User Reviews for Aubagio

Multiple Sclerosis
5.6

Summary of Aubagio reviews 5.6 40 reviews

Reviews for Aubagio

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've had MS for 18 yrs., and have been taking Aubagio for 6 months-my 1st treatment. My MS was active and I had developed multiple new lesions with relapses. The first 3 months were rough with nausea, diarrhea, sleep disturbances, fatigue and an overall 'sick, flu-like' feeling. I stuck with it because the alternative is much worse. My hair has thinned but I anticipated that side effect. I have a runny nose most of the time and still have some diarrhea. I've had 2 relapses but they were only a few days in length. I am awaiting an MRI to determine if the Aubagio is working, so fingers crossed. I want to stay on it as Copaxone is the next option. My insurance doesn't cover Aubagio but I qualified for a bridging program, so I am forever grateful. Stick with it if you can tolerate the side effects for a couple of months and your neuro. approves. Hopefully they will subside for you, as well. Good luck to everyone managing this disease."

pooh (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was on it for two years. I wanted to stop but neuro and husband insisted I had to take something and I wasn’t willing to give myself shots. I had some side effects from the beginning. It just kept getting worse and no one could tell me anything. Hair loss that still hasn’t come back, eye problems, severe headaches, messed up periods (I had my period for three months straight and never knew when it would start again or how long it would last), spotting, brain fog, depression, never felt well. Finally convinced doctor and husband I’m better off not taking anything and I’m doing much better."

Me August 8, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "I’ve been on Aubagio for 2 years. I had some side effects diarrhea and hair thinning. The hair thinning is starting to come back after 2 years. I love the ease of this versus injections."

Cubs fan (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 27, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with MS in 2008, late in life at the age of 48. I started on Copaxone and was on it until a few months ago, I only wanted to change as I was running out of injection sites. I started Aubagio 2 days ago, this is an awful drug!!!!! The side effects far outweigh the benefits and I'm only 2 days in!!! Headache, heart palpitations, numbness every where, pain every where. Scattered thoughts, a feeling of heaviness throughout my body, fatigue...it's HORRIBLE!!! I WILL not take another pill."

Shaggy (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "My speech was slurring bad and I had some hair loss"

Shereld8808 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "Diagnosed in May 2015. Started on Copaxone. Stayed with it for over 2 years before I couldn't take the pain from the injections any longer. Started Aubagio. I've been on it for about 6 months. For the first two months I couldn't get off the couch. I literally had zero energy. Wasn't sure if it was the disease or the meds at first. But it lasted too long to be the disease. It eased up a little bit and I started doing my thing again, but I never have felt "well" since I started taking the drug. Now 6 months in and I stopped 2 it days ago. I can't take it any more. Headaches, unrelenting fatigue, disorientation, tingling in my head and neck (like hair standing up), blurry vision, depression, stomach upset, irritability, did I say fatigue. I'm not an advocate for not taking meds for this disease even though I know they are poisoning our bodies, but if the consequence is dealing with daily misery and pain then no thanks."

workingitout (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "Diagnosed 3 years ago- now know that I've had MS for 30 years. Stopped Copaxone due to awful injection site reactions, then after playing the insurance game, started Aubagio 3 months ago. The side effects of these medications are worse than the disease!! I stopped taking it a week ago due to horrific muscle/ joint pain, daily pounding headaches, blurry vision, diarrhea, ear congestion, neuropathy in hands/feet and extreme fatigue. I'm supposed to call my Dr in 2 weeks to discuss how I feel after 3 weeks off. Seriously, these meds that are designed to help are poison! I'm going to stay off the "preventives" and continue my clean eating and aquatic exercise."

Dobi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "6 weeks in, mostly gastric issues, abdominal pain. Hand and arm tingling. First blood test revealed slightly increased ALT. General feeling of fatigue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with MS in 2005 and started on Rebif in 2006. Side effects included weird cravings, depression and massive nodules at the injection sites. Which didn't help as I am also diabetic and was running out of places to inject. Had four relapses. Then changed to Aubagio last year. 1 month in I got Chickenpox from severe immune suppression. 3 months in my hair fell out, by the handfulls. 6 months in I started getting burning hands and feet (?Aubagio/?diabetes). Am currently having a relapse, but not as bad as before. My thighs have recovered completely. My hair is thicker than ever. And I've stopped taking my antidepressants. Only thing is the burning, which comes and goes. Love the packaging! Helps me remember if I've taken them."

Rexpaws December 18, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I started Aubagio 2 weeks ago. I've been on Copaxone (horrible site reactions days after injection), Avonex (serious gastric issues and no progress in regression), Gilenya, (horrible headaches for the time on it and also showed not to be working.), Tecfidera (found I have tested positive for JVC with high risk for PML). Which brings me to Aubagio. I take it at night with some tylenol every other day and have had NO side effects. It may be to early to tell about the thinning hair, but I do drink, 3 times a week, protein shake "muscle milk, 25mg protein and take biotin. I have felt great. Also, the damage to my hands (nerve pain and stiffness) seems to be letting up. If it still feels this good by the end of Nov will let Aubagio know"

Squirrels779 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have had MS since 99. Been on shots and different pills. So far Aubagio has been really good. I take at night so I don't have side affects,I also take 2 Tylenol PM with it to keep any issues away, works great! Just don't like the hair loss..will be addressing with hair tech. The PM pill really does help, please try for the people still in it. Bladder,I had fix years ago so I don't have issues with that. Please try..."

Blondiems (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've had MS since I was fifteen, I'm fifty-four now. I started taking Aubagio in June. Since then I've had frequent diarrhea, extreme swelling of my ankles and feet because of water retention, a large kidney stone (1 cm), probably not from the Aubagio, but still, an antibiotic resistant bladder infection which led to two plus week hospitalization, my toenails are falling off, leading to cellulitis, and a cold (I hadn't had a cold in three years). I truly believe that this medication will kill me if I don't stop taking it and I plan to find another MS medication."

Jenny Lynne (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "MS for 4 years, started first on Copaxone, which did not stop the lesions changed to Aubagio, after 1 year on Copaxone, by my Neurologist, who by the way is a world class expert ( lucky). I have had no further lesions or relapses. Hair thinning and loss, and nausea for the first 6 months, now resolved. Overall I feel better, with more energy, so I am happy with it"

Posy September 21, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Was on Aubagio for 5 months. Extreme hair loss even with biotin supplements. Nasty digestive issues that eased up after 2 months but never stopped completely. Early in month 5, I noticed some rather large masses growing under the skin in my forearms. Stopped the drug a few weeks later and they stopped growing after 5 days. Had them surgically removed yesterday. The surgeon said it was not at all what he was expecting to find. The largest one had fingered into my arm wrapping around tendons and bones and required a lot of scraping. We thought they were shrinking but they were actually just moving deeper. I did not like this drug at all and am glad to be off of it. Waiting for biopsy results with fingers crossed."

Michigan Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "On Aubagio for 18 months. My rating is for oral use and no new recent lesions on MRI results only. Had MS for 12 years, I am 49. Started on Rebif 3 yrs, then Copaxone 1.5, had horrible skin irritation on both so then Tysabri for almost 8 years. LOVED Tysabri!! Unfortunately tested JC Virus + and had too many risk factors so had to go off of it. I am not a fan of Aubagio. All these symptoms are since starting Aubagio: Numbness/tingling in hands/arms, legs/feet, bladder issues, vision issues (can hardly drive at night anymore), no energy, headaches, and overall just do not feel like myself. So far no new lesions, but a host of side effects. Not sure it's worth it. Do your research!"

Miss Mimi (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've had MS for 25 years. Been on every med there is I think. Started Aubagio 7mos ago. The medication seems to be working however, the side effects have been very real. Hair loss has been more than minimal for me but has slowed down now. Feeling out of it is how I feel most days but I do have more energy. I do have headaches most days but they are tolerable with increased water intake. Incontinence seems to be worse but I just started a new med that is working there. I've had mouth sores and boils which I've never had before. My depression has gotten worse and I cry a lot it seems. Stomach upset and diarrhea have subsided but the dry skin is a pain. My brain lesion activity has stopped however, my balance, vision and endurance Are worse."

Alidawn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "AUBAGIO was very easy to take. That was the only perk of this medication. It did not help any of my symptoms or prevent any relapses. It caused extreme bowel upset for months and I lost over 3/4 of my hair. It's side effects said hair THINNING not hair LOSS. I had extreme hair LOSS. When I called to talk to someone all they wanted to tell me were the statistics from their studies. They had zero interest in documenting the real world results and my issues. They had zero desire to help me either. Just kept telling me it would get better. If I would have stayed on the medication I would be bald. I was extremely disappointed in the help (or lack there of)."

DeeTh December 3, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with ms 2003, and used betaseron, thrilled to take a tablet. So far so good, started out with headaches, body aches, general all over not feeling good. Then I took medication at dinner rather than in the morning. I slept thru the side effects, sometimes only waking up in the middle of the night with a headache that tylenol would correct. Now I am free of side effects only my hair is thinning out. I think I will stay with it. I have been free from any major problems, and thats the main idea!"

Pretty12 October 26, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've had multiple sclerosis for almost 10 years and have been on pretty much every other MS therapy there is (Copaxone, Rebif, Tysabri, Gilenya, Tecfidera) and had horrible reactions with all these meds. Aubagio is the only medication that I don't have major side effects on. When I first started there was some nausea and flu-like symptoms but they dissipated after the first month. I haven't had any recent flairs and I used to take Nuvigil for fatigue, but have found that I don't need it since I've started Aubagio. The One-to-One nurses are friendly, but extremely unhelpful. They basically regurgitate the same verbiage that's on their website and can rarely answer my questions."

Pixie5335 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "Hate the way the pills are packaged. This has helped me a lot but not completely. Still have bladder issues and muscle spasms and some tingling and burning. I did have elevated liver enzymes for the first 6 months but they were tested yesterday and now back to normal. I've had this relapse now since February but really it's much better than it was."

EllieGold October 6, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have been on aubagio for 6 mths. Easy to take especially after being on Copaxone for 5 years. No side effects except that I have been experiencing hair thinning, hair loss for the past 2 months. The amount of loss is moderate and to be honest, it is worrisome. I cant find any info about when the hair shedding will stop. I had long thick hair but just had 8 inches cut off as shorter strands are easier to deal with than longer strands. I see me neuro this week and will ask. Called the one to one nurse and it was a total waste of time. I asked about how long does the hair shedding usually last and she replied by reading to me, word for word, what is on the aubagio site about hair loss."

Sue A. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "42 yrs old, diagnosed @ 34. Was on Rebif(terrible for me), for about 5 yrs(3 shots/wk). Always felt like I had flue like symptoms. Constantly taking Advil, for aches and pains and chills. Tried tecfidera for about 2yrs. Worst abdominal pain and bloating ever!!(2 pills/dy). Now on Aubagio(1 pill/dy) and I couldn't be happier!! Small amount of bloating, but overall no issues. This one is working for me!!"

JLH42 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "Ihave ms 20 years now been on betseron been on avonex 16 years ;im so hapy a pill came out tecferda was a nightmare off it in 2 months ;; been on aubigo 5 months little hair thinning ; so far so great no side effects im 57 and i have high bp for 20 years i take cymbalta 30 mg for stress"

kathy friend August 10, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "It is awfully hard to open up the package containing the pills for me. I think Aubagio has helped my symptoms and other than thinning my hair a little no other side effects or relapses noted. Is there a way to change the packing to a pill bottle so they are easier to use."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I wish I could rate this medication a 0 - this nearly killed me. Too bad this site only allows you so many characters because I wish I could tell you my whole story of this medicine but will have to give you the highlights - I gave it a good 4 months before going off and I only got worse everyday. New symptoms I did not have - severe depression/ suicidal thoughts, pain and tingling, blurry vision, brain fog, panic attacks, couldn't think straight, just a general "off" feeling, like I wasn't all here. I have been off 6 months and a far cry from where I was, but still even some lingering symptoms - this made me WAY WORSE THAN I EVEN WAS BEFORE I STARTED IT - DON'T GO ON THIS MED - Also, check out a documentary on meds"

RuinedbyMEDS April 19, 2016