User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

7.4

1,116 reviews 117 medications
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 7.4 1,116 reviews

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "I use Suprep every two months-three months so I can have a bowel movement (will be getting my colon removed within the next few months!) as I have Colonic Inertia so I’ve had a lot of experience with Suprep. I’ve never tried Golytely so I can’t compare the two, but I can say I would rather drink a little bit of nasty stuff than a lot of nasty stuff, so that’s why I use Suprep. I don’t follow the instructions to mix it with water, I just gulp it straight from the bottle, in quick succession with no break. Afterwards, I’ll rinse my mouth out and then chew some gum. I recommend Smart Water to replace electrolytes- at least one liter. As far as the taste...I’d liken it to old salty Gatorade. It’s pretty bad but thankfully you don’t have to do four liters of it like you do with Golytely. Suprep works very well and causes me no discomfort or pain. I’m very pleased with it, but I can’t wait until I never have to take it again!"

Hannah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Let me start off by saying that I am so glad I did not read comments on this page before starting this prep. I had a colonoscopy 10 years ago and this is a cake walk by comparison. 10 years ago I drank something early in the morning and spent the entire day in the lav. I got to enjoy my day today (other than not going to a party where people would be eating and drinking). I took my first dose a little past 6pm after setting up the bathroom like living room, with a TV tray with my laptop and a book. I also put something like wee wee pads on my bed - just in case. It tastes so much better than the stuff I drank 10 years ago. I added cold water and got it down pretty quickly. I was surprised that I got the rest of the water down in 34 minutes. Went into the bathroom and waited on the john. Glad I did, because liquid starting coming out soon afterwards and without any warning. So here I remain sitting with periodic elimination, no cramping or discomfort and hopefully it stays that way."

TonkLover December 10, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "So as a prep for the infamous colonoscopy, Dr prescribed this stuff to assure they got the best view tomorrow. The solution is clear and doesn’t smell bad. Tastes like the old Gatorade, with that salty taste. Finished the first dose in one sitting , drank the additional 42 ozs while I went back to TV. Body said it was ready around 50 mins later and here I sit 15 minute later to say so far it’s effective in that it’s flushing the system clean. No cramps, only minor discomfort of needing to do liquid bowel movements every couple of mins. Anyhow, have no fear. While your mileage may vary, overall fairly reasonable considering what it’s supposed to do."

Flushflush (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Taste wasn't to bad, I've had worse. Half an hour after I drank it I can't stop pooping."

Stained December 5, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "The taste is not good. Use it with cold water per instructions and GULP it down in one pass. Not as violent in expelling from the colon as other mixtures. I did get cold but beyond the terrible taste this was not bad."

PrepRod December 5, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Not as terrible as many reviewers make it out to be. I would not describe the taste as "good" but its not horrible. Like salt added to a sports drink. Mild cramping but I've had worse reactions to fast food than to Suprep. Just had to put the big boy pants on and do it. You'll live. Quit worrying about it and don't listen to the horror stories."

Jon (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I had used GoLightly for my colonoscopy 10 years ago and it was an absolute breeze. So I went into this with no qualms. But this stuff is horrible. The taste is horrible and I got extremely cold. It worked fast but have been going every 30 minutes for 5 hours. The first 3 hours I was extremely nauseous but that went away. After 5 hours I got very dizzy so started drinking more water. I can’t even imagine doing this all over again in the morning. I will never, ever use Suprep again! There has to be an easier way!!"

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Ok so prep is not fun of course but it wasn't bad. I had read horror stories and was thoroughly freaked out by them. The taste is definitely like salty cough medicine but it's clear liquid. My advice- chill the bottle of prep about 1/2 hr-1 hr before. And use ice cold water. I used a straw and would take 2-3 sips and then have a sip of Sprite to get rid of the taste. My fireworks started in about 30 minutes. No pain just pouring out. Was on the toilet about 90 minutes first round. 2nd round was a bit different. Was in the bathroom every 15-20 minutes but it took almost 3 hrs. Drank all the water required after each prep and had no issues with dehydration. The worse part for me was the liquid diet. Did broth, juice and jello for lunch and dinner. Anyway, I am glad I don't have to do it again for 10 yrs but it wasn't that bad. And procedure was nothing at all."

jacthompso (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I saw comments about having to stay in the bathroom for hours. I swallowed my pride and brought home a big package of adult pull-ups. What a life saver! I totally lost my bowel control with the prep and spent most of the time in the living room with trips to the bathroom to take care of hygiene. I would have had 2 “accidents” on the way to the hospital without them."

62 but not old yet. November 12, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Hey guys! 42 year old male. Type two diabetic. I originally was ordered to do a miralax prep and it failed. I had to reschedule my colonoscopy and then my GI gave me suprep. Let me tell you, that stuff really worked. The taste sucked but it worked. I chilled the 8 ounce bottles and mixed with water and used a straw and drank it little by little. I had a small can of sprite as a chaser and it helped. I was paranoid because of the potential side effects but nothing happened (mind you I have GAD and sensitive to medication side effects). Just do it and you’ll see that you will get results. Don’t get bent out of shape about it. You’ll be fine! Also, you will know on the second dose when you’re stool is little yellow/clear that you’re well cleaned out. Cheers and I hope everything works out for you."

Joesalespro (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I just had my colonoscopy on November 7th. I will not sugar coat it...this stuff is horrible could barely get it down. Its effects on me were immediate and not pleasant. Drinking the 32 ounces of water afterward was a cake walk. It is a split dose so you do get to rest a bit after the first dose. I personally did not need the second bottle but you have to drink it no matter what. The day of my colonoscopy I spoke to the nurses who had also drank this stuff and gave me some tips for the future. You can actually mix the stuff with Crystal light (dry one glass package) and it makes it more tolerable where you can actually get it down. I was also told to mix the solution and refrigerate it ahead of time getting it cold and drinking it with a straw....No joke this stuff works fast and furious....!!!!!!!!!!!!"

blondserver (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Just had my colonoscopy yesterday. Suprep was mixed with real cold water (left a water bottle in the freezer for 30 minutes) and mixed. It tastes horrible and has a kind of viscous consistency. Took about five minutes to get it all down in three gulps at a time. Drank lemon-lime Gatoraid instead of the the water to keep electrolytes up. At 60 minutes it was show time. For the next two hours, shuttled back and forth to the toilet. That night I put the prep bottle in the fridge. That and super cold water and a large bore straw (removed from a Camelbak bottle) made the drinking easier. Consumed in a few minutes."

BW (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "First dose went down pretty easy. I just held my breath and gulped it down. The 32 oz of water though was tough to get down within an hour but I did. I starting have movements after 1-1/2 hours after taking it which lasted for about a 3 hours. The second dose was another story!!! It was hard to get down and the water was twice as hard to drink. I ended up throwing up 3 times. However I guess I got enough down for a clear colonoscopy. Thank goodness!!! I also had dizziness and chills."

Missy B (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This did not work for me twice. It resulted in poor bowel prep. It did not clear me out. Supraprep is simply too violent for some people and works too rapidly. In my case, I took Supraprep and expelled it within 30 minutes -- rather painfully will violent, rash diarrhea -- and did not have a clean colon. The doctor suggested I repeat the procedure using the same Supraprep- with poor results. It seems some people need a high volume prep, that is less extreme, and slower acting. This also caused quite a bit of bowel pain. I went to a different GI doctor this week who is talking to me about another solution to my problem, since I turned up polyps during my colonoscopy and need to have a repeat procedure."

Eddi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I find this to be worse than anything on planet earth. No it is not tolerable. It is downright freaking awful You can put a man on the moon 50 years ago but can’t figure out a better way to make this stuff. I also have a pounding headache. This is worse than the actual colonoscopy."

yuk (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This medicine works like it should. Started the 1st dose at 5pm and was in the bathroom after 20 mins, lasting for 3 hours. 2nd dose taken at 10pm, in bathroom almost immediately after finishing cup. Was in and out for 2 hours. No issues except trying to drink the prep it’s a very sweet cherry flavor. I wouldn’t say it’s horrible but it’s NOT good. I found that mixing it with very cold water was better than tap. Overall this medicine did its job"

Red (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "You people are so extra lol The taste wasn't a problem if you just chugged it down and didn't stop to try to enjoy it. Don't sip it daintily through a straw. It's not a gin+tonic, it's medication. Just act like you're in college and CHUG! Overall, it did its job. Had a nice clear flow going out my back end within an hour."

Joey November 6, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This prep tastes real bad. I've used it twice in one month and learned it is best to drink it with a straw and just get it down as fast as possible. It took me less than 5 minutes, sipping strong lemonade between gulps. Second time I held my nose while drinking through the straw. That helped too."

Sha November 1, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "My gastro doctor prescribed Suprep for chronic constipation issues to clear my bowels before I start another med. In the past I have taken Golytely and didn’t produce a bowel movement for 4 days it was a horrible experience as the surgery went on anyways. I was so fearful of taking Suprep because even a stool softener makes me violently ill, but my hats off to Suprep! This prep actually worked on me, and I didn’t have any pain associated with it other than minor discomfort (I can only assume due to constipation issues). I had all my water down by the time I drank the entire prep, I thought I’d have a hard time with it but nope. Do try the straw and cold drink, ask for flavor if you can. I didn’t use a straw but will if there is a next time, stuff tastes like what I imagine battery acid to taste like, but worth it for a nice painfree bowel cleanse/prep!!!"

Bowel issues (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "As most people said, the taste is not pleasant, but I got it all down with no problems. Drinking a lot of water the days leading to the test and especially the day of the prep made it work through well. Also, eating a lighter diet the couple days before made the process go easily. I did not experience any nausea, vomiting or cramping. I was prepped well and my colonoscopy went fine. The only negative side of this is the taste. Maybe they can find a way to improve it before my next one!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Man, I went into my suprep armed with lemons, limes, and white grape juice having been warned about the horrible taste. While not a refreshing cup of lemonade, I found the taste very tolerable. It reminded me of a bunch of chewable vitamins mixed with a bitter fruit juice, if I had to describe it. I had to do my first cup during my class (I'm a professor), but there was a quiz that day and I got thru the dose in 10-15 mins and was "excused" for only about 10 minutes. It was nearly immediately effective. The second dose was at 2:30 AM and went swimmingly. My 3rd movement for the whole regimen was finally all liquid and yellow. Best news, no polyps! I thought I'd be super hungry after I was released, but that wasn't the case at all. So, my colonoscopy experience was probably a best case, all things considered."

J Cleanser (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Doesn’t taste bad at all, tastes like a dull magnesium citrate or something similar. When I read the reviews I expected this to taste really bad and it didn't. Does exactly what it’s supposed to. Drink lots of water, had zero cramping, etc."

Tstreets (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "THIS WAS NOT BAD!! Mixed with Gatorade and took a mouth-full gulp every 5 minutes. THIS PREVENTED ME FROM FEELING NAUSEOUS!!! I read a lot of people on here swigged it down all at once and experienced chills, nausea- to be expected when you do that—it’s a lot of medicine for the body to handle!!! Easy does it!!! And in between sips, I sucked once on a lemon wedge coated in sugar being careful not to ingest any pulp! It worked great! THE TASTE IS MANAGEBALE!! It smells like cherry cough syrup and tastes like salty, liquid-soapy, cherry cough medicine. It’s not great but I managed and I REALLY TRULY HAVE A TERRIBLE GAG REFLUX! My only concern is the possibility of the laxative not cleansing my colon properly since I have been constipated for a few days straight. BUT if I had to do the procedure over again with this prep kit, I know I would survive it! It’s really no big deal!! DO NOT MAKE IT WORSE THAN IT HAS TO BE."

CC October 26, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I found the taste bad, but tolerable. 2nd was worse than 1st because I knew what I was in for. I did one at 5pm and one at 8pm for a morning colonoscopy. First one only worked a little, but 2nd hit within 30 min. Once it hit, could not leave toilet. I didn't have a gotta go urge, so would have pooped my pants. Just bring a book or tablet or something to make it more tolerable. After colonoscopy, was told that my prep wasn't good and while he thought the exam was adequate, I still had some stuff in there. I followed instructions to a tee and drank 2 qts of water before even beginning. Also seemed complete since was pooping pretty clear liquid at the end. I went to eat afterwards and am having diarrhea now (19 hrs after last dose, 6 hrs after procedure and 4 hrs after eating). Perhaps it was my schedule with 2 very close together or maybe I'm just having a delayed response. Pretty crap-py nonetheless!"

Madampoopsalot (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Don’t let the negative reviews get in your head. No it doesn’t taste the best but it’s totally doable. I mixed it with water as per instructions. I didn’t get it cold. I don’t like to drink really cold things. I took the advice of someone on the forum and poured it into 1oz shot glasses. I also took someone else’s advice and sucked a wedge of lime with sugar on it after each shot. Got it all down in the allotted time not rushing myself. I’d also drink small sips of water after each shot to clear the aftertaste. Then I slowly sipped the other 32oz the prep called for. The potty trips started almost as soon as I got the last shot down. I did the same with the 2nd prep on test day at 2 am. It went the same. I didn’t rush but with the sugared limes and sips of water it went smoothly. I went to the bathroom countless times both rounds until it was light yellow to clear. My doc said I was prepped really really well and test went fine"

Jacemmy (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...