User Reviews for Motegrity to treat Chronic Idiopathic Constipation

Motegrity Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Idiopathic Constipation.

Reviews for Motegrity

Frosty · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2020

“I have had problems with constipation most of my adult life. I know I should drink more water, but live to drink diet coke! Gastro doctor put me on Linzess originally. Had really bad diarrhea and then stopped working. He then put me on Motegrity. My God, what a difference. I go almost every day, sometimes more than once. I added taking stool softner and now have no problems with pain or having complete BM. I do have occasional gas, but it passes easily. I finally feel normal again! At first my insurance company denied paying for Motegrity, but I appealed the decision and they give it to me for $155 for 90 day supply. I gladly pay this for not having the bloating and pain I would endure.”

Yes! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

“I started taking Motegrity right when it came out in 2019, before my insurance came up with a prior authorisation for it. My physician was working with me and giving my samples of practically everything while I waited to see a GI. Motegrity was the only one that actually worked and made me feel like myself again. I tried everything with my diet before having to start relying on a prescription. I did the whole 30 diet multiple times and would slowly add things in my diet 1 by 1 to see what was causing the problem and I was still having all my symptoms while on the whole 30 that I did for 60 days instead of just 30. I workout regularly and drink plenty of water. I have done everything in my power to self correct whatever is causing my symptoms but nothing would work. Now that my insurance has come up with a prior auth for motegrity I am working with my GI and physician to get it approved again. I have done a variety of imaging and functional testing and just want to be back on Motegrity!”

sofmelo · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

“oi! I have been constipated all my life, tried all the otc stuff. I tried trulance before this one, did not help at all. I was very hopeful for motegrity. It worked amazing the first two days, first times I have ever had a complete bowel movement. I had some bad gas and awful pain in my back and sides. I was also quite achy, almost like I was hungover. Unfortunately, when the pain stopped on the third day, so did the bowel movements. on to the next!”

Von · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

“Stuff is poweful ! I have taken trulance, linzess , nasty ol miralax, you name it ! None compare to motegrity. I took it before bed. Woke up in the morning and it was time to GO !! I didn't even know I had so much. Its been 2 days later and I still feel the effects of it. I've had IBS-C for 20 years. I'm hoping this is a long term bandaid for my problems.”

Hello · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2020

“I’ve been on Motegrity almost two weeks now, and it’s been the best medication I’ve taken so far for chronic idiopathic constipation. It’s great that I can take Motegrity with or without food, unlike Linzess, and the Motegrity hasn’t increased my stomach pain like Amitiza did. Again, unlike Linzess, Motegrity has NOT caused diarrhea for me, but it effectively helps me “go” without needing to drink coffee or take a laxative. Motegrity has caused excessive sweating, and at the very beginning, I had a minor headache. All in all, I consider Motegrity to be an excellent medication! I’ll try to update this review after a few months.”

Shar December 28, 2019

“I have experienced constipation for many years. I take Motegrity along with a Magnesium supplement every day.( Not at the same time) No side effects for me. I’m finally normal. Thank you Motegrity”

Sable · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2019

“Tried Motegrity and got a horrible headache/migraine, major fatigue (had to take a nap to sleep off the pounding headache), and diarrhea. Not impressed whatsoever. Tired of GI drs handing out pills like candy, not once has my GI asked me about my diet, I’m switching drs, this one just doesn’t get it!”

Highfive · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2019

“Overall, Motegrity is extremely effective. I’ve been on it for four and a half weeks and have had little to no intestinal side effects as experienced with Linzess (severe bloat, gas and incontinence) and have been able to feel pretty normal. The only issue I’ve experienced is pretty frequent headache (about every other day) and nausea (everyday). I take Excedrin Migraine for the headache and Ondansetron for the nausea and seem to do well. This drug has saved me from my many nights awake with severe pain from my CIC and gastroparesis, so the benefits outweigh the side effects.”

festusdog · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2019

“I tried this daily for 7 weeks -- almost at end of 2nd refill. Worked a little for the first 10 days or so, but NO results at all since, and unfortunately VERY unpleasant side effects of severe gas, severe bloating, abdominal pains. It was very expensive too. Not going to refill. No results and bad side effects.”

Shelly October 16, 2019

“Motegrity did work for the chronic idiopathic constipation. But I noticed increased feelings of depression, such that I had to evaluate whether the trade off was worth it. I have always preferred seeking out natural solutions anyway because pharmaceuticals always seem to come with such a high price. So I went to a doctor of osteopathy. On his recommendation, I have been working with Dr Schulze’s Intestinal (or Digestive) Formula 1 with great results (& no misery). I would seriously discourage anyone from taking Motegrity. I know our bodies are all different. But life is stressful enough generally. Combine that with the stress of your health challenge and you’re already half-depressed. You would think the effects of Motegrity on the digestion would bring lasting bliss. But it doesn’t. This is coming from a person who performs at high levels in her professional life and maintains a high level of fitness by training hard 4-6 days/week.”

MB August 10, 2019

“I started out with a whole pill and immediately experienced nausea and a pounding headache. The next day I took a half a pill felt great, but little stool. That evening took the second half of the pill and depression started to settle in on me. By the 4th day just taking half a pill depression was heavy on me. I’ve decided to stop taking the medication after the 5th day of half a pill and go to a nutrition store to find something similar and try that also add more fiber to my diet. I’ve tried linzess severe weight gain I’ve tried Amitiza nauseated all the time.”