User Reviews for Aubagio

Multiple Sclerosis 5.6

Reviews for Aubagio

Unknown · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2020

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I only develop MS in January but it was caught very early so my doctor put me on Aubagio been 7 months and so far my only side effect has been increased hunger but yet I am losing weight too but clean”

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

For Multiple Sclerosis: “Starting Aubagio next month. I was diagnosed with MS in 1994, at the age of 41. That started me on Avonex, but it was too hard for me to give myself shot with 1” needle. They next switched me to Rebif, with a daily shot. On that till I moved, new Neurologist changed me to Copaxone. Was on that till “Obamacare “, copay went upto 5K, off MS drugs till they got generic, which copay went down to $300 month. On that till Thanksgiving 2019, then I broke out in hives. I had to go to ER, they gave me Benadryl. Meanwhile, my lesions still increasing. Will see how this drug works for me.”

KG · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 14, 2020

For Multiple Sclerosis: “Aubagio is like a miracle drug to me. I spent years in a brain fog. After taking for a couple of weeks the fog started lifting. I have been on it for over a year and I am a high functioning member of society again. It has caused me to have neuropathy. But the benefit is worth it.”

Sof · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2020

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been diagnosed with MS on 2004 and I haven’t taken any medication till 2018 which I started on Tecfedera and it was horrible I had all the side effects and felt I wasn’t living a whole month. The doctor decided that I try gylenia that didn’t work for me since my heartbeat was too low to be on it. Then started on aubagio and was on it for two years at the beginning I had the hair thinning and loss, sometimes I have heavy legs and weakness , fatigue. My vision sometimes not clear specially if am stressed on that day. Recently doctor asked me to stop it since I started having bruises all over my body and from my blood work I have bleeding disorder caused by the med and alopecia . I am having my MRI tomorrow and will decide what to be on. As some one said we are just poisoning ourselves.”

Sw · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 28, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “Aubagio causes GI side effects and I developed Crohn’s disease while on it. I think that the Aubagio triggered whatever latent immunological or inflammatory defect underpins Crohn’s in me. I moved cities and know for a fact that my experience was not reported as an adverse drug reaction to the authorities but people should know it’s a possibility.”

Me2 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 25, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “Have been on Aubagio for 6 months now. I had some hair loss, noticeable only to me. Absolutely no other side effects , feeling great, I gave my days of fatigue if I do too much, but I generally feel good!”

Drug Queen November 26, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “It took me a day to figure how to write a review on drugs.com. But! AUBAGIO IS STRAIGHT POISON! I’ve personally been on Aubiago 7 very, very long months and I’ve had EVERY SINGLE SIDE EFFECT! My neurologist keeps brain washing me by tell me I’m not doing anything for my MS, but please note before I was on Aubiago I weighed 149 pounds! I weigh 198 pounds now in just 7 months! I’ve stopped taking Aubiago last night by myself as my multiple sclerosis has greatly worsened ever since I started taking this medicine (aka poison!) Weight gain, hair loss, involuntary movements, stomach pain, irritable bowel syndrome, ear aches, tooth aches, muscle weakness, poor vision, loss of coordination, moody, irritable. I will try Med free as I would recommend for anyone to do as long as they can. To add Aubiago stays in your blood for 2 whole years! Yikes ! Good luck all!”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I was diagnosed with MS in 2004. Throughout my journey I have been on Copaxone, Betaseron and Avonex. I finally had enough of the shots - I'm over them and injecting myself. Just started Aubagio 3 days ago. I'm nervous about the side effects but this pill is so much easier. Self injecting meds caused a great deal of anxiety for me. Fingers crossed this med will keep me stable and if my hair thins, I hope it comes back. Best wishes to all.”

Sam October 23, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I had the worst experience ever since I started taking Aubagio. 75% of its sides effect hit me , I got even an anxiety attack where I became like the walking dead . Heart beat was faster than usual, electricity in my both arms and many more. I felt great after I've flushed it out .”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 12, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been on Aubagio for two years. My hair fell out for a couple of months, but completely stopped after that. This is the only medication that I’ve been on, so I have no comparison but the minor hair loss is the only side effect I’ve had. So far so good.”

Kitty · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been taking Aubagio for almost a month, and I can tolerate it with very low bothersome issues. I do think my hair is getting thin, lots of itchy feelings on and off. I do get some muscle pain and soreness, but tolerable. I get very tired a few hours after I ingest Aubagio, but a nap and I’m good again. I’m satisfied with the low side effects of this drug,”

Me2 August 16, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I’ve been in a Aubagio for one month. Was Leary of trying it due to the listed side effects. I take it at bedtime, and haven’t noticed any bothersome issues. Minor tingling sometimes in my face, but not terrible. No hair loss yet, or stomach issues, thankfully. Energy level seems good, some issues I had prior to Aubagio, seem to have gotten a bit better. I’ll see how my MS is after 6 months!”

Kywatchman · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “Was on the drug 4-5 months with no side effects. Then swelling in my legs began, red leisions, blisters. My legs were almost twice normal size. Had a biopsy, it was determined to be this drug.. I had to do a "clean out" With cholestyramine, as this drug stays in your system 2 years. I've had 4 steroid treatments since this happened last year, the legs go down, but the swelling has returned every time. I've been told by 3 doctors in 2 weeks, that the drug did permanent damage to the cells in my lower legs. To see "caution is advised" is an understatement.”

Nikumu · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 11, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been on aubagio for about 2 1/2 years. I did lose a bunch of my hair a couple months in but it stopped after the 4th month and has grown back. I feel great and I am very healthy. Take it with a grain of salt (may be a mistake or just a miracle) but I had a very bad old lesion on my brain which is now not visible at all. The doctors can’t really say why but at least for me it was well worth fighting through the first few months to be so stable.”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “Have had M.S. since 19yrs. Now 60yrs. Was on Tysbri for 7 years no relapses. Then tested positive for C. J. Virus. Have taken Abugio for 6 months lots of hair loss and upset stomach also burning in feet. Haven't had MRI yet hope working.”

JCV June 18, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “.I was diagnosed with MS 2001 however I was told I have had MS since I was in my 20's. My first and only medication so far has been Copaxone. I was tested for the JC Virus and came back positive. My Neurologist said the only medication I am able to take is Abagio. I have read the reviews and the side effects seem horrible...I am still deciding whether or not to try Abagio. June 16 2019....”

Lala · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I took aubagio for 6 months. My hair started to fall out and I was being billed for my blood work. I've stopped taking it for a little over a month now and I think my skin looks yellow. If you decide to take this you should do your homework and always get your bloodwork done”

Beck · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 2, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I experienced a great deal of hair loss. I also had a lot of GI issues. Also, Aubagio has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Because I moved I had a new neurologist who had not been informed of a protocol for ordering a lab. The doctor stated an aubagio rep has never even been to their office and they were unaware of the protocol. Well, I am stuck with an over 500 dollar lab bill. Aubagio normally pays for this lab, but told me there was nothing they could do since the doctor did not know the protocol. Very poor customer service. I have stopped taking this med and will never take it again.”

Gary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 31, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “Found out I have MS at 64years old and Aubagio is working excellently. I take it after dinner, with lots of water. A little hair loss is my only side effect. Good luck to everyone. Stay positive! And many thanks to the people who developed Aubiago!”

AB · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 26, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “Love Aubagio, I've been taking it for about 14 months now and have no new activity/lesions based on MRI before starting Aubagio and one year later. Minimal side effects for me - initially some hair thinning but that sorted itself out after a couple of months. Should've started this sooner. Injecting Rebif was awful.”

BettyBoop · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I was put on this as my first DMD (disease modifying drugs). Not happy with its low rate of effectiveness. Have a lot of brain lesions and four spinal cord lesions already. Yet my neurologist decided to put me on this lousy drug. It’s destroying my blood platelets and my white blood cell count. Doctor wants to wait to see if my blood counts stabilize before he takes me off it. It’s all I can do to choke the Aubagio pill down everyday—I hate it so much and have such little faith in it. I resent having been prescribed this garbage drug that’s hurting me instead of helping me.”

Beavis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 8, 2019

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been on Aubagio for almost a year now. Had severe diarrhea for a few months. Started drinking a glass of Benefiber everyday and that completely fixed it. My stomach rumbles a lot. Other than that....ZERO side effects. Though like all these drugs... wonder if it is really effective or not in slowing progression. BTW, if you have insurance, there's a copay assist. I pay nothing for this medicine.”

pooh · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I've had MS for 18 yrs., and have been taking Aubagio for 6 months-my 1st treatment. My MS was active and I had developed multiple new lesions with relapses. The first 3 months were rough with nausea, diarrhea, sleep disturbances, fatigue and an overall 'sick, flu-like' feeling. I stuck with it because the alternative is much worse. My hair has thinned but I anticipated that side effect. I have a runny nose most of the time and still have some diarrhea. I've had 2 relapses but they were only a few days in length. I am awaiting an MRI to determine if the Aubagio is working, so fingers crossed. I want to stay on it as Copaxone is the next option. My insurance doesn't cover Aubagio but I qualified for a bridging program, so I am forever grateful. Stick with it if you can tolerate the side effects for a couple of months and your neuro. approves. Hopefully they will subside for you, as well. Good luck to everyone managing this disease.”

Me August 8, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I was on it for two years. I wanted to stop but neuro and husband insisted I had to take something and I wasn’t willing to give myself shots. I had some side effects from the beginning. It just kept getting worse and no one could tell me anything. Hair loss that still hasn’t come back, eye problems, severe headaches, messed up periods (I had my period for three months straight and never knew when it would start again or how long it would last), spotting, brain fog, depression, never felt well. Finally convinced doctor and husband I’m better off not taking anything and I’m doing much better.”

Cubs fan · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 27, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis: “I’ve been on Aubagio for 2 years. I had some side effects diarrhea and hair thinning. The hair thinning is starting to come back after 2 years. I love the ease of this versus injections.”