User Reviews for Methylin ER to treat ADHD

Methylin ER has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of ADHD. 88% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Methylin ER Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Relieved Mom March 6, 2012

“My son (9yrs old) has been taking this for about 3 weeks now for ADD. I was apprehensive about resorting to medicating him, but as his grades and progress were suffering, we felt we had to take the next step and try medication. We have noticed a dramatic difference. On the 2nd day his teachers sent me notes about how much he had already improved with focusing on his school work and having to spend much less time getting him to pay attention. He is more focused and hasn't brought work home not completed in class since he started it. Only one dizzy spell on the 2nd day of treatment and a little trouble getting to sleep the first 3 nights, but now he seems adjusted to the meds and is doing quite well.”

peguin May 14, 2008

“I have been on Methylin ER for about a year and a half. I still have a lot of difficulty with ADHD symptoms, but the medication helps. I can tell when I don't take it properly, my symptoms increase. I have only had to increase the dosage once in about six months. I think that I need another increase now. I have not had any problems with side effects. My appetite is fine, no sleep issues (if anything, I sleep better now), no anxiety or increased blood pressure.”

Cornchex January 2, 2016

“After 20 years of seeing psychiatrists, I was finally correctly diagnosed with ADD. My life completely normalized soon after starting this drug. I took every antidepressant known to man with no results. If you change jobs, friends, wives, more often than your motor oil, ADD may be your issue too. I have suffered with this for 49 years now I feel like what I assumed normal people feel like. I thank my lucky stars every day for this wonder drug. Only reason I rated a 9 was because of the dry mouth it gives me, but a small price to pay for the benefits received.”

kkat October 28, 2008

“I was prescribed this for ADHD that was along with bipolar disorder. I didnt take it at first cause I was scared because I have a history of substance abuse. Finally I decided to give it a try. The first day I took it there was a HUGE difference. I was not as irritable as usual. The "chatter" in my head quietened. I was able to focus better on a few tasks. I felt a little bit more confident than usual. So far, I haven't had any bad things to say. I have ECT once a month which helps a little bit with my depression and bipolar, but this medication seems to do more good than any of that stuff. ”

Anonymous April 13, 2009

“My doctor recently switched me from Ritalin LA to Methylin ER since it comes in a generic form and is much more affordable. Sometimes I can't even tell I have taken the Methylin ER, the performance is so sub-standard to the Ritalin LA. ”

toddwell January 24, 2009

“It gave me back a life, which I thought I would never have.”

mom of 4 boys August 17, 2011

“My son takes this. Best medication he has been on that works. Just hard to get as it's always on back order.”