User Reviews for Promethazine to treat Urticaria

Also known as: Phenergan, Promethegan, Anergan 50, Adgan, Antinaus 50 Phenadoz

Cat June 9, 2019

“I take 50mg promethazine daily for Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF), classic type and so far it has been the best treatment. This is a very rare disease with little to no information or research on it. I had an aggressive case where most of my upper body was covered. The worst itching I have ever experienced just 24 hours a day for months. Even just getting changed and washing could take off the skin. There is really no treatment plan for EPF c, just throw something for dermatitis at it and pray. 8 months in and nothing was really working. Switched it up yet again and tried Promethazine, and continued ointments and the Loratadine I was already on. After about a month it had really calmed it down, and I was able to use topical treatments that previously had stung my skin too much. Eventually stopped taking the Loratadine, I scaled the ointment down to as needed. Now I have been taking just 50mg of Promethazine daily since the end of 2017 and only have mild flair ups once in awhile.”

Yarbdor December 9, 2018

Phenergan (promethazine): “Chronic Hives - 25mg works well after desloratidine ceased working for me. Side effects of sedation, lethargy, falling asleep very quickly (sometimes inappropriately), dry eyes & mouth. (If I was working and not retired, the side effects may not have been manageable)”

Learn more about Urticaria