User Reviews for Ritalin-SR

Ritalin-SR has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 75% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

ADHD
5.5
Narcolepsy
9.5
Summary of Ritalin-SR reviews 7.5 5 reviews

pittsburgh7 · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2012

For ADHD: “Our son is 11 yrs old. He is ADHD/non-specific mood disorder. He has been on numerous medication. The last 2 years we have had him on only Abilify and Tenex. We decided at the end of the school year that we would remove all medicines and start fresh because we felt that the medicines were NOT working any longer and puberty was showing it's ugly face. We started Ritalin SR 3 weeks after he stopped getting other medicines. Within 24 hours he had a face tic, 36 hours he could not sit for long periods of time. 48 hours we knew he needed to be removed. We could barely understand him talking, he made us crazy because he could NOT stop moving. He did not feel it, he does not understand that the things he was doing was not "normal" for him. ”

Tgis sucks · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 25, 2017

For ADHD: “I used to be on SR then was switched to immediate release which made such a difference, now I'm stuck back on SR, they aren't effective at all, it bothers my stomach and now I feel depressed and wondering how I'm going to get thru work”

Beebop56 · Taken for 10 years or more April 19, 2016

For ADHD: “Updated since my last report. I tried 1-20mg & 1- 10mg; 4 hours later 1-20mg; 4 hours later 1-10mg. Been trying this for a couple weeks & so far it is working fine, from the time I wake up till the time I hit the hay.”

neurojen1 November 12, 2008

For Narcolepsy: “I didn't give this a 10 simply because I don't feel it last as long as it should. However, during the time I do take it, it's great. Wide awake without being jittery. Good stuff.”

Sibyl6sigma · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I used to fall asleep at school (for 2-10 min at a time) and be awake all night for up to 4 nights straight. Treated it amazingly. Once after breakfast and once after lunch.”

More about Ritalin-SR (methylphenidate)

Other brands