User Reviews for Apriso

Learn more about Apriso.

Apriso Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 204 medications used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis.

Reviews for Apriso to treat Ulcerative Colitis

"Developed UC at age 44. After being on Asacol for years with no further flare ups, due to insurance coverage was forced to change every few years. Presently been on Apriso for about 6 months. Apriso seems to do its job although I do seem to have softer stool now. DR said to expect that with some meds. Only complaint is the quantity of capsules. I need to take four 375mg capsule (kind of big overall size) once per day. Does its job, what more can I say except I wish price was better."

Fred Astaire October 15, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had been on Asacol HD until my insurance Cigna stopped covering it. I had been okay, but had to watch what I ate and often has loose bowel movements. First night after taking Apriso was terrifying. I felt like all my muscles were numb in the middle of the night and I had night sweats. (I had drank some wine that evening) But when I awoke the next morn, by bowel movements seemed okay. I kept on Apriso and saw the numbing impct at night dwindle. In fact I seem to be getting more restful sleep. It has been 3 weeks so far, and I feel this is the best I have been with my UC single I was diagnosed 18 years ago. Certainly recommend trying it out!"

FloridaFit (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I switched from Liada because insurance. With Liada I did not flareup for 10 years two months on this medicine I flared up I do not recommend this medicine to anybody it is a zero"

Dan t July 22, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"over a period of time, apriso caused me wasting of muscles (motor neuron disease)"

donottakeapriso May 9, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have ulcerative sigmoiditis & proctitis. I couldn't retain rowasa very long. The GE switched me to sulfasalazine, first 4/day which worked for a few months, then 8/day which worked for two-three years. I still had flare-ups a few times per year. Then he upped it to 16/day, but that only worked for about a year. I was having flare-ups all the time, I was tired of taking pills, so I asked my PCP to try me on another drug, Apriso. I was in the middle of a flare-up, so it took a few weeks to kick in. But that's the last flare up I've had. It's 4 capsules only, once per day, and I haven't had a flare-up since I started taking it about 5 years ago. I have not noticed any side effects."

JLB21 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 14, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Helps me somewhat. I was diagnosed recently I'm only 19. I don't bleed anymore thank god I would have bloody stool 6-10 times a day the only thing I do get is really gassy and it hurts is that normal. Also I am on remicade"

Paoestrada (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I took Apriso for a year and it was successful in treating my ulcerative colitis. I was then switched to Asacol HD. My prescription plan eventually decided Asacol HD was too expensive and I was put back on Apriso. This second course on Apriso was not successful. It did nothing to alleviate my Ulcerative Colitis symptoms, and produced a number of unpleasant side affects - the worst of which was moderate-to-severe stomach cramps around the clock - even waking me from sound sleep. Coupled with an incredibly dry mouth that invited multiple canker sores to erupt in my mouth, these symptoms made eating anything very unpleasant; I lost 15 lbs in the three weeks I was on the Apriso. As soon as I stopped taking it, the cramping and canker sores disappeared."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2014

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis a year ago. Took medicine for a month. Cleared up. Recently, another flare up. Am taking again and is slowly clearing up again."

Grammie904 August 6, 2013

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was told February 2011 that I had ulcerative colitis from the top to the bottom. I was put on 40 mg of prednisone and Asacol 400mg 4 tablets 3 rimes a day. It took about six months to clear up. I stopped taking it about 4 months ago and now I am in a mess with pain. Dr put me back on the same thing and in 3 days I am so much better as far as pain goes, still have stomach being upset. But I will never again stop taking this."

jerz April 18, 2012

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I would probably rate Apriso higher if it were not for some side effects. The only medicine that has actually worked to keep the blood and unreal cramps at a distance. It works. only twice have I had symptoms since 11/01/2011, I hope it stays that way. Anyone with ulcerative colitis know's how important this is."

Anonymous February 26, 2012