User Reviews for Ortho Micronor to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Ortho Micronor has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Ortho Micronor Rating Summary

6.6/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Ortho Micronor

EM09 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2013

“This medication was amazing at the beginning, but now it has caused severe moodiness and abnormal uterine bleeding. (I've had 2 full periods in 3 weeks) and somedays I start spotting and get cramps even though I take my pills on time.”

Myra in Foothill Ranch, CA February 9, 2012

“After multiple surgeries, office procedures and test done on me the results are low progesterone. My doctor put me on this pill. For the last two months and now into my third pack of pills I no longer have heavy long periods. I do recall missing a dose and/or taking my pill late caused me to have a period and/or spotting and/or long heavy periods. Now, I make sure I take them every day at the same time clockwise %u2026 so far it works and I have not had a period or spotting in about 35 days. I am not pregnant; occasionally, I get a light headache or feel a little dizzy and realize that I need to eat something; after I eat, the light headache and little dizziness goes away. I've lost weight vs. gain weight from the pill. ”

VenusThai May 6, 2016

“I'm 41 and have had heavy periods for 3 years. I was bleeding for 10 straight days before seeing my OB. I did test and vaginal ultrasounds and and my OB says everything looks fine. She put me on Micronor bcs of my HBP and bcs of my age. I was having break through bleeding for 3 weeks after starting on Micronor. After the 3 weeks, I guess I had my period bcs it was heavier. I still had a little spotting afterwards and thankfully it tampered off after a few days. Now no blood, it stopped and I'm period free. I'm now on my first week of my second pack. I don't really have any side effects, just a little hungrier but no weight gain yet. My complexion is fine, no mood swings, my sex life is fine, no depression either.”

BriiRoma1 June 30, 2016

“I have been on plenty of birth control methods.. From the ring, patch, IUD and pills. Nothing seemed to work , then (as a health care professional) I decided to research and try Norethindrone (ortho Micronor) .. This was the best decision, sharobel and Micronor are my favorites! No weight gain (like I've had on others), no anxiety issues/depression..sex drive is the same. I will NOT go back to anything else! I'm so grateful ”

mellys September 23, 2015

“I have been on this for about 6 months now after being on desagestoral and constant bleeding. Seem to be on 26-28 day cycle and bleeding lasts between 4 and 6 days but 2 weeks after I get another period. My mood is often low on this pill and I often feel weepy. The cycle is doing my head in now and I'm terrified there's something wrong with me. Want to just stop but scared I'll always be this messed up. Anyone else experienced this? I'm 38.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2019

“I have been on this pill for 2 months now (2 packets) I have had 2 periods everyone month, very angry moody no patience and my boobs constantly hurt really bad. I will not be taking this anymore I am 3rd day into the pill where I’m supposed to be bleeding and nothing, but the first or second active pill I will start bleeding heavily so I am stopping I am backwards and I can’t deal with a period every 10-12 days. I know it varies per person, it is just not for me. Best of luck to everyone else and thanks for sharing your experiences”

Nicole900 August 9, 2015

“Hi. I have taken the pill for 26 days. The 27th, I have decided to stop! I have been bleeding heavily for 26 continuous days, plus cramping, headaches, absolute lack of libido, bigger sore breasts, need to sleep 5 extra hours per day (naps all the time), extreme sadness, vaginal dryness despite the bleeding, heavy legs, general growing fatigue and incapacity to function normally! I switched to another pill (Lolo from Actavis), and so far so good. I am thankful for the reviews here because I did not feel alone or getting crazy with such painful side effects. The extreme sadness was really odd. Lolo is not a mini-pill, but it has a low amount of oestrogen. I am hopeful. I could not move with Micronor despite being very active normally.”

Campbe · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2019

“I've been on Ortho Micronor for two weeks now, it's been an absolute roller coaster. I've had strange sensations in my legs, severe depressive episodes, mood swings, heart palpitations, headaches, and am currently experiencing what seems to be another period exactly one week after having my last one. I think if this continues I'm going back to the GP for a new prescription.”

Anonymous July 4, 2015

“The first year was fine but now I'm constantly bleeding have constant spots on my face which I've never had. I have also gained a lot of weight inexplicably which just makes me constantly think it's baby weight which is not good at all! Better than the IUD by a long shot though”

Chegmaxruby October 26, 2015

“I started taking this pill about six weeks ago. The first couple of weeks I had abit of bleeding but I think that was partly my fault, not taking it at exactly the same time each day but since I have and all as been well. My boobs seem quite sensitive but larger, so cannot complain. All in all I cannot fault it, no spots, headaches or noticeable weight gain as yet.”

SD · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2021

“I have been on this pill for 22 days for abnormal, frequent, heavy periods. I'm 44 years old. I felt much sleepier than usual (which I don't mind, as an anxious person!) and my breasts have been large and very painful the entire time. I started spotting on the 17th day and by day 18 I started a very heavy, extremely painful period that is still going strong on day 6. I never miss work and was in bed almost all day yesterday. This is a worse period than my usual but the PMS was less bad and it came an extra week later which was nice. Not sure if I can continue though!”

Jademill August 12, 2016

“This is a great pill it stops the bleeding but does give you a regular period every twenty eight days. The only con is that my breast get real tender and swell.”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding