User Reviews for Quinapril

5.3

1 review 121 medications
Summary of Quinapril reviews 6.8 8 reviews

Reviews for Quinapril

For High Blood Pressure: "This medication did lower my blood pressure, but I developed a really bad headache and I feel dizzy."

rkearns (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

Accupril (quinapril) for High Blood Pressure: "Have had no debilitating side effects from this medication at 10mg. I did notice on my last blood test my Potassium was up but not out of range. Was tired for first few weeks, get cold hands and feet if outside but it's manageable. The effects of this medicine seem to diminish after starting my bp is slowly rising I have gained some weight which might have caused the increase working on removing the excess now."

AdamRA (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Got very tired and dizzy with this drug. I got a bad cough and unusual sweating."

Anonymous June 6, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have now tried 11 hypertension medicines. I found that quinapril gives me a headache, but not as bad as most of the others. It also makes me dizzy, but not as bad as some of the others. And like all the ACE inhibitors, it does lower my blood sugar some, but not as bad as lisinopril or any of the the beta blockers. All of the medicines I've tried have contributed to impotence, but unlike the comments of a previous reviewer, I found that quinapril was the least guilty of the lot. Strangely, since they are both ACE inhibitors, lisinopril is the most guilty."

Opera buff (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "People mention a cough as a potential side effect-I've hardly noticed this at all, but what I HAVE noticed, is that this medicine interferes with getting a good erection. Skipping a dose (or delaying it until after sex) does help(assuming your doctor says that it is okay to skip or delay a dose. Of course on the other hand, I was on a different high blood pressure medicine years ago, and it was WAY worse in this regard. And, YES, erectile dysfunction medicines will help overcome the effect. I've been using Quinapril for many years-started with 20 MG once a day, and eventually went to 40 MG once a day. It has worked reasonably well...note that users of the medicine in this class (ACE Inhibitors) sometimes end up with cold hands and feet. This is generally an issue in cold climates."

Anonymous December 20, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "Took it for a little over 6 months - Quinapril HCL 40mg along with Amlodipine Besylate 5mg and 1/2 a pill of Hydrochlorothiazide 50mg. The cough got to be excessive. Of course I do smoke, but I know the difference between smokers cough and something else. Switched to Benicar 20mg, after 7 days side effects just too much and it is so expensive. Quit the Benicar. The coughing is very annoying but will have to try it again as it is like the only medicine that I can afford right now. Everyone is different but it is okay as far as I am concerned for me."

philmiami April 17, 2010

Accupril (quinapril) for High Blood Pressure: "I had been taking this drug for some 3 plus years as a precaution (protection due to family history) as my only brother has had 4 strokes and my father died of a massive coronary failure."

CharlieR March 20, 2010

Accupril (quinapril) for Heart Failure: "Works well if you can tolerate the annoying cough that is a common side effect of this medication!"

Anonymous September 9, 2009