User Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

Pulmonary Fibrosis 1 reviews 2 medications
Summary of Mycophenolate mofetil reviews 8.1 48 reviews

Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

damandalyn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 6, 2020

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: “Cellcept is easier on your kidneys than Prograf so that is a plus. It can increase your risk of cancer which is scary. But if I had the choice I would be on Cellcept instead of Prednisone. It does cause depression and anxiety for some people and I am one of them. But almost all of the transplant drugs do. Prednisone seems to be the worst of the bunch though. Weight gain, blood pressure goes up some on this, insomnia, tiredness is a big one. But you have to take something. I don't know about all of the alternatives to this drug, but if it doesn't work then ask. I will say my biggest problem with the drug has been that I developed the BK virus which is dangerous and I had to come off of Cellcept to allow body to fight the virus. So that is something to watch. Take your pills - it is better than rejection or damage. But always ask for alternatives. Pricey so go with generic!”

Odette · Taken for 10 years or more March 9, 2020

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): “I have been taking 3000 mg a day of Cellcept for at least 10 yrs, and the older I get, the more side effects effect me, or maybe the progression has finely outlasted the effectiveness of the medication. But its all good; and I'm still alive!! Cellcept has given me a better quality of life, and is worth the risks.”

Emmy · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 2, 2020

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: “I have been on Mycophenolate mofetil for 3 years after having a major reaction to Imuran. This drug plus Budesonide has my autoimmune hepatitis under control and my liver functions are in the normal category.”

kt November 19, 2019

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): “I'v had SLE lupus with nephritis for over 10 years. Cellcept is a miracle drug for me. It is the only drug that stops protein loss in my kidneys, it stops my hair loss and aching bones. My skin issues are severe and Cellcept with plaquenil truly has cleared the constant issues, I used to have rashes and hives nonstop. 4 months on this drug, and it cleared up. The side effects are present though: insomnia, extreme fatigue (I can sleep 10 hours if not setting an alarm), digestive problems (I went plant based to stop the IBS from this drug, and it is now manageable). You will be immunosuppressed - I had an infection that left me in the ICU. You have to take care of your body when you are on this drug. Wash your hands, eat HEALTHY, do not be around sick people. Everyone in your life needs to get the flu shot. any deep cleaning at the dentist or oral surgery means you have to be on antibiotics because your body is just slow to heal itself on cellcept. The side effects are worth it though.”

Upset September 7, 2018

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: “The Insurance company is stating that a drug I have been on for years "is that it’s not for my Heart Transplant". I’m taking Mycophenolate acid and they don’t want to pay for it !! Cigna part D is giving us a hard time. We have sent 3 appeals and had three denials. ”

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2018

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: “Scared of Auto Immune Hepatitis so hoping this generic CellCept works”

Dogsbody · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 23, 2018

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: “Increase from 1g to 1.5g twice a day has given me indegistion. Otherwise OK”

Bobbie Hunter January 1, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have Giant cell arteritis and was on methotrexate to support lowering prednisone but that was replaced by lefludomide and Cell Cef but it is early days to see its effectiveness”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2017

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: “Known at this time.”

Cobus · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 26, 2017

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: “Had heart transplant 8 years ago an have been on cellcept & prograf . 500mg cellcept & 1mg program a day and feeling excellent with no side effects . ”

lmchays · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 17, 2017

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Nephrotic Syndrome: “I have Scleroderma, I have been very fortunate, I have had no side effects. CellCept saved my life.My lungs were being destroyed rapidly by my scleroderma. After I started on CellCept my lungs have not gotten any worse in over 5 years.”

Very happy in the UK · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 5, 2017

For Myasthenia Gravis: “I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis ten years ago. Apart from the usual prednisolone and Mestinon I was eventually prescribed azathioprine, which I had to stop almost immediately because of liver reactions, and then methotrexate up to the highest recommended dosage.. However, after 6 years this appeared to have no effect in reducing the use of prednisolone, which had increased to a daily dosage of 40-50mg daily, causing severe eye problems in the form of glaucoma and cataracts, and at the beginning of 2016 my neurologist consultant put me onto Cellcept. One year later I am now down to just 5mg prednisolone daily (continuing to reduce) have stopped Mestinon completely and am feeling much improved.”

luvstory · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 29, 2017

For Myasthenia Gravis: “I have been taking Cellcept or Mofetil for I think 10 years. I take no Prednesone or Mestinone. I am nearly symptom free. After I had taken Cellcept for about a year. I thought I was cured and quit taking the drug. A few months I crashed. It took 6 months to recover. I find Cellcept or generic far more preferable than Prednisone. Prednisone makes me crazy and can't sleep. Cellcept takes a while to work. That is I think because it has to get into the marrow of the bones where the B cells make the antibodies that attack neurotransmitters. I am extremely upset that medicare is trying to take this away. They just sent me a letter denying coverage. A crash from this drug nearly put me in the hospital. The drug studies appear stupid”

nonickname · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2016

For Bullous Pemphigoid: “Was prescribed this for bullous pemphigoid. It did not work for it at all, but at least had no bad side effects that I noticed. Pharmacy switched my rx to the generic (I did not mind).”

Shining Star · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I have Sj”

tcadle March 13, 2016

For Myasthenia Gravis: “crashed this time last year couldn't swallow and lungs failed. ICU 28 days and rehab 14 on 2000 cellcept with 10/5 predisone and mestanon(sp) back to normal after 6 months and hope to get down to 5 mg daily of predisone but wonder how long I can take cellcept I have VA but not a lot of MG experience at my VA Hospital Good luck to everyone.”

42dubbs February 3, 2016

For Myasthenia Gravis: “I was on Imuran for about 20 years for MG. but it blood tests begin to show liver damage. I went to 20 MG of prednisone a few months until it was reduced to 10 MG, then 5 MG. I relapsed again and increased to 60 MG by the end of 2014. Began taking 400MG Celcept while decreasing prednisone. Happily off prednisone October 2015, with no signs of MG. Prednisone destroys protein so I was weak and had gained 25 pounds. January 2016, still on cellcept and back to normal weight. However am weak, ache, and sleep little. These are possible side affects of cellcept. And will be looking for a solution. On a daily basis it beats the heck out of prednisone.”

RQr June 11, 2015

For Myasthenia Gravis: “very expensive once you hit the donut hole..but it does help”

subsisting · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 23, 2015

For Myasthenia Gravis: “The normal treatment of Prednisone & Mestinon became ineffective. My neurologist asked for me to try CellCept. I was placed on 1000 mg twice a day. It has been a God send. My eyes and face cleared up and my vision improved. This year, I was forced into Obama Care and the government panel has rejected me the use of it. I would be forced to personally pay an extremely high price for it.”

Jellojb April 13, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “With the mycophenolate mofetil I take 500 MG Tabs, 3 tablets two times a day. I find it makes me drowsy and nauseous. Plus, right now, it’s not helping the pain in my hands and fingers.”

Smed October 17, 2014

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Nephrotic Syndrome: “I was reluctant to take this medication but essentially had no choice when faced with the possibility of losing my kidneys. It saved my kidneys and also helped greatly with my other SLE symptoms (joint pain, neuropathy and lung issues to name a few). I also can't tolerate steroids, so luckily CellCept combined with Plaquenil has kept things under control without having to add Prednisone in the mix. I did experience some issues with dizziness, hair loss and insomnia, but they have tapered off after being on it for a year now; still have problems sleeping at times though and am now experiencing some anxiety. I'm also concerned about the long term effects ie. lymphoma risks and it's very expensive, but overall it saved my life.”

3rd times the charm · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 15, 2014

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: “I have had 3 Kidney Transplants and I've been on Cellcept 2 different times. The last time I was on Cellcept, for 7 years it worked well until I developed Cellcept Colitis. I was extremely sick and found myself in the hospital. The doctors discontinued Cellcept and now I am on Imuran.”

kilkennyblue · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2013

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been taking this medication since 2010 after my worst episode and my first episode since taking it began two months ago. I'm taking it alone with no other Multiple Sclerosis related treatments except that we are now trying hydrocortisone since it is a natural steroid.”

Pasadena20 April 7, 2012

For Myasthenia Gravis: “I have had Myasthenia Gravis for 6 years. After a serious crisis and use of high levels of Prednisone. In 2008 I was put on mycophenolate mofetil. It has helped me tremendously. Not totally free from M.G. but I am pretty good and think Mycophenolate is great. I am male 67 and am on 1.5 grams per day. It has changed my life for the good.”

Anonymous February 16, 2011

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): “I was diagnose MG for three years, having plasma weekly but still not response. Currently taking cellcept, it seems response well within two days. Hopefully it help my symtoms so I don't have to have plasma weekly”