User Reviews for Lemtrada to treat Multiple Sclerosis

Lemtrada has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. 57% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Lemtrada Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 95 medications used in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.

Reviews for Lemtrada

NANCY · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 6, 2021

“I was diagnosed in 2005 and no matter what drug I was on there was no improvement and only deterioration. Then in 2/2018 and my first infusion of Lemtrada and 3/2019 the second. First time ever an improvement and no flair ups. Wish I had this long ago.”

Shay1019 · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 19, 2020

“I am 2.5 years post Lemtrada. I have had MS for almost 30 years. NEDA since taking the drug. I developed hyperthyroidism Graves’ Disease and see an endocrinologist and now take a pill. Other than this draw back. I am doing fine. I have not got any worse and also haven’t got any better. I have started doing emsculpt to build up my core muscles. My posture and muscles seem to be improving. I am also lifting light weights 3/5 pounds respectively. I feel that Lemtrada has been a good choice for me. I am building up strength and my daily living is much better after taking this drug. I just wish it had been available before the MS had ravaged my body, if this had been my first line of treatment I would be so much better! I would recommend. Nothing out there stronger to fight this disease.”

Shay September 14, 2020

“Lemtrada was a rough road in the beginning and I did develop Graves’ disease hyperthyroid I now see an endocrine doctor and take a pill. But my MS has been stable and I feel so much better! Lemtrada but it has been good for me.”

MS.Cure.Believe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 22, 2016

“I am 7 months post Lemtrada infusion. I feel fantastic! I have began old hobbies and took of new ones as well. From rock climbing to jogging and camping, hiking. I have seen a 90 o/o improvement in my condition. My vision has restored in my right eye. My leg does not give out nearly as if it had before. I started a jogging regimen too. My drawbacks have been off and on shingles outbreak and tonsill hole issues. I am glad I chose Lemtrada! It gave me my life back, to me it is the cure for MS!”

Notenoughmonitoring · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

“My daughter died on Mother’s Day this year following Lemtrada infusion. She was Round 1, day 13 . She was a Nurse Practitioner who specialized in Oncology. Her Infusion resulted in sepsis, reaction not accurately diagnosed, or treated . Make fully informed decisions.”

BK · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2019

“Wife was diagnosed 20 years ago with MS. She’s been thru the ABCs of treatments & drugs for MS. She has been very functional & has worked full time & raised two wonderful kids. We have persevered thru several scares over the years & have always been able to get back to her baseline. She has had 3 major exacerbations since her infusion in Nov. We have had 4 trips to the emergency room since then, and are currently in the 4th week of rehab learning how to function again. She has lost all feeling on her left torso and leg, is numb on the right side of her face and now has incontinence issues. She is suffering severe cognitive loss and will most likely not be able to return to her career. We were told that Lemtrada would Not cure MS, but prevent any flairups. Had we known it would Destroy her physically and mentally we would never have agreed. Lemtrada has destroyed our lives. We would have been better off to do nothing. Supposedly she is 1 of 3 cases that have had this reaction.”

Kaybee · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 29, 2018

“I’m 32 work FT , I was dx with MS in 2008. I started with Copaxone in 2008 - MRI found new lesions so switch to Tysabri 2009-2012 (JC-VIRUS positive I stop taking because I was scared) started Gilenya 2012-2013 new lesions was found) so I was switch medication to *Tecfidera* with this medications I’ve had 5 flare’s up which I never had any flare ups with previous therapy this much since 2008 but my physician saw the new lesions and had to find a more aggressive therapy. Lemtrada was recommended in 2015 . It was rough. I needed a plasma exchange 3 months of my infusion due to another flare . I finished my two rounds 2016. A year after infusion I lost my vision in right eye ( optic neuritis) June 2017 lasted for 4 weeks . MARCH 2018- I'm doing great no flare up since JUNE 2017 Thanks for your reviewing”

Grumpy Bear · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2019

“I have had two rounds of Lemtradra. I left the hospital will all over body itching. Now 4 years later I have thyroid disease and terrible migraines. This drug has been painful and the side effects debilitating. I still get new lesions and suffer more. I wish I never did lemtradra.”

Skillz4dayz August 8, 2017

“Hi all. I am still on the fence on Lemtrada. I know there is no magic pill. It has slowed down the flares. My symptoms seem to have progressed. I guess it is fair to say maybe my expectations were too high?? It has been 7 months. I will update this if I see a shift. Very glad others had good experiences. Baby steps. Thanks”

meanmomma · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2019

“Everything has been fantastic!! I have kept a great positive attitude that is most important. No surprises so far. I was told of everything to expect. I came into this experience knowing that my body was going to have random misfires throughout the process and have dealt with everything as it comes. I have been really tired. Stay away from germs for sure. Only eat good healthy food cooked at home. I have started Juicing many veggies and some fruits and that have helped tremendously. Yes I will say I still have a little bit of chocolate for a dessert :). I would like to thank all of the scientists that have created Lemtrada.”

Lauren · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 25, 2018

“I have had two doses of Lemtrada, not noticing a great improvement, but not going backwards either. I have found it to produce frequent UTI's. DON'T count on Genzyme to pay for urinalysis. They pay for the one monthly, but if your doctor determines an infection and sends you for more testing, Genzyme will not pay. I have just received a $375 bill from Quest for a urinalysis with culture. Genzyme has determined cultures are not necessary and as such, will not pay. It is clear UTI's are a side effect, why won't they pay to find out which antibiotic works to treat your particular infection??? Good question. Absolutely no help from MS 1 to 1 program, from nurse to supervisor. Very, very disgusted with this and with Genzyme. Beware of expensive lab testing. Genzyme won't pay.”

Cali December 29, 2019

“I started Lemtrada Dec19 and only diagnosed with RMS a month prior. I've never felt so dehydrated, despite drinking litres and litres of water throughout treatment. Methyl Prednisone also makes it hard to sleep and I barely got 20 hrs in 5 days. Come Friday I had not poo'd all week and had a mild fever and chills come the end of my last day. Arriving home I felt like I had been run over by a bus. A couple of days later I broke out in itchy hives and had to take a high dose of Steroids, which I am still weening off today. I wake up with a headache (like a hangover) with most of my MS symptoms every day since. Lemtrada got rid of the "MS Hug" that I had for ages -happy to see the end of that. It's been so long since I felt normal but I am grateful to finally get treated for this MS that I've had for a very long time, without knowing. I just hope Lemtrada can help me get some feeling back in my hands.”

KH · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 28, 2020

“I'm 10 months post round 2 and I am a different person. Halfway through the second round they couldn't get me to take a nap which was unusual and I had a lot more energy. One week after that I had a Dr's. Appointment with my Rheumatologist because I have Lupus also and I had so much more energy and so alive that they wanted to see if it had any effect on that so I was all for it...I was curious too. My ANA lab came back and it still Detected it but when they ran a Lupus Panel, all numbers were 0 except 2 and they were a "1" & "2" which basically all negatives for lupus in a sense. They took me off the drugs for that at my choice and i've not taken them since so I am very thankful for this drug.”

#nomoreflares · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2017

“Easy infusion. The best you can get. It gave me my life back!! No.....more.....flares!!”

Sherif January 15, 2020

“Lemtrada is giving me stable MRI'S with no new progression of my MS. This (At time of entry) is months after second infusion. I still get flare ups.”

Learn more about Multiple Sclerosis