User Reviews for Roflumilast

5.2

Summary of Roflumilast reviews 7.4 53 reviews

Reviews for Roflumilast

Bea · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2019

For COPD: "I started roflumilast a month ago & for the first few days I was thrilled at how better my breathing was (I have COPD). I was started on half a tablet daily to increase after a week to taking 1/2 a tablet twice day to minimize the side effects I had read about. I’ve lost 6kg in a month and have frequent mild headaches . I have been a bit breathless the last few weeks but possibly because my usual inhalers were not prescribed. I suspect this drug works better for patients with severe COPD rather than mild COPD, I hope with my inhalers being re-prescribed, I will be able to rate this drug as a 10"

Mari February 24, 2019

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I started Daliresp 7 days ago for COPD. I have side effects that are hard to ignore. Headaches, body aches and nausea. I’m going to give it a month before considering stopping. On a positive note, started breathing better from day one. Hope side effects will go away soon."

Dane Lady · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2019

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have taken Daliresp for 6 months. The first month I had pretty bad diarrhea, but it has slacked off ove rthe last couple of months. I have lost 10 lbs. Which is great..lol. It does seem to let me breath easier. I have not had a bad cold or bronchitis since I started taking Daliresp. I get it straight from the pharmaceutical company.. Otherwise , I would not be able to afford it."

AB · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 1, 2019

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Started a year ago. Had problems at first. Started taking it ever other day and then every day after a month. Have never been sick since. Not even a cold. My husband had pneumonia for 2 months coughing all over the place. I am not vaccinated and never got sick. Give this drug a chance. It has really helped me."

Patski · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 17, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been taking daliresp for 6 years and haven't had another bout with bronchitis since I've started taking it. Before starting it I had bronchitis every winter and spent a week in the hospital each time."

Better · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Been on it for 13 days and I can tell a BIG DIFFERENCE. THIS IS GREAT .. Had a few side effects headache, can't sleep sometimes but I can deal with that better then not breathing...this is a wonder pill. There is a big, big difference in taking this pill."

Khaled · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Wow! Almost died then I was put on Daliresp and now been on it for a year. Such a major improvement!! I can breath again!! Love this drug!!"

fersam · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been on Daliresp for five days and noticed great improvement. I wish I started earlier."

Sue · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 20, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I started taking Daliresp July 2016. I have to quit taking it. I’ve lost 30 lbs. in 1 1/2 years. Also, I haven’t noticed any change in my breathing. Daliresp just didn’t work for me. Now that I quit taking it my appetite is back and I’m sleeping better. I wish I quit it sooner."

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I started Daliresp 6 weeks ago when I had my first bronchitis inflammation. Still have the wheezing but am breathing better, using nebulizer less often, still on 5 mg. prednisone. Bowel issues are my main concern, chug pepto bismol to no avail and did vomit once. This drug is supposed to reduce bronchial flareups so I'll stick with it. Do not wish to stay in the hospital again."

GAlanK February 3, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have COPD with mild bronchitis. I got the flu pretty bad this past flu season with lots of congestion and wheezing. Once the flu was gone my doctor suggested Daliresp 500 mcg to prevent future flare ups. That was on a Monday, 5 days ago. I took my 1st dose on Monday night. Tuesday morning I woke up feeling very tired. I took the 2nd dose Tuesday night. Woke up Wednesday feeling worse... a flu-ish feeling with exhaustion, body aches, and diarrhea. For some reason I gave it another chance Wednesday night, and when I woke up Thursday morning, forget it. I was so sick -- almost felt like I was poisoned. Could barely get up. No strength, no appetite, body aches, light headed. So I did not take it Thursday night. It is now Friday night (48 hours since my last dose) and I still feel very sick. I read that it can take around 4 days for Daliresp to leave your body. I'm hoping for a quick recovery. Needless to say Daliresp is not for me."

Like Red · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 6, 2018

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "I love it I haven't had to go to the hospital now for 2 years.I do have trouble sleeping but take a otc sleep aide it helps."

TammySammy July 31, 2017

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Daliresp did cause me nausea and diarrhea, but... Doctor prescribed Zofran for the nausea and Zofran causes constipation. Problem solved."

mollykatybugg May 30, 2017

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Daliresp is great. Although taking the 500 mcg was a bit too much for me it made me feel too light headed, I started splitting it in half and it seems to do well for me now. It does give me energy and does open up my lungs. I have also lost some weight since using it. It does give me diarrhea but its not severe. I do take each half of the pill 12 hours apart. That seems to work really good for my lungs. And feel good . I have very severe COPD. I started using oxygen, 2 liter continuous on March 1 ,2017. The daliresp and oxygen seem to work very well together. Most of the side affects go away in a bit of time. I found a good diet of fiber fruits veggies and low fat sure helps alleviates the side effects. Get rid of the salt too."

Billyjw · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 20, 2017

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have severe COPD I cannot walk around. I was coughing up lungers daily but for last 2 years with this, I have had maybe 2 or 3 times. Life saver."

Lpit180 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2017

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Breathing great, diarrhea not so great. Not worth it."

sweetvickey October 25, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "I just started taking Daliresp again 10-23-16 the only problem that I have is I can't sleep.I can't go to sleep or stay asleep.and when I do go to sleep it's only for a few hrs.than I am awake again.I take it before and stop taking it because I could sleep.I really don't know at this time if it works or not.haven't been on it long enough to know.that's one of the side effects.so what can u do to stay asleep?"

Ginny LB · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 3, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have severe COPD and started taking Daliresp approximately 2 years ago. My pulmonologist suggested Daliresp as I was experiencing frequent exacerbations requiring 2 to 3 hospitalizations a year. I am taking 2 different inhalers a day and on 4% oxygen 24/7. For the past 2 years I have been hospital free! Yah! I wish the Daliresp wasn't so expensive or a generic were available, but then again no hospitalizations (which is the last place a sick person should be)."

bobo1234 October 2, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "my husband had been haveing multiple hospitalizations 9 in 10 months once on a respirator for copd excallabrations his pulmanolagist put him on daliresp and i must say i am very impressed he has not had a flare up in 3 months and his breathing is seeming to stabilize , he does get headaches. but it is something that as he says he is willing to deal with if it means a more normal life"

Sparklecat September 5, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "This drug has worked wonders for me. Its too bad we can't afford it"

Momma Jo August 21, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Started taking Dailresp 3 mths ago. Noticed improvement in breathing in 1st week. Then started having nausea and loss of appetite. I also started having other reactions,insomnia, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, bad thoughts about death. Over the last 2 mths it's gotten worse. I didn't know it could be the Dailresp. This morning I woke up at 1am couldn't go back to sleep because of thoughts of dying. It's 2pm I'm still awake(I can't sleep during the day). Got so bad I went to the ER today. The Doctor told me to stop the Dailresp. OK! I never had mental health issues before. I don't have any clue how long it will take to recover from the mental health issues I'm having."

NRL July 17, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been on this medication for approximately one month. When I first began taking this medication (500mcg) and was having numerous side effects. Changed regimen to taking 500 mcg every other day. Continued to have same side effects. For past two weeks, I have been taking one-half dosage (250mcg) once at night and once in the morning. This has virtually eliminated all the previous side effects. My breathing improvement has been much better and more consistent with this low dosage. The 500 mcg pills are so small that is is impossible to divide a tablet without a good pill cutter. I found one on Amazon that works great. Perfect split of 500 mcg pill each time."

Naj · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been taking this medication for 12 days now. Sometimes I have diarrhea the morning after I take it, sometimes I don't . Have had a headache for five of those days. Sometimes I get extremely nauseated after I take it, but it passes in about an hour. Sometimes I sweat . The first few days I felt like my breathing was better. Now , I'm not so sure. I have lost 7 pounds in 12 days. This medication suppresses your appetite and for me totally took away my craving for sweets . A good thing I guess, as long as I don't lose over about 15 lbs ."

Momeganamamma · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Have been on Dalisrep over 2 weeks now; could tell much improvement in my breathing. Didn't need to use supplemental oxygen at all. However, yesterday, I couldn't take the nausea, vomiting, tremors, leg aches, headaches, bathroom trips, any longer. I tried taking the meds with and without food, didn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering how long the side effects last? It seems some people don't have side effects at all. I am so disappointed that I won't be able to continue this drug as I feel that it was helping me with my breathing. But I can't stand the side effects any longer. I have lost 10 lbs in the 2 weeks, I have no appetite whatsoever, and I know that I need the nutrition as prednisone causes bone loss."

Miss Sparkles December 12, 2015

For COPD: "Roflumilast had completely turned my life around, from being on oxygen therapy and having frequent exacerbations, my breathing has improved so much, that I no longer need oxygen or inhalers and haven't had to take steroids or antibiotic for over a year now. I feel sorry for anyone that experiences side effects that makes them stop taking it. In my opinion it is a life saver and the quality of my life has improved greatly, luckily with no side effects. Everything is good. If you can - persevere with it. The side effects will lessen as your body adapts."