User Reviews for Asacol to treat Ulcerative Colitis, Active

Asacol has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis, Active. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Asacol Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis, Active.

Luebby · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 17, 2017

“I was put on Asacol to start when first diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I was on it for at least three or four months, and things didn't seem to be getting better. It was only when--on vacation--I forgot to take it for a few days and realized that I immediately felt much better. For me, Asacol caused symptoms that were nearly identical to a flare up of ulcerative colitis.”

Anonymous April 2, 2008

“I've been on Asacol for years - 12 tabs /day. No side effects, easy to take, but sometimes during flares it fails to release. Release is pH dependent (as are some competing drugs), in my case I think that's the problem. This problem is not well publicized, so doctors aren't aware of it.”

Joseph December 29, 2018

“It seems that asacol is not effective when colitis is active because the coating is too tick. I took 2 tablets, after 6 hours on my body , 2 tablet came out in my diapher and the coating it still intact. I hope Manufacturer will make thinner coating because the mathematical computation of delayed release is not match to realty.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2013

“Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis 10 days ago. Started 800MG 2 tablets, 3 times/day plus suppository at night. Diarrhea quickly went down to once a day instead of eight times. Experiencing fatigue, slight nausea and seem to be developing acne.”

Anonymous November 21, 2008

“I've been on Asacol 12 pills/day (4 pills, 3x/day) and I've been experiencing headaches at least 2x/week. Also, I've had side effects of fatigue & acne. Whether or not these side effects can be completely blamed on the last 4-5 months of asacol use, who really knows. But Asacol has helped control my symptoms almost completely.”

Anonymous October 3, 2008

“It has been very helpful in controlling my UC. I have been taking it since my last episode along with prednisone and it has been a life saver. I have had no really side effects except extra secretion of saliva, but I am starting to feel much better since starting these medicines.”

fufa March 8, 2010

“I am taking Asacol for the last 4 years and I am still having problem with gas and like full stomach with or without eating or drinking. I am having inflammation in the body and increasing weight and increasing the prolactin (milk) and not focusing well and discomfort.”

Anonymous March 26, 2008

“tired feeling, abdominal pain, tingling in hands and feet, 4 tablets a day.”

Anonymous November 14, 2011

“Daily diarrhea for 50 years. Recently diagnosed ulcerative colitis Asacol for 10 days only. Diarrhea gone. Gone! In my 70's and just starting to live--thanks to Asacol.”