User Reviews for Mometasone nasal to treat Nasal Polyps

Also known as: Nasonex, Propel, Sinuva, Propel Mini

Mometasone nasal has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Nasal Polyps. 44% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Mometasone nasal Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Polyps.

Reviews for Mometasone nasal

Cc · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 5, 2021

Nasonex (mometasone): “I was prescribed by my doctor Nasonex for my polyps. I used it on and off for couple of years but only yesterday did it dawn on me that all these while, whenever I felt sickly with a very dry throat, difficulties in breathing, wheezing, trembling hands, dizziness, pressure behind my eyes, headache, muscle pains, neck pain, blurred vision, lost of balance, ear pains, difficulties in swallowing and chest pains was all from after using Nasonex! I thought what was wrong with me. Even went to an emergency room thinking I was getting a stroke or a heart attack. Then I realised last night that all these symptoms only occur whenever I use Nasonex but whenever I stopped using it, all of these symptoms would subside. So, I Googled for reviews and saw so many people have experienced these bad side effects. I wish I knew sooner!”

Anonymous December 3, 2011

Nasonex (mometasone): “I have had polyps removed 6 times now and have been using Nasonex since it first came on the market. Maybe it stopped some growing but for the past 5 months I have suffered headaches every day. Maybe I've used Nasonex for too many years for this to start happening. Since stopping the Nasonex my headaches have ceased. What a relief.”

Anonymous January 3, 2011

Nasonex (mometasone): “About two years ago, I stayed home sick with what I thought was the flu. After about a week of misery and no relief I went to the doctor. He told me that all the awful, flu-like symptoms were actually my hay fever acting up and because I had waited too long to come in I now had nasal polyps. Many members of my extended family has had them and treated them with Nasonex or even surgery (my aunt can't taste or smell now). Since then, I've used Nasonex nearly every night. There's a very obvious difference between nights I take it and nights that I forget - I tend to wake up with throat congestion and a runny nose. Only once have I actually had a full-on nosebleed.”

Dude December 20, 2019

Nasonex (mometasone): “Pump action spray is terrible I prime it have a couple of sprays ,and then it comes out in drips . So I repeat the priming again Until I get a spray , meanwhile I’m pumping half of my medication into the air . I use this product on and off for years as needed. It is excellent , but please fix the bottle . Other products I use , such as Fess spray works excellent So why not yours For the price I don’t want to waste it”

Sleepless · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2020

Sinuva (mometasone): “Sinuva is basically a Metamosone drip. If you’re sensitive to this steroid, run away! Vivid dreams, anxiety and depression tsunami! I have to wait 76 more days for the steroid implants to dissolve....torture! 24 hour anxiety brain fog! How I wish I knew more about this product before I let my ENT implant them in my sinuses. Mometasone is a beast of a drug!”

ChronicSinusDiseaseBabe · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2021

Sinuva (mometasone): “Am having implants removed next week. I have had morning headaches, a sinus infection and for the past month one of the most horrible smells in my sinuses. I have had an increase in brain fog. After reading above comment I was shocked to read another patient had this side effect. I was getting ready to have tests done for dementia. I will now wait a few months post removal. I must say these sinus implants helped and first, after years and years of treatment. By the second month my body started reacting to them. Morning headache Bad taste all the time Bed smell all the time Brain fog- loss of words Sinus infection treated for 14 days I will not participate again in sinus implant.”

Thundercattt November 4, 2013

Nasonex (mometasone): “Constantly stuffed up nose. Dr recommended taking it for a couple weeks. After day 4 I had extreme rage. I would flip out over the slightest thing like someone cutting me off driving.”

Anonymous August 20, 2012

Nasonex (mometasone): “Like other users I had severe headaches on this, and then the metal taste mentioned.”

Coleslaw · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

Nasonex (mometasone): “Got prescribed this for seasonal allergic rhinitis as well as nasal polyps. It’s making my symptoms worse and my nasal polyp has started bleeding. I’m in a lot of pain”

Sandycat November 3, 2018

Nasonex (mometasone): “This medication was very good until I got a new insurance plan.That is when I couldn't afford it anymore.”

DazzaCSS · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 4, 2017

Nasonex (mometasone): “The delivery system for Nasonex is terrible. I have switched to Sensease which is the same medication just different brand that has a much more effective dispenser.”

Raju m · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2017

“Mometasone is very effective medicine for nasal polyps treatment”

Learn more about Nasal Polyps