User Reviews for Promethazine

Also known as: Adgan, Anergan 50, Antinaus 50, Phenadoz, Phenazine 50, Phenergan, Phenergan Fortis, Phenoject-50, Pro-Med, Promethegan, V-Gan-25, V-Gan-50

Learn more about Promethazine.

Promethazine Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Light Sedation.

Reviews for Promethazine to treat Light Sedation

"I have been taking Promethazine 25mg tablets as needed for nausea for about 5 years. 1 pill would completely take away my nausea, even if I had the flu. However, the first time taking 1 pill knocked me out. You can build up a tolerance fairly quickly if you take them daily. I also have taken 1 to 2 pills to sleep through the night if im off work the next day because they make me groggy for a few hours the next morning. They don't make me feel "out of it" like Xanax and I have never developed any type of addiction to them either."

Doc Johnson (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 21, 2016

"I suffer bad tinnitus and don't get much sleep I take 2 of these tablets but they don't work :/"

Soph22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

"I came across this by accident and after two tablets all my medical ailments disappeared (anxiety, stress and IBS-D) . Off diazapam and Imodium now . Amazing after 40 years of misery that I can now enjoy life. Plus no sleeping tablets now either --- result !!!!"

Shon 48 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine): "Beautiful sleep every night"

tashyxtash31 October 25, 2014

"The phenergan shot works well at sedating me. The other forms that it comes in - such as pill, syrup, and suppository do not provide the same sedating effect for me."

Reservechic (taken for 10 years or more) October 26, 2013

Phenergan (promethazine): "I took the recommended dose and was extremely drowsy yet angry and restless. It was like I wanted to scream out of frustration but was too tired and edgy. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2012

Phenergan (promethazine): "This is my magic pill. I suffer from vertigo, chronic spinal pain, sleeplessness, mild depression because of the spinal pain, and usually I get sick to my stomach with even one aspirin. I take 1/2 of one pill of this every night before bed and sleep like a baby and awake feeling rested, happy, and nausea-free. I hope the vertigo is gone too but haven't taken this long enough to know about that. I take small doses of everything because I feel the effects of any medicine very strongly. WHY hasn't a doctor offered this to me before?"

Anonymous August 31, 2011

Phenergan (promethazine): "This medication helps me sleep very soundly but I usually wake feeling quite groggy and often feeling a bit depressed. "

Anonymous January 31, 2010

Phenergan (promethazine): "I suffered a reaction to this product. I bought it for help with sleeping and I was unable to sit or lie down for the restless nerve endings that lasted all night and most of the following day."

nicksname March 9, 2009

Phenergan (promethazine): "I sleep great with this medication."

hearae June 23, 2008