User Reviews for Glatopa

Learn more about Glatopa.

Multiple Sclerosis 3 reviews 87 medications

4.3
Summary of Glatopa reviews 3 reviews 4.3

Reviews for Glatopa

For Multiple Sclerosis "For what it's worth, I would not recommend switching to Glatopa yet (as it's still too new in the market). I was on Copaxone for 5 years and was doing great before the switch. Had I known what I know now, I would have opted for the alternative Copaxone financial assistance (a reimbursement program) to stay on the daily shot once Kaiser auto-switched patients to Glatopa (for cost saving purposes to them) without ensuring the negative side effects to patients because basically they just don't care. All that being said, within 6 months of switching to Glatopa, I ended up in the hospital with Transverse Myelitis for 10 days (with a 100K hospital bill) which is more than a relapse it's a completely new lesion on the spine. Anyway, while in the hospital a doctor told me that a generic does not have to be exactly the same ingredients as their predecessor. She said the generic drug can contain up to 20% of new proprietary ingredients). Wish I had known. It's unbelievable that Kaiser (or any doctor) would just switch patients to a new drug without that full disclosure or before the medication has been truly tested as a genuine safe replacement. I have since been referred to MS Center (where they don't recommend Glatopa - go figure). My new doctor (at MS Center) put me on Tysabri - which I hear is the "cadillac" of current MS treatments. Anyway, been doing fine on it so far with the exception of lingering nerve discomfort from the Glatopa relapse (for which I also take Gabapentin). Soon I will be back 100% and in the meantime...All is well!"

T.S. March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with MS a few months ago. Glatopa was the first drug prescribed. The auto-injector makes the daily injections easy to tolerate. I was on it for approximately one month before having an extreme adverse reaction that started immediately after an injection. It started with a strong metallic taste in my mouth, loud rushing sounds in my ears, and extreme dizziness and loss of motor functions followed by crushing chest pain and shortness of breath. The most severe symptoms lasted for 10-15 minutes, the chest pain for over an hour and the breathing problems for well over 2 hours. I believe I blacked out for several minutes at the onset of the reaction. I am currently not taking any MS medication."

CynthiaO (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Sclerosis "No side effects, same as Copaxone."

all nicknames taken January 7, 2016