User Reviews for Lyza

2.1

Summary of Lyza reviews 5.5 91 reviews

Reviews for Lyza

A · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I like this Lyza pill so far. I have only had a little acne and only breakthrough bleeding once. I love and I’m gonna keep taking it!"

Lyza User · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I had a bad experience with the Lyza pill. First, my throat got tight and it was difficult to breathe. I called the doctor and she said I'm having a bad reaction to Lyza and I had to get off it, I only lasted 3 days. I am not allergic to ANYTHING so these pills were definitely to blame. I also immediately got terrible cystic acne all over my chin/jaw area. I stopped on the third day...that was more than 2.5 months ago and I STILL have terrible acne that I didn't have before. :( I hope it goes away soon. I don't recommend this product to anyone."

Net April 4, 2019

For Birth Control "Okay, so I usually don't give reviews on stuff like this but I felt it was necessary because of so many bad reviews on here for this drug. Before I started taking it I got really scared after reading these reviews but decided to start it anyway because I have tried so many other things with terrible side effects. Of course, Lyza birth control (BC) is not for everyone but for me it has been amazing! I have had NO issues with it besides my breasts are a little more tender than normal about a week before my period. I have really struggled with BC and this is the first one I can take without feeling terrible. My advice if you're considering taking this... try it. It may not work for you and that's ok but if you've tired so many other things like I had then this one may be your ticket. I felt like I had seriously tried everything else. After 15 years with struggling with birth control this one is finally my answer."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for two weeks and I have not stopped bleeding since. I bleed very, very heavy and have very alarming size blood clots from the size of a golf ball to small fruit it’s insane! The cramps are ridiculous and I can’t even work because I am on my feet which makes me bleed heavier, in three hours I just went through two overnight pads and 3 super plus tampons!!! I’ve also gained 10 lbs in two weeks and my skin is so bad and it has never ever been bad! This stuff is horrible!"

Kylee922 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control sounded amazing when the doctor told me about it, but its not all its summed up to be. Yeah I haven't gotten pregnant yet but I mainly take it because it was suppose to help my period lighten up and be less painful. Not at all. I've been bleeding non stop almost like I have my period but I don't. I've been spending more money now since I need to use tampons and my boyfriend won't have sex with me when I'm bleeding. Also, the cramps are never ending. Not as bad as they were but I take it for the reason of having a lighter and less painful period. I don't recommend it."

KK · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this pill 7 days ago and it's been a wacko 7 days. Days 1-2 I had spotting, 3-to 7 have been nonstop bleeding. It's like am I gonna run out of blood soon from so much blood bleeding. I'm on my 2nd box of super+ tampons. The cramps are insane. I had cramps before but these make you want to vomit and pull your hair out. I wouldn't suggest this BC at all.. I was only prescribed it because I have a history of migraines.. plus I said ok, because the doctor made this pill sound amazing. Bye Lyza, thank you for ruining the last 7 days of my life."

Kaypee · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for almost three months. Since I’ve started it, my skin HATES me. I’ve been very moody as well. I take it every night at 10 pm and wake up every single morning feeling extremely gross and bloated. Definitely do not recommend this pill."

not jaz · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I didn’t get pregnant while on this pill, so that’s good. However, I had really bad cramps and heavy bleeding while on it. My periods usually aren’t that bad. Also, my skin was horrible. I rarely break out, but this gave me terrible acne. I’ve never had this bad of a reaction to any birth control pill."

Aubrey · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for only 2 weeks! To sum it up, I had SEVERE abdominal pain along with awful nausea for a week straight. It prevented me from going into work. I had everything from dizziness to cold flashes. I was miserable on this pill. I gave it one star for ease of use and one more for pregnancy effectiveness. But honestly neither of those are worth it. Now that I am off of the pill as of yesterday, I have no more pain. This pill flushes out of your system exactly after 24 hours (so be sure to be especially on time with a POP pill) overall, I do not recommend Lyza, but keep in mind that everyone is different!"

Ana · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 3, 2018

For Birth Control "This stuff needs to be removed from the market! It’s so harmful and ages you fast!! I have dark racoon eyes, and dark marks all over my neck. Shortness of breath Horrible mood swings Horrible acne Enlarged poors And hair loss. Avoid this like THE PLAGUE!"

Girlinafrogsuit · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Lyza for about 2 weeks now and it’s been fantastic no noticeable emotional changes aside from crying once to a goo goo dolls song (possibly from lack of sleep) but I honestly feel great. I'm really happy on this pill. Other pills I have been on in the past have worsened my depression to the point the I just stopped taking birth control for over a year and a half. Another perk is my boobs are noticeable bigger already!"

tiredofit · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking Lyza for heavy periods and fibroids to avoid surgery. After the sixth day on it, my period started again and it's so heavy I soak through TWO 10-hr pads in an hour, and there's some clots too. I'm stopping today and finding another solution this is crazy."

Anna · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Lyza has been a very good first pill. I looked up this forum right when I got the pill and started freaking out, but honestly it’s different for everyone. For the first months, my emotions were all over the place, and I was kinda going out insane and crying a lot. Then I had a bit of annoying spotting for around 3 months. But honestly it was super manageable and it’s gone now. My periods went from 8 days and very heavy cramping, to 3 and basically only a teensy bit of pain the first day. Pregnancy wise, I’m five months in and not pregnant, waiting on my period right now actually. I have noticed some weight gain, but most of it has gone to my boobs and thighs, I’ve been going to the gym a lot so some of it’s muscle. Just remember pills are different for everyone, and for me this was a very good stepping stone."

Beckers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill in April 2017. It made me dizzy for 8 months. I had to take time off of work during the months that made me the most dizzy. I even thought I had vertigo at some point. The dizziness finally went away but I started to get my period twice a month. At this very moment, I'm on my period and have been on it for the past 2 weeks. This is the most insane bc pill ever."

Gabrielle May 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly not sure how to rate this pill. As far as preventing pregnancy it has been 10/10. I have unprotected sex with my partner regularly since being on it, over a year now & haven’t had any pregnancy scares. However, prior to being on the pill, I had absolutely no cramps, period lasted only 3 days, emotionally I was pretty calm & stable. Since being on the pill my cramps are unbearable, my period is not regular & sometimes last 2 weeks. There have been times I will spot for weeks instead of having a period which can be confusing. It also causes my skin to breakout whereas before my acne was under control. I suffer from migraines & are at risk of a stroke so I can only take a POP. I’m just not sure where I stand with this pill. I know for the first 6 months these changes are normal but it’s been over a year & every time my period rolls around, whenever that may be since it’s now a mystery to me, I’m a complete emotional in pain wreck. but at least I’m not pregnant I guess."

Bri · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this method of birth control for approximately 5 months. It was effective as birth control, but the side effects surprised me. Tearful and angry, my reaction with the medication was definitely not overall positive. Some days were better than others, but most days were a struggle. I’ve been off the medicine for less than a week and my mood is already much more stabilized."

Vanessa · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2018

For Birth Control "OK so I'm giving this birth control a 5 star because it didn't make me have any abnormal bleeding/periods, no nausea or vomiting which was an issue with my last bc BUT one side effect they didn't list that I had was becoming so very crazy. I was non stop crying everyday, picking fights with my boyfriend everyday (which was not the case a month ago), literally I have never felt so crazy in my life. If you are a very calm and collected person then this pill can definitely be for you, but if you are already a little cray do not take unless you want to be sent to a mental hospital."

Tatiana N · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Everyone's body is different when taking any contraceptives of course so not everyone will experience the same symptoms. It's good to try something out for good three months and let your body adjust to the synthetic hormones. I personally experienced spotting for the first two months on and off for couple weeks and it has gotten better since I allowed the pills to do their job. I don't spot anymore, my periods are light if not any at. I've been taking Lyza for 6 months and it works for me. If your someone who has family history of high blood pressure and experienced myself as well, I recommend this pill for people who will take it on time at the same time each day. Do your research first, educate yourself and know what's best for "you"."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Lyza broke me out terribly from the time I started it. Never have I had such severe acne in all my life. Also, my period was always regular, but thanks to this pill it came at the worst times (always random and unexpected). Gave me a terrible yeast infection And I will never take this medicine again. Worst birth control I've ever taken."

Chapner · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I was given this pill as my only option for birth control pills because of my family's history of blood clots. I have currently been on this pill for 4 years and my body has not felt the same since. The first year consisted of heavy clotting and irregular bleeding. I also experienced high levels of mood swings and weight gain. I hate this pill and without insurance, I am left with very few options. I then decided to cut back and take my pills a couple times a week. I have seen small improvements but nothing major. I would never, in my life recommend this pill to anyone. So please, if you have other options. Make this your last choice."

:) January 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Started this birth control about 7 months ago. I love it I did spot and have 7 day periods for the first couple months, but I haven’t got my period since. I love it, doesn’t make me feel sick, and since I switched to this birth control I haven’t had one yeast infection, which was very common with my birth control before. I’m very happy with it!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 17, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill gave me a period that wouldn't stop for two months...basically my period stopped after I stopped taking the pill. I experienced severe pain and bloating like I've never experienced before. I mean toppled over in bed kind of pain. I went to the emergency room twice. No one could figure out what was wrong with me. I finally realized that the symptoms started after I started taking the pill. This pill is scary. I hope that there isn't any long term damage to my body after taking this pill. All the pain, bloating and blood stopped after I stopped taking it, so that's good at least. But I am definitely worried about any long term damage this pill might have caused."

Mlmlmlmlmlml December 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I posted earlier when I started and now it's been about 6 months so thought I'd update. After 3 months the non stop bleeding and spotting did stop. I have gained some weight but nothing that isn't manageable. Also the bleeding during sex. My period hasn't stopped tho, and I get it monthly usually with in the same week. Usually a few days later than the last. The biggest symptom I have had though is that my boobs two weeks after my period will hurt so bad. So bad and last till my period comes. Doc recommended small dose of evening primrose, of sodium tablets. Might give it a try. If you can stick out and your body isn't telling you to give up after 3 months it does get a little better. Least for me...."

MaryMay88 November 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched to this birth control from Yaz because I’ve experienced aural migraines in the past- even though the Yaz helped them go away and made my periods lighter. My doctor claimed she still couldn’t prescribe it to me and prescribed me Lyza instead. I’ve been on it for 2 months and decided that I would honestly rather just risk getting pregnant until I can find a different doctor (I’m married and we’re open to having more children). This is the worst birth control I have ever experienced. On top of the fact that I bleed heavily nonstop, I have zero control of my emotions. These past two months have been a nightmare. Although, everyone reacts differently to medication, I would certainly never recommend this birth control to anyone."

Caligirl40 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am glad I came across this page. I too have had a terrible experience with this pill. I started them to control my periods and abnormal bleeding however, I have been bleeding for nearly 5 months with only a total 16 days of no bleeding. They have been heavy and clotted. I was told that it would take three months for my periods to taper off but it is just as bad now as it was 5 months ago. I have not experienced any weight gain however on the days where I was not bleeding I was very bloated. I even went to a couple of doctors thinking that I may have a serious medical condition but they found nothing. Now I know that I am not the only one who is having this problem. I have quit taking them and will be switching to a different brand"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)