User Reviews for Roflumilast

COPD, Maintenance
5.2

Summary of Roflumilast reviews 7.2 46 reviews

Reviews for Roflumilast

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been on Daliresp for five days and noticed great improvement. I wish I started earlier."

fersam (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I started taking Daliresp July 2016. I have to quit taking it. I’ve lost 30 lbs. in 1 1/2 years. Also, I haven’t noticed any change in my breathing. Daliresp just didn’t work for me. Now that I quit taking it my appetite is back and I’m sleeping better. I wish I quit it sooner."

Sue (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I started Daliresp 6 weeks ago when I had my first bronchitis inflammation. Still have the wheezing but am breathing better, using nebulizer less often, still on 5 mg. prednisone. Bowel issues are my main concern, chug pepto bismol to no avail and did vomit once. This drug is supposed to reduce bronchial flareups so I'll stick with it. Do not wish to stay in the hospital again."

Kathy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have COPD with mild bronchitis. I got the flu pretty bad this past flu season with lots of congestion and wheezing. Once the flu was gone my doctor suggested Daliresp 500 mcg to prevent future flare ups. That was on a Monday, 5 days ago. I took my 1st dose on Monday night. Tuesday morning I woke up feeling very tired. I took the 2nd dose Tuesday night. Woke up Wednesday feeling worse... a flu-ish feeling with exhaustion, body aches, and diarrhea. For some reason I gave it another chance Wednesday night, and when I woke up Thursday morning, forget it. I was so sick -- almost felt like I was poisoned. Could barely get up. No strength, no appetite, body aches, light headed. So I did not take it Thursday night. It is now Friday night (48 hours since my last dose) and I still feel very sick. I read that it can take around 4 days for Daliresp to leave your body. I'm hoping for a quick recovery. Needless to say Daliresp is not for me."

GAlanK February 3, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "I love it I haven't had to go to the hospital now for 2 years.I do have trouble sleeping but take a otc sleep aide it helps."

Like Red (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Daliresp did cause me nausea and diarrhea, but... Doctor prescribed Zofran for the nausea and Zofran causes constipation. Problem solved."

TammySammy July 31, 2017

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Daliresp is great. Although taking the 500 mcg was a bit too much for me it made me feel too light headed, I started splitting it in half and it seems to do well for me now. It does give me energy and does open up my lungs. I have also lost some weight since using it. It does give me diarrhea but its not severe. I do take each half of the pill 12 hours apart. That seems to work really good for my lungs. And feel good . I have very severe COPD. I started using oxygen, 2 liter continuous on March 1 ,2017. The daliresp and oxygen seem to work very well together. Most of the side affects go away in a bit of time. I found a good diet of fiber fruits veggies and low fat sure helps alleviates the side effects. Get rid of the salt too."

mollykatybugg May 30, 2017

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have severe COPD I cannot walk around. I was coughing up lungers daily but for last 2 years with this, I have had maybe 2 or 3 times. Life saver."

Billyjw (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Breathing great, diarrhea not so great. Not worth it."

Lpit180 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "I just started taking Daliresp again 10-23-16 the only problem that I have is I can't sleep.I can't go to sleep or stay asleep.and when I do go to sleep it's only for a few hrs.than I am awake again.I take it before and stop taking it because I could sleep.I really don't know at this time if it works or not.haven't been on it long enough to know.that's one of the side effects.so what can u do to stay asleep?"

sweetvickey October 25, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have severe COPD and started taking Daliresp approximately 2 years ago. My pulmonologist suggested Daliresp as I was experiencing frequent exacerbations requiring 2 to 3 hospitalizations a year. I am taking 2 different inhalers a day and on 4% oxygen 24/7. For the past 2 years I have been hospital free! Yah! I wish the Daliresp wasn't so expensive or a generic were available, but then again no hospitalizations (which is the last place a sick person should be)."

Ginny LB (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 3, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "my husband had been haveing multiple hospitalizations 9 in 10 months once on a respirator for copd excallabrations his pulmanolagist put him on daliresp and i must say i am very impressed he has not had a flare up in 3 months and his breathing is seeming to stabilize , he does get headaches. but it is something that as he says he is willing to deal with if it means a more normal life"

bobo1234 October 2, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "This drug has worked wonders for me. Its too bad we can't afford it"

Sparklecat September 5, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Started taking Dailresp 3 mths ago. Noticed improvement in breathing in 1st week. Then started having nausea and loss of appetite. I also started having other reactions,insomnia, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, bad thoughts about death. Over the last 2 mths it's gotten worse. I didn't know it could be the Dailresp. This morning I woke up at 1am couldn't go back to sleep because of thoughts of dying. It's 2pm I'm still awake(I can't sleep during the day). Got so bad I went to the ER today. The Doctor told me to stop the Dailresp. OK! I never had mental health issues before. I don't have any clue how long it will take to recover from the mental health issues I'm having."

Momma Jo August 21, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been on this medication for approximately one month. When I first began taking this medication (500mcg) and was having numerous side effects. Changed regimen to taking 500 mcg every other day. Continued to have same side effects. For past two weeks, I have been taking one-half dosage (250mcg) once at night and once in the morning. This has virtually eliminated all the previous side effects. My breathing improvement has been much better and more consistent with this low dosage. The 500 mcg pills are so small that is is impossible to divide a tablet without a good pill cutter. I found one on Amazon that works great. Perfect split of 500 mcg pill each time."

NRL July 17, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been taking this medication for 12 days now. Sometimes I have diarrhea the morning after I take it, sometimes I don't . Have had a headache for five of those days. Sometimes I get extremely nauseated after I take it, but it passes in about an hour. Sometimes I sweat . The first few days I felt like my breathing was better. Now , I'm not so sure. I have lost 7 pounds in 12 days. This medication suppresses your appetite and for me totally took away my craving for sweets . A good thing I guess, as long as I don't lose over about 15 lbs ."

Naj (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Have been on Dalisrep over 2 weeks now; could tell much improvement in my breathing. Didn't need to use supplemental oxygen at all. However, yesterday, I couldn't take the nausea, vomiting, tremors, leg aches, headaches, bathroom trips, any longer. I tried taking the meds with and without food, didn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering how long the side effects last? It seems some people don't have side effects at all. I am so disappointed that I won't be able to continue this drug as I feel that it was helping me with my breathing. But I can't stand the side effects any longer. I have lost 10 lbs in the 2 weeks, I have no appetite whatsoever, and I know that I need the nutrition as prednisone causes bone loss."

Momeganamamma (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For COPD: "Roflumilast had completely turned my life around, from being on oxygen therapy and having frequent exacerbations, my breathing has improved so much, that I no longer need oxygen or inhalers and haven't had to take steroids or antibiotic for over a year now. I feel sorry for anyone that experiences side effects that makes them stop taking it. In my opinion it is a life saver and the quality of my life has improved greatly, luckily with no side effects. Everything is good. If you can - persevere with it. The side effects will lessen as your body adapts."

Miss Sparkles December 12, 2015

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "It hasn't helped my severe COPD & acute exacerbations. My Dr. gave me samples to try but so far nothing. I will continue to take until all is gone then I have to call the Dr. about the results. I have extreme sweating & was sick to my stomach the 1st wk but now it's just every so often"

stiges October 24, 2015

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I used to have exacerbations regularly after finishing a dose of prednisone. Began taking Daliresp a year and a half ago and have not had one since. The only side effects I had was a weeks worth of very loose bowel movements when I first began. A great medicine."

Davike (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2015

For COPD: "Daliresp has been a game changer for me. My COPD symptoms have been substantially reduced as I became quite winded after a short walk of 100-125 feet. Now after about four months on this medicine my shortness of breath has been reduced and is sometimes non-existent. During the four months I had to deal with severe bouts of insomnia. This was solved by taking 1/2 pill per day. I notice no difference in symptoms between one or 1/2 pill."

dan1937 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "I seem to have lost my tasting abilities for foods."

Kona winds (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Love what this does to improve my breathing but the diarrhea just wont go away and that is the worst side effect for me. I tried taking in the morning and got headaches and felt nauseous as well as having the diarrhea so took it at night but the diarrhea has persisted. If I can't take something to counter this side effect, I will stop taking as I can't go anywhere with the diarrhea."

Maryjnn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Made huge difference in breathing and lessened exacerbations!"

63 July 17, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "This medication is wonderful. I just wish I could afford it. I recently got health insurance and it cost $250.00 a month and I was getting samples from my doctor when they had them which I know if I took it on a regular basis it would make me feel a hundred times better. It's great and keeps me out of the hospital!"

Cindy lindsey June 1, 2014