User Reviews for Systane Balance

Dry Eye Disease

Summary of Systane Balance reviews 6.0 3 reviews

Reviews for Systane Balance

For Dry Eye Disease "Works great!!! Much better then the other Systane OTC brand drops because it contains mineral oil. A little pricy but well worth it. One bottle lasts me months. My ophthalmologist prescribed this and Xiidra Drops (Rx only) after he diagnosed me with Dry Eye Disease (DED) caused by Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), which is actually the main cause of DED. I also use a micowavable eye heat mask daily and Ocusoft Hypoclor which targets the main cause of DED. These combinations of treatments have highly improved my condition."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have used this product with no problem, then I got pneumonia and wow, my eyes went ballistic. Red, inflamed, puffy, itchy and I went to the doctor. He showed me a picture of eyes with problems like mine and the cause was Systane. I was so shocked. It is really terrible."

BirdTee (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Went to optometrists / opthamologist For eye exam said I had dry eyes. Gave me sample bottles said to use 4 or 5 times a day first two weeks then no less than 3 times a day. My eyes are swollen, vision blurry, I wake up with goo and gook in my eyes it is awful. I stopped today I hope it clears up soon I drive for a living."

Deb (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

"All of the less common side effects I have been experiencing after my cataract surgery by using this medication. Burning, itching, redness, sensitive to light, etc. This was prescribed to me my Ophthalmologist after surgery. At this point I am going to stop using this and contact my Physician for further assistance."

cthom (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

For "I was told to use this product by my Dr. after cataract surgery. At first I thought my discomfort was because of the surgery but it has been over a month and I still have blurry vision and swollen eyelids. I am stopping these drops and will try a different one for my Dry Eyes."

mrscaddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2017

For Eye Redness "I've had chronic dry eyes for years as a consequence of an ongoing eye condition. I've used eye drops for years seeking relief includes another Systane product, generic eye lubricants and prescription restasis. This is the first product that has provided real ongoing relief. The only negative is it cannot be used while contacts are in place, but this is minor when compared to the relief provided."

Badpatient June 7, 2015

For Eye Redness "I also received a sample of Systane Balance from my ophthalmologist when I asked what he would recommend for my dry eyes. I have found Systane Balance to be the best drops I have ever used for my condition. Previously, I had been using Blink and GenTeal 'Severe Dry Eye Relief' Gel and, while both of these products had provided some relief, neither can compare with Systane Balance. Within a few seconds of my applying the drops for the first time, the stinging in my eyes totally disappeared. The relief provided is also very long-lasting, with the beneficial effects sometimes lasting for more than 24 hours."

GinnyMcL April 10, 2015

For Eye Redness "Immediate relief, so glad my optician gave me a sample to try."

ndnPatsy (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2013

More about Systane Balance (ocular lubricant ophthalmic)

Other brands: Artificial Tears, TheraTears, GenTeal, Puralube, ... +41 more