User Reviews for Provigil (Page 3)

Learn more about Provigil.

Shift Work Sleep Disorder 11 reviews 2 medications

9.4
Obstructive Sleep Ap...ypopnea Syndrome 19 reviews 2 medications

8.5
Narcolepsy 73 reviews 15 medications

7.1
Summary of Provigil reviews 103 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Provigil

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome "Provigil has given me my life back! I have been on 200mg twice a day and the results are great! When I quit teaching and went on my husband's insurance, the insurance company refused to pay for two times a day, so my doctor put me on Nuvigil. I was on it for 6 weeks and I was always tired. I am moving back to Provigil. "

Anonymous September 6, 2011

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "I have sleep apnea. Sometimes I wake up feeling like I haven't had any sleep. In a fog so to speak. I have gone to sleep sitting at stoplights on the way to work in the morning. This medication does wonders. I still drink my coffee and it helps to boost the effects. I still get sleepy in the afternoon sometimes but I am able to fight it off much better. Before I couldn't and would go to sleep. It is just too expensive. "

Anonymous September 3, 2011

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have had Multiple Sclerosis since 1978. For a long time there was no medication for M.S. I began taking 100 MG of Provigil many years ago, but now take 200 MG twice daily. I switched to Methylphenidate 10 MG twice daily for 3 months, as my insurance, or lack of insurance, made Provigil financially prohibitive. All I did was sleep. My fatigue was totally incapacitating! Now, with insurance in place, I'm back on Provigil. I've re-entered life and realize how vitally important Provigil is to my well being!"

SHEACANJ August 15, 2011

For Multiple Sclerosis "Take it early or you'll stay awake all night"

LIFE IS GREAT August 6, 2011

For Multiple Sclerosis "Second day on Provigil. I feel great! I took my first pill yesterday at around noon and I did not have trouble sleeping. I went to sleep a little later than usual because I could though! I feel more alert but I don't know if I want to continue to take it everyday, that's why I gave it a 9 out of 10. I woke up this morning pretty fatigued and I almost didn't want to take it because I wanted to rest, obviously since I was fatigued. But once I took it, I felt great again! If you have MS and insurance wont cover it because it is not approved for use for MS patients, have your neuro file a claim to why it would help you! Don't let insurance stand in the way. Everyone who has chronic fatigue due to MS should try this pill."

Anonymous July 17, 2011

"Once on the Provigil, my boss says he has been blown away by my performance. No side effects whatsoever. "

Brenda24 June 8, 2011

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "This is the best medicine I have ever been prescribed, I am fully awake all the time. I have never had a hard time sleeping. I work at a power plant, the only thing I notice, is sometimes my crew mates avoid me, other than that its great."

stormnan mormon May 22, 2011

For Multiple Sclerosis "Provigil gets 9 out of 10 ONLY because of the extreme headache I get when I don't take it A--with lots of water (and a little food in my stomach) and B--before 10am. I've had Multiple Sclerosis for 7 years now and have been on Provigil for the last few years to fight the fatigue and lack of focus associated with MS. And it even has the "bonus" side effect of making me HAPPY again. Most people who have MS know that depression is also a silent struggle that never gets acknowledged. Provigil makes me physically less "worn out", makes me mentally alert and makes me emotionally just in a better mood. I guess I can't say enough good things about it. If you can tolerate the headache you might get, this medicine is WORTH IT."

heather80 May 18, 2011

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome "It's my first day on this medicine but man, I feel odd since I've never been so awake. Right now it's about 2:30PM Central time and my bed should be calling me and I'm fine. I feel like going for a run."

Tim CPhT April 27, 2011

For Depression "Most awesome medicine ever made. Non- addictive. Will be used more for MS, MD and Parkinson's is much needed."

Kibbles00 April 14, 2011

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "There are few drugs these days, developed for something useful and Provigil and Nuvigil are most useful for those of us with shift work disorder."

seasunned April 6, 2011

For Multiple Sclerosis "I took Provigil for the first time yesterday and for the first time in as long as I can remember I felt hopeful. My tremors decreased and I had energy for the first time in years. I am so happy and hope never to stop taking it. Magical little pill."

Anonymous February 17, 2011

For Narcolepsy "I took this medicine for a month and it didn't work for me at all."

Anonymous February 14, 2011

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder "Started night shift work again after being on days for 14 years. A friend told me about Provigil. Asked my doctor and got the prescription. Unbelievable! No drowsiness during the night, no spike and drop like caffeine or energy drinks, and fall right to sleep when I get ready to. I'm in the trucking industry and it's great."

Anonymous December 27, 2010

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome "Really works, saved my job."

Anonymous December 17, 2010

For Narcolepsy "Ever since I was age 13, I would have sleep attacks almost everyday; about 5 days out of a week. It really affected my school work, because I just couldn't force myself to stay awake. Two years ago, when I age 18, I finally investigated of why I was having these sleep attacks. I was eventually diagnosed with Narcolepsy from a Neurologist. He put me on Provigil, 200mg in the morning and 100mg in the afternoon. Within a week I noticed a huge difference. I've never felt so awake and refreshed in years. Now I'll only have around 10 sleep attacks per year. The only flaw this drug has is its price. MAKE SURE your insurance covers it. They may not at first, but give them documentation on your condition and they will."

Anonymous September 27, 2010

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome "I started out on 100mg in the morning. I was falling asleep an hour later, so the doctor put me on 200mg. I still was very sleepy, but then the sleepiness would wear off. I drove about 60 miles into town and I was driving very fast and taking risks I would never do normally. It also made me want to buy lottery tickets. The increase of compulsive behaviors is very true with this medication.. I stopped taking it immediately. It was too expensive anyway!"

leopardeyes September 26, 2010

For Hypersomnia "I have been on this medicine for 7 years and cannot imagine life without it. It doesn't seem to work for everyone, but is a lifesaver for me. I had a headache for 3 days when I started it and lost my appetite for a week. After that it was fine. I can get by on 200mg if I need to, but feel tired still most of the day (but won't fall asleep unless I want to). My usual dose is 300mg which keeps me alert and I can't even take a nap if I want to."

Anonymous September 3, 2010

For Multiple Sclerosis "The BEST thing I take for the MS. Definitely makes me feel better and more vibrant!"

cmcleigh June 1, 2010

For Narcolepsy "I was put on Provigil a year and a half ago and can no longer take it. I was one of the ones that had a horrible reaction to it. At first it was just a headache then I would crash around 5... the the headaches got worse, no medicines helped with the headache. Then I started itching. At first I didn't connect it to the Provigil, then I broke out EVERYWHERE with a rash that was like poison ivy just worse. So I am no longer on any medicines and lets just say that most days are very hard and I am so very tired."

Anonymous May 2, 2010

For Multiple Sclerosis "I was diagnosed with MS at the age of 29 and had severe fatigue for 2 years prior. I started on 200mg which was way too strong so I cut the dose into 100mg. I find that if I take it everyday it is not as effective so I just take it when needed which ends up being about 3 times a week (I work full time in a sort of stressful environment). It is important not to "over do it" when on Provigil. I have to say that Provigil changed my life. I am now able to spend time with my boyfriend in the evenings after work and also see friends past 9 PM and not get fatigued. I do feel that when I drink on Provigil I get very emotional...so I try and stay away from drinking. I do like how it helps me mentally focus and also have energy to exercise!"

Anonymous April 21, 2010

For Narcolepsy "Provigil saves the day. I work full time, intricate work, drive, multi task person. Yes, it is expensive, but fortunately I have good insurance from my workplace. I take 200 mg a day. No side effects. Never take a nap. I'm the energizer bunny."

btc March 19, 2010

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome "Before taking Provigil I could barely get out of bed. I had no idea what was wrong with me. Finally a doctor did a blood test and said I had been exposed to mono which can cause chronic fatigue syndrome. Now that I am on the Provigil I have gone back to work, I clean my house again and I can actually play with my grandkids again. Since being on this medicine I have not experienced any side effects or they were so mild I didn't notice. Provigil has changed my existing into living again."

psw452004 March 5, 2010

For Depression "I was initially prescribed this medication to address both a mild sleep apnea problem and persistent depression. Initially, it was indeed like a miracle drug. I felt better immediately and continued so for about a year. However, the drug then quickly became less effective and actually began to make my depression much worse. I very briefly switched to Nuvigil, but I continued with the worsening depression and ended up having to stop the medication. Within a few days of discontinuing the medication, I felt considerably better. I went on to other medications to help with the depression and fatigue. Provigil/Nuvigil has been a blessing for many people. However, as with many medications, their continued use can sometimes backfire."

Anonymous March 3, 2010

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome "i am 60 years old and had been sleeping12 hours per night with a nap sometimes for 3 hours. am i depressed or chronically fatigued? i have been taking nuvigil and now i sleep 9 hours a night with no naps. i am now more excited about life. side effects? an hour after i take it (one dose 200mm in the am) i notice an effect similar to one cup of coffee that lasts a half hour then nothing. cost is $390 for a thirty day supply. insurance won't cover it. medicare will not except for NARCOLEPSY. . THIS IS NOT RELATED TO RITALIN OR AMPHETAMINES AND HAS A VERY low abuse potential in spite of what you may hear from college students. as more info comes in it would not surprise me that this would be the first drug used in treating depression. thanks"

desombuolized February 18, 2010