User Reviews for Mometasone

Nasal Polyps

Sinus Symptoms

Summary of Mometasone reviews 7.1 50 reviews

Reviews for Mometasone

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "I use nasonex for sinus/nasal swelling that causes headaches or fluid build up in my ears. It had always been more effective than antihistamines or anti inflammatory meds. I have issues with dry mouth and I think nasonex aggravates it, but I had to quit nasonex completely once I got dental implants. I got 4 dental implants, and nasonex causes the gum tissue around them to become so sensitive that I get queasy when my check touches rubs against my gums. It takes a long time to get better and my allergist and dentist are perplexed. There is no redness, or sores, in fact the gums look 100% normal, but the sensitivity is extremely uncomfortable and can last for weeks. It is awful that I have to choose which issue I have to live with. One doctor did say they saw a very very faint white lace pattern on the gums where it hurt, but everyone else said they saw no sign of something being physically wrong."

MadHater (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2018

For Sinus Symptoms: "Quite good so far"

Shirley (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I suffer year round severe allergies with runny sneezy nose, blocked sinuses and itchy red watery eyes. This product works... BUT for me it isn't worth the side effects - chronic diarrhea, blurred vision, total loss of taste and smell, lethargy, anxiety, headaches and abdominal cramps. I was taking it last year and had these symptoms, then stopped and they went away but I didn't connect the two until THIS time when I went on it again, been on about 3 months and back came the symptoms. So I did an online search and found so many others with the same experience using Nasonex. So this week I stopped again and will never use it again. This product can also cause Glaucoma and cataracts - how can people be ready to risk the serious side effects of this just for hayfever? I'd rather sneeze my way through life then be blind... and now I know why my vision has been blurry :("

DFE (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Nasonex changed my life!! I have severe hay fever symptoms but using Nasonex every night before going to sleep relieved all symptoms. I have been using it for 8 years and I can genuinely say that it changed my life."

Hannah (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 20, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Took 1 dose in the evening to alleviate allergy symptoms. The next morning my throat was hurting more and my nose was plugged. Throughout the day my body started hurting & I could feel my throat starting to close up. My tongue & uvula were swollen, my body was in immense pain, my hands were very red & I was extremely lightheaded. I waited for an hour at the doctors before almost going into anaphylactic shock. I got an injection, went home, & proceeded to take another dose of the nasal spray. That’s when it struck me that it’s the nasal spray that gave me this reaction. Immediately the body pains & lightheadedness were back, this time accompanied by a very intense headache, fever & chills. I took some antihistamines & went to bed, this feeling didn’t go away until I went back to the doctor the next day for another allergy shot. I’m now on a hefty dose of antihistamines, & I noticed the lining of my nose is swollen & slightly yellow. I hope I recover from this soon."

Lu April 20, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Mometasone was prescribed by my Allergy Specialist. Every time I use it as prescribed I start to sneeze and my nose starts to run and run. It does not work for me! Very frustrating!!"

Mel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2018

For Nasal Polyps: "Mometasone is very effective medicine for nasal polyps treatment"

Raju m (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "My son experienced adverse reaction the morning after 1st dose (1 spray per nostril ) he complained of headache I thought was just because of his colds, he coughed more frequently and late in the afternoon he has low grade fever then he complained his legs ache, I relate all these with different things like another cold, too much playing , then I read the drug info thats when I had a hunch, so after second spray I observed his reaction on the first 2 hours , then the coughing happened again .I will stop the spray now and find a way to talk to the doctor tomorrow. I gave him Benadryl syrup and nebulize him with salbutamol . His usual treatment during attacks. .."

DeanM November 12, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "I've been using nasonex for a good 3 weeks. Now and it really doesn't seem to work at all. If anything it seems to make my nose even more runny and now I can even taste it... use with caution, it could make your problem worst."

MaelstromDragons October 10, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "For almost two years I have taken nasonex to control allergies, however, the side effects of it, mostly occurring upon waking, and lasting about 5-6 hours, are unbearable: chronic, tension headaches, extreme fatigue, and some dizziness. I never could relate the side effects to the nasal spray until I had exhausted every other possibility including diet, hydration, other medications, vitamins and herb supplements. Through a long process of elimination, and reading other posts online, I finally determined it was the Nasonex of Mometasone Fuorate spray. You are not alone! Horrible headaches and lasting fatigue are not worth it!!"

Hunter7766677 October 3, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've had hayfever for over a decade now and every summer I have suffered very badly with it, I had tried everything from pharmacy to natural remedies which weren't helping and every year my summers would be ruined due to being ill with it constantly but I recently got given nasonex by my doctor and within 2 days I had no hayfever symptoms and haven't now for over 3 weeks since I've had it although the pollen count has been high throughout, very grateful for this product."

Kp1011 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Nasal Polyps: "The delivery system for Nasonex is terrible. I have switched to Sensease which is the same medication just different brand that has a much more effective dispenser."

DazzaCSS (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 4, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Recently began using the generic form of Nasonex and it is not managing my symptoms as well."

Jaden66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "This medication has helped me with my sinus headaches that I get often (not just with seasonal allergies). It helps with opening up my swollen nasal passages when my allergies are act up."

Paula Darlene (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "I was prescribed this nasal spray as a form of treatment for symptoms of sinus. Before I started using Nasonex I was having at least three sinus infections a year which required antibiotics to clear up the pain, build of mucus etc. I take one spray in each nostril every night. And thankfully I haven't had an antibiotic for a sinus infection in a few years."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 6, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "First of all, it didn't really help me, I still suffered as much after I used it a few times for a sinusitis that was about to start. Second, it caused a huge cold sore to burst on my lip. I only had a cold sore once before (the first time I was infected) so I don't have have much doubt that Nasonex is what caused it."

Samielle (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It worked very instantly, it was a great product. Then I stopped after 2 weeks and it came back straight away. So I had to take it until the entire season finished to prevent the allergic reaction coming again. The product is good except for the horrible leak that drips down your nasal path into the back of your throat."

Lisaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Negligible improvement of Chronic Rhinitis. Multiple nasty side effects including, headaches, sore throat, muscular aches in throat, neck and back as far down as the kidneys, occasional dizziness. These symptoms started after about a week of one puff per nostril per day. And they are persisting six weeks after stopping use of this product. It is like having a mild dose of influenza without any fever or elevated body temperature. It might work for some people, but for me it is very bad news."

Slipstreamer (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been taking Nasonex for 8 years for seasonal allergies to various tree pollens. I get the horribly itchy eyes/nose/palate and runny nose. If I start taking Nasonex a few weeks prior to spring pollen season, it really helps and reduces about 90% of my symptoms. This way, I can still function for the month or two of pollen season. I would recommend this to people with Birch tree allergies."

Koney (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I had a cold with a stuffy nose so I don't know why my Doctor prescribed this for me. I wish I could give this product a zero. It did absolutely nothing for me except give me severe nosebleeds. I would love to contact the company to complain but I can't find their contact information anywhere. Worst 50 bucks I ever spent."

ilydietcoke February 24, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Nasonex worked grateful for my sinuses. It help with preventing headaches. The bad thing is I LOST MY SENSE OF SMELL. I used it for a very short time and stopped when I realized I couldn't smell. It has been over 3 months since I used it. The sense hasn't returned. I also lost my sense for taste. The taste came back after 2 or 3 weeks of not using the product."

Honesty 7 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have Allergic Rhinitis since I was a kid unfortunately I was told that there is no cure for this allergy it will be with me for the rest of my life - doctors have always treated my so called sinus issue with Flu medication and sinus medication to be honest it worked for a hour max and I am back where I started. A doctor prescribed Kestine and Nasonex almost 15 years ago I used it for the first two days and every time when we the seasons change. To-date I still use the same products and I don't regret using it since - honestly the best medication available for people who have Allergic Rhinitis. "

Oskido February 10, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Has never once worked in opening my sinuses during a cold or flu... Pretty much useless as far as I can tell."

Frank245 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2015

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Nasonex worked quickly at helping the inflammation in my throat but I was getting daily headaches so I had to stop using it."

Kiki5150 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I began using Nasonex to help with nasal congestion and snoring. Worked really well. I was also on Cymbalta and Lamictal for depression. About the same time I started the Nasonex, I began to suffer from acute, chronic migraines, as many as 20 per month. I went through 5 different neurologists/specialists during a SIX year period in which I was more or less bedridden. When the drug company stopped supplying it in September, I had to stop taking it, and haven't had a migraine since. Doctors need to be made more aware of the link between Nasonex and migraines. This condition is incredibly hard to diagnose and treat, as everyone has different triggers. Doctors don't know- for six years they got nowhere-- I was the one who figured it out."

CateN12 December 15, 2015