User Reviews for Prasugrel to treat Heart Attack

Also known as: Effient

Prasugrel has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Heart Attack. 20% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 60% reported a negative experience.

Prasugrel rating summary

4.0/10 average rating

Compare all 95 medications used in the treatment of Heart Attack.

Gilby · September 8, 2019

Effient (prasugrel): “March 2016 my wife had a heart attack. 1 stent. They prescribed effient. March 2017...2 more days before she could stop taking the drug...she died from a brain bleed. People should be more forewarned of risks & side effects. Deb my wife was only 57 yrs old.”

Onthewing · April 23, 2021

“My husband had a heart attack and 2 stents inserted on 3/19/21. My husband was placed on Prasugrel, as well as Metoprolol and a statin. On 3/21/21, we had to return to the ER due to extreme pain that turned out to be severe GERD. My husband never had GERD prior to his heart attack and the stent surgery. I suspected it was one of the medications - but ER would not entertain that theory. They sent us home with a Proton inhibitor. We returned to ER on 3/25 with esophagus pain AND stabbing chest pain. Got sent home with a second GERD medication. Returned to ER on 4/19 with severe esophagus pain and stabbing chest pain, and they admitted him into the hospital with Dressler pericarditis. A month later, the cardiologist tells us Prasugrel could have caused the GERD - after my husband had an endoscopy and was put on aggressive treatment for it. Yesterday the cardiologist took him off Prasugrel and on an alternative med. We will see if his GERD resolves.”

Ro · October 11, 2018

“Following a heart attack and subsequent stenting in 2012, I was taken off my Plavix I'd been on for 8 years and started on Effient. Ten weeks later, I suffered a massive stroke. Today, I've been off work for 6 years and still have some leftsided weakness in my arm and leg. The anesthetist was unable to reverse the blood-thinning effects of the Effient, and surgery was scary for all of us. Due to quick excellent surgery, I survived, but it was touch and go for awhile, and I was comatose for 2 weeks. My recovery has been difficult, but my stubbornness has come in handy. I hope to be able to be able to go back to work one day, but I'm not sure it will ever happen. We shall see, I guess.”

Antony · October 13, 2021

“I had a single stent fitted following a heart attack 7 months ago. Great for four months, then dizziness, chest pains . Lots of ECGs, treadmill all ok . Actually feels like a heart attack. Doctors say it’s not parasugral ? Must be”

Zeke · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 21, 2020

Effient (prasugrel): “The doctor put me on Brilinta after having stents placed in my heart artery. Unfortunately, I got the side effect of shortness of breath even though my O2 level was fine. He then placed me on Effient and this syndrome went away in a couple of days.”

Macallan35 · Taken for less than 1 month · October 23, 2019

Effient (prasugrel): “Developed bad rash on arms and legs and black stools after 3 doses. Doctor transitioned me to Plavix.”