User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Bowel Preparation 205 reviews 114 medications

7.3
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 205 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "I was given this prep when I tried to get a colonoscopy for the 2nd time. The first time I was prescribed moviprep and I kept throwing it up. It was terrible tasting and so much liquid to drink. Because I couldn't keep it down I had to reschedule the colonoscopy. Moviprep made me incredibly sick to my stomach. My doctor gave me suprep in hopes that would work better and it certainly did. It does taste like cherry cough medicine but only is 16 oz to drink at a time. I read other reviews and mixed mine with half Gatorade frost and half water. Let's be real, no prep is going to taste decent. I would recommend just chugging it down. I had no nausea but it might have helped that I took a Dramamine about 45 minutes before each dose."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Suprep definitely cleared me out; however, this was the worst experience I have ever had with colonoscopy prep. To start, this concoction tastes HORRIBLE. It was like a mouthful of grape flavored salt water. Each dose was 16 oz of pure hell. Secondly, this cleanser gave me chills and nausea. I will NEVER be using this prep again."

Jnsparrowe July 28, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Whoever said the only thing worse than taking it is taking the second dose had it right. It's salty and disgusting. I mixed with lemonCrystal Lite which helped. The difficult part is chasing it with another 16oz of water. You get so full you may vomit. Once it starts working it's not bad. No cramps, no "near misses". Overall a barbaric experience I hope to never repeat. Rated 10 for the effectiveness, 0 for the experience, so average rate is 5."

milanese July 27, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This shit is AWFUL. I just finished the second round and am drinking water...@ 3:30am. Horrible taste with cherry flavoring full of aspartame, although that's not listed on the box. This feels like cruel and unusual punishment. I saw a commercial for Cologuard. They analyze your DNA in your colon from a small fecal sample you fed ex back to them. I'm definitely going that route in 10 years. This is so barbaric. Feeling so nauseated right now waiting for the bathroom explosion. I went on a low residue diet for 7 days which I think helped a lot plus clear diet all day yesterday. Starving but I'm so sick to my stomach doesn't matter. Looking forward to this being OVER."

Boomarella (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Hideous. Made me nauseous. Could not gag down the entire two bottles. Had a headache for hours. Couldn't sleep because of hunger pangs. If I'm not squeaky clean enough for them by now they can all go jump in a volcano. NOT doing this medieval procedure again."

Zenwitch (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "It's not that bad, the taste could be more flavored, overall, I just used hard candies to suck on before chugging it down and afterwards. I chilled my next two 16 Oz bottles of water in the freezer. It did make me nauseated, I kept burping like I was going to heive. To relieve the sore bum, I put a&d ointment on beforehand, and used baby wipes without alcohol."

TBS57 July 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "First and foremost, this medicine does what it says -- as long as you follow the directions. The downside is that this is the worst crap I have ever had -- no pun intended. OMG... I don't understand the people that said things like: "it wasn't bad" or "tastes nice like cherry cough syrup". I found it to be completely disgusting. I had gagging sensations and a bit of vomiting, but I did get it down. Thank goodness I read the reviews about drinking it cold and sucking a lemon or lime after each gulp. That's the only thing that got me through. I completely messed up with the first dosage because it tasted so bad, I kept adding additional water to the cup to continue the dilution process. I hope and pray that doesn't negate exam."

RetiringSoon July 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "My first colonoscopy was yesterday. I am glad I found this site beforehand as I used several suggestions. I. Chilled the solution, mixed it with room temp 7Up, divided it into 3 cups, drank with a large straw and sucked on a lemon slice between each drink. It did work very fast. Went through the same procedure next morning. I had no issues with chills, nausea headache or cramps. The hardest part was drinking the additional water after the first round of the solution."

Windyone (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This will be my first colonoscopy. I used many hints from the reviews here. I chilled the solution and mixed it with part water and part 7Up. It tasted like salty cherry soda. I divided it into three cups and used a large straw. I sucked on a lemon slice between each drink. I then drank all the extra water in a short time. It does work very fast. I started at 5:00pm and was done by 10:00pm. I had no headache, chills, cramping or nausea. The second round was no trouble either. I am very glad I read reviews on here first."

WINDYONE (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff is not only has a vile taste, it's torture. I will never take it again. I've had bowel cleanses before but nothing can compare to the terrible night I had with this I threw up the second dose it was so bad."

Fuzz42 July 19, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Unfortunately I allowed other reviews to turn my opinion prior to taking suprep. I have had the gastric sleeve and was afraid of all the fluid intake that I had to swallow. Once I started it I took others opinions and sucked on a lemon wedge every time I would take a drink from a straw at the back of my throat. Hardly tasted a thing. I was also worried about my small stomach when I woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning to take my second dose again I had no problems with the straw and with the lemon wedge. Instead of drinking just plain water I drink Gatorade and Hint water and had no problems keeping it down. I had a panic attack because of all the negative reviews before I started the prep. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help."

Depplover July 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Read through the reviews about the bad taste, and was pleasantly surprised when I had to drink the solution. I mixed it with cold bottled water. It's consistency was slightly thicker than water, and the mix had a cherry taste. Much like a cough medicine. I heard horror stories from people that had a colonoscopy years ago about the prep. This drink was nothing. I started to drink it and just finished it. No gagging. I experienced some nausea, but it was minor. My only concern was I took the first dose at 6pm. Had no reaction. Took the second dose around 3 am. It wasn't until 4, that it started to kick in. I know a number of people said it started right away. Mine didn't do anything until after the second dose."

sawolsef July 15, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Man this stuff taste horrible! Almost as bad as some thick cough syrup or Imodium or mylanta. I mixed mine with diet ginger ale ( of course with approval from my doctor). However, it managed to work very quickly. I was in the restroom within 20 mins after consuming it. No cramping , but I did gag a few times as I was drinking it . I managed to suck on lemons in between sips which also helped a lot. It works but the taste and then drinking the two bottles of water afterwards is tough! Beware."

Brobi (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Started first dose at 5pm. The taste is bad, but not completely horrible. Imagine cherry cough medicine. Drank it with a straw and sipped Gatorade in between to clear the flavor from my mouth. Probably finished it in about 2 minutes. Then drank the 32oz of water over the next 45 minutes. Started working 20 mins in. Had the bathroom set up with cell phone, tablet, book, wipes, etc. Sat there for 2 hours instead of getting up and rushing back. Lumpy at first then pure liquid. Slowed after 2 hrs and went a few more times before bed. Did second dose at 5am. More difficult and lasted a little longer. 10:30am appt. Was out in 2 hours. Anesthesia knocked me out and woke up alert in recovery. No discomfort other than gas. Not as bad as I expected!!"

KLP1919 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have to be one of the scariest individuals in the world when it comes to medication. Therefore, after reading all of the reviews, I was traumatized and afraid to begin my bowel prep. However, I took the advice of some of the other reviews and made sure that I followed the liquid diet, chilled the Suprep, took small sips and used a lemon as a chaser. The medicine begin to gently work within the hour without any complications. The purpose of the medicine is to clean the bowels so I expected that I would have numerous trips to the restroom. However, that process was not bad as well. The second time at 5:00 am went exactly the same. I am happy to report that I didn't experience any nausea, vomiting or cramping. The rest is history!"

GeorgiaMom (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Had my endo and colonoscopy at 730am. Started taking first dose at 730pm night before. It took an hour to work with a bit of cramping nausea. It kept working for the next three hours. Took second dose at 2am. Almost vomited due to nausea and spent the next couple hours at the restroom. Second dose works faster. The hardest part is taking so much water within the hour. For those like that are worried about the actual procedure or sedation. Don't be ...the procedure is the easiest. Good luck to everyone."

Mikolantern June 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "What's worse than having to take this stuff? Having to take the second dose!!!! I got 3/4 of the second dose down before intense gagging. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! The taste is like disgusting grape cough medicine. After starving all day, the overfull feeling of this plus the extra water you have to drink in the hour is terrible."

Arethereanynicknamesavailable June 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Never, never again will I subject my body to the Suprep Bowel Prep Kit. I'll never be able to tolerate anything grape flavored again. I've had tremendous success with the Gatorade method which I'll be using forward. I mixed the first chilled bottle with 7-up. Finished at 5:15 and was in the bathroom from 5:30 to 10:30. Up at 3:30. Up at 5:30. Second bottle was mixed with Sprite. First mouth full ended up going down the drain. Much gagging. Ended up being able to drink 1/2 the mixture. In bathroom from 7:30 to 10:30. Once you get past the clean out the rest is a piece of cake. Hospital had a new scope that used CO2 to inflate intestines - no more gas build up. Home within a short amount of time and feeling good tonight."

JJorgensen (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I don't understand all the complaints about the taste. Sure, it's not my favorite, but wasn't awful (maybe they didn't dilute as instructed). Slammed 16 ounces down like a frat boy at a party and bam! Started working fairly gently real soon."

DomsDad789 (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Lawd! This stuff is ghastly! Barely got the 1st dose down with some minor gagging, but then the gas, cramps and bloating started. After 30 minutes it was working so that was good because I vomited almost all of the 2nd dose. This is my 4th colonoscopy and by far the worst. I will find another prep next time."

Kudzu Queen June 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "For what it does, this worked great. Mixed according to doc instructions (1 bottle, fill to 16 oz with water). Like others suggested, refrigerating it first seemed to help. USE A STRAW! I tried drinking it first, and it is pretty vile. With the straw, it went right down. I alternated a drink or two of Gatorade in between. Second dose was easier than first for me. Worked in 20 minutes or so, and did a perfect prep. No cramping, just a teeny tiny bit of nausea (probably from drinking so much liquid) The prep was no where near as bad as I thought - in fact, I thought it was a breeze. Just stay on the potty and have a lot of reading material. Get medicated wipes. Have a sweatshirt or something handy, as I got the chills in the am"

ColoradoMom (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I knew pretty well that the drinking part would be hell. When I smelled it (why do people always do that?) basically the only thing that came to mind was cherry cough syrup, which I usually puke up anytime I try to take. I know it said to mix with only water, but if everyone on here is licking lemons and drinking chasers. I mixed the 6oz solution with about 4 oz of lime juice and 6 oz water. it wasn't unbearable. Drink it on ice and with a straw btw. For me, it took 3 hours for the first dose to work and about 5 minutes for the second bottle the next morning. Towards the end of the 1st cleanse, my poo looked like urine and I thought the 2nd wouldn't do anything but somehow it found more to expel o_O"

Anonymous June 9, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I took this for the first time tonight and I am supposed to take it again at 5 AM. This is horrible. I threw up a small portion, and the box instructions were different from my prep instructions. I made the mistake of taking it by the instructions on the box. Within minutes it worked but I had really cut back on anything but soft foods for a few days to make it easier. The problem besides the horrible taste is that I spiked in blood pressure and have terrible muscle cramping in my upper body. I called the Dr. and he wasn't concerned, nothing was out of the range in his opinion. It is four hours later and my soreness hasn't left and I don't see sleep in the near future. I will never do this again."

puffalina June 8, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Drink alot in the hours before. I drank coconut water (vita coco) and plain water. Refrigerate the 2 bottles. Slice a fresh lemon. When its time mix cold water with prep to line on cup. I couldnt find a wide straw so I used three straws and drank 1/4 bit a lemon and went right in for the next repeated til prep was done. Lemon helped in removing taste of med. When finished grabbed my 32 oz of bottled water and stsrted drinking and Walked around the house while doing so. 6minutes after the water it was doing its job I drank a gatorade while in process to combat dehydration. Lasted about 3 hours. Morning dose did the same. Suprep does what its suppose to. ... Make the bathroom comfy you will not want to leave it while doing this..."

Justgowithit June 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I read a review that said this stuff was "invented by Lucifer", and it was the most accurate thing ever. This stuff is NASTY. Do not drink it with a straw. You need to chug as much of it as you can, and then suck on a lemon wedge. I wish I had read the reviews prior to choking down the first bottle, but the lemon was a life saver for the second bottle. Smells okay, tastes like a super salty/sweet grape drink on crack. Worst thing I've ever had to ingest. As far as the cleaning out process, this stuff is great. I had zero cramps or pain, but that may be because of my vegan diet prior to this procedure. No nausea (except while drinking this), and no vomiting. Bowels emptied and it eventually was only the drink itself leaving my body."

Ashleyyy (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources