User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Bowel Preparation 243 reviews 114 medications

7.3
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 243 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "Read all the reviews & just dreaded my appointment. However, good news, the taste is not as bad as previous preparations I had to drink that were thick and briny. True that this is Very Sweet. I mixed it with crystal light lemonade. I used a staw to take large sips and then cut up a lemon to suck on in between sips to get rid of the aftertaste. It worked great as I had no problem getting it down. The problem is the (2) 16 oz bottles of water afterwards as you already feel bloated. Again, I used a straw and the water quickly went down. My advice is to sit on the toilet as you are drinking the water because it tends to go right through you. I took first prep at 5pm and it started to work within 20 minutes. 2nd prep due at 3am."

DONTOM September 27, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I'm a 42/female and this was my first time using Suprep. I was nervous at first but I found it to be a lot easier than expected. I've always had a very sensitive stomach so I had a colonoscopy when I was 19 and then I had to use enemas which was HORRIBLE so I highly recommend this over the enema route. It wasn't too hard to get down. "salty cough med" is EXACTLY what it tastes like so thanks to the other reviewers for their input. herlped me know what to expect. I felt a touch of queasiness at first, then chills and tummy rumbling At the 45 min mark I visited the bathroom to see if anything would happen. Sure enough very easily it started. No straining or discomfort, but you won't leave the bathroom for awhile. A.m. should be easy I hope"

sluggishtummy September 26, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Had colonoscopy today just now reading reviews ha ..It does work well !! all reviews are correct that I read...it doesnt taste good..can't imagine vomiting but I almost did.. Understand vaseline to butt cheeks I would recommed first application prior to drinking 1st dose and cont to reapply often.Yes!! to proceedure (anesthesia) and food."

New be (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have used this before and it works but prefer something different. Chilling and heavy dose of Vaseline are things I did this time that made experience easier. I found holding your nose and drinking it as quickly as you can the best approach for me. This seems to work very rapidly for some and drag on for others. I had the first BM 2:45 hours after starting and it drug on for over five hours . My doctor said take morning dosage 5 hours before appointment time. I would give minimum of 5 hours before leaving for appointment unless you want to risk a miserable car ride hoping you make it."

Awake a lot (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Wish I had read these reviews first. First time doing this. No warning from the doctor. It appeared to be a harmless, well-diluted clear liquid. Casually took a drink and suddenly my mouth is full of troll urine. Or maple syrup mixed with salty clam water. 15 minutes later and I'm waiting for it to take effect. Strange sounds emanating from my colon. I'm afraid."

Boweled Over September 21, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff will have your bottom shooting you up in the air like a NASA rocket engine. Taste like cherry salt tarts. Certainly works! There are several comments throughout this blog you want to heed with the upmost respect. Whatever you do, don't laugh too hard and NEVER and I mean NEVER trust a fart! Grab your squatty potty and at least 7 pretty thick books. Good luck!"

OleRedAss September 21, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Just got done with Suprep yesterday. Had to take 1st dose at 3pm. Didn't look up reviews. First gulp yuck! I had to mix the bottle w/cold water to make 16oz. I started whining about needing to finish it. I did and hoped I didn't barf it up. Started drinking the required 32oz of liquid. I chose water and apple juice. In 40 min. it worked. Neverending toilet trips. My bottom was on fire even using Vaseline. 9pm and I have to do it all again. I wanted to cry; the taste, the endless toilet trips, the raw rear end"

Squirtz51 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I read all the reports and was really scared to take the medicine. I used a hair clip on my nose even to open the bottle. I diluted it with water that was naturally flavored with citrus. I still do not have any idea what it smells or tasted like. It was a lot of fluid but it started working ibefore I finished the first glass of the same sparkling water after the first dose. I had no nausea or anything but a little bloating. I did get slightly cold especially my extremities. It's not fun not eating and getting up at 2am for the second dose but not that bad considering what cancer does and how radiation, chemo for a year and surgery makes one feel. I know because my husband had colon cancer before he was fifty."

Clynneit (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Taste accurately described as salty cough syrup...best to chug it down if you can and then sip the water to get rid of the taste. A warm cup of tea helps too and also helps with the chills. Took first dose at 5PM and took about an hour to work...finished about 10PM but was up twice. Second dose this morning seems to be working about the same but just pretty clear at this point...procedure not until 12:30...so we'll see if it worked."

Dunpoopin (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I read these reviews and was very nervous preparing to take this. I can't believe what all the fuss is about - I did not mind the taste at all and easily chugged everything I needed to chug with zero disgust or discomfort. I didn't even have to chill it or drink it from a straw. It was totally a piece of cake. Took at 4:45pm. Started working 30 minutes after taking. I had been on pretty much a liquid diet for the 4 days leading up to this -- basic emptying of liquid from bowels - no cramps or gas or pain at all. Stayed near a bathroom to be safe, but never too urgent need to go -- went maybe 6 times in 2 hours. Slept well. Doing 2nd dosage now and do not foresee any problems whatsoever. Again, I did not mind this in the least."

nobigdealatall (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This is my first prep....luckily my doctor told me to mix my Suprep with berry flavored Propel. It wasnt great. ..but also wasnt like some of the comments on here. I got it down in just a minute or so...then had the other 2 glasses of water down in about 45 minutes. 1 more bottle to go...but...so far, so good."

Not fun (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This is my 4th colonoscopy. I get them often due to my fathers untimely death from colon cancer at the age of 44. I'm 42. Anyhow, in the past I've tried other preps. Miralax was what I did for the last two. Can't recall what the first one was. This one was by far the easiest one to take. I read (and laughed) my way through the reviews for this one and for Moviprep and ultimately decided this was the lesser of the evils, so I went with it. I read a lot of complaints about the taste & also noted that chilled water was best to mix with it, so I did. I chugged it while pinching my nose and it was done in about 30 seconds. I then chased it with Mt. Dew. To my surprise, it wasn't bad at all. Took 80 min to work. Here I sit. Good times!"

Poopy Butt September 15, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This is at least my 5th colonoscopy so ive done a variety of prep. If you can get away with Mirilax prep I think thats the best. Last night it took me an hour to get down the surprep. I puked twice. It works for purposes intended but the salty flavor is disgusting. After reading the reviews here I got a lemon for the second dose. Sucked on a lemon, took a gulp, and another lemon to follow. Did that a few times and was able to get it down in 20 minutes. Drinking the two 16 oz bottles of water afterwards makes you so full you are uncomfortable. Honestly, im looking forward to anesthesia and dinner. Ive been on an all liquid diet since midnight two days ago. My advise... buy the lemon."

Imgonnapuke (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "3rd colonoscopy. One prep was oral meds (they don't do that anymore). One was with nulytely and this one was suprep. Suprep has an unpleasant taste but I had good success chugging it in about 3-5 minutes. Both my evening and morning dose took about 3 hours start to finish and it took about 1 hour to start working on the first dose. It wasn't until the second dose that I had the 'desired' liquid yellow stools, and that toward the end of my 'throne' time. My stomach was a little queasy but I didn't actually get sick-once it started working that went away. I loved that I could take it all at once and that I was done in a few hours-it actually let me sleep a while which was nice. Helps to take a sip or two of soda after drinking it."

Imafan September 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "First timer here. Like a comment above, I'm 54 and doing this for the first time. My anticipation (and fear) about this was completely unfounded. I expected a most vile drink and explosive diarrhea for hours. Got my slices of lime (suggested somewhere to get the taste out of my mouth), flushable baby wipes, and charged my cell phone to have something to do). The taste was bad, but so is taking shots of Tequila! Drank the other two 16 oz glasses of water within 10 minutes. In about 20 minutes, it started. I was only on the toilet for about 45 minutes and went back every 20 minutes. It was pretty much over in 2 1/2 hours. And, unlike being really sick, it wasn't that bad. Round two was less of an event!"

Gladthispartisover (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Ok so I was due to start this at 7pm. It's now 8:40pm and I'm still struggling to choke down the first dose. I don't wish this on anyone and I shudder to think I have to do this again in the morning. Just make it taste like water!"

Worse than Robitussin September 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "My husband is due to take this medication for colonoscopy procedure and am glad to read all the helpful hints. But...did research on the components.. Epsom salt, sodium sulfate used for making detergents, soap and paper, potassium sulfate used for making fertilizer. No wonder it tastes so bad and cleans out your system."

always questioning September 9, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Attempted multiple times to submit a comment. Interesting. I know medicine can be difficult. I underwent cancer treatment with the help of caring doctors. Even the most difficult treatments can be humanely administered. This prep for a very basic procedure is much more difficult than it has to be. The taste is horrific- like drinking salt water. Ridiculous."

No name works (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Tastes awful. Better to drink it all down in one go rather than taking small sips. Shat myself a little later cause I thought it was only gas. Spent the next 45 minutes shitting liquid."

Hugh Mungus (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I've had two other colonoscopies and this was my first experience with Suprep...I thought it tasted just fine, (only a bit on the sweet side). My biggest issue was getting the additional 32oz of water down within the same hour!!! My stomach is a bit on the small side, and was afraid it wasn't all going to stay down!!! Took my tablet to the bathroom 10-15min. later, and was pretty much cleaned out within an hour!!!! I'd strongly recommend this to everyone!!"

SusVJ September 2, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Whoever said this was not bad is nuts! This was awful I gagged through the first bottle. I've been on an all liquid diet the morning of and took my first dose at 6:pm it's 9:30 and it still has not worked. My stomach however is nauseous and I have an unbelievable headache. I'm dreading the next 16 oz. the thought of having to drink it is making even more nauseous! You would think there would be a pill that would work just as well, especially since I can't stomach this nasty concoction!"

Nasty!! September 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "It tasted horrible. It did produce the expected outcome but I started vomiting and hour after each dose"

Afeld August 31, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I guess I'm sitting here looking for help to get down the second bottle. The first I took slow with a lot of little sips and a water chaser in between, but for this one, I'm gagging and throwing up every drink. I'm never doing this again."

Gagging not Bragging August 30, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "OMG- the taste! I think if someone were to work on the formula and make it taste like, oh I don't know, maybe a pina coloda, that person would be rich. But what can I say, hold your nose, drink it down and have a lemon wedge ready. I drank my first cocktail at 6:00pm, after a liquid only diet all day. It didn't take long to work and it wasn't bad at all. My colonoscopy was scheduled for 8:00 the following morning. Went to bed around 10:00 & woke up at 3:00am to take the 2nd dose. (Yuck). I would have to say that the Suprep did what it was supposed to. The procedure itself is a piece of cake. One minute I was looking at the colorful smock the nurse had on. Then she was gone. And I was in a different room. All done!"

Gottarun (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "First colonoscopy at age 54 (I know, 4 years late). Read all the reviews and was horrified and dreading the experience. Let me say, the negative revivews are overstated! At least for me. Solution isn't wonderful, but I found it very tolerable. No straws, lemons etc... just chugged the 16 oz solution and followed with 2 16 oz glasses of water. Took first dose at 4 pm, started working within 20 minutes,. Pretty well done in bathroom within 3 hours. Second dose was at 2 am. Drank the Same amounts as first dose and went back to bed. Didn't go to bathroom until 3 hours later. Not as much elimination with Second dose, as I was probably already "cleaned out". I've had alcoholic drinks that tasted much worse than this!!"

1st Time procedure! (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources