User Reviews for Lyza

Birth Control 40 reviews 292 medications

6.5
Summary of Lyza reviews 40 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lyza

For Birth Control "Once I started taking this my boobs got much bigger. Went for a B to a DD. I don't get nauseous like other birth control has made me but I get my period about 3 times a month.. and that really sucks."

Good and bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2016

For Birth Control "It's probably the best birth control I've taken so far! When I first started using bc, my doctor had put me on the standard combination pill (hormone with estrogen) and I had to be taken off it because it was giving me high blood pressure, that and along with a family history of high blood pressure. They suggested I start taking Lyza which is also known as a "mini" pill or "pop" since it only has the hormone present in it. I've been taking it for little over 2yrs. now and I have to say it's been great. I haven't had any major symptoms at all. My periods are practically nonexistent at this point and very irregular, which might be a little scary for some women who are not use to taking the pill."

Marie_D November 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I started using Lyza and it has being 2 months. THANK YOU FOR THIS BIRTH CONTROL! I am 23 and its my first time using birth control. I was really scared to get on any kind of birth control but after two babies, it was time to think of it and to take it seriously! I went to my OBGYN and she recommended this pill and it is going pretty well. I get a little bloated after I take it but drinking lots of water makes it a lot better."

mabadd93 October 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Lyza for 6 months. I got my period the first month after beginning, and have not seen it since. I was not having any side effects until recently I have been having very tender breasts, mood swings, and bloating. I have taken two home pregnancy tests and both came up negative. I have gained 5 pounds since beginning Lyza and I do like it, but not menstruating is scary, especially when other symptoms begin to show up, similar to pregnancy side effects."

25yo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Was put on this due to terrible migraines. Took it for 8 months and stopped recently. Yes, my migraine wasn't as bad as how it was before but my period was very irregular. At some point, I didn't get it for 2 months THEN 3 months and it would scared the heck out of me. I would get bad cramps and my breast would be so tender & painful for weeks!!! Also, I noticed that my eating habit has gotten worst, I became tired but sleepless and often get anxiety attacks. I just couldn't take it anymore so I decided to stop it before it gets worst."

NesC September 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Lyza because my doctor said it would be better to get on a birth control pill with only one hormone due to history of high blood pressure on my Dad's side of the family. I repeatedly said I did not want to switch as my body was perfectly adjusted to the Aubra...but my doctor insisted I try it. I am 1 month in and I stopped taking it last night. I refuse to take one more pill. I hoped this would work for me but all I had were negative side effects that I have NEVER had (and I have been on birth control pills for 10 years!) I spotted the whole month... Continuous spotting. I was extremely bloated and gained 5lbs since I started taking it. I had horrible cramps, broke out, was moody, and it killed my sex drive."

Mlosterhout (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

For Birth Control "i had to switch bc (Tribessa) they said I was high risk for a stroke ,so I started using lyza. It works but I have had multiple periods in a month . I'll bleed for 4 weeks then be off for 2 days and start spotting again. That's turns into another full period I don't kno if my body isn't adjusting or what"

Ash Ash August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've taken Lyza for a few months now and sometimes I forget to take it or miss a few days but it still works pretty well. My periods have been getting shorter each time month and I have not experienced weight gain. But then again I exercise and eat fairly healthy on a daily, but I do get headaches and I'm pretty sure it's not from the pills it's more from me not wearing glasses and I have terrible vision! But it seems to be working for me."

Kristiiiii May 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on Lyza at Planned Parenthood because of my history of migraines. Overall, I've had a good experience on Lyza. I sometimes have spotting between periods, but now after about a year, I only get a period every 3 months or so. At first this kind of freaked me out, and I take a pregnancy test if it's been about 60 days since my last period. Sometimes I get very tender breasts as well. Those are really my only complaints about this medication. There are no other side effects I've noticed, skin is fine, and mood is pretty evened out. My periods are generally less heavy than they were before, which I also appreciate."

Kat1089 May 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Lyza for 3 weeks now, started it the first day of my last period. That period was completely normal, with no side effects at all. Then 2 weeks later I started getting breast tenderness like now I normally do before a period but it was too soon so I was confused, but then today my period came almost a week earlier than normal, and it seems heavier than how they usually are on the first day. I had no spotting otherwise (this time anyway), no other side effects other than my next period came almost a week early."

GaiaGoddess May 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I had just about given up on ever thinking I could be on a hormonal form of contraception. I had tried two other forms of birth control in the past, the first being Yaz which was the WORST thing ever. I swore off birth control for years thinking my body just couldn't handle it. I recently went back to my OBGYN just to see if there were ANY other last resort options for pills. She recomended Lyza becuase its low hormones, and I was hesitant at first but gave it a go. I have been on Lyza for almost a month now, I have had almost no spotting, no mood swings, no headaches, no troubles with blood clots/wheezing, nothing like my other experiences! Thank you Lyza!!! You literally saved the day, and hopefully everything continues to be awesome!"

3rd Try With Birth Control (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Birth Control "My OB/GYN placed me on this pill because I was at risk for a stroke while being on estrogen birth controls. I have been taking this medication for 2 months with no side effects: migraines have stopped, no acne, no mood swings, no weight gain, no spotting, and sex drive is still intact. The first month of taking this pill my period was extremely light (almost nonexistant) and lasted only two days. This month I didn't have a period and took a pregnancy test, it was negative. I read reviews that this is normal while taking this pill... Not sure if I like this factor? All in all, i'm pretty pleased with this birth control. Please note that this is a progestin only pill and it is important to take at it at the same time daily."

jlav34 April 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm not gonna go into detail because it would take too long. My periods and body have been all messed up for years. Normally I would have 10 day periods with excruciating cramps. Tried all different kinds of birth control to help with it. Nothing worked.....I have been on lyza for 4 weeks now. I'm just taking it continuously. At first I had a period that was 7 days long...I kept taking it even through my period. I just finished week 4 with no spotting or side effects so far! No blood, no period symptoms, no acne, no nothing!! I am beyond happy. I hope to keep taking them every day and not have a period. So far so good! My goal is to not have periods anymore because I'm sick of them and they cause more problems than they should."

kpugs March 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this pill 6 months ago due to my family history of clotting issues. I had mood swings, irregular periods and slight acne issues the first 4 months but everything has evened out now. The periods are regular now but less intense."

Jasmine R March 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I love this pill option. No negative side effects. Short menstrual, less acne"

KittyDoxie March 12, 2016

For Birth Control "No experience yet I barely started taking it- last Sunday. They prescribed Lyza due to I'm diabetic T2"

luna16 February 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Lyza for 13 months and my period is so irregular. I once didn't get it for 2 months and every month it never comes at the same time, and I take the pill at the same time every single day. I don't have any other side effects. I wish I could just take an estrogen pill again because everything was fine when I took that!!!!"

tamip February 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for almost two weeks now. I chose this form of bc because I am fully breastfeeding. I haven't seen any changes in my breastmilk. The third day on this, I was feeling a bit nauseous for a couple hours. I had a minor headache the first couple of days. I haven't had those problems anymore. A week into taking the pill, I started spotting. Then today my period is very heavy and watery. But its alot! (Sorry if I'm too graphic, I just want to be specific for anyone that might want to look up reviews about this bc). I'm really hoping this heavy period goes away. I'm going to give it a couple more days."

Giara (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on it for a couple months. My cycle came 2 weeks early and hasn't stopped. I've been bleeding consistently for about 3 weeks. I've had a few pimples which is unusual for me. My appetite has stayed pretty consistent, I haven't had access to a scale for a month or more, so I'm not sure if I gained weight, but my clothes fit the same and I work out regular, so I don't think I have. If so I don't notice. If my boyfriend was squeamish about blood I would be hating life right now. I've used the nuva ring awhile back, I didn't have any bleeding/spotting issues, but it made me crazy. I would cry for hours for no reason. I have felt mentally ok so far on Lyza, but I'm not sure how long I can take the seemingly eternal cycle."

T. Tryingitout (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Lyza for almost year now and I've had the usual irregular spotting throughout the months! I used to be on Ortho Micronor and I had the same experience. The only difference I've noticed is that the irregular bleeding went from one whole month of spotting to every other week! Has anyone else experience this? Also, has anyone gotten depressed from this? I've been taking it for 11 months and up until last month it had no affect on my mood. But suddenly, I've been feeling pretty down and I'm wondering if birth control could be a suspect..."

belleoftheball January 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for almost 13 months. My OB/GYN thought this was a good fit for me being that I'm a nursing mom. I am back down to my pre pregnancy weight, no acne issues like others have experienced and no mood changes as I did with the Depo Shot. All in all my experiences have been good and positive but each person is different."

Lisa Marie85 January 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill a year and a half ago, I had no insurance at the time so I went to planned parenthood and they put me on this due to migraines. Biggest mistake ever. I have never in my life had breakouts, once I was on this pill I broke out every single day. I tried giving it 6 months to see if it was from being new to my body and it only got worse. I finally got off of it and my face got better, but it took 3 months. I'm on skyla now, but ever since that pill my face has never been the same."

Anonymous January 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from combinations pills to this birth control because the estrogen gave me migraines. It has helped my cramping and I no longer have periods. At first I was skeptical cause I had a period that lasted about a week but after that they went away..I've experienced a little weight gain and tender nipples but for the most part I no longer have cramping and periods so it's all good :)"

No name :) (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I decided to give this pill a try and I honestly HATE it. I have been on it for 10 months and the only thing that was nice AT FIRST was not having a period. My periods stopped once I started taking the pill and I haven't had one since. I used to breakout a lot a few years ago but once I got my first bc pill which was a combined pill I almost never broke out. Since I've been on Lyza I don't think I have gone more than 1-2 days at a time without breaking out. I'll finally get it cleared up for one day and then boom the next day painful zits pop up. I've had enough and I can't wait to get off this pill and go back to a combined pill."

DONT USE LYZA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Lyza for a month. I had to switched out of the Ortho Tri-Cyclen combo pill because it gave me headaches. I noticed that I have more of an appetite when taking Lyza. I have not gain much weight because I have a high metabolism along with working out. My face seems to have cleared up. The only negative thing I would have to say is that since it is an progestin only pill, it is important to take it right on time. It has a lower hormonal dosage than combo pills."

MissMei November 11, 2015