User Reviews for Oxcarbazepine to treat Epilepsy

Also known as: Trileptal, Oxtellar XR

Oxcarbazepine Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 194 medications used in the treatment of Epilepsy.

Reviews for Oxcarbazepine

Epiwarrior · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 30, 2020

Trileptal (oxcarbazepine): “I got diagnosed with Epilepsy on 7/3/15 after having 9 absence seizures in a 3 hour period. I was put on Keppra 250mg 2x/day and over the years it’s increased to 1000mg 2x/day. The seizures weren’t going away or becoming less frequent. In August 2019 I was put on Trileptal 300mg 2x/day after finding out I was also having complex partials and this pill was my miracle. I haven’t had a seizure since!”

StrongMan · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 4, 2020

“Have come across Trileptal in the last year through my 20 year journey with Epilepsy & whilst I'm still having some shifts in my seizure quality Over this whole period of having Epilepsy all this time, the no.1 Anti-Seizure medication I found, was Keppra 1000mg twice daily. Sad part was that it had a strange way of influencing me to go & drink alcohol.... Trileptal isn't so bad”

Jav · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2020

Trileptal (oxcarbazepine): “Taking trileptal for 5 months. Female. 450mg twice a day. No seizures but memory is now horrendous and I'm so dumb and numb. Also the 5-7% chance of having a deformed baby is not worth it but I'm stuck because all the seizures meds are horrid. Also now experiencing constipation.”

Nadine December 10, 2019

“the drug is effective in stopping partial seizures but it has many side effects mainly hair loss and thinning, interactions with several other drugs, interaction with female hormones (estrogen and progesterone), a small weight gain. my 14-year-old daughter has been taking it for 4 years, the effects started after a year, and are increasing as and when. What is the solution?”

Cita · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 27, 2019

Trileptal (oxcarbazepine): “My son had a head injury when he was very small and started to have seizures. Scared me so much at the time. Was told it was febrile seizures at the time. Over the past 3 years he started to have these 15 seconds tremors. We went to see a neurologist and she prescribed Trileptal for him after having a MRI and EEG which both came back normal. The medicine really does help with stopping the seizures. Because of the type of epilepsy he was diagnosed with, he will probably won't stay on the meds. But for now it's a big help. Seeing a child having seizures is so hard to watch.”

Learn more about Epilepsy

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)