User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Also known as: Neoral, Gengraf, Sandimmune

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

Organ Transplant, Re...tion Prophylaxis

6.3

Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 8.9 14 reviews

Reviews for Cyclosporine

Bronny August 23, 2019

For Eczema: "After suffering for years with eczema I started I’ve light therapy 3 times a week as well as 200mg cyclosporine . All was getting better for about 4 months then it came back with a vengeance. My dermatologist thought was to up the dose to 300mg. No better. So then he started me on Mycophenolate 200mg in the morning and the same at night as well as 100 mg cyclosporine in the morning and 200 mg at night. Still no better , so he added another 200 mg Mycophenolate at lunchtime. Then, oh boy did I flare up. All my legs and arms were covered. Oh did I mention I was using tubes and tubes of elephrat ointment as well. After 6 months of this I ended up in the ER with superficial blood clots and cellulitis in the arms. 12 days in hospital as the IV antibiotics were not working . Home again. Then 3 months later back again for a deep infection in the inner thigh that they had to operate on. Another week in hospital. I have stopped all meds now"

· Taken for 1 to 2 years July 19, 2019

For Eczema: "Cyclosporine gave me my life back. After years of struggling with severe eczema and allergies, which affected my social life, family life and even my career .Once finding the right dose I felt like a 'normal person' and my quality of life increased massively. Although the fact that this is a harsh drug and the side effects do scare me, I can now live a normal life.I have a lot to owe my dermatologist for prescribing me this drug.(UK)"

I.TCH · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2018

For Psoriasis: "I felt and looked better in days. Clear within 2 months. Had to discontinue due to kidney damage."

Mary · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 18, 2018

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "I've been taking cyclosporine for over 6 years. My current dose is 200 mg/day. I have an autoimmune disease called TTP and this med keeps me in remission with no noticeable side effects."

carole7144 July 13, 2017

For Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis since I was about 4 years old I'm now 53 years old, I've tried steroids, tar treatments, uv light treatments, I've taken methotrexate for over a year with no improvement, also Acetretin, with no improvement . I have now started on Cyclosporine 150mg twice a day, I'm now into Day 8 and the improvement of my psoriasis is mind blowing, I'm so pleased ,"

Zoe1987 December 28, 2016

For Eczema: "I have suffered with eczema since being 17 and it was manageable. Since having my second child 14 months ago it's started a a 50 pence peace size on the back of my neck and has now spread all over my neck ears face flares up. I was put on steroids for 10 every two months before I seen the dermatologist and she put on neoral 200mg a day it clears for the first 6 weeks and. Then it's back with a venagnce big time and am still taking he medication. It it no longer works for me now. I have gone back to steroids today because the flare up is so bad I can't even leave the house."

vdubssss July 14, 2016

For Psoriasis: "i just started take 200mg a day for about 3 weeks now and it has pretty much cleared up. it's still in process but there was a huge difference. the only side effect I have had was being constipated which sucks, but would rather have that than psoriasis lol. i took methotrexate for about 2 months but that didn't help out all. I am very happy I switched to cyclosporine (:"

Merlin123 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 27, 2014

Neoral (cyclosporine) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I had weight gain once I was use to taking this medicine In talking to other kidney transplant people that are on this medicine they have a weight gain also. My eating habits have not changed. Taking this medicine with water makes my stomach sick."

Purple3121 July 8, 2013

Neoral (cyclosporine) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "After years struggling with acute Eczema, I was prescribed UVB 3 times a week. It worked for a while, then the effectiveness wore off slowly. Years later, after trying several medicines/creams I was prescribed Neoral 300mg/day. Within days I saw a remarkable recovery, within weeks I was mostly cured. The side effects I suffer from are minute compared to the suffering I have endured previously with Eczema. Most days my hands/feet are burning, so hot they feel cold, extreme temperatures, hot/cold seem to make it worse, when I wash my hands, I can't tell whether the water is ice cold or burning hot. Colds, flu, chest, ear and throat infections make up most of my winters but I still would prefer to take Neoral, than have debilating eczema."

Jamy November 30, 2011

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Had extremely active colitis, was hospitalized and given IV Cyclosporine as a last resort. Started feeling better within 2 days. Was in hospital for 8 days and feel amazing. That was 5 months ago and still feel great. Slight tingling in hands and feet and extra hair growth but nothing you can't live with to feel better. Best medicine ever."

cyclosporine January 4, 2011

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "I'm a 32 y/o male. Ive been taking cyclosporine for about a week now and its let me keep my own platelets without any transfusions. The only side effects I've had so far is headaches and some abdominal pain. I have an Autoimmune disease called ITP which attacks my platelets."

JeffArender September 12, 2010

Gengraf (cyclosporine) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I am 7 years post Kidney transplant. I have been taking Gengraf and Myfortic for about 4 years. I have had no problems with rejection. I started out taking Cellcept and Neoral but had to change because of my insurance made it too expensive. "

Anonymous June 4, 2008

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "After using steriods for many years that stopped working I was put on cyclosporine. My body reacted well to it and within approximately 3 weeks my symptoms had nearly disappeared. I unfortuntely get some side effects from it such as tiredness and headaches. "

kjeffstewart March 7, 2008

Neoral (cyclosporine) for Psoriasis: "In the UK after many years in the Middle East, my psoriasis, unnoticeable in the warm climate, returned as heavy scales on my arms, legs and stomach. Prescribed NEORAL I was completely clear after six weeks with no side effects. After 20 months my does was reduced by 25% and within three months my psoriasis had returned although not as heavy. My dosage was changed back two weeks ago, and already there is a marked difference in my skin, hopefully I will be clear again soon!"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)