User Reviews for Nafarelin

Also known as: Synarel

Endometriosis   8.8

Rosa January 4, 2021

Synarel (nafarelin) for Endometriosis: “After a good 2 months my body would not take the medication so I was told to double my dose. Although not being in pain, I get the hot flushes, dizziness, sweats and ache 2 times worse than before. Not sure what to do haha over”

endo_three · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2019

Synarel (nafarelin) for Endometriosis: “Even though my surgeon removed all of the Endometriosis, I still suffered from excruciating pain once my body began to cycle. The pain prevented me from functioning for months, regardless of menstruation. No other treatment (the pill, IUDs) helped. I wanted it to be over it was so awful. Right now, I'm in my fourth month of using Synarel. Recently, I started experiencing hot flashes and nausea. These side effects are annoying, but common with hormonal changes. I'm willing to accept these side effects for the benefits. This drug saved my life. This drug is helping to give me my life back. I wish it was a little less expensive, but I'll suck it up to be out of pain.”

Nurse Paula June 17, 2019

Synarel (nafarelin) for Endometriosis: “I couldn’t function due to endo/PMDD/migraines until 2014. The first month or 2 on Synarel were difficult to tolerate because it stimulates hormone production, stirs up endo implants. All the months after that are have been pain-free. I use Synarel with low level add-back; estrogen (.0375 mcg patch) twice daily and compounded natural progesterone lozenges (200 mg ). I chose Synarel over Lupron because it’s so easy to reverse - you’re not stuck for a month or 3. The add-back reduces bone loss and menopausal side effects. If you have trouble remembering to take meds, compliance might be problematic- it’s a Twice daily Med. On the other hand, if you’re desperate enough to be reading this post, you’re probably quite motivated. The only problem is cost, $2500-$5000. I’m fortunate to have a neuroendocrinologist who has argued my case well enough to secure ongoing coverage.”

Vertella · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2018

Synarel (nafarelin) for Endometriosis: “Wow reading all the comments on this nasal spray I had no choice but to share my experience. I have been a migraine sufferer most of my life until a year ago they just got worse, vomiting bile to the point I should have gone to hospital but I knew its a hormone thing and I knew the symptoms and what was going to unfold. I had enough of it all. I was leaving for a Europe trip and I didn't want this to happen while I was over there. I thank my Prof for putting me on synarel nasal spray July this year I haven't had one headache and no period. I only got sick when I had a period my oestrogen dropped to quickly hence my vomiting. First 2 months I was having hot flashers and my libido has changed but I rather have the hot flashes than being in bed for days.”

Shell · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 25, 2018

Synarel (nafarelin) for Endometriosis: “I used Synarel twice years apart after major clean out of my endometriosis and it worked quite well at suppressing further growth. I was put on it after the major surgeries were preformed and i was able to get 2 good years out of each 6 month course without major issues. I will say it was blamed for 2 stress fractures in my feet (2 years apart) due to loss of calcium but healed ok after being air casted 6 weeks. Only drawback from Synarel was the drug induced menopause which the hot flashes were SEVERE..no periods for 8 months from each drug course was wonderful.”

Anonymous November 30, 2009

Synarel (nafarelin) for Endometriosis: “Synarel worked well for preventing endometriosis, but some of the side effects appear to be irreversible. Since taking this drug over 15 years ago, I gained 55 pounds while on the prescription which I have been unable to lose and also developed a bad case of rosacea during that time. Definitely check out the possible side effects before taking any medication.”

Anonymous March 14, 2008

Synarel (nafarelin) for Endometriosis: “Synarel has been a god send for me in many ways. It helped with pain and had much fewer side effects than depo lupron. I felt like myself again while taking the synarel and it helped suppress the endo for over 2 years.”