User Reviews for Lemtrada

Multiple Sclerosis
7.2

Summary of Lemtrada reviews 7.2 7 reviews

Reviews for Lemtrada

For Multiple Sclerosis "My daughter died on Mother’s Day this year following Lemtrada infusion. She was Round 1, day 13 . She was a Nurse Practitioner who specialized in Oncology. Her Infusion resulted in sepsis, reaction not accurately diagnosed, or treated . Make fully informed decisions."

Notenoughmonitoring (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have had two doses of Lemtrada, not noticing a great improvement, but not going backwards either. I have found it to produce frequent UTI's. DON'T count on Genzyme to pay for urinalysis. They pay for the one monthly, but if your doctor determines an infection and sends you for more testing, Genzyme will not pay. I have just received a $375 bill from Quest for a urinalysis with culture. Genzyme has determined cultures are not necessary and as such, will not pay. It is clear UTI's are a side effect, why won't they pay to find out which antibiotic works to treat your particular infection??? Good question. Absolutely no help from MS 1 to 1 program, from nurse to supervisor. Very, very disgusted with this and with Genzyme. Beware of expensive lab testing. Genzyme won't pay."

Lauren (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "I’m 32 work FT , I was dx with MS in 2008. I started with Copaxone in 2008 - MRI found new lesions so switch to Tysabri 2009-2012 (JC-VIRUS positive I stop taking because I was scared) started Gilenya 2012-2013 new lesions was found) so I was switch medication to *Tecfidera* with this medications I’ve had 5 flare’s up which I never had any flare ups with previous therapy this much since 2008 but my physician saw the new lesions and had to find a more aggressive therapy. Lemtrada was recommended in 2015 . It was rough. I needed a plasma exchange 3 months of my infusion due to another flare . I finished my two rounds 2016. A year after infusion I lost my vision in right eye ( optic neuritis) June 2017 lasted for 4 weeks . MARCH 2018- I'm doing great no flare up since JUNE 2017 Thanks for your reviewing"

Kaybee (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "Hi all. I am still on the fence on Lemtrada. I know there is no magic pill. It has slowed down the flares. My symptoms seem to have progressed. I guess it is fair to say maybe my expectations were too high?? It has been 7 months. I will update this if I see a shift. Very glad others had good experiences. Baby steps. Thanks"

Skillz4dayz August 8, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Easy infusion. The best you can get. It gave me my life back!! No.....more.....flares!!"

#nomoreflares (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I am 7 months post Lemtrada infusion. I feel fantastic! I have began old hobbies and took of new ones as well. From rock climbing to jogging and camping, hiking. I have seen a 90 o/o improvement in my condition. My vision has restored in my right eye. My leg does not give out nearly as if it had before. I started a jogging regimen too. My drawbacks have been off and on shingles outbreak and tonsill hole issues. I am glad I chose Lemtrada! It gave me my life back, to me it is the cure for MS!"

MS.Cure.Believe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "Received Lemtrada as a study Patient and have gone over 10 years with no symptoms of my MS. The side effects of the treatment were minimal for me- fever, rash, headache for two weeks following the treatment. Hope this medication becomes available to more patients!!"

CRAFTYK May 26, 2015