User Reviews for Lyza

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
2.1

Summary of Lyza reviews 5.6 85 reviews

Reviews for Lyza

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for almost three months. Since I’ve started it, my skin HATES me. I’ve been very moody as well. I take it every night at 10 pm and wake up every single morning feeling extremely gross and bloated. Definitely do not recommend this pill."

Kaypee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I didn’t get pregnant while on this pill, so that’s good. However, I had really bad cramps and heavy bleeding while on it. My periods usually aren’t that bad. Also, my skin was horrible. I rarely break out, but this gave me terrible acne. I’ve never had this bad of a reaction to any birth control pill."

not jaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for only 2 weeks! To sum it up, I had SEVERE abdominal pain along with awful nausea for a week straight. It prevented me from going into work. I had everything from dizziness to cold flashes. I was miserable on this pill. I gave it one star for ease of use and one more for pregnancy effectiveness. But honestly neither of those are worth it. Now that I am off of the pill as of yesterday, I have no more pain. This pill flushes out of your system exactly after 24 hours (so be sure to be especially on time with a POP pill) overall, I do not recommend Lyza, but keep in mind that everyone is different!"

Aubrey (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This stuff needs to be removed from the market! It’s so harmful and ages you fast!! I have dark racoon eyes, and dark marks all over my neck. Shortness of breath Horrible mood swings Horrible acne Enlarged poors And hair loss. Avoid this like THE PLAGUE!"

Ana (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Lyza for about 2 weeks now and it’s been fantastic no noticeable emotional changes aside from crying once to a goo goo dolls song (possibly from lack of sleep) but I honestly feel great. I'm really happy on this pill. Other pills I have been on in the past have worsened my depression to the point the I just stopped taking birth control for over a year and a half. Another perk is my boobs are noticeable bigger already!"

Girlinafrogsuit (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking Lyza for heavy periods and fibroids to avoid surgery. After the sixth day on it, my period started again and it's so heavy I soak through TWO 10-hr pads in an hour, and there's some clots too. I'm stopping today and finding another solution this is crazy."

tiredofit (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Birth Control "Lyza has been a very good first pill. I looked up this forum right when I got the pill and started freaking out, but honestly it’s different for everyone. For the first months, my emotions were all over the place, and I was kinda going out insane and crying a lot. Then I had a bit of annoying spotting for around 3 months. But honestly it was super manageable and it’s gone now. My periods went from 8 days and very heavy cramping, to 3 and basically only a teensy bit of pain the first day. Pregnancy wise, I’m five months in and not pregnant, waiting on my period right now actually. I have noticed some weight gain, but most of it has gone to my boobs and thighs, I’ve been going to the gym a lot so some of it’s muscle. Just remember pills are different for everyone, and for me this was a very good stepping stone."

Anna (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill in April 2017. It made me dizzy for 8 months. I had to take time off of work during the months that made me the most dizzy. I even thought I had vertigo at some point. The dizziness finally went away but I started to get my period twice a month. At this very moment, I'm on my period and have been on it for the past 2 weeks. This is the most insane bc pill ever."

Beckers (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly not sure how to rate this pill. As far as preventing pregnancy it has been 10/10. I have unprotected sex with my partner regularly since being on it, over a year now & haven’t had any pregnancy scares. However, prior to being on the pill, I had absolutely no cramps, period lasted only 3 days, emotionally I was pretty calm & stable. Since being on the pill my cramps are unbearable, my period is not regular & sometimes last 2 weeks. There have been times I will spot for weeks instead of having a period which can be confusing. It also causes my skin to breakout whereas before my acne was under control. I suffer from migraines & are at risk of a stroke so I can only take a POP. I’m just not sure where I stand with this pill. I know for the first 6 months these changes are normal but it’s been over a year & every time my period rolls around, whenever that may be since it’s now a mystery to me, I’m a complete emotional in pain wreck. but at least I’m not pregnant I guess."

Gabrielle May 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this method of birth control for approximately 5 months. It was effective as birth control, but the side effects surprised me. Tearful and angry, my reaction with the medication was definitely not overall positive. Some days were better than others, but most days were a struggle. I’ve been off the medicine for less than a week and my mood is already much more stabilized."

Bri (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

For Birth Control "OK so I'm giving this birth control a 5 star because it didn't make me have any abnormal bleeding/periods, no nausea or vomiting which was an issue with my last bc BUT one side effect they didn't list that I had was becoming so very crazy. I was non stop crying everyday, picking fights with my boyfriend everyday (which was not the case a month ago), literally I have never felt so crazy in my life. If you are a very calm and collected person then this pill can definitely be for you, but if you are already a little cray do not take unless you want to be sent to a mental hospital."

Vanessa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Birth Control "Everyone's body is different when taking any contraceptives of course so not everyone will experience the same symptoms. It's good to try something out for good three months and let your body adjust to the synthetic hormones. I personally experienced spotting for the first two months on and off for couple weeks and it has gotten better since I allowed the pills to do their job. I don't spot anymore, my periods are light if not any at. I've been taking Lyza for 6 months and it works for me. If your someone who has family history of high blood pressure and experienced myself as well, I recommend this pill for people who will take it on time at the same time each day. Do your research first, educate yourself and know what's best for "you"."

Tatiana N (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Lyza broke me out terribly from the time I started it. Never have I had such severe acne in all my life. Also, my period was always regular, but thanks to this pill it came at the worst times (always random and unexpected). Gave me a terrible yeast infection And I will never take this medicine again. Worst birth control I've ever taken."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was given this pill as my only option for birth control pills because of my family's history of blood clots. I have currently been on this pill for 4 years and my body has not felt the same since. The first year consisted of heavy clotting and irregular bleeding. I also experienced high levels of mood swings and weight gain. I hate this pill and without insurance, I am left with very few options. I then decided to cut back and take my pills a couple times a week. I have seen small improvements but nothing major. I would never, in my life recommend this pill to anyone. So please, if you have other options. Make this your last choice."

Chapner (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Started this birth control about 7 months ago. I love it I did spot and have 7 day periods for the first couple months, but I haven’t got my period since. I love it, doesn’t make me feel sick, and since I switched to this birth control I haven’t had one yeast infection, which was very common with my birth control before. I’m very happy with it!"

:) January 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill gave me a period that wouldn't stop for two months...basically my period stopped after I stopped taking the pill. I experienced severe pain and bloating like I've never experienced before. I mean toppled over in bed kind of pain. I went to the emergency room twice. No one could figure out what was wrong with me. I finally realized that the symptoms started after I started taking the pill. This pill is scary. I hope that there isn't any long term damage to my body after taking this pill. All the pain, bloating and blood stopped after I stopped taking it, so that's good at least. But I am definitely worried about any long term damage this pill might have caused."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I posted earlier when I started and now it's been about 6 months so thought I'd update. After 3 months the non stop bleeding and spotting did stop. I have gained some weight but nothing that isn't manageable. Also the bleeding during sex. My period hasn't stopped tho, and I get it monthly usually with in the same week. Usually a few days later than the last. The biggest symptom I have had though is that my boobs two weeks after my period will hurt so bad. So bad and last till my period comes. Doc recommended small dose of evening primrose, of sodium tablets. Might give it a try. If you can stick out and your body isn't telling you to give up after 3 months it does get a little better. Least for me...."

Mlmlmlmlmlml December 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched to this birth control from Yaz because I’ve experienced aural migraines in the past- even though the Yaz helped them go away and made my periods lighter. My doctor claimed she still couldn’t prescribe it to me and prescribed me Lyza instead. I’ve been on it for 2 months and decided that I would honestly rather just risk getting pregnant until I can find a different doctor (I’m married and we’re open to having more children). This is the worst birth control I have ever experienced. On top of the fact that I bleed heavily nonstop, I have zero control of my emotions. These past two months have been a nightmare. Although, everyone reacts differently to medication, I would certainly never recommend this birth control to anyone."

MaryMay88 November 21, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am glad I came across this page. I too have had a terrible experience with this pill. I started them to control my periods and abnormal bleeding however, I have been bleeding for nearly 5 months with only a total 16 days of no bleeding. They have been heavy and clotted. I was told that it would take three months for my periods to taper off but it is just as bad now as it was 5 months ago. I have not experienced any weight gain however on the days where I was not bleeding I was very bloated. I even went to a couple of doctors thinking that I may have a serious medical condition but they found nothing. Now I know that I am not the only one who is having this problem. I have quit taking them and will be switching to a different brand"

Caligirl40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on the Lyza mini-pill for a year and a half now. If you are like me and are bleeding way more often than your not DO NOT listen to your doctor. I bleed for 3-5 weeks and then I will get a week (maybe 2) if I'm lucky of no bleeding. I am constantly bloated and severely crampy. All I can do is lay with a heating pad to get some relief. And when I say bleeding....I mean HEAVY from start to finish. I use at least 3 super size tampons a day because I bleed through them. My doctor however says its "normal". Idk what the hell their definition of normal is but this is NOT it!"

Jess sw November 10, 2017

For Birth Control "Honestly, I haven't had any trouble with Lyza. I did get some slight nausea the first two week of taking it, and my boobs where sore for the first two months but they also grew to a nice handful - I had rather small boobs before, so it was a nice perk. Since then I haven't had any trouble in the last four months of taking it. I've tried to take other pills before, but I have chronic GI problems and the estrogen always made me super sick. I can't afford to not be able to tell if I'm vomiting due to my GI problems or my pill, seeing as one could be harmless while the other could potentially - in an extreme - kill me. So my doctor recommended I get on a progesterone only pill. Over all, my experience with Lyza has been good despite a bad rap"

Anon 1 November 3, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I hate this pill I won't get pregnant because I won't stop bleeding to even have sex this is a headache. I have been bleeding light to med for about 2 weeks this has been happening for a very long time I be happy if I can go 5 days w/o blood don't take this pill if you can help it"

Anonymous October 11, 2017

For Birth Control "LYZA BIRTH CONTROL These are the WORST birth control pills I have ever taken! I've only been taking them for a couple of weeks and I feel like a crazy person. I've been crying, (for no reason), been super depressed, my anxiety is terrible, along with daily headaches and break outs. I realize everyone's body reacts differently to medication, but I've read nothing but negative reviews. I can surely attest to that. I wouldn't advise anyone to take these. Absolutely awful."

Dana Salgado (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Lyza for one year. I just turned 41 and have no children. I was previously on Camrese and loved it-felt happy, confident and like my normal self but had to switch due to new smoking habit. Pros: I have not gotten pregnant. Cons: horrible mood swings, more acne than ever and I've always had great skin-this has made me more self-conscious than ever, lowered libido, I'm mean and nasty to my boyfriend for no reason and it seems uncontrollable. I have gained 30+ lbs but I also started methadone treatment around the same time so that could be the culprit. Perhaps my hormones but I stopped taking Lyza two days ago and will see doc soon to discuss options."

toasters September 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Lyza since February 2016. I was previously on Nuva Ring (which was amazing when I was in my early 20s), but in my early 30s I started getting aura migraines and my body was physically rejecting the ring. My doctor put me on Lyza and the aura migraines went away, along with my period! I haven't had a period since March 2016. I of course take pregnancy test to be sure every once in awhile. I sometimes forget to take the pill, but I'll double up the next day, still no problems when I do that. All in all, it's a great birth control! No weight gain (but I can't seem to lose the last 10lbs...)."

AmberDP September 8, 2017