User Reviews for Cyclophosphamide

Cyclophosphamide has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings on Drugs.com. 78% of those users who reviewed Cyclophosphamide reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis  Off-label
Multiple Sclerosis  Off-label
Multiple Myeloma
Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
Ovarian Cancer
Brain Tumor  Off-label
Summary of Cyclophosphamide reviews 8.6 12 reviews

Maddoxmed · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2019

For Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis: “cyclophosphamide is an amazing medication. I have a difficult to diagnose vasculitis with an excess of T cells and this is the only drug that has helped me. After these 6 sessions I will start abatacept. Wish me luck!”

Dontmesswithtx · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2019

For Multiple Myeloma: “Took cyclophosphamide for 9 weeks as induction chemo with velcade and dex. When diagnosed multiple myeloma I was raging with lytic lesions everywhere. I went down to 5% by 9 weeks before stem cell transplant. I was so ill when diagnosed that any pain , nausea, loss of weight I can't attribute to cyclophosphamide.”

Dr.MOG · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2017

Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) for Multiple Myeloma: “So far so good. Being careful and isolated is important while preparing for bone marrow transplant (BMT). Wear hepa filter mask when outside. Rest and drink 100oz.of water per day. Caretaker is the most important person that can help you get thru this. My wife is my CT. I have experienced joint pain, fatigue and some sweating at night. Like I said so far so good. My first chemo was Valcade and Revlimed and dexamethasone. Has been going on for 8 months so far.”

Anonymous February 28, 2010

Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “After taking injectable disease modifying therapies for Multiple Sclerosis for years and doing well, I started having more symptoms and progressing. For the past 7 months, I have been taking Cytuxan 1000mg IV every 1-2 weeks and doing quite well. Very well tolerated. Has cut symptom severity better than any other medicine to date. Far fewer side effects than steroids.”

Anonymous March 16, 2012

Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “My experience with Cytoxan was very good. Prior to starting this treatment I was having difficulty with most activities, including walking, writing and even dressing. After a few treatments I was performing these and many other activities quite well. I continued with the treatments for over 3 years (with 1 treatment every 4-6 weeks). Now I am having tysabri treatments every 4 weeks with good success.”

mhegedus1960 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 15, 2015

For Ovarian Cancer: “dr determined that I had reached maximum lifetime dose due to the fact that after complaining for more than a year about severe epigastric pain, an egd showed that at least 60% of my stomach lining was sloughing and actively bleeding- I now have chronic hypomagnesiumemia and chronic pancreattis”

jill84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 27, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I received cytoxan IV for Multiple Sclerosis. I don't remember how long I lasted before I had a seizure. I have had a seizure disorder since I was 6 years old or younger. This was the worst seizure I have had since I started having them. I have read the site and was surprised to see that it is not listed as a side effect. Otherwise, it wasn't a bad experience. I lost 1/2 of my hair and it came back thicker.”

jj mn · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2014

Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: “Full blown blast crisis. Had extreme joint and bone pain felt like sunburn while having your skin smacked and twisted. Went to ER got diagnosed with leukemia got bone marrow test to confirm. Needed afforesis immediately took four days. Then needed transfusions then chemo which included cytoxin. Great medicine got my counts down quick so remission came quick. But because I was ph also it took other expensive and research study trials to help me. But once I was in remission they used high doses of Cytoxin with radiation and others to get me into complete remission. Then stem transplant.”

Olaf III March 31, 2017

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: “My hemoglobin is going back up. No transfusions needed. Some small sores in mouth upon waking up in am. Some lower back pain in am. Which goes away with activity. Need to drink lots ow fluids. Overall, this drug is really helping as I am felling much better and have returned to a very active life style.”

Anonymous May 9, 2011

Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) for Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis: “I took Cytoxan through an i.v and it knocked my Wegener's in remission. I am having a flare up and will begin the Cytoxan orally tomorrow. I am praying that it has the same effect.”

Anonymous December 9, 2009

Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) for Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis: “I used this pill for my Wegner's and it really helps me.”

Anonymous January 30, 2011

Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) for Brain Tumor: “Used as part of my brain tumor treatment ...so far it looks okay.”