User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

7.4

1,056 reviews 117 medications
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 7.4 1,056 reviews

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff is horrible. I think it would be better and less nauseating without the combo flavor of Cherry cough and grape soda syrup flavor. I can't imagine that this stuff is not causing my blood sugar levels to spike. I would rather drink the Saltwater Flush mix, same effect - better taste. First dose took me about 45 mins to get down, I wasn't sure it was going to work out the way they needed it too, meaning taking the exit it was designed to take. It worked quickly, I was afraid to go to sleep for fear of waking in a mess, but thankfully this night did not come with involuntary "machine gunning" in my sleep. Warning, If you feel the need to pass gas, don't, go to the bathroom or you will regret it. Even when you don't think you have to go, you do. Drinking the 2nd dose now, it's not going down much faster....there absolutely has to be a better way. I refuse to ever subject myself to this flavor again."

Pain in my side (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "As for how effective it is, I would give it a 10 as being VERY effective. But the experience was a 1. The 2nd dose was a killer for me. And I had/have an anal fissure that made the "going" excruciating. DO NOT EVER GO THROUGH A COLONOSCOPY IF YOU HAVE AN ANAL FISSURE!!! Get that thing taken care of first! All I will say is: if you absolutely can't get out of taking Suprep, do the lime-sucking trick and hold your nose when you drink it. Cotton balls don't do squat. If you do have an option, do Miralax. My husband just had a colonoscopy a few days ago at a different place and his Miralax prep was so much easier--he just mixed it with white grape juice, drank 8 oz like every 30 minutes and took 4 dulcolax during that time as well. He was able to get to sleep by 10pm. Of course he didn't have an anal fissure, but to help him along, I had purchased and installed one of those toilet bidets. So that helped his behind as well."

NeverAgainSally September 12, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I had myself so worked up after reading all the comments. But it was all the tips that got me through. I did a pre-cleanse Friday-Sunday night. 4 caps of miralax in 8 oz of water and 4 ducolax each night. I did a very low fiber diet since Saturday. Today was clear liquids. I have a bad gag reflex and puke easy. I took a Zofran at 4:15 and did my first prep at 5pm. I made it ice cold and added a pack of crystal light lemonade. I divided it into 4 cups. I drank each with a straw, followed by sucking a sugar dipped lemon wedge. I also had a green jolly rancher in my mouth. I had all 4 drank in about 8 minutes followed up by 32 oz of water in about 50 minutes. It’s now 7 pm. I have been on and off the toilet. I have had no chills, no nausea and no cramping. I think this has been so easy based on all of the different things I did. I know everyone has a different experience, but if you have to do this, follow all these tips and tricks and hopefully you will have a good experience too."

Poopaholic September 11, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Ok I had my colonoscopy and endoscopy this morning after using the Suprep and I’m glad it’s over with! The two procedures were a breeze and I can’t believe I was so nervous about those. Now the Suprep all I can say is there are not enough adjectives in the world to describe the stuff taste. I got down the first bottle easy using Minute Maid 15 lemonade as a chaser at 6pm. The prep started to work about an hour or so later. The second dose was at 1am now this one, this one got me I got about 2/3’s if it down before I began to feel like I was going to vomit. The prep worked like it was supposed to, was it pleasant? No! But if it saves my life I’m good with it. It cost me $75 with a coupon and great health insurance so taste and price suck! My only question is this to Suprep, if we can put a man on the moon why can’t Suprep seem to be able to find something that didn’t taste so horrid?"

Mellenshire September 11, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This was my 1st colonoscopy at 53 years old. I had heard stories about the bad taste of the prep and they were not wrong. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be overall. The taste resembled cherry cough syrup.? I did not taste any salt but the after taste reminded me of a baby aspirin . To help with the taste, I chilled 1st , mixed with Crystal Lite. Used a straw and held my nose. In between, had some sprite , Italian Ice and a Pineapple flavored Life Saver to suck on. These all helped! It took me 10 minutes to get down round 1. Round 2 took about 30 min as I already knew what to expect. I felt nauseous looking at the glass but forged on. It works pretty quick so be near the bathroom or prepare to sprint! I was in the bathroom on and off for about 4 hours. The worst part for me was taking at 6pm and then repeating at 1am. Did not allow much time for sleep. But got it over with and lived to tell about it. Good luck to everyone."

Cat girl September 11, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "!!MAJOR TIP!!: I "chased" the Suprep solution with Cherry Glacier Gatorade and could barely taste the prep (which tastes like salty cherry cough medicine - it's not too horrible). It was a lifesaver - I was able to chug the prep down in less than 15 minutes both times between sips of the Gatorade! **Don't worry, Cherry Glacier Gatorade is actually clear colored, not red, so it's ok to drink for the procedure!"

Pookie (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Currently sitting with my head in the toilet after not even half of the first drink. I started it 40 mins ago, and I've been extremely nauseous to the point where I can’t move or I’ll get sick. And I have chills and a GIANT headache. Probably going to have to cancel. These side effects are MISERABLE along with the terrible terrible taste."

ArkDogLover (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Okay guys and gals, just finished my endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday at 10:30 AM. First off, I'm 65 and never had a colonoscopy before so anxiety was up.... way up. The Suprep worked and the best tips I can give you are as follows; chill the solution & put in container with a top and a straw. Drink it fast with a swig of mountain dew as needed to get rid of the taste. Then do 32 ounces of lemon flavored water within the hour. You will feel bloated. As soon as you get the slightest urge... run to the bathroom. Set up your bathroom with iPad or tablet, headphones, reading materials, and be prepared to sit for 2 hours or longer. After that catch some sleep and repeat this the next morning at say 4 AM. I had a procedure at 10:30 AM. It is doable. Not pleasant but doable. They used Demerol for my medication and it knocked me out. But did not feel a thing. Now I'm good to go for ten years as no polyps were found. Best of luck and don't wait as long as I did."

Steve September 5, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "The taste is horrible... that’s a given and didn’t expect anything more then just that. I read to drink it SLOW so that’s what I did to help with stomach pain. FIRST DOSE 5pm- Only mild stomach cramping. Felt super FULL/BLOATED for about 30 mins and then it was GO TIME! Exactly two hours on the toilet! I stood up long enough to get the blood flow back in my legs then it was quickly back down. It was AWFUL. SECOND DOSE 8:30am - I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN ..... DO I GOTTA?? "

IsItOverYet (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Do not use this prep! Save yourself from the trauma of feeling nauseous and ill for hours! THE worst experience- use the other method with ducolax and the powder mix. More gentle and it works. This one is really doing prep twice and it is just terrible!"

Dawn September 5, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I chose to start the first half of the suprep at 10am today. Yea, taste is not so great, but its doable. About an hour later, first bathroom run, then two runs, then a few more (lost count) of "turned on the faucet, waters coming out of me" runs. (.. keep the family AWAY from this bathroom, it belongs to me and only me today!) Also a good idea to have extra underwear, diaper rash cream, and maybe tucks medicated pads close by. Ok, so this cleaning out stuff was my biggest fear, but ultimately it's not the worst either.....just not looking forward to dose #2 due to the bathroom runs. I think I will start it earlier, perhaps 9pm instead. Hunger has not kicked in yet, but it's only 2 in the afternoon now. Can't complain, because it's for my "health", gotta do what we gotta do."

DAndy (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I found the taste tolerable and drank it right down, easily consumed the two containers of water. I was surprised that it worked so quickly---like 15 minutes and bowel movements began. Second dose same. However, I experienced a racing heart at night, and was cold, but went to sleep. During the actual colonoscopy, my heart rate went way up and also my blood pressure. I have no history of heart problems and usually have low blood pressure, not on any meds for the blood pressure. The nurse anathesiologist called me to tell me this after I got home, suggesting I have a stress test, but I think it was caused by the Suprep. Have not read of anyone else having this problem, but will probably not use Suprep again----it did the job well and all, but maybe the magnesium is too much for my body. Glad they monitor you closely during the procedure!"

Jack (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "First of all, expect to pay $120 or so if you have a high-deductible prescription plan. I’ve had 2 colonoscopies before and this was the worst prep be far. I found out from a friend who sells pharmaceuticals that the doctors get a $20 kickback in every prescription but Suprep also gives a lot of free samples to doctors because patients are balking. I complained to my doctor and sure enough, I got mine free! The product, by the way, only costs $24 in Canada."

Deedee August 25, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Horrible, disgusting, vile taste. The only way I could get it down was by holding my nose and chugging it. The second dose was worse than the first. I had a number of watery bowel movements the first day. This morning, other than making me feel ill, there is no effect. Won't be surprised if they tell me they can't do the colonoscopy. There HAS to be a better way of doing this. Next time I'll ask for the giant bottle of stuff."

Cleaver (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This is a low-dose prep and it’s garbage. I had a colonoscopy scheduled first thing in the morning, but this prep was really ineffective. That means a reschedule. Now, let ask you...if you had one shot to get it right, wouldn’t you want to make sure you’re using something that WILL work? This is like taking low-dose aspirin for a migraine. If you do a little research, you’ll find plenty of people with a similar experience to mine."

Chris F. (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Not my first prep but have to say my best one. No issues with the taste just mixed as little Gatorade and water and was able to drink it right down. No problems getting the two glasses of water down afterwards as I didn't feel the bloating like past peeps. Produced watery bowel movement in about an hour with minor cramping. Have to say this is the best prep I've done."

Arena (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Very effective but the taste is absolutely vile. You have to force it down a couple gulps at a time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I have a colonoscopy every year so I've tried everything. Suprep might be better than most but the Miralax prep is still the best. Virtually tasteless. I was given Suprep this time, for some reason, and it makes me want to gag. Tastes like soft soap mixed with salt water. BARF."

Emarbz August 19, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Just had my first colonoscopy after turning 50. I thought this wasn't actually too awful. The first batch I drank was after cutting grass for an hour or so, and I was hot and thirsty. Batch went down very easily. Forty minutes later it kicked in. Had one semi solid bowel movement and the rest (7) the first night were all pure liquid at a short but high velocity. Was able to sleep through the night uninterrupted. 5 am the next morning was time for round two. Between 5:30 and 9:30 I went eleven times! All liquid. Can't say that this was the horrible experience that I read so much about. Doc said the prep was excellent and my results were good. It's not as bad as you may read, at least for me anyway."

Rustymustangs (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Despite following the directions exactly including being up all night before colonoscopy, there was still poop in a section of the colon that prevented the doc from evaluating a portion of colon"

shamus August 17, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Just used this product for the first time. I read the reviews and was apprehensive about it. I was concerned as to whether I could finish this 2 step prep. Yes it tastes horrible but manageable. I mixed ginger ale with water and the prep and I drank it slowly. Each time I drank I belched which I’m glad as it kept me from feeling super nauseous and got rid of the gas. I drank recommended amount of water and within 10 minutes I did experience chills but they went away after my first bowel movement. No cramping and the bowel movements became water like almost immediately I was concerned about the morning prep so I woke up early and managed to get it all down except for about a quarter of it. The cleansing is excellent and on my exam 2 small polyps were found. I’m glad I followed the directions. Also it helped after each swallow I drank a little water which got rid of the aftertaste. Drink it slow you can do it and the results are well worth it"

Mac (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "The taste is beyond disgusting. I don't even know if I'll be able to get it all down. It's like a strong fruit flavor with salt and something else. I keep gagging every time I take it, very worried I will vomit. No way in hell it will be gone in two hours."

Morgan August 16, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Just started drinking and it is disgusting!!! There has to be a better way. I don’t remember it being this bad tasting 5 years ago."

Andy August 15, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This is the first time I have prepped with Suprep and it will be my last. Having had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) for over 40 years I am an old pro at colonoscopies. This new prep was the worst ever. The taste was horrible and the clean out continuous for hours and very painful. Have had 2 total joint replacements and 4 c-sections and none of these things compare to the level of discomfort I have experienced with this prep. I know the procedure will be a breeze after this horrible prep."

Ronnie (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "They really need to offer an unflavored formulation. I managed to get the first dose down within about 20 minutes followed by both cups of water in another 10. No problem. The second dose (midnight) was another story. I had extreme nausea and gagged with every sip. No matter how much I diluted it with water I was still gagging. I got about 2/3 of it down and then had to switch to plain water. Was still nauseous prior to the morning procedure. Threw up during the procedure but luckily did not aspirate anything. Dr. said the cleanse level was good, but I assure you I will not be using SuPrep next time unless it's unflavored."

Tree (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...