User Reviews for Nadolol

High Blood Pressure 5.5
Summary of Nadolol reviews 8.0 35 reviews

Reviews for Nadolol

LOR · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

For Migraine Prevention: “I had 8 migraines a month before taking nadolol and only one the month I took it. Fantastic improvement but not worth the abdominal cramping, insomnia and light headedness on standing up.”

Susie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 16, 2020

For Migraine Prevention: “I had a 30+ history of migraines occurring 3-5x a month. Tried SO many different drugs and therapies over the years. Finally two years ago I was prescribed Nadolol 40mg. daily and I have been migraine free since. It truly was life changing!”

Paige · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 10, 2018

Corgard (nadolol) for Migraine Prevention: “Now 42, I took Corgard for migraines when I was a very healthy and active 14yr old. It did not help with migraines, but did leave me with lifelong low blood pressure and heart palpitations. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone. It has impacted my ability to do anything that gets my heart rate up significantly. I am, and always have been very physically active and in shape. So my lifelong issues from taking this medication does not come from lifestyle choices”

BadMed · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “If you want to suffer 24/7 with chest pain and it will cause a heart attack if you stop taking it suddenly. My BP will on this med was 183/110. It took a year to get off this med without killing me and now my BP is 142/80. This medication will feel like it will kill you, but you will suffer first!!! I was pooping blood from this medication!!!”

Lenda · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: “It helps to prevent a migraine but not all the time.”

Dana_astana December 21, 2017

Corgard (nadolol) for Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I live in /kazakhstan and I have been using gorgard for 8 years. I have a disease called Catecholaminergic Ventricular tachycardia (CPVT). And corgard is really works. It has lowest side effects. Unfortunatelly it isn't registered in our country. I have to buy it in Russia and the other countries. Thanks for distributors. But as a wish, it would be great to register corgard in our country.”

BouJettoB · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2017

For Migraine Prevention: “Definitely helps the migraines but not my waistband =(. Ever since I started taking Corgard, I keep packing weight on.”

Quando62 · Taken for 10 years or more July 23, 2017

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “Have had SVT episodes for over 35 years. IN 1998 my BP jumped up suddenly, so I was prescribed 20mg Nadolol. Worked great on lowering my BP. I have been in the ER several times over the years with SVT attacks, had to have my heart reset a couple times. When the racing kicks in, I can bring it back down with two or three 40mg tablets and avoid the hospital. Helps anxiety and headaches for me as well. Have been on other BP meds that did nothing, but Nadolol is a special med with my body...”

nurse_momma · Taken for 10 years or more June 21, 2017

For Benign Essential Tremor: “I started this drug 15+ years ago after trying Inderol, Metroprol and others. It completely controls my tremors, helps my migraines and also helps with PVC's in my heart rate. I started taking 40mg twice a day, but it has increased to 80 mg twice a day. I have gone off this and tried other drugs and they did not work as well.”

ThankyouNadalol · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 23, 2017

For Esophageal Variceal Hemorrhage Prophylaxis: “I have almost bled to death due to esophageal varicies, and not only did the Nadalol make me feel stronger but every time I have dealt with the condition simply by using this miracle pill and nothing else, the bleeding quickly stopped. I'm not sure if this is just a happy coincidence, but I doubt it because the results were consistently positive.”

Rdeye · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 15, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: “Has anyone had an increased # of migrns with Nadolol ? I had to stop 3 times due to # of h/a going up. Could hv been a fluke, .......too much of a correlation though...”

BeccaTB August 24, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: “I have had migraines for the last 10 years. At first Excedrin Migraine worked, but when it stopped working, I took sumatriptan 100mg instead. In the last 2-3 years, I was getting migraines up to 14 days a month so I saw a neurologist for a preventative medication. I first tried nortriptyline which did not work. Then I tried nadolol 20 mg/day and ramped up to 40mg/day. Within the first few weeks of being on it, migraine frequency and severity was reduced. I have been on 40 mg/day for 4 months now and have only had about one headache per month. I also have a head tremor which has reduced slightly. I feel a bit lightheaded at times, but that side effect is minor. Wish I would have tried nadolol years ago. Migraines don't run my life anymore.”

Laura E. February 16, 2016

For Benign Essential Tremor: “I was on Primidone for essential tremor, up to 150 mg/day and the tremor was still breaking through. I asked my doc if we could add a beta blocker b/c I'd read that they help with tremor and also knock down migraine. Added 20 mg Nadolol per day. This did the trick - tremor almost completely controlled and migraines decreased dramatically, two for the price of one. I've been on these drugs at this dosage for about 10 years. Very pleased. The only side effect is that my tinnitus ramped up. It drives me nuts, but not as nuts as the tremor and migraines did. I did get checked out by a hearing specialist to make sure I wasn't losing my hearing.”

MJS7660 May 18, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: “I had debilitating migraines for 8 years. I've been on quite a few preventative meds and rescue medications and none have done what nadolol has done for me. I am on 40mg/daily and have gone from daily migraines to possibly 3 "headaches" a month. I can usually treat the headache with an OTC, which is heavenly. I have my life back because of nadolol. I have been free of nausea, vomiting, neck pain, neck tightness, for the last 5 months since using this medicine. I do experience dizziness at times, but I will take that over a migraine and vomiting, any day! I wish I knew about nadolol 8 years ago when my migraines started, but I'm thankful my new neurologist prescribed this to me right away!”

Quando62 · Taken for 10 years or more April 5, 2015

Corgard (nadolol) for High Blood Pressure: “Only blood pressure medicine that has EVER worked for many heart problems for me. Keeps my pulse down around 55 to 60. Knocks out heart palpitations as well a works for A-FIB and MVP.”

pepitaJones · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 28, 2014

For Anxiety: “Prescribed this medicine to prevent migraines, but have anxiety. I'm answering the other posted question regarding dizziness when getting up and sweating. Yes and yes. I often feel hot or excessively sweaty and the dizziness comes and goes. Did not know this would help anxiety.”

G61 August 22, 2014

For Esophageal Variceal Hemorrhage Prophylaxis: “Nadalol helps with anxiety for sure. Didn't know it had esophageal varicies prophylactic benefits.”

Happppy May 3, 2014

For Migraine Prevention: “I had 7-12 migraines a month and 4 months ago I started taking nadolol 10mg/day (I take half a tablet) and now I get 2 or 3 headaches a month and they are not really migraines, more like tension headaches. It has been wonderful. I felt better after the first week taking it after trying different meds for over 5 years.”

Momof2inAZ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 1, 2013

For Anxiety: “I was prescribed nadolol for anxiety and thought it wasn't going to work as I have been on Xanax and Klonopin to treat anxiety attacks in the past. I started on 20mg 2x a day and was moved up to 40mg 2x a day. It has helped to an extent, I still have anxiety but they are a lot less frequent then they used to be. I do however have some side effects from this medication that the Dr. dont seem to be too concerned about and I was wondering if anyone else who is taking this medication for anxiety have had them. I get very lightheaded or dizzy if I get up from a lying position and have to wait a few minuets before I get up and sweats. Anyone else have these side effects?”

dlundy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 2, 2013

For Migraine Prevention: “I have been taking Nadolol for years and yes, it has helped with the migraines. I broke my neck a number of years ago and the migraines where one of the results. They put me on Nadolol at the time and has gotten rid of the migraines being every day. That said, it has taken me 6 years to realize that other severe pain that I was having was not diagnosed properly as it was Nadolol. It is not well put out there so, be aware of this. Left arm pain, leg pain, swelling in the legs. Body pain when you awake. The side effects are bad if you get them.”

bubs1158 · Taken for 10 years or more November 24, 2012

For Migraine Prevention: “I have been taking 40mg/day of Nadolol for 13 years and except for some tingling fingers and feeling more cold than usual, it's been great. Some would not be happy with my results because my migraine FREQUENCY has not changed, but now an Excedrin Migraine or cup of coffee will work wonders in less than an hour. My heart rate is in the 50s but I don't notice. One of the life changes I did make though, is cutting out caffeine in my diet. This is important so when I DO get a headache, the caffeine in the Excedrin or coffee really gives me a punch. I tried weaning off Nadolol years ago but the Excedrin wouldn't do the trick anymore.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2012

For Migraine Prevention: “I have been on nadolol for 6 weeks now and I am still getting headaches. My dose is now 80mg but I am afraid. I feel a bit winded and short of breath, has anyone felt like this before?”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2012

Corgard (nadolol) for Angina: “It is very useful for angina patient. It will not cause any side effects.”

E. Buckley April 15, 2012

For Migraine Prevention: “I used to suffer severe migraines that lasted 2-3 days each, at a frequency of at least 2 per week, before I started taking nadolol. After an initial 40mg daily dosage, this frequency dropped to only 3-4 a month, and the duration and intensity of each episode also dropped off markedly, usually lasting no more than a few hours. Now I take an 80mg dosage, and have had none since. As far as side effects go, my blood pressure has dropped from 140/90 to 110/80, putting it in a better position than it was anyway. In addition, I had a mild form of Raynaud's disease before taking it which has been exacerbated, but not to any uncomfortable degree. In conclusion, it is no stretch to say that nadolol completely changed my life. I highly recommend it.”

Marjieoc February 25, 2012

Corgard (nadolol) for Migraine Prevention: “Forbade was one of the first drugs prescribed for me by the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. It seems to have reduced the frequency and severity of my chronic daily migraines. I've been taking it for about 18 years.”