User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Bowel Preparation 837 reviews 115 medications

7.5
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 837 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "THIS is the most vile, disgusting, putrid thing I've ever had to drink. I did this 10 years ago, and it wasn't like this. Literally almost threw it back up. Oh and I'm not done...one more to drink. THIS should've been used in the middle ages as torture!!!"

Turtleneadfred (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I've been disabled for 3 years I am on pain medication. I don't really eat more then one meal a day Dr was aware of my medication and had Barium CT prior so it showed some stool which I guess is normal he didn't seem concerned when ordering the endo/colonoscopy suprep . I had to have fluids the day of starting the prep I even started an hour early taste almost wanted to vomit , I used candy, juice you name it ...about 45 mins in it started. I'm doing the endoscopy for my pain in abdomen but figured with family history would do colonoscopy. 4 hrs later second dose was even harder to get down was going all night. Still was unable to do the colonoscopy now I'm home with constant diarrhea. Never again . The thought of that drink makes me gag"

Fifty and Disabled October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "The taste was the worst part, followed by all the water. I mixed the first dose with white cherry powerade after reading the recommendations of some the reviews, and I wish I hadn't. That made it worse. I could hardly stomach it. My instructions said to drink it within 20 min, but I think it took three or four hours for me to finish 70% of it. I gave up on the rest and poured it back into the little bottle so I could use the water cup, and after my stomach calmed down attempted to drink the remainder. It was easier drinking it out of that little bottle since I couldn't smell it. The second morning dose mixed with plain water was much easier to swallow. Bowels were liquid fairly quick, though weren't clear until 2hr before procedure."

kah5217 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "After spending the before prep on soft foods and prep day on clear liquids I did a 2 dose prep of Prepopik. First dose nada. Second at 11:00 and after 3 hrs I went a few times. At 6:00 I had yellow with bits but was apprehensive. After an enema at Drs office, I was sent home with Suprep. BIG difference! Took it early at 4:00 instead of 6:00. Wow. 5 mins after the second 16 oz of water my stomach was doing the rumba and at after 20 mins, I just parked in the bathroom with my iPad. Watched 2 episodes of Outlander. It's now 6:45 and I'll do the second dose at 9:00. Wish I had been given Suprep to begin with. Hope to be clean and asleep by midnight."

Fiddledeewhew October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I was very concerned about Suprep after reading reviews but I had to post my comments on how easy, quick & simple this prep was. First, taste, there is nothing on the market that tastes good but this prep really wasn't that bad. A flavored chaser works best after doses. I drink lots of water so the extra comsumption wasn't a big deal. First dose, about two hours before any activity and then I RAN!!! But it only lasted an hour or so and got a nice nap in before dose two. Got a clean colon, pleased MD and happy patient, me!!! Will recommend this product to friends who are scheduled for colonoscopy."

Clean Colon Cyndi (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow, 10/5/17. I have a script for the Suprep and also the Prepopik. The Prepopik is non-formulary with my ins. and is $130. The Suprep is $50.00 with my insurance. I am 75 and get around slow + I will not take any liquid meds, I just can't. Has anyone ever used them both, for comparison? I can afford the expensive one, but not wanting to. My son bought me lots of Banana popsicles for this event. When I get my teeth cleaned the hygeniest uses the baking soda sonic spray to clean my teeth. I spread Vaseline over my entire tongue and I do not taste the soda. I think I will do the Suprep with vaseline, lemonade, popsicles and lime. Any ideas.... soon !?!?!"

sawsms (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "One hour after my first dose I had chills, stomach pain and then a SEIZURE. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE."

32f (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This prep was terrible with suprep bowel prep. I have colon cancer that runs in my family history and take colonoscopies seriously as a preventative measure. However, I would not prep again using this stuff and would insist on going back to the old method with gatoraid and over the counter laxatives. Super bowl prep tasted disgusting and salty even when mixed with crystal light. And I started at 5pm and it took till 11pm for it to finally kick in. I felt bloated and nauseous and wanting to throw up until 11pm. Due to how long it took to kick in I was up literally all night going to the bathroom. So I got no sleep. I wasn't finished till about 8pm the next morning. The old method is definitely more kind to your system and works faster."

JenniDLite (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "The reviews listed on the top of this site scared me. There are alot of reviews on vomiting, bad taste and bowel explosions. The taste is very bad. I drank it through a straw and cleansed my palate with a small sip of water after each drink. It helped. The medicine worked very well. I read the instructions and followed them to the letter, with the exception of sipping water to cleanse my palate. It would be much better if the taste was not so gross."

Pasqualey (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Do not take this product if you think you have an irritation or ulcer in your colon. It works for about 4 hours (had about 5 to 7 visits to the toilet). In the 5th hour (11PM), I start getting intense pain in my lower right abdomen where the colon is located. The pain was so severe that I was not able to lay down. I could sit to ease the pain somewhat but still could not fall asleep. I stood periodically to ease the pain, but basically had a sleepless night. I decided not to take the second dose at 5AM for fear the pain would be even worse. I was not able to have the colonoscopy as a result."

Mark D (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This prep tastes nasty to me. I used ginger ale as a chaser which helped. White Cherry Powerade tastes too much like the prep so couldn't use that. I did use Breathsavers after each gulp which helped. By the 2nd prep at 2am, nothing could help this go down. I didn't think it cleaned me out enough but apparently it did because the doc didn't complain. A couple things: Gave me a terrible headache starting during the first prep which was last night. Test was this morning and I still have the headache. Only worse now. I've also been fighting nausea all day long. I did not have these symptoms with other prep. So glad this doesn't have to be done often. Hopefully they'll use another prep next time."

SherylR (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "It works but it's awful and I will never take it again if it's the only thing available I will never have another colonoscopy. And it's expensive to cost us $121.04. I paid $21.88 co-pay."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I will never use this prep again. First dose was taking at 6pm night before the procedure. It took about an hour to start working and it caused projectile vomiting and cramping. 10 hrs later still passing water. I haven't eaten much of anything solid for 5 days, so will not be attempting to keep down the second dose. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE !"

Sleepless in MD (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This is my 4th colonoscopy/bowel prep: First dose and fluids went down ok despite some nausea. Second dose made it down followed by some water. But 20 minutes later when sitting on the throne the nausea welled up and I started vomiting. Did manage to catch some in the waste basket next to me. Dr. did not complain about my preparation so I think it was fairly good despite losing most of the second dose. However the Prepopik I took for a previous prep was much easier on me and was also deemed a good clean prep."

Proudly September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Let me first agree with all the comments that it doesn't taste good. But it is much better for me than my previous experience with Golitely which did not. Be sure to chill everything thoroughly before starting...I used a very long drink straw and put it to the upper rear of my mouth so it mostly went past my tongue and it isn't too bad that way with a Gatorade green apple chaser. I had much less cramping and appears to have done the intended job well. Just be near the toilet and tell your family to not get in the way."

Paul NE Fl (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "It did not taste good but I managed to drink the first dose. I threw up about 1/2 hour later. Bowel movements started a few hours after that and continued through the night although it slowed down after a bit and I got about 2 hours sleep. The second dose I started an hour early to prevent throwing up again and to finish bowel movements before I had to go to the hospital since it was over an hour drive. The doctor's notes said I did a good prep. I was worried since I had thrown up some of the first dose. Also if you have constipation you can start a little early as it may take more time to work. Also the taste is gross so giving yourself time to drink it with water in between helps to prevent gagging and vomiting."

Forty-Six & 2 (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I also read all the reviews and got really nervous before using suprep. This is my second colonoscopy and the first one I had to use the Golytely jug. Both have pros and cons. I will say that you had to consume less with suprep and there was no pain or cramping. I did have nausea after taking it. There is no hiding that it tastes vile but this helped me: 1) squeeze lemon juice in it to kill the sweetness 2) make sure its VERY cold 3) and divide it into four. Had I chugged it I would have puked it. Drinking the suprep was the worst part. But overall very effective in getting you clean."

ucgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I drank the first round at 3 p.m. I managed to get it down and drank water, gingerale, sports drinks. I mixed it with berry Propel water. I also ate orange jello. At 2 a.m. I tried to finish the second dose but couldn't due to severe nausea. Now it's almost 4 a.m. and I'm still trying to drink water without vomiting. The taste is very sweet and salty. The split dose is for the birds. You still have to drink 48 oz. of fluids. I don't consider that low volume. If I ever do this again it won't be with Suprep."

3meows September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Today was my 4th colonoscopy (I have polyps). It was the first time I used Suprep. To prepare for the big day :-) I checked out this site, and quickly realized there were many differences of opinions, and lots of good tips. I stocked up on chicken broth, green KoolAid, lemonade, water, Sprite, lemon drops, lemon slices, and apple juice which I used throughout the all liquids day.The real star of the show once I began the actual prep was something I read about on this site: White Cherry Powerade mixed with the CHILLED prep solution, instead of water. At 6PM drank this down fairly easily over 20 minutes. Slept from 11-3. Alternated solution with sips of apple juice and water for second dose. No cramps/pain/nausea. Cleans you out!"

caligirl24 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I used the suprep for my colonoscopy. I have to have one every two years and I am 74 so I have tried many bowel preps. This suprep was horrible, I use a straw to drink the prep and have no problem with the taste, but this was the hardest thing I have ever had to drink and while drinking my stomach felt like a balloon. After going without food for a day and going to the bathroom all day and night, this nasty stuff did not completely clean the bowel! Afterward I ran a low fever, cramps and diarrhea all the next day ."

Lois Rankin September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Never again! This was the most vile, disgusting stuff I've ever tasted. Took me almost 2 hours to get the first dose down. I used a lemon with sugar as others suggested, tried using mints, eating broth in between sips and nothing could take away the bitter aftertaste. Afterwards I was so sick from it there was no way for me to get that second dose down. I couldn't even get it to my lips. Took my chances since I was on a 2 day liquid diet and had magnesium nitrite the night before. Luckily the doctor was able to see enough. This stuff should be taken off the market. I can't believe they can't make a pill. Putting people though this is torture! I will go back to the Gatorade/miralax prep next time."

LeslieCima September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Well....I am doing is prep tonite. Not thrilled about taste after reading the reviews. I am going to try melting lemon ltalian ice for the liquid to mix it with. We'll see...."

MsBowel September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Started @ 3:00pm with initial solution. Took me 15 minutes to finish. Started 1st glass of water @ 3:40pm. Started 2nd glass of water @ 4:00pm and completed by 4:15pm. Had mild cramping and stomach bloat. Released a lot of gas before producing watery stool @ 5:10pm. Continued passing watery stool for another hour. Completed BMs @ 6:15 pm. Drank small amounts of apple juice between sessions. Repeated 2nd stage @ 8:00pm. By 9:45pm l was done producing watery stools. Did have a little accident at 10:15pm. So be sure when your done."

Shmooz (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I had my first colonoscopy last week. I was prepared for the worst. It's no fun, but not nearly as bad as I expected. I mixed the Suprep with ice water and drank it through a straw. I took four big sips, rested for a minute, then four more, rested again, and then finished it off. The taste isn't great, but bearable. Afterwards I let a single peppermint lifesaver dissolve on my tongue; it completely removed the aftertaste. Finally, the elimination process was gentle. No cramps or nausea. Process took about two hours. Colonoscopy results were pretty good. Glad I went, although sorry I waited until I was 61. PLEASE do not let fear of the prep process prevent you from getting this lifesaving exam."

Jack 1956 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Definitely gets the job done. Use Vaseline or A&D on your rear! This stuff can really burn. My husband was so sore he couldn't sit, and I had NO pain at all. That was the difference. I drank the first dose over 40 minutes, followed by the water--all in by 1.5 hours, as MD said I could take 2.5 hours if needed. I figured drinking the Suprep slowly would likely avoid some of the cramping and bloating and violent responses of which others complained. It seemed to work. It tasted bad, but after all the reviews, I tho't it would be worse, and at 55 min results came in a controlled fashion, i.e., no great emergency. Second dose was a little harder to drink, but I did. I'm a small female, too. Next time I won't be as nervous."

Indydi77 September 2, 2017