User Reviews for Nadolol to treat Migraine Prevention

Also known as: Corgard

Nadolol has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Migraine Prevention. 74% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Nadolol Rating Summary

7.7/10 average rating

Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Nadolol

MJS7660 May 18, 2015

“I had debilitating migraines for 8 years. I've been on quite a few preventative meds and rescue medications and none have done what nadolol has done for me. I am on 40mg/daily and have gone from daily migraines to possibly 3 "headaches" a month. I can usually treat the headache with an OTC, which is heavenly. I have my life back because of nadolol. I have been free of nausea, vomiting, neck pain, neck tightness, for the last 5 months since using this medicine. I do experience dizziness at times, but I will take that over a migraine and vomiting, any day! I wish I knew about nadolol 8 years ago when my migraines started, but I'm thankful my new neurologist prescribed this to me right away!”

BeccaTB August 24, 2016

“I have had migraines for the last 10 years. At first Excedrin Migraine worked, but when it stopped working, I took sumatriptan 100mg instead. In the last 2-3 years, I was getting migraines up to 14 days a month so I saw a neurologist for a preventative medication. I first tried nortriptyline which did not work. Then I tried nadolol 20 mg/day and ramped up to 40mg/day. Within the first few weeks of being on it, migraine frequency and severity was reduced. I have been on 40 mg/day for 4 months now and have only had about one headache per month. I also have a head tremor which has reduced slightly. I feel a bit lightheaded at times, but that side effect is minor. Wish I would have tried nadolol years ago. Migraines don't run my life anymore.”

Happppy May 3, 2014

“I had 7-12 migraines a month and 4 months ago I started taking nadolol 10mg/day (I take half a tablet) and now I get 2 or 3 headaches a month and they are not really migraines, more like tension headaches. It has been wonderful. I felt better after the first week taking it after trying different meds for over 5 years.”

E. Buckley April 15, 2012

“I used to suffer severe migraines that lasted 2-3 days each, at a frequency of at least 2 per week, before I started taking nadolol. After an initial 40mg daily dosage, this frequency dropped to only 3-4 a month, and the duration and intensity of each episode also dropped off markedly, usually lasting no more than a few hours. Now I take an 80mg dosage, and have had none since. As far as side effects go, my blood pressure has dropped from 140/90 to 110/80, putting it in a better position than it was anyway. In addition, I had a mild form of Raynaud's disease before taking it which has been exacerbated, but not to any uncomfortable degree. In conclusion, it is no stretch to say that nadolol completely changed my life. I highly recommend it.”

Len123 September 11, 2009

“I've been using Nadolol (40 mg) daily now for over 3 years. I had suffered from daily migraines for about 2 years and had tried everything. The neurologists at Johns Hopkins prescribed this regime. I seldom have anything close to a migraine now and my blood pressure is a consistent 120/80. It has worked for me.”

Marjieoc February 25, 2012

Corgard (nadolol): “Forbade was one of the first drugs prescribed for me by the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. It seems to have reduced the frequency and severity of my chronic daily migraines. I've been taking it for about 18 years.”

Susie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 16, 2020

“I had a 30+ history of migraines occurring 3-5x a month. Tried SO many different drugs and therapies over the years. Finally two years ago I was prescribed Nadolol 40mg. daily and I have been migraine free since. It truly was life changing!”

dlundy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 2, 2013

“I have been taking Nadolol for years and yes, it has helped with the migraines. I broke my neck a number of years ago and the migraines where one of the results. They put me on Nadolol at the time and has gotten rid of the migraines being every day. That said, it has taken me 6 years to realize that other severe pain that I was having was not diagnosed properly as it was Nadolol. It is not well put out there so, be aware of this. Left arm pain, leg pain, swelling in the legs. Body pain when you awake. The side effects are bad if you get them.”

brighteyes21gem January 18, 2010

“My husband was prescribed this medication for his migraines because he gets one almost everyday and they almost cripple him. I had advised him not to take it because it also will reduce his blood pressure which was already almost to low, (which is just because he was born with a smaller heart). We called his doctor and told them that he was worried about it and asked about our other concerns. In which the doctor then told him there is nothing to worry about and that he will be just fine. As of last night he took his 3rd dose of this medication. Right now he is in the hospital ICU department because when he went in earlier his heart rate was between 30 and 40. If you have any problems with your heart rate or pressure, talk to a pharmacist.”

bubs1158 · Taken for 10 years or more November 24, 2012

“I have been taking 40mg/day of Nadolol for 13 years and except for some tingling fingers and feeling more cold than usual, it's been great. Some would not be happy with my results because my migraine FREQUENCY has not changed, but now an Excedrin Migraine or cup of coffee will work wonders in less than an hour. My heart rate is in the 50s but I don't notice. One of the life changes I did make though, is cutting out caffeine in my diet. This is important so when I DO get a headache, the caffeine in the Excedrin or coffee really gives me a punch. I tried weaning off Nadolol years ago but the Excedrin wouldn't do the trick anymore.”

Paige · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 10, 2018

Corgard (nadolol): “Now 42, I took Corgard for migraines when I was a very healthy and active 14yr old. It did not help with migraines, but did leave me with lifelong low blood pressure and heart palpitations. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone. It has impacted my ability to do anything that gets my heart rate up significantly. I am, and always have been very physically active and in shape. So my lifelong issues from taking this medication does not come from lifestyle choices”

Piglet · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2020

“I have been taken nadolol for a period of 4 mths for my migraines. I have definitely improved from 2 migraines a week to 1 a month. My heartbeat is at 48 but it’s not causing me any probs. I have just started to get a rash down my back which I believe has come on from this drug but my doc is saying no worries! We will see.”

cherchers November 6, 2008

“I was having migraines 3 x a week, blinding ones 1 x a week. After 8 weeks on Nadolol I have only had one headache, which I treated with Advil. It's wonderful.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2012

“I have been on nadolol for 6 weeks now and I am still getting headaches. My dose is now 80mg but I am afraid. I feel a bit winded and short of breath, has anyone felt like this before?”

twocat2 December 26, 2008

“I've been taking this for 9 weeks - on 40mg daily. No headache - after having daily headaches for almost a year.”

twocat2 February 22, 2009

“I've been taking this since late October - on 40mg daily. No headaches now - after having weekly headaches for almost a year. My last headache was October 23, 2008”

BouJettoB · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2017

“Definitely helps the migraines but not my waistband =(. Ever since I started taking Corgard, I keep packing weight on.”

LOR · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

“I had 8 migraines a month before taking nadolol and only one the month I took it. Fantastic improvement but not worth the abdominal cramping, insomnia and light headedness on standing up.”

Lenda · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2018

“It helps to prevent a migraine but not all the time.”

Rdeye · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 15, 2016

“Has anyone had an increased # of migrns with Nadolol ? I had to stop 3 times due to # of h/a going up. Could hv been a fluke, .......too much of a correlation though...”