User Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

Pulmonary FibrosisNot rated - Add rating1 review 0 medications
Summary of Mycophenolate mofetil reviews 8.0 46 reviews

Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

Upset September 7, 2018

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "The Insurance company is stating that a drug I have been on for years "is that it’s not for my Heart Transplant". I’m taking Mycophenolate acid and they don’t want to pay for it !! Cigna part D is giving us a hard time. We have sent 3 appeals and had three denials. "

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2018

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "Scared of Auto Immune Hepatitis so hoping this generic CellCept works"

Dogsbody · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 23, 2018

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Increase from 1g to 1.5g twice a day has given me indegistion. Otherwise OK"

Bobbie Hunter January 1, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have Giant cell arteritis and was on methotrexate to support lowering prednisone but that was replaced by lefludomide and Cell Cef but it is early days to see its effectiveness"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2017

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "Known at this time."

Cobus · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 26, 2017

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Had heart transplant 8 years ago an have been on cellcept & prograf . 500mg cellcept & 1mg program a day and feeling excellent with no side effects . "

lmchays · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 17, 2017

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Nephrotic Syndrome: "I have Scleroderma, I have been very fortunate, I have had no side effects. CellCept saved my life.My lungs were being destroyed rapidly by my scleroderma. After I started on CellCept my lungs have not gotten any worse in over 5 years."

Very happy in the UK · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 5, 2017

For Myasthenia Gravis: "I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis ten years ago. Apart from the usual prednisolone and Mestinon I was eventually prescribed azathioprine, which I had to stop almost immediately because of liver reactions, and then methotrexate up to the highest recommended dosage.. However, after 6 years this appeared to have no effect in reducing the use of prednisolone, which had increased to a daily dosage of 40-50mg daily, causing severe eye problems in the form of glaucoma and cataracts, and at the beginning of 2016 my neurologist consultant put me onto Cellcept. One year later I am now down to just 5mg prednisolone daily (continuing to reduce) have stopped Mestinon completely and am feeling much improved."

luvstory · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 29, 2017

For Myasthenia Gravis: "I have been taking Cellcept or Mofetil for I think 10 years. I take no Prednesone or Mestinone. I am nearly symptom free. After I had taken Cellcept for about a year. I thought I was cured and quit taking the drug. A few months I crashed. It took 6 months to recover. I find Cellcept or generic far more preferable than Prednisone. Prednisone makes me crazy and can't sleep. Cellcept takes a while to work. That is I think because it has to get into the marrow of the bones where the B cells make the antibodies that attack neurotransmitters. I am extremely upset that medicare is trying to take this away. They just sent me a letter denying coverage. A crash from this drug nearly put me in the hospital. The drug studies appear stupid"

nonickname · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2016

For Bullous Pemphigoid: "Was prescribed this for bullous pemphigoid. It did not work for it at all, but at least had no bad side effects that I noticed. Pharmacy switched my rx to the generic (I did not mind)."

Shining Star · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have Sj"

tcadle March 13, 2016

For Myasthenia Gravis: "crashed this time last year couldn't swallow and lungs failed. ICU 28 days and rehab 14 on 2000 cellcept with 10/5 predisone and mestanon(sp) back to normal after 6 months and hope to get down to 5 mg daily of predisone but wonder how long I can take cellcept I have VA but not a lot of MG experience at my VA Hospital Good luck to everyone."

42dubbs February 3, 2016

For Myasthenia Gravis: "I was on Imuran for about 20 years for MG. but it blood tests begin to show liver damage. I went to 20 MG of prednisone a few months until it was reduced to 10 MG, then 5 MG. I relapsed again and increased to 60 MG by the end of 2014. Began taking 400MG Celcept while decreasing prednisone. Happily off prednisone October 2015, with no signs of MG. Prednisone destroys protein so I was weak and had gained 25 pounds. January 2016, still on cellcept and back to normal weight. However am weak, ache, and sleep little. These are possible side affects of cellcept. And will be looking for a solution. On a daily basis it beats the heck out of prednisone."

RQr June 11, 2015

For Myasthenia Gravis: "very expensive once you hit the donut hole..but it does help"

subsisting · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 23, 2015

For Myasthenia Gravis: "The normal treatment of Prednisone & Mestinon became ineffective. My neurologist asked for me to try CellCept. I was placed on 1000 mg twice a day. It has been a God send. My eyes and face cleared up and my vision improved. This year, I was forced into Obama Care and the government panel has rejected me the use of it. I would be forced to personally pay an extremely high price for it."

Jellojb April 13, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "With the mycophenolate mofetil I take 500 MG Tabs, 3 tablets two times a day. I find it makes me drowsy and nauseous. Plus, right now, it’s not helping the pain in my hands and fingers."

Smed October 17, 2014

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Nephrotic Syndrome: "I was reluctant to take this medication but essentially had no choice when faced with the possibility of losing my kidneys. It saved my kidneys and also helped greatly with my other SLE symptoms (joint pain, neuropathy and lung issues to name a few). I also can't tolerate steroids, so luckily CellCept combined with Plaquenil has kept things under control without having to add Prednisone in the mix. I did experience some issues with dizziness, hair loss and insomnia, but they have tapered off after being on it for a year now; still have problems sleeping at times though and am now experiencing some anxiety. I'm also concerned about the long term effects ie. lymphoma risks and it's very expensive, but overall it saved my life."

3rd times the charm · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 15, 2014

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I have had 3 Kidney Transplants and I've been on Cellcept 2 different times. The last time I was on Cellcept, for 7 years it worked well until I developed Cellcept Colitis. I was extremely sick and found myself in the hospital. The doctors discontinued Cellcept and now I am on Imuran."

kilkennyblue · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2013

For Multiple Sclerosis: "I have been taking this medication since 2010 after my worst episode and my first episode since taking it began two months ago. I'm taking it alone with no other Multiple Sclerosis related treatments except that we are now trying hydrocortisone since it is a natural steroid."

Pasadena20 April 7, 2012

For Myasthenia Gravis: "I have had Myasthenia Gravis for 6 years. After a serious crisis and use of high levels of Prednisone. In 2008 I was put on mycophenolate mofetil. It has helped me tremendously. Not totally free from M.G. but I am pretty good and think Mycophenolate is great. I am male 67 and am on 1.5 grams per day. It has changed my life for the good."

Anonymous February 16, 2011

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for : "I was diagnose MG for three years, having plasma weekly but still not response. Currently taking cellcept, it seems response well within two days. Hopefully it help my symtoms so I don't have to have plasma weekly"

Anonymous March 29, 2010

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I had a liver transplant Feb '06 and have taken 1000mg twice a day now for a couple years. Before that dosage changed a bit to get correct dosage. I also take tacrolimus (prograf 1mg twice a day) I have had no side effects--expensive but luckily I have a plan."

Anonymous January 27, 2010

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I had a liver transplant in 2001 and was put on both CellCept and Prograf. When my creatine reached 2.1 I was taken off Prograf and put on 2000 mg a day of CellCept. I have had no side effects. I only problem is the cost, I am now on Medicare and will be in the donut hole after 4 months."

franz_Sadimm_Cellcept January 20, 2010

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I had a liver transplantation in 1997, and been on Sadimmun Neoral for 13 years. In 2009 my Doctor decided to switch to Cellcept because my creatinine level rose from 1,3 to 1,7 (Kidney). I have been on both Neoral and Cellcept over the whole Summer of 2009. I did not feel well and finally in Nov. 2009 I had a Hyper Blood-sugar shock of 1402, Was hospitalized, now I am slowly recovering with Insulin BS 100-200. Ii switched back to Sandimmun 25-0-50 but my Doctor wants to switch again to Cellcept. I'm afraid to get a Hyperglycemia again."

TCO January 3, 2010

For Myasthenia Gravis: "I am 70 years old and have suffered from MG for 12 years. I have been on predisone for that time 30/10mg eod. My neurologist said that I had to get off the prednisone and highly touted Cellcept. I was on 2000mg per day for five months and then started to have severe calf, ankle and feet swelling, horrible muscle aches and increased weakness. I really was in misery. I made a special appointment with my neurologist. He told me that it couldn't be the Cellcept that was causing my problems. But, he left the room for about five minutes, came back and said I had to get off Cellcept NOW. I believe he left the room to read up on the unusual but severe side effects. My symptoms are listed in that category."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)