User Reviews for Rofecoxib to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rofecoxib Rating Summary

9.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 321 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Rofecoxib

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 9, 2015

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Best thing I had for my condition... no side effects or problems.. was very disappointed when it was withdrawn."

medicman5141 August 5, 2014

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I have been a firefighter and paramedic since I was 18. This and my love of landscaping has put a toll on my joints. I'm sorry to say this was my miracle pill. I didn't hurt! I know many people will say I'm wrong for saying this but I'd rather live happy, pain free, with no stiffness and run the risk of death or stroke than wake up hurting everyday and going to bed trying to get comfortable. This is not away to truly live. Merk please find away to bring this drug back... heck I'll sign a risk waver... I want to live with out pain and stiffness."

Jai just jai December 3, 2013

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I would have to walk up and down steps everyday to get to work. I would stop and just pray a little to get up them, as it took every thing in me to do so. when I would get to the top, I would just stop and breath through the pain. I was 34-36.. I loved to dance, shop, and wear high heels. I would take 1 Vioxx every 3rd day it lasted that long. I remember hopping up the steps and wearing heels with no problems or pain. I actually laughed as I got to the top of the steps. I would just sprinted up the stairs without pain. Then 8months later it was pulled from the market. I had about 20pills I would use them only for special occasions. I am down to 1 I am saving it for a trip to Hawaii. It's still a magic pill."

Mr. J Brown March 27, 2013

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I too loved Vioxx because it was so effective for my arthritis. At the time I was prescribed Vioxx I had severe foot/ankle pain and stiffness in all joints making it hard to walk especially in the morning. I was pain free while on it after years of over the counter ibuprofen & acetaminophen. How I wish Vioxx could be brought back in some safer form."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2012

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I have had arthritis since my twenties, I am in my fifties now. The only time that I have been pain free is when I was on Vioxx. I wish they would bring it back. Like I told my doctor, the people on it generally were taking it because it hurt to move and exercise, before we used it which meant (me included) we were sedentary and sometimes overweight. With any medicine you should read the warnings and watch for what you should and shouldn't do. I still would love to have Vioxx back, please."

Anonymous November 19, 2011

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Vioxx was by far the best medication for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I can not believe that all of us suffering from this painful disease have to continue in such misery, when the medication that was by far the best ever was taken off the market. Thank you for letting me express my opinion."

Anonymous May 4, 2011

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "When they took Vioxx off the market I lost my life. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I was pain free while on Vioxx. The doctor has prescribed other medicines for pain but I can not function with them. I WANT MY VIOXX BACK. I can't dance, work a job, work out in the yard. I am miserable. P"

Kroepfl March 8, 2010

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I had a very severe onset of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and Vioxx gave me my life back. I was in remission for nearly eight years and now without it, I have had not one pain free day."

Anonymous August 9, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "My husband suffers from rheumatoid arthritis - when he was prescribed Vioxx he was able to walk without pain, participate in sports again, and was overall happy. He's in his 40's and is now suffering miserably. He's tried almost every other drug out there - and not one of them has had the same effect as Vioxx. People should have been upfront with their doctors and advised them of any other medications they were taking or herbal supplements they may have been taking. Physicians and their PA's should have been investigated and their practices, not Merck. Talk about quality of life - wouldn't you rather have five great years than living the rest of your life miserably. "

joyfulhillbillie April 2, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Vioxx was my miracle drug. For years I suffered from very painful arthritis. I was young and healthy, and Vioxx gave me my life back. Now in the past years without it, I get up every morning in pain. I'm only 42 and I can hardly stand to get out of bed. I miss just being able to walk down my road with my dog."

marimutt September 26, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I still think they should bring Vioxx back on the market. I'd rather die painless then have 20 years of misery and pain. They took that off the market but leave other drugs over the counter to kill people because they can just buy it without a doctors warning."

Troutmaster March 3, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I have never had such pain relief from a drug.It changed my life. Why oh why was it withdrawn??"

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)