User Reviews for Roflumilast

Also known as: Daliresp

Learn more about Roflumilast.

COPD 23 reviews 38 medications

8.3
COPD, Maintenance 11 reviews 46 medications

4.7
Summary of Roflumilast reviews 34 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Roflumilast

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "This drug has worked wonders for me. Its too bad we can't afford it"

Sparklecat September 5, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Started taking Dailresp 3 mths ago. Noticed improvement in breathing in 1st week. Then started having nausea and loss of appetite. I also started having other reactions,insomnia, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, bad thoughts about death. Over the last 2 mths it's gotten worse. I didn't know it could be the Dailresp. This morning I woke up at 1am couldn't go back to sleep because of thoughts of dying. It's 2pm I'm still awake(I can't sleep during the day). Got so bad I went to the ER today. The Doctor told me to stop the Dailresp. OK! I never had mental health issues before. I don't have any clue how long it will take to recover from the mental health issues I'm having."

Momma Jo August 21, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been on this medication for approximately one month. When I first began taking this medication (500mcg) and was having numerous side effects. Changed regimen to taking 500 mcg every other day. Continued to have same side effects. For past two weeks, I have been taking one-half dosage (250mcg) once at night and once in the morning. This has virtually eliminated all the previous side effects. My breathing improvement has been much better and more consistent with this low dosage. The 500 mcg pills are so small that is is impossible to divide a tablet without a good pill cutter. I found one on Amazon that works great. Perfect split of 500 mcg pill each time."

NRL July 17, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been taking this medication for 12 days now. Sometimes I have diarrhea the morning after I take it, sometimes I don't . Have had a headache for five of those days. Sometimes I get extremely nauseated after I take it, but it passes in about an hour. Sometimes I sweat . The first few days I felt like my breathing was better. Now , I'm not so sure. I have lost 7 pounds in 12 days. This medication suppresses your appetite and for me totally took away my craving for sweets . A good thing I guess, as long as I don't lose over about 15 lbs ."

Naj (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Have been on Dalisrep over 2 weeks now; could tell much improvement in my breathing. Didn't need to use supplemental oxygen at all. However, yesterday, I couldn't take the nausea, vomiting, tremors, leg aches, headaches, bathroom trips, any longer. I tried taking the meds with and without food, didn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering how long the side effects last? It seems some people don't have side effects at all. I am so disappointed that I won't be able to continue this drug as I feel that it was helping me with my breathing. But I can't stand the side effects any longer. I have lost 10 lbs in the 2 weeks, I have no appetite whatsoever, and I know that I need the nutrition as prednisone causes bone loss."

Momeganamamma (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For COPD: "Roflumilast had completely turned my life around, from being on oxygen therapy and having frequent exacerbations, my breathing has improved so much, that I no longer need oxygen or inhalers and haven't had to take steroids or antibiotic for over a year now. I feel sorry for anyone that experiences side effects that makes them stop taking it. In my opinion it is a life saver and the quality of my life has improved greatly, luckily with no side effects. Everything is good. If you can - persevere with it. The side effects will lessen as your body adapts."

Miss Sparkles December 12, 2015

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "It hasn't helped my severe COPD & acute exacerbations. My Dr. gave me samples to try but so far nothing. I will continue to take until all is gone then I have to call the Dr. about the results. I have extreme sweating & was sick to my stomach the 1st wk but now it's just every so often"

stiges October 24, 2015

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I used to have exacerbations regularly after finishing a dose of prednisone. Began taking Daliresp a year and a half ago and have not had one since. The only side effects I had was a weeks worth of very loose bowel movements when I first began. A great medicine."

Davike (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2015

For COPD: "Daliresp has been a game changer for me. My COPD symptoms have been substantially reduced as I became quite winded after a short walk of 100-125 feet. Now after about four months on this medicine my shortness of breath has been reduced and is sometimes non-existent. During the four months I had to deal with severe bouts of insomnia. This was solved by taking 1/2 pill per day. I notice no difference in symptoms between one or 1/2 pill."

dan1937 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "I seem to have lost my tasting abilities for foods."

Kona winds (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Love what this does to improve my breathing but the diarrhea just wont go away and that is the worst side effect for me. I tried taking in the morning and got headaches and felt nauseous as well as having the diarrhea so took it at night but the diarrhea has persisted. If I can't take something to counter this side effect, I will stop taking as I can't go anywhere with the diarrhea."

Maryjnn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Made huge difference in breathing and lessened exacerbations!"

63 July 17, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "This medication is wonderful. I just wish I could afford it. I recently got health insurance and it cost $250.00 a month and I was getting samples from my doctor when they had them which I know if I took it on a regular basis it would make me feel a hundred times better. It's great and keeps me out of the hospital!"

Cindy lindsey June 1, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Been on Daliresp since September 2011, no adverse side effects at all. I find that it has helped my breathing greatly. Have not had and exacerbation since going on medication. Prior to Daliresp had 2 to 3 flare ups yearly."

Pink Patty (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2014

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "My wife has been taking this medicine for 2 weeks for C.O.P.D. maintenance. It worked great for the C.O.P.D.; she use to cough constantly and had a hard time breathing, even while on prednisone. However within 2 hours of taking the Daliresp, she stopped coughing & began breathing well. However, she developed diarea , then after coming off the prednisone got severe back pain, and was not able to sleep. It seems to help the C.O.P.D. very well but the side effects may not be worth the breathing relief."

jesfws (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Medicine took water weight of 24lb immediately and another 9 lb. in the next 2 weeks. Helped my breathing almost immediately. Was nauseous for 6 months, however I took med at night to sleep through nausea. Have used for 1 1/2 yrs. and no more side effects. Does help keep swelling to a minimum in entire body."

Breathing easier in MT (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I started with a sample from my doctor. After using daliresp I didn't notice any change in my breathing after only 4 days I realized I didn't use my nebulizer as much. I can't believe this little pill could help so much..Bravo. Only problem I won't be able to get another prescription due to the high co pay, what a shame. I do recommend this medication highly."

LACE1941 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Did improve wheezing symptoms when taken in conjunction with Advair Diskus, however caused sleep problems as well as digestive disturbances (12-16 bowel motions/day)."

Dissatisfied (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Prior to taking Daliresp - had to take inhalers everyday (always before exercising, occasionally just to breathe normally), frequent lung infections (3-4 per year). Felt like I had a lung infection once again when the doctor prescribed this med instead of the typical antibiotics and prednisone. After taking Daliresp - felt much better in a few days, no longer need to take inhalers (only 1x in last 30 days) and exercising (jogging and weights) almost everyday. Big improvement. Only downside - occasional headaches, maybe 3-4 times per week that go away after a couple advils. Overall, big improvement in quality of life."

ejarm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I started it 3 days ago. I felt better on the 2nd day."

JO Ann T April 25, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Been taking Daliresp for about a year. It has definitively helped my breathing. I am diagnosed with severe COPD. This medicine and twice daily nebulizing with Brovana and Budesonide and Ipratropium for rescue has really helped me."

Anchorron April 2, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "I have been using Daliresp for 1 week now. It appears to have improved my breathing but I have several of the side-effects. Now I'm having problems with diarrhea, anxiety and trouble sleeping. I've got a call into my doctor now to see if the side-effects will go away. If they don't I'll have to go back to Advair."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Been on Daliresp for 6 weeks now and I feel great no side effects I feel so good I forget to take my inhaler twice a day. Thank you for this amazing medication."

peppylady (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2013

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD: "Originally I had no side effects on Daliresp and noticed better breathing, but after two months I noticed a moderate tremor. PCP put me on primidone for benign essential tremor. After another month the tremor increased significantly and I asked my pharmacist what drugs could be causing this. After she told me Daliresp, I went online to the manufacturer's website and discovered that primidone should NOT be used with Daliresp. Since it is the weekend and my tremors are continuing to increase to the prevention of some normal activities, I've stopped using both until I can talk to doctor's on Monday. "

jobernard (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2012

Daliresp (roflumilast) for COPD, Maintenance: "Had to stop taking due to severe insomnia. Stopped taking and still did not sleep for four days. Worked great on my breathing problems,"

awhitt (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2012