User Reviews for Guaifenesin / phenylephrine

Also known as: Gilphex TR, Despec, Nasex-G, Deconex, Sudex, Entex LA, Amidal, Prolex D, Amitex LA, Phenavent, Crantex LA Tablets, Sitrex, Xpect-PE, Guaiphen-D 600, Guaiphen-D 1200, Donatussin Drops, Simuc, Zotex GPX, Duomax, Guaifen PE, Norel EX, Aldex G, Nexphen PD, Reluri, Nariz, Duraphen 1000, Lusonex, Dynex LA, Miraphen PE, Extendryl G, Rescon-GG, Maxiphen, Guaphenyl LA, MontePhen, Gentex LA, Xedec II, Liquibid-D, Simuc-GP, Zotex-GP, Triaminic Chest & Nasal Congestion, Duratuss PE, Sitrex PD, Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief PE, Mydex, Medent-PE, Nazarin, Ambi 40/1000, J-Max, Medent-PEI, Mucus Relief Sinus, D-Phen 1000, Mucinex Children's Stuffy Nose & Cold, Visonex, Deconex IR, Guiadex PD, Guiatex PE, Entex LQ, Aquatab D, Respa-PE, Liquibid D-R, Liquibid PD-R, Relcof IR, Lusair, D-Tab, ExeTuss, ExeTuss-GP, MucaphEd, Fenesin PE IR, Reese Onetab Congestion & Cough, Nu-COPD, Supress-PE, Zyrphen, PE-Guai, Chest Congestion Relief PE, Tussi-Pres PE, Sinupan, Deconsal Pediatric, Mucus Relief PE, Efasin, Chemdal, Quindal, Endal, SINUvent PE, Crantex, Crantex LA Capsules, Entex ER, Duraphen II, Liquibid-PD, Crantex ER, Liquibid-D 1200, Phenavent LA, Quintex, Phenavent D, Deconsal II, Guaifed Caps, Guaifed PD, Sina-12X, Tussbid, Phenavent PED, Nescon-PD, Pendex, Prolex PD, Aldex, Duravent PE, Nasex, ED Bron GP, Duratuss, Duratuss GP, Guaiphen-PD, Wellbid-D, Wellbid-D 1200, Xedec …show all brand names

Sinus Symptoms

Cough and Nasal Congestion
8.5

Summary of Guaifenesin/phenylephrine reviews 9.4 11 reviews

Reviews for Guaifenesin/phenylephrine

Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2018

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "If you look up the drug, the generic forms are available over the counter or OTC, like "pseudoephedrine" which is Sudafed as most of us know it. And for Entex LA (Guaifenesin and Phenylephrine) which is Musinex PE. Phenylyphrine is not as good as Sudafed. Luckily each of these come just by themselves, and you can take it accordingly based on your symptoms. It is interesting because as a kid I had chronic congestion, and ear infections due to the congestion. (Parents were smokers) and entex was the only thing that helped. Now I have 6 children, 4 are adults now, with 2-8 year old twins, and I was hoping they could have this when they have had serious colds with congestion, but it was not available. My husband is an anesthesiologist, and he broke it down for me. The reason why Entex not longer produced is because they can't make money on it due the generic version being available now, plus is now OTC."

Vascool February 2, 2018

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "Not sure why this is discontinued, works awesome, it's the only drug (including prescribed) that seems to help my sinuses."

Anonymous August 19, 2012

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Love this. It's the only thing that works for me when I am sick with a cold. It lets me get the sleep I need. It's still available in Canada."

Anonymous January 1, 2012

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I had sinus problems several times per year (Spring/Fall) for years and everything made me groggy. I could barely walk. Then the doctor started me on Entex LA and my sinus problems no longer caused major problems."

oliver44 April 13, 2011

Mucus Relief Sinus (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I use this medication for Mucus in the esophagus and to clear my nose to be able to sleep. Before this medication I actually went to the emergency room for a esophagus blockage so filled with mucus that all I could do is regurge up mucus but prevented me from swallowing any cure. I recently went to a cardiologist and he said the expectorant part of the medication was okay but 10 mg was a little high for someone with valve or heart problems. He said I should try taking half of the pill if not getting off of it altogether. Benadryl allergy pills would be better except that they make me fall asleep."

Yankee Chick March 9, 2011

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I'm almost 43 and have had the worst allergies all my life. My medical records literally say "allergic to the world" Mostly suffering from sinus headaches and itching. I've tried EVERY medicine a doctor can prescribe. I did the shot thing in my teens. And when I was at the end of my rope with suffering when my doctor in Vermont said let's try this one last medicine. She told me it will totally work or do nothing. IT WORKED with no side effects and after two years of two pills a day, I was down to one pill most days. PLEASE bring Entex LA back. It would change my life. I now take so many over the counter pills and eyedrops. This medicine was like a miracle medicine to a person suffering with allergies all their life."

Anonymous January 13, 2011

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "I am also extremely frustrated by the fact that Entex LA was removed as a medicine of choice (because it worked!) for those of us with congestion who have found that no other medication works. I took one tablet a day during allergy season for about 2 years, and then ended up taking one tablet a day year-round for the next 14 years. I had my life back. Four years later, I am still trying to find something to replace it. I went to the SW (Phoenix) for 12 days in Feb.2008 (while it was raining here in the Northwest), and all my symptoms disappeared - overnight. It was the most wonderful feeling. When it did rain for a couple of days in Phoenix, though, I was just as miserable as I had been at home. Is mold the problem?"

Allergy Sufferer April 23, 2009

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "Love it."

KClean January 2, 2009

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: "You need to drink plenty of water with guaifenesin component of this medication or it doesn't work--water is what activates it, otherwise, it does nothing in your body. The phenylephrine component always clears up my congestion. It will keep you awake, so I only take one in the morning. It also diminished my appetite."

Freas December 17, 2008

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I get sinus headaches when it rains, when it's extremely humid or when it's extremely cold. Entex LA would get rid of the headache within a couple of hours. I am told that they can not sell Entex LA in the US any more since the FDA banned it. This is the only thing that would work for me. I would love to have this drug back on the market. The pharmacist told me that many of her customers were frustrated when it was taken off the market."

Anonymous March 3, 2008

Phenavent LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "It made me dizzy and caused my headache to become worse."