User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

7.5

1,006 reviews 117 medications
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 7.5 1,006 reviews

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "Not as bad as anticipated. Definitely tastes horrific but first dose at 7 PM, working within an hour and then seemed like every 10 minutes. Finally fell asleep around 1, up at 4:30, drank round 2, threw up an hour later and lots of pooping going on ... Clear yellow, good and clean."

Flygirl June 18, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Honestly, It wasn’t that bad. Here’s what I did: 3 days prior - I began reducing my food intake and increasing my liquids making sure easily digestible and low in fiber foods. Prep day - only clear liquids (my last meal was 7pm the night before prep day). I began my prep at 5pm. It wasn’t horrible but I think liquid NyQuil tastes far worse. The prep began working for me within 15 minutes. I had about 4 bowel movements and then it was done for the night. I made sure to drink Gatorade in between and right after. Then off to bed I went. Colonoscopy day - I took part 2 of my prep at 3am. Again, same experience. Not terrible and began working within 15 minutes. The output was more watery but also stung the bottom more. Baby wipes and Desitin (or A&D ointment) will be your friend here. ThensShowered and off to procedure. The main thing, this was not a horrible experience for me. My family has had stomach bugs that were far worse than this. This can save your life...so just do it."

MakingMyOwnSunshine (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I'm sitting on the toilet typing this. This works and it works well. The taste isn't any worse than hardcore alcohol. I drank it with just water in about 20 minutes and then the 2 cups of water after that. Noises happened, light cramping. And about 45 minutes after finishing everything- look out. It's all liquid and easy peasy. Not anywhere close to as bad as I was expecting! I'd do this every week."

Mallory (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I just had my colonoscopy. My doc prescribed Suprep. Compared to Golytely, this stuff is OK. 2 stage process. Mind over matter is huge. What worked for me: 1. Refrigerate the suprep. It's a salty cherry syrup 2. Mix syrup and very cold water in the cup provided. Then add ice. 3. Add a flavor. That is up to you. I used 2 packets of Crystal Light Mango Peach. 4. I would drink as much of the stuff at one time, as much as possible. Then chase it with cold water. I rinsed my mouth each time, too. I barely use salt in my food so this was a challenge. 5. Keep repeating #4 I did my prep at 630 pm the night before then at 430 am the morning of. The second time, this a.m., was easier than last night, thank goodness. Drinking 32oz of water was not an issue. I do it all the time. The process worked. Colon is pretty and was clean. No more for 10 yrs!!!"

54isok June 13, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff works by pulling massive amounts of fluid into your gut, which can cause severe electrolyte imbalances that nobody warned me about. Vomiting is also an issue. By the time of the second dose, I was feeling awful and nauseated, and vomited the second dose of prep up almost immediately. Had to cancel my procedure because I was not cleaned out. The gallon of Golytely tastes not nearly as awful; as someone else said, more like flat 7-Up rather than excruciatingly salty cherry flavored ick. And because it works differently does not result in electrolyte imbalances and nausea. I tolerated it soooooo much better that even drinking a gallon of the stuff was not nearly as bad."

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Learned from first bottle ever used (have to go though this every 5 years), hold your nose and mouth breathe between gulps to get the prep down. Rinse mouth by drinking some of the required water you have to follow the dose with before letting nose go."

No. 2 June 10, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I had the 2 step prescription for a bowel prep, 5:30 PM dose and then 6:00AM dose. I followed the reviews on this site and agree that making the solution and water cold helped. Also, lemon slices which I bit into after each sip helped greatly. The lemon really eliminates the salty fruit taste as soon as you take the bite. I also thought the straw helped. I was nervous after reading the reviews of others, but I found it went down without stress using the cold, lemon, and straw tips. It worked within 20 minutes. I also applied vasoline to the area beforehand."

Forafamilie (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "It works, but it's awful. The taste CANNOT be described. It is worse than anything I could have ever imagined. I drank it with a straw and took long sips with me nose pinched off. Chill it, it will help. I chewed gum when finished and that was helpful. Took about 20 minutes to work, and was in the bathroom every 10 minutes for the next 90 minutes. I had the chills and nausea for a few hours after. Second does at 1:00 am took 10 min to work and was up the remaining nighttime. Chills and feverish again for a few hours. At 7:00 am appointment, my stomach was still grumbling and thought the procedure room would end up being a "bad scene." Next day following procedure I am severely dehydrated and really feel awful. Still nauseous, have no desire to eat, sore throats and feel feverish. I'm glad I'm through at for 10 years."

Belcher (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Just got done with the procedure. Suprep was not too bad. Took the first dose at 6pm along with additional 32 oz of water and finished drinking it by 6:45. I started going to the bathroom about 6:45 and kept going until 1 am. Use wet wipes and cream to help. I had wipes but ran out. Taste wasn't terrible but the last few sips were hard to get down. I alternated between the mixture and the 32 oz of water to get it down. I do think keeping it cool helps. I didn't for the first round but put the second bottle in the fridge. I had put my 32 oz in the fridge for the first round and the cool water helped. My next round was at 3:30 am. It was harder to get down but still managed. As mentioned I had out this one in the fridge to get cold along with the 32 oz of water. Finished it all by 4 am. Didn't really go until about 5:30 and then kept going sometimes every five minutes. Even had a couple times at the Dr office I had to go. Procedure went well. The Dr said the prep was great. All in all it was worth it."

Heyhey June 7, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff tastes like cherry cough syrup with lemon rinds and salt added for extra flavor. The last prep I took 5 years ago tasted like flat Seven Up and was much better. Suprep was tolerable though if you like bitter, salty, cherry cough syrup. The stuff does work well in spite of the taste. Passed the colonoscopy with flying colors."

FloydDBarber June 7, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I was supposed to drink 1 bottle of Suprep with water at 6:00PM & drink 32 oz of water within the hour. Then I was supposed to repeat the process again at 9:00PM. My procedure was scheduled the next morning at 9:00AM. You have to drink this stuff FAST. Just get it over with. I started going to the bathroom within 20 minutes. Took about 2 hours to do its work. But I could tell I wasn’t going to need the second bottle. When your stool is clear & yellow you’re cleaned out. My Dr. said I was clean. I didn’t share the part of skipping the last bottle. I’m a small guy. Only weigh 160lb pounds. Possible that if I had that extra bottle I could have become dehydrated."

M4dya (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "The taste was awful, but not so unbearable I couldn’t drink it. It’s medication, it’s not going to taste good. However it worked amazingly fast. The first dose hit almost immediately and cleaned me out within 90 minutes. After the initial clean out I only really used the bathroom 3-4 more times. The second dose has done about the same. The side effects I felt were bloating and chills but both passed rather quickly. In addition I was actually able to sleep that night before the colonoscopy, something that didn’t happen with miralax."

Taylor (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Bowel prep seems to be a universally awful experience, but if you need to get completely clean, this will do it! I used this to prep for a general colonoscopy screening (I have no gastro issues). There was some discomfort and a bit of cramping, but I expect that's the trade-off for the, er--forceful evacuations that ensure you're clean as a whistle come colonoscopy time. I experienced some tummy rumbles for about 6 hours after my final "evacuation" but after that my appetite returned and I was eating normally the same day with no nausea or vomiting. The taste is gross, but it's no worse than any nasty tasting medicine. It's just that you have to drink a lot of it. However, the two-part dosing is very convenient, so you can get it over with quickly."

TX_Crissy (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "6pm Took Suprep 6:45pm first bowel movement by 7:15pm drank 32oz of water 7:35pm second bowel movement sipped on another 32oz of water throughout the night 10pm-1:45am slept 1:50am third bowel movement 4:45am fourth bowel movement 5am Took Suprep round 2 5:20am fifth bowel movement 5:35am sixth bowel movement by 6am drank 32oz of water 7:05am eighth bowel movement 8:20am ninth bowel movement"

unknowntreatment May 23, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This was my first time using this prep kit. I had to drink it at 4pm. The taste is bad my last gulp caused me to almost vomit. The 32oz of water was easy. Got a sharp pain in side and stomach then I felt like a water line had broken. The 2nd bottle was at 8pm. I used lemon to taste after each gulp and it work. Please use baby wipes and Vaseline because it will burn and hurt. After I was done. I just soaked in a hot tub. Overall compared to the others I rate it the best. I just don't get the yellow look at the end, how come it is yellow? You're clean- just yellow liquid. Good luck"

It's over May 16, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "So I started the first bottle at 4pm, the taste is terrible, however it’s not quite as bad as some of the reviews I’ve read. I was in the bathroom about 30 minutes later, and I did end up vomiting, I think this was more from the fullness of drinking so much water after. I was able to lay down about 4 hours later and get a little rest before I had to be back up for the 3AM dose. It was harder to get down, probably because I knew what to expect and because it was 3AM!! I was going about 20 minutes later, and am still going. It wasn’t the worst experience, but wasn’t a good one either! If I ever have to do this again, I will for sure ask for a different prep. Good luck!"

Yuck! (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "The Best Prep I Have Used - and that’s saying a lot since I have a colonoscopy every two years. Suprep was best by far the best for the following reasons: * You drink less of the actual prep mixture than with other preps (1/2 as much as some others) * Drinking the water chasers (or other approved liquid) is easy peasy * The taste of Suprep was better than I anticipated from reading other posts. Thanks to the horrible descriptions I read, I found it to be better than described. * The desired results began much faster (1 hr) than with other preps. TASTE TIP: Worked for me! ** I mixed the Suprep with lemon-lime Gatorade and between large gulps I took big sips of flat Coke. * Good Luck!"

Elena May 15, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Prep was ok. After colonoscopy and now 5 days later I am still having diarrhea, stomach distended, grumbling, chills, loss of appetite and major dehydration. I had to go to ER for CT scan and hydration. No bowel perforation- thank goodness. (Had one 10 years ago). The adverse affects are awful and the doctors don’t know what to do for me. Anybody have this?"

Jeanine (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Yes, it's disgusting. I wanted the Miralax non tasting gross drink but my dr. who I do like very much, said no. Gross but kept it down, drink it fast as I could, drank the 32 oz water after, bloated as could be. Took about 2 hours to go to the toilet. Then the explosions came, till it just looked like yellow pee. I tried to lay down between poops, as I was feeling wiped, but after a few mishaps realized I need to stay closer to toilet. The rug has stains now, but it's okay, its time for anew one anyhow. Next morning did part 2 of the prep, and yea, it was more revolting than the first time, but it went quicker. Gross and everything you can imagine, but so well worth it to hear 'all is clear and clean' Just do it, I did it 2 times before and this time waited one year too long, and just grateful all is good to go Came home slept and ate my favorite meal of steamed veggies and brown rice. I so missed this the days before when I had to eat low fiber so...........Just Do It !!"

Pookie May 13, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "My doctor recommended I do two days’ clear liquid diet beforehand. Sunday evening had my last meal. Monday morning had a small coffee with last dash of milk. Drank Gatorade, apple juice and water with electrolytes. Monday evening I was feeling a little hungry. Had black tea and drank juices all Tuesday. The first treatment went down easily. Effects happened quite quickly, about 20 minutes. I sat on the toilet for a hour. No real discomfort. After an hour, I was able to get up and put on an adult diaper! Returned to the bathroom about 4 times over the next hour and three times during night. Up at 5:30 this morning. My procedure is at 12:00. The product did not taste as nice. I will sit on toilet again for an hour and then take it easy for the interim before Procedure. Perhaps not something I’d do for fun (although I hear it’s quite common to do a colon cleanse - same procedure sans the tube up your butt) but, having said that, if it means better health, I might even join the club!"

IonasDad (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Currently I'm drinking water after my morning dose. The taste is awful. I’m not going to pretend it’s not bad. It’s actually made me want to vomit. Definitely mix this with something clear other than water. I did 7 up with my evening dose and water this morning. I'm super nauseous and having a hard time trying to get my water down. But I actually work in the GI clinic and some of the docs prefer this prep over the other."

Anonymous May 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "My 2nd Colonoscopy, most thorough cleansing I have ever had. It worked but for me the taste is what I still can not get out of my memory! Drink it in big swallows to get through it. Worked within the 1st hour for me, and I was able to get a little sleep the night before. The evening arrived after my AM Colonoscopy, I was nauseous and bloated. I was extremely cold and could hardly get warm enough to sleep that night. The day after my procedure I was not feeling well, and my head felt very disconnected. I called my pharmacist with my symptoms, he thought I was dehydrated. Instead of getting Gatorade, I opted for my own water with natural sea salt and a splash of lemon. The second day after my procedure I am not feeling 100%. I have added to my diet probiotic yogurts and still lots of H2O! I never read up on other people’s Suprep experiences before, but now I wish that I had! Don’t want to use this product again, there has got to be a better way in the future!!"

Montgomery May 7, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "So this was like my 5th colonoscopy due to a family history. My Dr decided to prescribe this bowel prep for this procedure and it was the first time I’ve used it. This has been the most horrible experience by far out of all the others. It started with the taste.. thought it tasted like Robitussin and that made me vomit. I also experienced excruciating pain in my lower abdominal area which almost caused me to go directly to the hospital. Dr. thought it might have been the prep irritating my diverticulitis. I’m wondering if that’s a listed side effect. I will never use this prep again. After almost a week later and after a CAT scan the pain is finally almost gone. If you have diverticulitis BE CAREFUL."

GenePic May 6, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I just got back from my procedure and I have to say I was driving myself crazy by reading all the reviews. I mixed it with some grape propel and had some lemon wedges standing by . In my opinion it's not as bad as the negative reviews, but not as good as the positive ones. All in all I think the Miralax and Gatorade tasted better, and didn't leave me as bloated. But I think this was a better cleanse."

Ron May 3, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Not half as bad as expected! It was this or the gallon stuff, no way could I do the gallon! Cherry taste, not too bad. Drank it all in big gulps. Not one for sipping and taking time, I wanted it done! Popped a couple Mentos mints right after. Lots of nausea afterwards but it stayed down. Up the next morning at 6:00 to do it again. Not easy but managed it! Glad it's over!!!"

Marcia May 3, 2018