User Reviews for Copaxone

Multiple Sclerosis
7.9

Summary of Copaxone reviews 7.9 115 reviews

Reviews for Copaxone

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with Relapsing MS August 2017. I started on 40mg Copaxone Injectable 3/week. At first it didn’t seem so bad. Then after the repetitiveness, I began having terrible site reactions after 5 months. I tried sticking it out, but then I started getting bad headaches, weight gain & joint pain. I decided to switch to a once a day pill."

Lake girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "OMG, first time taking copaxone after taking avonex for 20 years. It is unbelievable, no side effects. Even though I am happy that avonex was there and I truly believe that because I stayed on it my MS is controllable it was a pain, the side affects were too much. I am happy to try copaxone, I was not happy with injecting myself daily but since there are no side effects....that helps. :)"

Vamp E (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "Was on it for 2 yrs then it just stopped working"

Shereld8808 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "Diagnosed in 2000. Lost all feeling in half of right arm. MRI showed innumerable lesions in brain & 3 on spine. Also evidence of MS in spinal fluid. Immediately began Copaxone 20 mg daily. Swank MS diet limiting saturated fat to 15 grams per day. Have taken Vit B, D , Coq 10, chorella ( for the amino acids), multi-vits, sphingolin ( Myelin protein) , evening primrose oil & fish oil w/ food at lunch.. Also apitherapy ( hugely helpful) sting myself with live honeybees whenever possible . I Had one exacerbation in 2005 where I was dragging my foot when walking & was put on steroid intervenous drip for 2nd time ( which reversed all symptoms..). I exercise 3 times per week with mild cardio (stairclimber, weights, swim) don't push myself except to get heart rate up to about 130- 150 with push at the end. No real symptoms except for occasional tingling & minor balance issues. Naps also very important . Massage also helpful... Something is working... Don't know what..."

Ranharri May 1, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "I had my first MS symptoms in 1985; diagnosed with RRMS in 1990. Started on Copaxone in 2000, 18 years ago. When they came out with 3x a week injections, I switched to that. My course has been largely benign: most of my symptoms involve sensory sensations on my right side, a few times those sensations have been pronounced enough that it causes weakness/numbness in my foot and some trouble walking. I haven't had a relapse for 8 years now; not sure if it's because I have mild MS or if it's the Copaxone. For now, I'm not willing to go off it to find out. Of all the MS drugs, I think Copaxone has the most manageable side effects. I've never had any problems aside from being a little sore after the injection and getting those lumps after repeated injections. Years back I stopped injecting in my arms/legs because I don't have a lot of fat there and the lumps I felt in those areas eventually went away. It took about a year, but they did disappear."

Fern (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "Diagnosed with MS 2005 started on Copaxone daily. A few months later in 2006. Stayed on it for about nine years and then the 40 mg came out I have been on there for the past three years or so. My first major symptom was transverse myelitis Which eventually led to my diagnosis. It basically went away on its own except left my feet with sensory numbness. Other than a couple other very annoying symptoms, I’ve had no major problems with either the 20 mg or the 40 mg dose. I use an injector and always have. I will be having my first MRI in 12 years next week so will be interesting to see if anything has really changed. In any case my neurologist said he would not change my Treatment regardless of what an MRI Showed which is why he never order an MRI after original ones. Now it’s more of a curiosity after all this time."

Itasara (taken for 10 years or more) March 28, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "My hair fell out, I gained a lot of weight, my tooth decayed and I ended up with severe shakes after taking it. "

JONSYGIRL (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2018

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've been on Copaxone since 2015 tried Amryia brand it was terrible side effects. Copaxone was slightly annoying but not bad. Recently I've experience a relapse and had one 3day intravenous therapy. Tried to take my Copaxone and the nuasea was unbearable with gaging and pain in my back. My Dr. told me to take a break. I'll do that. Also the Flushing and itching seem to have heighten. I'm going to try in a week and see if the symptoms decrease if not I'm going to have to try something else.. I'm taking turmeric and multi 5000 mg vitamins.. My only recourse at this time...any suggestions..???"

Meme!1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed wiht relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) in 2009. Started Copaxone 20 mg. Used auto inject..Had injection site lumps, itching, bee sting like reaction always. The skin began to atrophy. Had the immediate post-injection reaction (IPIR) too many times to count. Can't breathe, flushing, back spasms, terrible headache, chest pain... was switched to 40 mg because of lack of injection sites a few years later.. IPIR was THE WORST I've ever experienced. Stopped taking it for about 6 weeks. No exacerbations since my diagnosis. While off the meds I started having more nerve pain. My MS Dr said to switch back to 20 mg. I had a bad reaction last night w freezing shaking and joint/muscle pain for an hour. I have 4 injection sites left to use. Hips and flanks. Don't want liver trouble from other meds. Stuck."

Stuck.. (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 18, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Taking 40mg 3x week for RIS, scans show MS but don't yet have a clinical diagnosis. Some welts and one large bruise but otherwise shots (all self inject) have been OK."

Basisforhope (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Diagnosed MS 2/2015; problems started 12/2014 1st Tecfidera: @4-5 months, many side-effects, horrible flushing, medicine worse than MS, t-cells plummeted. 2nd Copaxone: @ 2 months: hypothermia (one time very serious), and infections; @9 months, mammogram showed calcification. Pre-filled needle is thick and painful; syringes are poorly made and slip, causing pain; big lumps at injection site. 3rd Wahl's protocal (level 1 w/supplements) and Radical Remission protocal: All symptoms resolved, am better now than any time I can remember. I look forward to MRI next month, will be about 1 1/2 months off meds at that time, and 11 months on Wahls & Radical Remission lifestyle."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Started taking Copaxone 16 months ago- no major side effects until last two months , On two occasions MS Nurse thinks I may of injected into bloodstream - uncontrollable shaking and chills - my husband almost called an ambulance. Neuro wants me to start Aubagio but I would like to trial the MS diet first on a 3 month trial.I don't know what to do !"

ciara77 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Doctor and I, together, decided to begin copaxone 40 mg after having been on copaxone 20 mg for 6 years, gilenya for 6 years (survived viral Encephalitis after this drug). Almost immediately, my joints began to stiffen and became painful ... so much so that lifting and using my hands is very difficult. It feels like I have arthritis in my joints. The nurse and the MS clinic informed me this is a 2.7% reported side effect. Now trying to detox my body."

Gilenyasurvivor August 20, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Hey all! I was diagnosed with MS 25 years ago. I was on no meds for 15 yrs, Copaxone 20mg for 5 yrs then switched to Gilenya for 6 yrs. Then 2 weeks hospitalized with viral encephalitis!! Do not go on immune suppressing MS drugs!! I agree with others about the Wahl protocol... eat to feed your brain. Also include cardo, strength training and stretching weekly. I am starting Copaxone 40 mg. Should be no problem. "

FiftySue July 15, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Took about 20 injections no effect yet"

Adge (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with MS at 41 in 1998..I was relieved when my doctor recommended the once a week shot Avonex thinking it would be the easiest. Not so...bad side effects. I went from cane to walker to wheel chair to hospital all in the few years I was on it. Just before I went into the hospital I went on 20 mg seven days a week of copaxone. It gave me my life back. I then went from wheel chair to walker to cane and then nothing in about two years time.. I've now been on it for 17 years with no major relapses. Not a day goes by that I don't feel the effects of MS but nothing compared to what it was before copaxone.."

Fdriver May 29, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was on the 20 mg of Copaxone for more than 10 years and took a break for about a year. Felt that I was stable, I felt great, and MRIs were showing no new progression. Recently starting trying to get back on it using the 40 mg for the last three weeks and am getting rashes, hives, headaches and in general feeling worn out and "MS-ey." Just not sure whether to be on it or not at this point."

Lindsey 333 (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis MS April 2016. August 2016 and February 2017 the MRI showed minimal activity. My neurologist advised me to start using Copaxone, 3 times a week - 40 mg. I've been injecting myself without the auto injector and so far so good. I only inject in my belly and legs (in the evening). When injecting in my belly I experience a burning/itchy feeling. This fades away after an hour. It's an awkward feeling but not a big deal. When injecting my legs I experience stiffness of my leg muscle. After a few hours it is gone. The stiffness is a nuisance but not a big deal. Next morning, no more itchy sensations or muscle stiffness. All gone. Because I am only using it for 2 weeks I don't know if it helps but so far I am very happy"

Dreads March 17, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I started taking copaxone in 2001, after trying avonex for 3 weeks with bad flu like symptoms. I began copaxone 20 mg once a day, it's been 16 yrs now with minimal side effects, compared to the exacerbations. I miss aprox 1 injection a week, on average due to it not injecting. I have not had a major attack in 16 yrs. I rarely ever use my cane. Once last year I caught the flu and had bad MS related symptoms. When I was 21 I had optic neuritis, @ 28 I became at least 90 percent paralyzed from my waist down and was told I would be in a wheel chair by 50. After this l quit smoking, drinking and any non medicinal drug, I began working out etc.The answer to me is the opposite to burning the candle at both ends & a positive outlook."

Lion heart March 1, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with RRMS in 1993. Tried Avonex, worst side effects body pain, pounding headache instantly. Stopped drug after 6 wks. In 1999 had relapse. Double vision, numb on left side, slurred speech, dizziness, fatigue, unable to walk without falling, my mind felt odd. Doctor at DUKE university suggested Copaxone 20mg. Started in 1999. Now on 40mg 3 times a week. Had relapse may 2016. I have itching, welts, injection pain, lumps and permanent indentations."

PJams (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I started taking Copaxone in mid-August 2016. The first 3-4 months, I didn't notice any real difference. After the first few weeks, I didn't have any more site reactions. For the last two months, I'm experiencing terrible joint pain. Leg cramps in the middle of the night, my hips are stiff; my shoulders hurt. just a little while ago, my hand was shaking sooo bad. It's scared me. So here's the thing - I'm not experiencing any of the other MS symptoms that I had before taking Copaxone. Gone are those electrical shock sensations, I'm not really more numb, the weird feeling that runs down my spine. It seems like I've traded one set of symptoms for another. Before copaxone, I enjoyed exercising. Now not so much. :("

Linny60 January 24, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "I stopped copaxone due to bad reactions. I haven't eat red meat, milk, cheese, yogurt and white bread. I only drink almond milk and try to eat heathy. I am also taking vitamin d 5000 mg, cranberry pills 3600 mg, turmeric pills, fish oil, b12. I been heathy even without injections. Also praying a lot "

Menymom September 13, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "Have been on Copaxone 20mg everyday for 14 yrs. Only one major flare up in 2011 that left me numb from waist down, had to learn to walk again. But only missed 5 days not taking Copaxone. Am okay with a shot everyday. Am now walking with a walker, no flare ups since 2012."

Ms Owl 53 (taken for 10 years or more) September 10, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "After dealing with the horrific side effects of Avonex, and being admitted into a hospital for four days after I was suspected of having PML due to my worsening of symptoms and low white blood count (thanks to Tecfidera), I finally found the right treatment for me. I couldn't be any more happier with Copaxone."

AnttiKokko (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "i have been taking copaxen for 5 years now for ms i started the 1 a days shot but a year ago went to 3 a day this stuff kept me ms in check if you get this drug i suggest you get a auto injector with it makes things easer"

spinningblades July 7, 2016