User Reviews for Imbruvica

Learn more about Imbruvica.

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia 5 reviews 34 medications

5.8
Summary of Imbruvica reviews 5 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Imbruvica

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia "I was prescribed Imbruvica for CLL after being in remission for several years. The past protocols had always worked but where very hard on my system. The side effects weren't as extreme as with other treatments. But Imbruvica did not work at all for me. Taking the drug has made my health & quality of life worse and now having stage 4 CLL my prognosis is grim. I lay in the hospital having numerous transfusions that are nothing more then a bandaid for my very soon eminent death."

CLL4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia "Due to my having a variant GI system (with its own side-effects), my oncologist, in an abundance of caution, started me on Imbruvica 1 capsule in the AM, daily. Literally within days, the SIGNIFICANTLY large lymphs in the front and rear of my neck, disappeared. WOW! MY WBC's skyrocketed, but that is typically expected due to the mechanisms by which Imbruvica works. Oversimplifying here -- the abnormal (cancerous) cells, congregate in the lymphs. Imbruvica forces those abnormal cells out into the bloodstream, where they can be attacked and starved of the BTK protein, which they need to thrive and propagate. The "dead" abnormal cells are then flushed out of the body. After 2 months dose upped to 2 capsules daily, and still tolerating well."

FingersCrossed (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia "My 87 yr old mother took 3 pills in the morning. It lowered her white blood count from 125,000 two 14. 10 is normal. That's the only good thing, I can say about this medication. She had such severe diarrhea and vomiting , that she could not keep any kind of nutrition or food into her system . The drug almost nearly killed her . Her doctor took her off the medication for two weeks , then have her start taking it again at a lower does. Once again soon as she started taking the medication again , the side effects came back and the doctor decided not to continue with medication. Since her last appointment with her oncologist , her white blood cell count is now 50 . Next doctor appointment they're going to try a older less effective drug."

stevepig2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2016

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia "Medication has effectively arrested my father's CLL. From 140,000 WBC to 5,000 within two months."

EddieBoy454 October 27, 2016

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia "My husband took 3 Imbruvica before bedtime and died from sudden cardiac arrest the next morning."

rspreckelsenbellsouth.net April 17, 2016