User Reviews for Aubagio to treat Multiple Sclerosis

Aubagio Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 91 medications used in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.

Reviews for Aubagio

Nikumu · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 11, 2019

"I have been on aubagio for about 2 1/2 years. I did lose a bunch of my hair a couple months in but it stopped after the 4th month and has grown back. I feel great and I am very healthy. Take it with a grain of salt (may be a mistake or just a miracle) but I had a very bad old lesion on my brain which is now not visible at all. The doctors can’t really say why but at least for me it was well worth fighting through the first few months to be so stable."

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

"Have had M.S. since 19yrs. Now 60yrs. Was on Tysbri for 7 years no relapses. Then tested positive for C. J. Virus. Have taken Abugio for 6 months lots of hair loss and upset stomach also burning in feet. Haven't had MRI yet hope working."

JCV June 18, 2019

".I was diagnosed with MS 2001 however I was told I have had MS since I was in my 20's. My first and only medication so far has been Copaxone. I was tested for the JC Virus and came back positive. My Neurologist said the only medication I am able to take is Abagio. I have read the reviews and the side effects seem horrible...I am still deciding whether or not to try Abagio. June 16 2019...."

Lala · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

"I took aubagio for 6 months. My hair started to fall out and I was being billed for my blood work. I've stopped taking it for a little over a month now and I think my skin looks yellow. If you decide to take this you should do your homework and always get your bloodwork done"

Beck · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 2, 2019

"I experienced a great deal of hair loss. I also had a lot of GI issues. Also, Aubagio has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Because I moved I had a new neurologist who had not been informed of a protocol for ordering a lab. The doctor stated an aubagio rep has never even been to their office and they were unaware of the protocol. Well, I am stuck with an over 500 dollar lab bill. Aubagio normally pays for this lab, but told me there was nothing they could do since the doctor did not know the protocol. Very poor customer service. I have stopped taking this med and will never take it again."

Gary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 31, 2019

"Found out I have MS at 64years old and Aubagio is working excellently. I take it after dinner, with lots of water. A little hair loss is my only side effect. Good luck to everyone. Stay positive! And many thanks to the people who developed Aubiago!"

AB · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 26, 2019

"Love Aubagio, I've been taking it for about 14 months now and have no new activity/lesions based on MRI before starting Aubagio and one year later. Minimal side effects for me - initially some hair thinning but that sorted itself out after a couple of months. Should've started this sooner. Injecting Rebif was awful."

BettyBoop · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

"I was put on this as my first DMD (disease modifying drugs). Not happy with its low rate of effectiveness. Have a lot of brain lesions and four spinal cord lesions already. Yet my neurologist decided to put me on this lousy drug. It’s destroying my blood platelets and my white blood cell count. Doctor wants to wait to see if my blood counts stabilize before he takes me off it. It’s all I can do to choke the Aubagio pill down everyday—I hate it so much and have such little faith in it. I resent having been prescribed this garbage drug that’s hurting me instead of helping me."

Beavis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 8, 2019

"I have been on Aubagio for almost a year now. Had severe diarrhea for a few months. Started drinking a glass of Benefiber everyday and that completely fixed it. My stomach rumbles a lot. Other than that....ZERO side effects. Though like all these drugs... wonder if it is really effective or not in slowing progression. BTW, if you have insurance, there's a copay assist. I pay nothing for this medicine."

pooh · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2018

"I've had MS for 18 yrs., and have been taking Aubagio for 6 months-my 1st treatment. My MS was active and I had developed multiple new lesions with relapses. The first 3 months were rough with nausea, diarrhea, sleep disturbances, fatigue and an overall 'sick, flu-like' feeling. I stuck with it because the alternative is much worse. My hair has thinned but I anticipated that side effect. I have a runny nose most of the time and still have some diarrhea. I've had 2 relapses but they were only a few days in length. I am awaiting an MRI to determine if the Aubagio is working, so fingers crossed. I want to stay on it as Copaxone is the next option. My insurance doesn't cover Aubagio but I qualified for a bridging program, so I am forever grateful. Stick with it if you can tolerate the side effects for a couple of months and your neuro. approves. Hopefully they will subside for you, as well. Good luck to everyone managing this disease."

Me August 8, 2018

"I was on it for two years. I wanted to stop but neuro and husband insisted I had to take something and I wasn’t willing to give myself shots. I had some side effects from the beginning. It just kept getting worse and no one could tell me anything. Hair loss that still hasn’t come back, eye problems, severe headaches, messed up periods (I had my period for three months straight and never knew when it would start again or how long it would last), spotting, brain fog, depression, never felt well. Finally convinced doctor and husband I’m better off not taking anything and I’m doing much better."

Cubs fan · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 27, 2018

"I’ve been on Aubagio for 2 years. I had some side effects diarrhea and hair thinning. The hair thinning is starting to come back after 2 years. I love the ease of this versus injections."

Shaggy · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

"I was diagnosed with MS in 2008, late in life at the age of 48. I started on Copaxone and was on it until a few months ago, I only wanted to change as I was running out of injection sites. I started Aubagio 2 days ago, this is an awful drug!!!!! The side effects far outweigh the benefits and I'm only 2 days in!!! Headache, heart palpitations, numbness every where, pain every where. Scattered thoughts, a feeling of heaviness throughout my body, fatigue...it's HORRIBLE!!! I WILL not take another pill."

Shereld8808 · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2018

"My speech was slurring bad and I had some hair loss"

workingitout · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2018

"Diagnosed in May 2015. Started on Copaxone. Stayed with it for over 2 years before I couldn't take the pain from the injections any longer. Started Aubagio. I've been on it for about 6 months. For the first two months I couldn't get off the couch. I literally had zero energy. Wasn't sure if it was the disease or the meds at first. But it lasted too long to be the disease. It eased up a little bit and I started doing my thing again, but I never have felt "well" since I started taking the drug. Now 6 months in and I stopped 2 it days ago. I can't take it any more. Headaches, unrelenting fatigue, disorientation, tingling in my head and neck (like hair standing up), blurry vision, depression, stomach upset, irritability, did I say fatigue. I'm not an advocate for not taking meds for this disease even though I know they are poisoning our bodies, but if the consequence is dealing with daily misery and pain then no thanks."

Dobi · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2018

"Diagnosed 3 years ago- now know that I've had MS for 30 years. Stopped Copaxone due to awful injection site reactions, then after playing the insurance game, started Aubagio 3 months ago. The side effects of these medications are worse than the disease!! I stopped taking it a week ago due to horrific muscle/ joint pain, daily pounding headaches, blurry vision, diarrhea, ear congestion, neuropathy in hands/feet and extreme fatigue. I'm supposed to call my Dr in 2 weeks to discuss how I feel after 3 weeks off. Seriously, these meds that are designed to help are poison! I'm going to stay off the "preventives" and continue my clean eating and aquatic exercise."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2018

"6 weeks in, mostly gastric issues, abdominal pain. Hand and arm tingling. First blood test revealed slightly increased ALT. General feeling of fatigue."

Rexpaws December 18, 2017

"I was diagnosed with MS in 2005 and started on Rebif in 2006. Side effects included weird cravings, depression and massive nodules at the injection sites. Which didn't help as I am also diabetic and was running out of places to inject. Had four relapses. Then changed to Aubagio last year. 1 month in I got Chickenpox from severe immune suppression. 3 months in my hair fell out, by the handfulls. 6 months in I started getting burning hands and feet (?Aubagio/?diabetes). Am currently having a relapse, but not as bad as before. My thighs have recovered completely. My hair is thicker than ever. And I've stopped taking my antidepressants. Only thing is the burning, which comes and goes. Love the packaging! Helps me remember if I've taken them."

Squirrels779 · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2017

"I started Aubagio 2 weeks ago. I've been on Copaxone (horrible site reactions days after injection), Avonex (serious gastric issues and no progress in regression), Gilenya, (horrible headaches for the time on it and also showed not to be working.), Tecfidera (found I have tested positive for JVC with high risk for PML). Which brings me to Aubagio. I take it at night with some tylenol every other day and have had NO side effects. It may be to early to tell about the thinning hair, but I do drink, 3 times a week, protein shake "muscle milk, 25mg protein and take biotin. I have felt great. Also, the damage to my hands (nerve pain and stiffness) seems to be letting up. If it still feels this good by the end of Nov will let Aubagio know"

Blondiems · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2017

"I have had MS since 99. Been on shots and different pills. So far Aubagio has been really good. I take at night so I don't have side affects,I also take 2 Tylenol PM with it to keep any issues away, works great! Just don't like the hair loss..will be addressing with hair tech. The PM pill really does help, please try for the people still in it. Bladder,I had fix years ago so I don't have issues with that. Please try..."

Jenny Lynne · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2017

"I've had MS since I was fifteen, I'm fifty-four now. I started taking Aubagio in June. Since then I've had frequent diarrhea, extreme swelling of my ankles and feet because of water retention, a large kidney stone (1 cm), probably not from the Aubagio, but still, an antibiotic resistant bladder infection which led to two plus week hospitalization, my toenails are falling off, leading to cellulitis, and a cold (I hadn't had a cold in three years). I truly believe that this medication will kill me if I don't stop taking it and I plan to find another MS medication."

Posy September 21, 2017

"MS for 4 years, started first on Copaxone, which did not stop the lesions changed to Aubagio, after 1 year on Copaxone, by my Neurologist, who by the way is a world class expert ( lucky). I have had no further lesions or relapses. Hair thinning and loss, and nausea for the first 6 months, now resolved. Overall I feel better, with more energy, so I am happy with it"

Michigan Mary · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2017

"Was on Aubagio for 5 months. Extreme hair loss even with biotin supplements. Nasty digestive issues that eased up after 2 months but never stopped completely. Early in month 5, I noticed some rather large masses growing under the skin in my forearms. Stopped the drug a few weeks later and they stopped growing after 5 days. Had them surgically removed yesterday. The surgeon said it was not at all what he was expecting to find. The largest one had fingered into my arm wrapping around tendons and bones and required a lot of scraping. We thought they were shrinking but they were actually just moving deeper. I did not like this drug at all and am glad to be off of it. Waiting for biopsy results with fingers crossed."

Miss Mimi · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 11, 2017

"On Aubagio for 18 months. My rating is for oral use and no new recent lesions on MRI results only. Had MS for 12 years, I am 49. Started on Rebif 3 yrs, then Copaxone 1.5, had horrible skin irritation on both so then Tysabri for almost 8 years. LOVED Tysabri!! Unfortunately tested JC Virus + and had too many risk factors so had to go off of it. I am not a fan of Aubagio. All these symptoms are since starting Aubagio: Numbness/tingling in hands/arms, legs/feet, bladder issues, vision issues (can hardly drive at night anymore), no energy, headaches, and overall just do not feel like myself. So far no new lesions, but a host of side effects. Not sure it's worth it. Do your research!"

Alidawn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2016

"I've had MS for 25 years. Been on every med there is I think. Started Aubagio 7mos ago. The medication seems to be working however, the side effects have been very real. Hair loss has been more than minimal for me but has slowed down now. Feeling out of it is how I feel most days but I do have more energy. I do have headaches most days but they are tolerable with increased water intake. Incontinence seems to be worse but I just started a new med that is working there. I've had mouth sores and boils which I've never had before. My depression has gotten worse and I cry a lot it seems. Stomach upset and diarrhea have subsided but the dry skin is a pain. My brain lesion activity has stopped however, my balance, vision and endurance Are worse."

Learn more about Multiple Sclerosis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)