User Reviews for Lyza

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 169 medications

2.8
Summary of Lyza reviews 54 reviews 4.5

Reviews for Lyza

For Birth Control "Some of the reviews here seem to be misleading. What works for some women, may cause horrible side effects for others. I've tried a few different BC pills and even the Depo-Provera shot. My Dr. suggested I switch to Lyza because I was getting frequent migraines with the last pill I was on. I have not had a migraine since I switched to Lyza! It's been over a year since I switched and I haven't experienced any weight gain, change in mood, etc. Overall, I've had a wonderful experience with this birth control. Only downside is that my periods are inconsistent.. Sometimes I will go a couple months w/o one. But I also don't take it at the same time every day (oops!)"

Courtx3 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was extremely happy with my combination pill, but was forced to switch to Lyza about a month ago due to my aural migraines. The first three days on the new pill I was too nauseous to function. I've now had my period twice in less than a month and sore breasts since I started it. Aside from my skin improving slightly (which was unexpected), my weight remaining unaffected, and my mood staying much more balanced than when on estrogen, this pill is a nightmare physically."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've not had any side effects with lyza and I've been taking it for nearly a year. It's regulated my period and also help lessen the severity of my period, my main reason for taking it. While I can't speak on behalf of it actually being used for birth control, it does work wonders for everything else."

Kenidi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for a week (which I know isn't a long time but hear me out lol). I have not really experienced negative side effects at all. I waited to start it on the first day of my period to ensure that I wasn't pregnant and my period went on and cleared up as normal and expected. MAYBE just a tiny bit of bloating at times. I went on the mini pill because my body can not process estrogen at all. Immediately, I get horrible mood dives, I get painful cramps in my legs and arms from the high cortisol estrogen was causing me. In fact, on this pill my mood seems to have taken a turn for the better, I have more energy to do things and feel more mentally stable! Don't be scared off by reviews or discouraged from finding, everyone's different"

depressionandacne (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I do not like Lyza. Been making me gain weight and I haven't had my period in 2 months . And I KNOW I'm not pregnant because I haven't had sex in like 6-7 months."

Meissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I was given Lyza because of my migraines. Long story short as soon as i started taking it I've had problems. My migraines seem even worse. It made me really moody & depressed. Not to mention never having a break from my period if I'm lucky I get 5 days off at the most other than that I'm always on my period. I definitely would not recommend!"

xo.shortyy April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I use to have the mirena for 3 years but during the 3rd year I started having side effects so I got the Lyza pill because I have migraines. I started in October 2016 and I'm always bleeding I'll stop bleeding for a week and then start bleeding again my cramps are worse I get really depressed idk what to do - I don't want kids right now I'm married "

Calitatted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I always see bad reviews about Lyza but I've been taking it for almost a year and a half. I never really experienced bad side effects like bleeding for an extended period of time or weight gain. The only thing I've noticed was a very irregular period (mine was already irregular before I started) but it'll just be off by a week or so. If you are good with taking pills on time, I highly recommend!"

82929272Nicole (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Lyza because of my high blood pressure. I have been taking it now for 3 months. Everything was normal until this month. Normally, my cycle would last about 4 to 5 days with little to no cramps or bloating. I'm in my 3rd month and I have been bleeding for 14 days straight. This is not normal for me. I can do 7, but 14 days is to long. What is wrong with this pill?"

Bleeding for 14 days (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on lyza since 8/16...have had a normal heavy period every month since. Except for 1 month it was surprisingly light. This month it's a week early and I'm annoyed. Lyza has been hell. My boobs have been sore, acne at first but that's gone. My appetite is out of control. The only reason I started was to stop my period. My cramps have been the worst ever and more clots coming out then ever before."

Princess hendrixx February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been taking Lyza since December 5th, 2016. I have had vaginal bleeding since December 7th, 2017. Yes, that is 71 days straight! I have not had any other side effects from this pill but the bleeding is enough to do me in. I keep waiting to see if it will even out but again this week it is heavier then just spotting and showing no signs of slowing down. I have high blood pressure which is why I am on this pill but I don't think I can keep taking it much longer. So frustrated!!!!"

MNnicegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking Lyza on the second day of my period and it's been 2 weeks now I'm still bleeding. And this is the first time I have to take pain reliever on my period. Plus I'm gaining weight too.. this pills sucks"

Alex12 January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "If you want to bleed constantly, heavily, and unexpectedly, this is a great pill for you! You also get the bonus of horrible bloating, quick and noticeable weight gain ( I gained 15 pounds in 2 months, and I have an excellent diet). I can't have sex with my boyfriend because I am ALWAYS bleeding. So I feel low self esteem because I can't be intimate with the man I love, which makes me feel insanely sexually frustrated. This is a horrible birth control option. I took it at exactly 12 noon every day and never missed. I had a total mental breakdown this morning because I realized I have been bleeding for about a month and a half and I am fatter than I have ever been in my life."

Gloria8888 January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I just started taking this BC 3 weeks ago. (First time being on birth control) my period came a week ago and I'm still spotting. My cycle usually lasts for 5-6 days and it has always been irregular. But I'm not liking that my cycle length has increased. Other than that I've only had minor headaches compared to my usually intense headaches so that's a plus. And I get nausea once in a while, no vomiting though. I've decided to wait 2 more months to see if my symptoms or side effects change for the better.."

Phyllis102 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Once I started taking this my boobs got much bigger. Went for a B to a DD. I don't get nauseous like other birth control has made me but I get my period about 3 times a month.. and that really sucks."

Good and bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It's probably the best birth control I've taken so far! When I first started using bc, my doctor had put me on the standard combination pill (hormone with estrogen) and I had to be taken off it because it was giving me high blood pressure, that and along with a family history of high blood pressure. They suggested I start taking Lyza which is also known as a "mini" pill or "pop" since it only has the hormone present in it. I've been taking it for little over 2yrs. now and I have to say it's been great. I haven't had any major symptoms at all. My periods are practically nonexistent at this point and very irregular, which might be a little scary for some women who are not use to taking the pill."

Marie_D November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started using Lyza and it has being 2 months. THANK YOU FOR THIS BIRTH CONTROL! I am 23 and its my first time using birth control. I was really scared to get on any kind of birth control but after two babies, it was time to think of it and to take it seriously! I went to my OBGYN and she recommended this pill and it is going pretty well. I get a little bloated after I take it but drinking lots of water makes it a lot better."

mabadd93 October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Lyza for 6 months. I got my period the first month after beginning, and have not seen it since. I was not having any side effects until recently I have been having very tender breasts, mood swings, and bloating. I have taken two home pregnancy tests and both came up negative. I have gained 5 pounds since beginning Lyza and I do like it, but not menstruating is scary, especially when other symptoms begin to show up, similar to pregnancy side effects."

25yo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was put on this due to terrible migraines. Took it for 8 months and stopped recently. Yes, my migraine wasn't as bad as how it was before but my period was very irregular. At some point, I didn't get it for 2 months THEN 3 months and it would scared the heck out of me. I would get bad cramps and my breast would be so tender & painful for weeks!!! Also, I noticed that my eating habit has gotten worst, I became tired but sleepless and often get anxiety attacks. I just couldn't take it anymore so I decided to stop it before it gets worst."

NesC September 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Lyza because my doctor said it would be better to get on a birth control pill with only one hormone due to history of high blood pressure on my Dad's side of the family. I repeatedly said I did not want to switch as my body was perfectly adjusted to the Aubra...but my doctor insisted I try it. I am 1 month in and I stopped taking it last night. I refuse to take one more pill. I hoped this would work for me but all I had were negative side effects that I have NEVER had (and I have been on birth control pills for 10 years!) I spotted the whole month... Continuous spotting. I was extremely bloated and gained 5lbs since I started taking it. I had horrible cramps, broke out, was moody, and it killed my sex drive."

Mlosterhout (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "i had to switch bc (Tribessa) they said I was high risk for a stroke ,so I started using lyza. It works but I have had multiple periods in a month . I'll bleed for 4 weeks then be off for 2 days and start spotting again. That's turns into another full period I don't kno if my body isn't adjusting or what"

Ash Ash August 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've taken Lyza for a few months now and sometimes I forget to take it or miss a few days but it still works pretty well. My periods have been getting shorter each time month and I have not experienced weight gain. But then again I exercise and eat fairly healthy on a daily, but I do get headaches and I'm pretty sure it's not from the pills it's more from me not wearing glasses and I have terrible vision! But it seems to be working for me."

Kristiiiii May 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on Lyza at Planned Parenthood because of my history of migraines. Overall, I've had a good experience on Lyza. I sometimes have spotting between periods, but now after about a year, I only get a period every 3 months or so. At first this kind of freaked me out, and I take a pregnancy test if it's been about 60 days since my last period. Sometimes I get very tender breasts as well. Those are really my only complaints about this medication. There are no other side effects I've noticed, skin is fine, and mood is pretty evened out. My periods are generally less heavy than they were before, which I also appreciate."

Kat1089 May 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Lyza for 3 weeks now, started it the first day of my last period. That period was completely normal, with no side effects at all. Then 2 weeks later I started getting breast tenderness like now I normally do before a period but it was too soon so I was confused, but then today my period came almost a week earlier than normal, and it seems heavier than how they usually are on the first day. I had no spotting otherwise (this time anyway), no other side effects other than my next period came almost a week early."

GaiaGoddess May 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had just about given up on ever thinking I could be on a hormonal form of contraception. I had tried two other forms of birth control in the past, the first being Yaz which was the WORST thing ever. I swore off birth control for years thinking my body just couldn't handle it. I recently went back to my OBGYN just to see if there were ANY other last resort options for pills. She recomended Lyza becuase its low hormones, and I was hesitant at first but gave it a go. I have been on Lyza for almost a month now, I have had almost no spotting, no mood swings, no headaches, no troubles with blood clots/wheezing, nothing like my other experiences! Thank you Lyza!!! You literally saved the day, and hopefully everything continues to be awesome!"

3rd Try With Birth Control (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016