It was wonderful. I could walk without pain. No side effects. I know it is temporary but it worked for me. My feeling is that the lubrication missing from burst Bakers Cysts was replaced by the Gel. I also feel that there is a connection of statin medication with my deterioration of the knees.”

Kneeknocker1 · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2020

“I had one injection in each knee. The first 48 hrs I rested and limited movements. No pain nor swelling from injections. My left knee had been really painful 5-6months before treatment. Both knees are bone on bone. The pain from the stress on the left knee is subsiding daily now. I'm having to learn to walk normal again but I am so happy I had the injections. I will be having knee replacements sometime next year but this will give me time to loose weight and get my legs back in shape.”

Inpain · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2020

“Got the Durolane injection in my right knee then 5 days later I’m in the Er with an infection and now have to be on infusion antibiotics 3 times a day via a pic line for the next three weeks. I Would NOT recommend This drug!”

bikeyogi · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

“In the queue for hip replacement but started looking for alternative. Took an ultrasound guided hip joint injection a month ago, 3ml of Durolane. Pain increased for first week and a half but now almost no pain, very pleased and hope it lasts 6 months. I'm getting over my limp, building up atrophied muscles, and resuming my regular activities like long walks and pickleball”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis