User Reviews for Stiolto Respimat

Stiolto Respimat has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 34 ratings on Drugs.com. 66% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 16% reported a negative effect.

COPD
6.9
COPD, Maintenance
8.9
Summary of Stiolto Respimat reviews 7.3 34 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Stiolto Respimat

Butch · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 11, 2021

For COPD: “I have been using the Stiolto inhaler for about 6+ years. I have two other prescriptions that I get along with it (Flovent and albuterol for nebulizer) plus the rescue inhaler. The Stiolto is by far the best one. The reason I know that is because I have been out of one or the other along the way and the one I suffer the most without is Stiolto.”

Steve · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 25, 2021

For COPD, Maintenance: “I live now on the west coast of west Florida. A pulmonologist started me on Stiolto Respimat in 2013 after a 'cervical anterior bisection and fusion' operation. Late last week I asked the doctor for a sample of Trellegy Ellipta sample I had heard so much about on TV.. After trying it for several days I'm going back to the Stiolto I'd used for 8 years. No comparison.”

Bizzy · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 14, 2021

For COPD: “I was wondering ...does anyone else rinse their mouth out after each use of Stiloto? Sad to say I don't always read all the instructions and after about a year using it, have just found out the literature that comes with it instructs you to rinse your mouth out after each use. Anyone? Looking forward to feedback here ...Thanks”

Bugs · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2019

For COPD: “I live in Australia and I have moderate COPD and My doctor thought I should stop using Seretide because of the worry of increased pneumonia risk. I persevered with stiolto respimat for just under a week. My condition deteriorated dramatically, I found my breathing laboured with a huge increase of phlegm produced and constant coughing. I could no longer walk any distance without stopping to catch my breath. As soon as I stopped taking it my breathing started to recover.”

Frankie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 5, 2019

For COPD: “This medicine works, fantastic when used properly. It is simple to use. There is no trouble pushing the cartridge in to get it started. It does not cause shortness of breath later on unless you have not taken, it correctly. Correctly dosed I have seen it work for many patients and it works for me too. I am a nurse.”

MyGramma · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2015

For COPD: “A few weeks ago my physician gave me a sample of this to try since the Syymicort I had been using for more than 2 years was no longer as effective as it had been. I've been using this once a day now for about 3 weeks and have had considerable relief. It did take me a couple of days to get the hang of using this new style delivery system. It's really easy to push the delivery button before you get your mouth over the respimat properly .”

Jackie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2019

For COPD: “I have had COPD for about 5 years and switched from Advair and Toudorza to Stiolto as the Advair caused my voice to sound like I had chronic pharingitis. My doctor thought the once a day medication would be convenient however by 2pm I had significant shortness of breath. It also is very easy to accidentally dispense. I think for some patients putting it together may be difficult as well. When it works in the morning it's great it just doesn't work all day, at least not for me. I am now trying Bevespi, we'll see how that goes. I hope we all find the right medication to assist us in managing our disease and live the fullest life possible. Good luck everyone.”

Goob · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2016

For COPD: “Wonderful. First couple times it sorta wore off what I thought was too soon but that was my delivery that was wrong. After I got the hang of it works great. Easiest my day has been in a long time. Went to the store and didn't even carry my O2 with me and that's a big change for me because I am so Afraid not to have my 02 handy.”

Cocoas mom · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2016

For COPD: “This is my third day using it. For the last 3 years I've been using symbicort and it was no longer as effective so I was given this to try. I honestly forget I have emphysema and am so grateful for this inhaler!”

Southern Sue August 3, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance: “I've been on this inhaler for almost a year now and continue to love it. Before starting Stiolto I was using the Symbicort and Spriva inhalers. Not only does Siolto work better for me but so much cheaper than using two inhalers!”

MN · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2018

For COPD, Maintenance: “I went through several medicines over the past 13 years. I started with Advair which was an improvement, Then tried Breo for a year, nasty stuff, couldn't handle the powder hitting my throat. I tried a 30 day of spiriva, a lot of hassle and didn't work any different. Went back to Advair, then had an attack that lasted about 2-3 weeks, my General practioner gave me Symbicort. I stayed with that for about a year. Just got a 28 day sample of Stiolto, wow, what a difference. I thought I can actually return to the gym, but now my insurance wants me to use "generic" versions, they recommend Anoro or Utibron NioHaler, anyway these dont even fall into the catagory of Stiolto. I guess I have to entertain the insurance till they decide on the right medicine, I thought Pulmonary Specialists make those decisions.”

BarbRea May 30, 2016

For COPD: “I started taking Stiolto Respimat in Jan. 2016. For the first few months everything was great. Then I started to have memory issues and confusion. I know this contains an anticholinergic. Two years ago I stopped taking medication for an over-active bladder that contained an anticholinergic because of the very same reason. A few months later my memory was back to normal (normal for me!) and the confusion totally went away. I was hoping that since this is an inhaler and not a pill that I might have better results. Unfortunately no. After four months the confusion and forgetfulness became a real problem. I decided to stop the inhaler this morning and will ask my doctor for an alternative - without an anticholinergic.”

Breathing Again · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance: “This has changed my life. I was able to breathe better almost immediately and I love that is easy to use. It did take a few tries to get accustomed to the inhaler but now I can't imagine going back to my old ones.”

Tim · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2021

For COPD: “I have used Stiolto for 32 months now. No side effects. This is a expensive Respimat some insurance companies don't cover it. The last I checked it costs 435.00 a month. My insurance dose cover it I pay 10.00. This is the best one I have used. Better than Spiriva.”

Barb · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2020

For COPD, Maintenance: “I have been using Stiolto for over 3 years and find it is better than Anoro, Symbicort and others. BREO had a very bad effect, could not catch my breath, but this one is just right quick acting and long lasting.”

Jerry April 6, 2020

For COPD: “I have had two samples of this respima. I have taken one and just started my second one . I have been on Spiriva and albuteral . So far I am not noticing any difference with respimat .At least with spiriva I would get rid of some phlegm that is not happening with Stiolto Respimat so my doctor said let him know if this makes any difference .”

Joyce · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 14, 2021

For COPD: “I take this drug along with Alvesco and they work for me. I still have some coughing and congestion but do not have to use a rescue inhaler very often. I tried switching to Trilegy so I would need just one inhaler but ended up with more congestion and much more coughing.”

Juliette011 · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2017

For COPD: “Hi All, I do hope you are all breathing well or as well as can be expected. So I have now been on the Spiolto Respimat (in Australia that is what they are calling it!) since the 17th July 2017, so it's only been a little over a week. I am still unsure but many times I think it is amazing. Given I have been taking the Ventolin, Spiriva and Seretide for years now....I believe it will take some time before I can fully evaluate Spiolto's effectiveness. Could someone who is currently using Spiolto and finding it works, what reliever other than Ventolin do you use? I do wish you and yours all the very best now and in the future. And thank you so much for all your comments. I found them really useful.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2018

For COPD: “I have severe COPD and have tried many breathing medications through the years. This is the worst for me. The delivery system is quite complicated and requires more strength than I have. The medication dries me out and makes breathing more difficult. I will return to Anoro.”

Mars0608 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance: “This has been a lifesaver for me. Used Spiriva for 2 years. Insurance would no longer cover much of its cost.. I tried to go without my medicine for several months. Thank goodness I am able to get this. It works great”

megsy 11 November 20, 2017

For COPD: “I was diagnosed with early emphysema on 11th October 2017 (5 weeks ago). I have never used a bronchodilator previously and I find this product easy to use. I no longer wheeze when lying down and believe my breathing is easier than before.”

kittyslots December 22, 2020

For COPD: “I've used Stiolto Respimat for approximately two years and find it works very well. I had been using Albuterol and had to go to the hospital as it didn't control my breathing at all. Now that I've been on it, I breath fairly well and have no side effects. It's expensive, but it does work!”

Bte · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2020

For COPD, Maintenance: “On Stiolo Respimat I’ve noticed significant improvement in breathing but it only lasts until supper hour then I start to cough so I’ve been using Advair but it doesn’t seem to be as effective for me now. I’m going to try Breo in the afternoon. I also get bad bruising with both inspiolto, respimat and breo having been on Advair for 14 years previously.”

jerryc19429 · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2015

For COPD: “Breathing so good I forget I have copd. This medicine is amazing and easy to use. I go about my day with no fear of having breathing problems for the first time in years.”

Jeze · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 2, 2020

For COPD: “I was on Spiriva Respimat for a couple of years and finally switched to Stiolto Respimat. I've found that my breathing is much better now that I'm on Stiolto. I live in Texas.”

krayzrick November 6, 2018

For COPD: “I was taking Spiriva and Advair in the morning, Advair only in the evening. Switched to Stiolto. Now by the end of the day I have hard time breathing. I'm ready to go back to the Spiriva and Advair.”

ebwhittaker · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2016

For COPD: “Was on breo and spiriva . Tried this for 2 weeks . Ran out of breathe walking to the kitchen . went back on breo anspiriva”

Breathless · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2018

For COPD: “I can breathe again, this inhaler is the best!”