User Reviews for Mometasone nasal

3.7

Summary of Mometasone reviews 6.9 61 reviews

Reviews for Mometasone

sash · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

For Sinus Symptoms: "I've been using this mometasone nasal spray for a while and it worked really well for my allergy symptoms. Since I started the spray, I've been getting unusual migraines constantly, which I RARELY get. It was only today that I finally connected the dots and found that the spray is the reason I've been getting these migraines. It works super well for my allergies but I don't think I can continue because of this side effect!"

Mich · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2019

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "This was the worst experience of side affects with these his nasal spray!! It exacerbated my anxiety , and gave me heart palpitations, not to mention pressure behind my eyes omg it was so bad I didn’t know what was going on I didn’t know this till I googled ! So many have complained of the same things!! Heart palpitations and eye pain was the worst !!! I will stick to my saline nasal spray ! This stuff is really nasty !!!"

ed · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 11, 2019

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Naxonex a WONDER DRUG for me. Incredibly safe, very effective. Has transformed my hay fever symptoms and has no side effects in most people. I'll continue using it every year."

Filip · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2019

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It treated my pollen allergy over night. No side effects that I can point out."

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2019

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "Nasonex was recommended by my ENT to assist with symptoms of eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD) which I’ve endured for a couple of months now. I used Nasonex for 4 weeks and found it did nothing apart from make me feel nauseous and made my nasal passages extremely dry with slight blood in mucus, I also had a sore throat. I took myself off it and use saline nasal sprays instead, I find they do more for me and keep my nasal passages moist."

Aquakiwi · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 15, 2019

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "The product works well. The problem is the packaging. Why don't manufacturers stop using so much unnecessary packaging for their products when disposal is such a growing problem. Nasonex Allergy comes in a lovely plastic container that does not require a huge cardboard box, more than twice the size of the container. There is now a large space just for directions. Its about time these manufacturers started getting a little innovative with their packaging and reduced the need for unwanted excessive packaging that continues to produce problems for landfill."

Always Iris · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2019

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been using Nasonex for over a year, but not consistently. I finally became so miserable with a horrible migraine that I couldn't connect to anything else that I checked side effects. Sure enough, Nasonex is what triggers my migraines. Not only that, I now realize it's what has been making me so mysteriously ill with horrible aches and joint pain, nausea and extreme exhaustion that hits me about 3-4 days a week, which is how often I use Nasonex. I would much rather have a runny nose than feel this sick."

Anna · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2019

For Sinus Symptoms: "Was prescribed this to treat suspected chronic sinusitis. Well, 2-3 days after starting the spray, my symptoms turned from what looked like allergy (post-nasal drip, clear nasal discharge, sneezing), to a full-on infection, complete with facial pain, very thick yellow/green mucous, severe congestion, headaches, no sleep, mouth breathing at night, virtually no sleep. I went from a functioning person to someone who couldn’t even get the kids off to school in the mornings. Got put on a round of antibiotics which did nothing, currently waiting on x ray results to find out what on earth is going on. Be warned, the information sheet early states that this medication can exacerbate an exisiting viral or bacterial infection, and I’m pretty sure that is what happened here."

komqas · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been using Mometasone Furoate 50g Nasal spray from the last 4 months and its a miracle for my rhinitis allergy. I got a runny nose, sneezing, headache all year round from the last 15 years and been using a lot of medicines like Rigix, Loratadine, Avamys spray but nothing worked. I started researching about this allergy, find out this spray and talk to my doctor about it. This is the only spray that has worked, I feel so relieved and no symptoms so far."

Sandycat November 3, 2018

Nasonex (mometasone) for Nasal Polyps: "This medication was very good until I got a new insurance plan.That is when I couldn't afford it anymore."

NJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Horrible drug. Started using it and within 24 hours, I'd started getting severe anxiety, and severe depression . Came off of it, tried again at a lower dose, same thing to a slightly lesser degree. Also gave me headaches and a tight feeling in my throat. Can't take any lower a dose really or it won't be effective. Never using this stuff again."

MadHater · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 19, 2018

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "I use nasonex for sinus/nasal swelling that causes headaches or fluid build up in my ears. It had always been more effective than antihistamines or anti inflammatory meds. I have issues with dry mouth and I think nasonex aggravates it, but I had to quit nasonex completely once I got dental implants. I got 4 dental implants, and nasonex causes the gum tissue around them to become so sensitive that I get queasy when my check touches rubs against my gums. It takes a long time to get better and my allergist and dentist are perplexed. There is no redness, or sores, in fact the gums look 100% normal, but the sensitivity is extremely uncomfortable and can last for weeks. It is awful that I have to choose which issue I have to live with. One doctor did say they saw a very very faint white lace pattern on the gums where it hurt, but everyone else said they saw no sign of something being physically wrong."

Shirley · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2018

For Sinus Symptoms: "Quite good so far"

DFE · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2018

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I suffer year round severe allergies with runny sneezy nose, blocked sinuses and itchy red watery eyes. This product works... BUT for me it isn't worth the side effects - chronic diarrhea, blurred vision, total loss of taste and smell, lethargy, anxiety, headaches and abdominal cramps. I was taking it last year and had these symptoms, then stopped and they went away but I didn't connect the two until THIS time when I went on it again, been on about 3 months and back came the symptoms. So I did an online search and found so many others with the same experience using Nasonex. So this week I stopped again and will never use it again. This product can also cause Glaucoma and cataracts - how can people be ready to risk the serious side effects of this just for hayfever? I'd rather sneeze my way through life then be blind... and now I know why my vision has been blurry :("

Hannah · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 20, 2018

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Nasonex changed my life!! I have severe hay fever symptoms but using Nasonex every night before going to sleep relieved all symptoms. I have been using it for 8 years and I can genuinely say that it changed my life."

Lu April 20, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Took 1 dose in the evening to alleviate allergy symptoms. The next morning my throat was hurting more and my nose was plugged. Throughout the day my body started hurting & I could feel my throat starting to close up. My tongue & uvula were swollen, my body was in immense pain, my hands were very red & I was extremely lightheaded. I waited for an hour at the doctors before almost going into anaphylactic shock. I got an injection, went home, & proceeded to take another dose of the nasal spray. That’s when it struck me that it’s the nasal spray that gave me this reaction. Immediately the body pains & lightheadedness were back, this time accompanied by a very intense headache, fever & chills. I took some antihistamines & went to bed, this feeling didn’t go away until I went back to the doctor the next day for another allergy shot. I’m now on a hefty dose of antihistamines, & I noticed the lining of my nose is swollen & slightly yellow. I hope I recover from this soon."

Mel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 4, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Mometasone was prescribed by my Allergy Specialist. Every time I use it as prescribed I start to sneeze and my nose starts to run and run. It does not work for me! Very frustrating!!"

Raju m · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2017

For Nasal Polyps: "Mometasone is very effective medicine for nasal polyps treatment"

DeanM November 12, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "My son experienced adverse reaction the morning after 1st dose (1 spray per nostril ) he complained of headache I thought was just because of his colds, he coughed more frequently and late in the afternoon he has low grade fever then he complained his legs ache, I relate all these with different things like another cold, too much playing , then I read the drug info thats when I had a hunch, so after second spray I observed his reaction on the first 2 hours , then the coughing happened again .I will stop the spray now and find a way to talk to the doctor tomorrow. I gave him Benadryl syrup and nebulize him with salbutamol . His usual treatment during attacks. .."

MaelstromDragons October 10, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "I've been using nasonex for a good 3 weeks. Now and it really doesn't seem to work at all. If anything it seems to make my nose even more runny and now I can even taste it... use with caution, it could make your problem worst."

Hunter7766677 October 3, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "For almost two years I have taken nasonex to control allergies, however, the side effects of it, mostly occurring upon waking, and lasting about 5-6 hours, are unbearable: chronic, tension headaches, extreme fatigue, and some dizziness. I never could relate the side effects to the nasal spray until I had exhausted every other possibility including diet, hydration, other medications, vitamins and herb supplements. Through a long process of elimination, and reading other posts online, I finally determined it was the Nasonex of Mometasone Fuorate spray. You are not alone! Horrible headaches and lasting fatigue are not worth it!!"

Kp1011 · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've had hayfever for over a decade now and every summer I have suffered very badly with it, I had tried everything from pharmacy to natural remedies which weren't helping and every year my summers would be ruined due to being ill with it constantly but I recently got given nasonex by my doctor and within 2 days I had no hayfever symptoms and haven't now for over 3 weeks since I've had it although the pollen count has been high throughout, very grateful for this product."

DazzaCSS · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 4, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone) for Nasal Polyps: "The delivery system for Nasonex is terrible. I have switched to Sensease which is the same medication just different brand that has a much more effective dispenser."

Jaden66 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Recently began using the generic form of Nasonex and it is not managing my symptoms as well."

Paula Darlene · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 9, 2016

Nasonex (mometasone) for Sinus Symptoms: "This medication has helped me with my sinus headaches that I get often (not just with seasonal allergies). It helps with opening up my swollen nasal passages when my allergies are act up."