Who makes Aubagio and where is it made?
Aubagio is made by Sanofi Genzyme which is the specialty care business arm of Sanofi. It is unclear where Aubagio is manufactured, as Sanofi has 69 manufacturing sites in 32 countries, but the new digital manufacturing site in Framingham, Ma, USA has been reported to make medicines for Sanofi Genzyme’s specialty care portfolio. Aubagio is a specialty medicine that may be used for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
This digital manufacturing site, in Framingham, Massachusetts, US, recently won the Facility of the Year Award in the Facility of the Future category from the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering. It is one of the first manufacturing plants of its kind worldwide, and the whole industrial process is digitalized and paperless, making it 80 times more productive than a traditional factory. It can make medicines in less time for twice the number of patients and within a smaller environmental footprint.
- Aubagio (teriflunomide). Updated 07/2021. Genzyme Corporation https://www.drugs.com/pro/aubagio.html
- Aubagio (teriflunomide). 2021. https://www.aubagio.com/
Related medical questions
- Does Aubagio cause weight gain or loss?
- Does Aubagio help with fatigue?
- Should I take Aubagio in the morning or night?
- What are the new drugs used for multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Does Aubagio suppress the immune system?
- Ocrevus vs Aubagio: How do they compare for MS?
- How long do Aubagio side effects last?
- Can Aubagio cause PML as a side effect?
- Does Aubagio work in multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- How long can you live with multiple sclerosis?
- What are the early warning signs of Multiple Sclerosis?
- Aubagio Information for Consumers
- Aubagio Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Aubagio (detailed)