User Reviews for Lyza

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 6 reviews 109 medications

2.6
Summary of Lyza reviews 63 reviews 4.4

Reviews for Lyza

For Birth Control "LYZA BIRTH CONTROL These are the WORST birth control pills I have ever taken! I've only been taking them for a couple of weeks and I feel like a crazy person. I've been crying, (for no reason), been super depressed, my anxiety is terrible, along with daily headaches and break outs. I realize everyone's body reacts differently to medication, but I've read nothing but negative reviews. I can surely attest to that. I wouldn't advise anyone to take these. Absolutely awful."

Dana Salgado (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Lyza for one year. I just turned 41 and have no children. I was previously on Camrese and loved it-felt happy, confident and like my normal self but had to switch due to new smoking habit. Pros: I have not gotten pregnant. Cons: horrible mood swings, more acne than ever and I've always had great skin-this has made me more self-conscious than ever, lowered libido, I'm mean and nasty to my boyfriend for no reason and it seems uncontrollable. I have gained 30+ lbs but I also started methadone treatment around the same time so that could be the culprit. Perhaps my hormones but I stopped taking Lyza two days ago and will see doc soon to discuss options."

toasters September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Lyza since February 2016. I was previously on Nuva Ring (which was amazing when I was in my early 20s), but in my early 30s I started getting aura migraines and my body was physically rejecting the ring. My doctor put me on Lyza and the aura migraines went away, along with my period! I haven't had a period since March 2016. I of course take pregnancy test to be sure every once in awhile. I sometimes forget to take the pill, but I'll double up the next day, still no problems when I do that. All in all, it's a great birth control! No weight gain (but I can't seem to lose the last 10lbs...)."

AmberDP September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've only started taking lyza for two months now and I been having periods last for 20 days then a week free then back to three 20 day period. Periods are extremely heavy. It's been really annoying but I'm going to stick through for at least 6 months to see if this changes. I get no symptoms so far except a little breast tenderness so I'm happy about that."

Annon03 September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm sticking it out with Lyza though most times I don't know why. Everyone is different. So don't go crazy reading all these reviews. Try it and figure out for yourself if it is good for you or not. Unfortunately besides an IUD or a baby this is my only option for birthcontrol. I have had very irregular bleeding. The spotting is enough to drive anyone crazy. My boobs hurt like crazy sometimes. I feel pregnant but I am not. Maybe that's how this pill works I don't know. Also I scoured the reviews so don't know if any one has had this experience but I have had lite bleeding during/after sex. Figure out what's good for you. I wouldn't recommend this pill if you have other options."

Mlmlmlml (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm so glad I've finally found birth control that works for me. I can't do combination birth control pills at all because of it's negative side effects. It's been pretty great so far. Nothing has changed about my weight, I've actually started loosing a few pounds, but I am more active. I started it on the first day of my period and since then, I have had some spotting, but doesn't bother me. My next period on this pill was extremely light. My periods are usually heavy but it is a plus not to waste money on tampons anymore! Only downside is I do notice a few more acne breakouts at time, but it's better than having pregnancy scares! It's also great on that aspect, we only use this as birth control and I haven't gotten pregnant so :)"

Betsieboop (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This is the worst pill. First time I started taking these pills when I got my period I bled for 12 days straight, then months after that, I bled like normal probably a bit heavier than normal , the nurse told me when taking this pill your period will be light to no period some months, I have yet to see a light period. A few more months pass by then I started to gain weight and I mean a lot of weight it started coming on really fast I gained about 30 pounds in 8 months and there wasn't much pain, slight cramps and I was very moody and had increased libido I hardly got headaches but I was really bloated every single month like excessive gas every single month it was terrible until like three days ago I decided that enough was enough and stopped taking them"

Shaugherry July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Lyza for about 7 months now and I hate it. I literally am bleeding most of the month, and it's definitely not a normal period. I called my provider and they said it takes about 6 months for it to get regular again but I don't see that happening. My mood swings are horrible and I feel really anxious and depressed. Do not recommend this to anyone!"

Ashley366 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started on Lyza, February of 2017. My doctor told me, with Lyza you might not even get a period at all with these pills. (hints why they are all white pills) my periods where fine very, very light than normal but it didn't bother me. Now, I am two months late with no period, with period symptoms. I went to see my doctor because I got very sick (dehydrated) and I told her about my missed period which was late by two weeks at the time of my doctors visit. I did a urine test and blood work test on the same day, not pregnant. She then confirmed that Lyza, you won't have a period every 90 days. It's always been two months for me without a period. It hasn't made me moody but I did realize that you do gain a little weight."

Cabella (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Some of the reviews here seem to be misleading. What works for some women, may cause horrible side effects for others. I've tried a few different BC pills and even the Depo-Provera shot. My Dr. suggested I switch to Lyza because I was getting frequent migraines with the last pill I was on. I have not had a migraine since I switched to Lyza! It's been over a year since I switched and I haven't experienced any weight gain, change in mood, etc. Overall, I've had a wonderful experience with this birth control. Only downside is that my periods are inconsistent.. Sometimes I will go a couple months w/o one. But I also don't take it at the same time every day (oops!)"

Courtx3 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was extremely happy with my combination pill, but was forced to switch to Lyza about a month ago due to my aural migraines. The first three days on the new pill I was too nauseous to function. I've now had my period twice in less than a month and sore breasts since I started it. Aside from my skin improving slightly (which was unexpected), my weight remaining unaffected, and my mood staying much more balanced than when on estrogen, this pill is a nightmare physically."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've not had any side effects with lyza and I've been taking it for nearly a year. It's regulated my period and also help lessen the severity of my period, my main reason for taking it. While I can't speak on behalf of it actually being used for birth control, it does work wonders for everything else."

Kenidi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for a week (which I know isn't a long time but hear me out lol). I have not really experienced negative side effects at all. I waited to start it on the first day of my period to ensure that I wasn't pregnant and my period went on and cleared up as normal and expected. MAYBE just a tiny bit of bloating at times. I went on the mini pill because my body can not process estrogen at all. Immediately, I get horrible mood dives, I get painful cramps in my legs and arms from the high cortisol estrogen was causing me. In fact, on this pill my mood seems to have taken a turn for the better, I have more energy to do things and feel more mentally stable! Don't be scared off by reviews or discouraged from finding, everyone's different"

depressionandacne (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I do not like Lyza. Been making me gain weight and I haven't had my period in 2 months . And I KNOW I'm not pregnant because I haven't had sex in like 6-7 months."

Meissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I was given Lyza because of my migraines. Long story short as soon as i started taking it I've had problems. My migraines seem even worse. It made me really moody & depressed. Not to mention never having a break from my period if I'm lucky I get 5 days off at the most other than that I'm always on my period. I definitely would not recommend!"

xo.shortyy April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I use to have the mirena for 3 years but during the 3rd year I started having side effects so I got the Lyza pill because I have migraines. I started in October 2016 and I'm always bleeding I'll stop bleeding for a week and then start bleeding again my cramps are worse I get really depressed idk what to do - I don't want kids right now I'm married "

Calitatted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I always see bad reviews about Lyza but I've been taking it for almost a year and a half. I never really experienced bad side effects like bleeding for an extended period of time or weight gain. The only thing I've noticed was a very irregular period (mine was already irregular before I started) but it'll just be off by a week or so. If you are good with taking pills on time, I highly recommend!"

82929272Nicole (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Lyza because of my high blood pressure. I have been taking it now for 3 months. Everything was normal until this month. Normally, my cycle would last about 4 to 5 days with little to no cramps or bloating. I'm in my 3rd month and I have been bleeding for 14 days straight. This is not normal for me. I can do 7, but 14 days is to long. What is wrong with this pill?"

Bleeding for 14 days (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on lyza since 8/16...have had a normal heavy period every month since. Except for 1 month it was surprisingly light. This month it's a week early and I'm annoyed. Lyza has been hell. My boobs have been sore, acne at first but that's gone. My appetite is out of control. The only reason I started was to stop my period. My cramps have been the worst ever and more clots coming out then ever before."

Princess hendrixx February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been taking Lyza since December 5th, 2016. I have had vaginal bleeding since December 7th, 2017. Yes, that is 71 days straight! I have not had any other side effects from this pill but the bleeding is enough to do me in. I keep waiting to see if it will even out but again this week it is heavier then just spotting and showing no signs of slowing down. I have high blood pressure which is why I am on this pill but I don't think I can keep taking it much longer. So frustrated!!!!"

MNnicegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking Lyza on the second day of my period and it's been 2 weeks now I'm still bleeding. And this is the first time I have to take pain reliever on my period. Plus I'm gaining weight too.. this pills sucks"

Alex12 January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "If you want to bleed constantly, heavily, and unexpectedly, this is a great pill for you! You also get the bonus of horrible bloating, quick and noticeable weight gain ( I gained 15 pounds in 2 months, and I have an excellent diet). I can't have sex with my boyfriend because I am ALWAYS bleeding. So I feel low self esteem because I can't be intimate with the man I love, which makes me feel insanely sexually frustrated. This is a horrible birth control option. I took it at exactly 12 noon every day and never missed. I had a total mental breakdown this morning because I realized I have been bleeding for about a month and a half and I am fatter than I have ever been in my life."

Gloria8888 January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I just started taking this BC 3 weeks ago. (First time being on birth control) my period came a week ago and I'm still spotting. My cycle usually lasts for 5-6 days and it has always been irregular. But I'm not liking that my cycle length has increased. Other than that I've only had minor headaches compared to my usually intense headaches so that's a plus. And I get nausea once in a while, no vomiting though. I've decided to wait 2 more months to see if my symptoms or side effects change for the better.."

Phyllis102 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Once I started taking this my boobs got much bigger. Went for a B to a DD. I don't get nauseous like other birth control has made me but I get my period about 3 times a month.. and that really sucks."

Good and bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It's probably the best birth control I've taken so far! When I first started using bc, my doctor had put me on the standard combination pill (hormone with estrogen) and I had to be taken off it because it was giving me high blood pressure, that and along with a family history of high blood pressure. They suggested I start taking Lyza which is also known as a "mini" pill or "pop" since it only has the hormone present in it. I've been taking it for little over 2yrs. now and I have to say it's been great. I haven't had any major symptoms at all. My periods are practically nonexistent at this point and very irregular, which might be a little scary for some women who are not use to taking the pill."

Marie_D November 3, 2016