User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Bowel Preparation 684 reviews 114 medications

7.7
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 684 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "To those obsessively looking through reviews before prepping like I was, don't worry! I read some bad reviews and was terrified, but the whole experience was easier than I thought. The Suprep does not taste good, but it's not as bad as I expected. Per my doctors advice, I refrigerated the suprep and mixed it with cold water to help the taste. It tasted somewhat like a sweet cough syrup, but more bitter, with a grape aftertaste. Getting it cold takes away the saltiness. Like other reviewers have said, get a lemon to bite down on after each drink, it gets the taste out of your mouth instantly! The "emptying" started about 20 min. after drinking, I didn't have any nausea or cramping at all."

inferiorolives (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "I have had about 4 or 5 colonoscopies and every prep I have ever done has been bad. Suprep is no different. I barely got down the prep let alone the 32 more ounces of water. I even took nausea meds before hand. I used the berry propel water to mix it and sucked on the lemon after each huge gulp. I even had some orange flavored water I had to drink as well to keep from vomiting. It tastes nasty but started working within an hour. I also have been on clear liquids since yesterday and started the prep this evening. I already have the water. If you have had as many bowel issues as I have then this is just a bad irritable bowel episode with less discomfort. The MD gave me the prep in his office."

Ginzy73 (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Chilled the stuff and also used Berry propel the taste was not bad it took about an hour to kick in. But I did something different. My procedure is on a Tuesday morning. I did not eat anything SUNDAY OR MONDAY - NOTHING BUT SWEET TEA AND WATER. So far so good. I have to do it again at 5:30 in the morning for 9:30 procedure..............No problem right now"

LuckyPeanut (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "This is my second colonoscopy. I think this prep went much smoother than my previous one a few years ago. The produce they gave me last time was a powder you mixed into a clear liquid. I liked that this prep was already a liquid but the taste was awful. It tasted so salty, just the thought of it makes me nauseas. It works very fast. I took it around 2 pm and at around 2:30 I was already running to the bathroom. At first, I spent a lot of time in the bathroom, but by the end of the evening I was pretty much done. I had to take my second dose around midnight. With this dose I was up for about two hours running in and out of the bathroom. I think the dose was too large for me...I'm a 5 ft tall, 110 lb woman and this prep hit me like a bus."

Sammy R February 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "First time colonoscopy. Took first dose at 2pm with a lemon wedge chaser to kill the anticipated aftertaste then 32oz of water quickly thereafter. Most taste was gone after the lemon juice. It's a lot of fluid to drink at once but not that bad. 15 min later I was off to the toilet...off and on for the next 11/2 hrs (not stuck on toilet for the entire time though) this stuff really works. Next dose at 8pm, with the same result as the first time. I was able to go to bed at 11pm with no further effects. Got up at 6am feeling good for my 8am procedure. Doctor said the prep worked well. I tolerated this bowel prep pretty well and didn't suffer any side effects other than the urge to go."

CPriak February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff is horrible!!! The first gulp and I was ready to throw it up. I didn't' thankfully not the first bottle anyway. It's like drinking poison. Than with each bottle you have to literally sit on the toilet for 4 hours each because it takes forever for it to clean you out The second bottle I painfully downed but threw up shortly thereafter. Than 6 hours after taking the last dose I still have diarrhea! This product should be taken off the shelves or might be more effective than waterboarding. Do not take this, please ask for a gentler product. I will never take this again!!!"

Never again Suprep!!! February 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "I am a very nervous person I don't like to put drugs in my body, so I was not sure I wanted to take surprep. I read all the reviews looked at the side effects and was very nervous and was not sure if I was going to do it. Well I sucked it up and it wasn't so bad. Here is what I did I chilled the medicine in the fridge added cold water and mixed it up, I chugged half of it, then sucked on a lemon slice, chugged the other half and sucked on another lemon slice and I was done ( I did this for both doses). The stuff worked in about 30 minutes and was on the toilet for about 1 hr. One thing I did do was limited my food intake 3 days before and a liquid diet 1 day before. The surprep taste isn't as bad as people say, just chug it."

Phyed Joe February 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Suprep works very well. I read prior users' comments before I started, which also helped. So, on the Monday before the Friday exam, I started eating easier to digest foods and drinking sports drinks (for electrolytes). On Thursday morning about 2am, I started my "food" routine, alternating chicken broth (cooked from boiled fresh chicken, carrots, celery, onions, pepper and purchased broth), Propel, sugar free jello (from the refrigerated grocery section), lemon-ice bars and green tea with lemon juice and honey. I didn't have trouble drinking the Suprep directly, but did try to distract myself with minor household tasks as I was taking sips. I used Cetophil with tissue for wipes and added ointment when needed.Tried to rest between doses"

LE1234 February 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Braintree Laboratories describes their product, SUPREP, as having a “berry” flavor. Not as well understood, is that I think it is the oft-maligned Satanberry. Satanberry is known for its noxious odor and, if unfortunate enough to be ingested, causes Krakatoa-like eruptions of sulfurous gas and violent, firehose-like evacuations of all internal solids and liquids. Poo foam? Yes, you will probably experience this rude shock too. Anus as red as a baboon’s behind? You betcha. Aftershocks may occur the day after the actual colonoscopy. In my opinion, SUPREP is overkill for preparation of bowel cleansing. Go for the gentler Prepopik or MoviPrep, either of which I will again insist upon for my next cleansing prior to colonoscopy."

Dan N (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "I am 62 and this was my 6th colonoscopy. I have to say this was the best prep so far. I had this done at 7 this morning. I took the prep at 4 pm yesterday and by 5 I was finished the 1st round. No cramping, no nausea. I paid attention to not eating raw fruits, vegetables and nuts 3 days prior. At 9 pm I did the 2nd round. I was in bed by 11 and woke up once in the middle of the night one time . The taste isn't great I found the cold water and a little lemon helped. It's a little pricey but worth it. Ask the Dr for a coupon. By the way I had nothing to eat all day yesterday and I think that worked for the better."

Joymar January 24, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "My apt was on Friday afternoon..I started my clear liquid diet Sunday night.. I took my 1st dose of Suprep on Thursday at 5:30 pm, I followed other users suggestions in mixing the prep with very cold water and drinking thru a straw to limit taste bud exposure, the 1st dose, with added water is only 16 ounces, followed by 2 more 16 oz. glasses of plain water within the next hour..it worked very fast going thru my system and I was able to sleep in my bed, for a full 8 1/2 hrs...I followed the treatment the following morning..at end of process , fluids came out colorless...fasting since Sunday gave me NO side affects since I was only passing liquids when I used the Suprep....and I lost over 8 lbs and no fear of future colonoscopies"

Lynnie1013 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Since my father and his sister both passed away from colon cancer, I have to have this colonoscopy now (just turned 40). I drink the first bottle at 5pm and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be...went down easy. I immediately sat on the toilet out of fear but nothing happened until 6:20pm (it's 6:45pm now). It hasn't been steady either but when it comes, it's pretty much like I'm peeing from my butt. It already looks pretty clear. So, hopefully, I'll be getting up soon. Not looking forward to the 4:30am morning dose but I am looking forward to eating. I'm starving!"

JacMac January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "I dreaded so did not have a colonoscopy until I had to. The doctor saw my trepidation so gave me Supra to take, since you would be able to drink less. He told me the prep would be, as I have heard, terrible but the procedure was easy. I did not read anything on line about Supra, as I didn't want to "scare" myself. But maybe I should have. The first bottle tasted awful but I got it down, and drank the required water within the hour. The second bottle was vile, had a huge problem getting it down. Now I wish I had seen the hints with mixing it with Crystal Light, or having a lemon handy. Funny, others said the second bottle was worse also. Never would have been able to drink the double dose. Procedure easier than prep as dr. said."

71 Allen January 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "I was dreading this, but I have to say it was not as bad as I was expecting. Your doc will probably give you a tip list...read it! Use COLD water, crystal light (I used the lemonade flavor), a straw, and hold your nose. Then suck on a lemon or lime. I am a pretty healthy eater and followed directions regarding foods to watch/eliminate in rather days prior to this. I think this helped tremendously! I ate a light dinner the night before prep started as well. The Suprep started to work in about an hour, and lasted about 2 hours. I was able to get some sleep, but had to get up at 3AM for round 2 as I had a 730 arrival. I had no issues/side effects."

Rminva (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "So I wanted to write this all out in hopes that it might help someone who was in the same boat as me facing the colonoscopy prep: filled with pure anxiety and fear! In the past, I tried only the GoLYTELY, enemas or dulcolax— all of which made me extremely sick. Based on my previous colonoscopy experiences I was so incredibly frightened that I would be in pain, writhing on the ground, nauseous and weak, feeling like I was going to throw up for hours on end. All those fun things. I think I most definitely had PTSD from my past. I scoured the internet recently looking for any tips from people and I gathered all of them into notes for me to follow the day of prep. I AM SO GLAD I DID. I can now say that I am no longer fearful of the prep and believe me that’s very hard to believe I’m saying that. Here’s my experience, I have no idea if it will work with every single person reading this, but I hope that it will provide some comfort. My doctor decided to give me SUPREP this time because there is less quantity that needs to be consumed. The few days leading up to the prep I ate a somewhat low fiber diet. On the day of the prep, I had a light breakfast-eggs and white toast and tea. Then throughout the day, I had chicken broth and Jello—just to keep my food intake up so I wouldn’t feel like I had such an empty stomach. Then an hour and a half before the first dose of the SUprep, I took prescribed medications Zofran to prevent nausea and Ativan to help with anxiety. Then at the scheduled time, I drank the first dose of the SUPREP. I made sure it was chilled in the fridge (which it has to be cold) and I had a straw to sip it, which helps. Now here’s where the important part came in. This stuff does not TASTE GOOD. I am not going to sugar coat the way it tastes. However, I equipped myself with lemon slices and gatorade and every time I took 3 sips of the prep, I quickly put a lemon slice in my mouth or took a sip of gatorade and swished it around my mouth. This helped with getting the taste out of the mouth. I have no idea what I would have done without those lemon slices. This actually was the most important tip of all. Then I drank my water and applied Desitin on my bum. This was the second important tip. This prevents the pain and soreness from all the wiping and BM’s. In the past using enemas or dulcolax, the BM’s hurt so bad and were so explosive, but these were not—they were warm and fairly gentle coming out most of the time. I had good BM’s for quite a few hours and then was even able to watch a few movies on my computer! Then I slept for a few hours and did the exact same routine again with the second dose, not forgetting to take the nausea and anxiety medication before drinking. This was a completely different experience than last time and I am so thankful I found these tips. I hope this helps someone out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Tasted good and was easy to consume. But the 2 step process did not clean me out as well as the 2 liter previous day process."

Kahuns December 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Took first 16 oz glass at 5 pm night before. No joke, was on the toilet in 5 minutes. Didn't leave bathroom until 7, that was about end of the first wave. Second glass at 145 am the morning of. Took about 10 minutes this time, but same result. Other than feeling a bit cold after taking it, I had no other side effects at all. Only downside was the taste. Was my first colonoscopy so had nothing to compare to, but it was hard to choke down. Definitely worth it in the end though"

Nysmet December 22, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "This is my third colonoscopy. Sure, Suprep doesn't taste good, but it's no where near as bad as the Phosphosoda stuff I had years ago with the first procedure. That stuff was like drinking concentrated sea water. The Suprep was a walk in the park by comparison. The two day prep worked well for me and I think the bland, low bulk, low fiber diet two days before the procedure reduces the cramps and abdominal discomfort. Thirty minutes after the first dose it started working. I had a little nausea, a few chills, but nothing major. I have yet to take the second dose but don't anticipate any problems."

Hershey Squirts (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Suprep is much better than the prep I used 6 years ago. At 6 pm the first dose went down pretty easily. I chilled the prep in the fridge and added room temp bottled water. Didn't want it too cold cause I wanted to be able to chug it. The taste not too bad. I drank 32oz water chaser within 2-3 mins and felt pretty bloated, as expected after drinking a total of 48oz. Within 30 mins or so I was "Taking the Browns to the Super Bowl". Pretty steady for about 2hrs or so then it tapers off. No nausea, no headache, however I did have chills for about 1hr. 4am, round two was harder to get down. Couldn't chug it like I did on the first round. It took probably 10 mins including the 32oz chaser. 2nd round kicks in quicker, 100% fluid. Colonoscopy is EZ"

MudButt December 21, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "I had read the tips and it worked well. Refrigerate the prep, get a straw and a lemon. Suck the prep as far back into your throat as possible. Just suck the whole cup down and then bite into a lemon wedge. It kills the taste off. It worked great for me! No problem. My problem has always been white coat syndrome, that is until I remind myself thats how I am . I had no other side effects. Just do it!"

RandyinLaguna December 19, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "This is the 3rd time I have had to take a prep for a colonoscopy/bowel surgery but the 1st time with this prep. I have to say I prefer this one over the 1 I had before. It is much easier and less painful then drinking 8oz every 15 minutes with the awful lemon flavor. With suprep after finishing the 16oz with it and the 2 cups of water within an hour of starting I had to go. Any time I try to leave the bathroom I have to go right back. No pain, or discomfort experienced other then being stuck on a toilet for hours. I was scared of experiencing the same unbelievable pain I have had with other preps. I'm relieved this experience is so much better. The taste isn't to bad although I did take meds for nausea before starting."

Cry257 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Let give you my take on the medication. I was nervous about taking it after reading all of the other reviews. I prepared myself by wearing comfortable clothes and applying Vaseline to my bottom. I chilled the suprep for a day and mixed it as directed. I actually enjoyed the taste - like a mediciney grape flavor. I drank the entire thing and finished off the required 32 oz of water in about 15 minutes. I felt comfortably full for about 40 minutes until I had the urge to go. I had a smooth and (for me) quite a large movement. Had a few watery ones after that. I felt GREAT after the first round.I continued drinking apple juice and jello - as much as I could - until it was time for the second dose. Nothing but warm water came out. Loved it!"

Shelly anne 72 (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "follow the directions. A little Vaseline on your bottom before you start. Lots of fluid during the process. Unlike others, I actually enjoyed the taste of it. After taking the first dose, I felt full but not uncomfortable. first bathroom visit in an hour. Very comfortable no cramps. Drank fluids and ate jello between visits. Felt tremendous relief after each session. Second dose even better, urges in 20 Minutes after taking. Large, comfortable watery visits that lasted a little longer and had more volume. Totally comfortable experience and I highly recommend it."

Anonymous December 16, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "Had several colonoscopies, endured dreaded gallon GoLytly, NuLytly, MoviPrep, OTC Mag Sulfate/water mixtures. Pros: smaller amt of bad tasting prep. Thats it for Pros! Cons: within a few minutes of starting to drink, got nasty chills; lips/face and progressing thru the body, inside and out. Finger tips and lips turning bluish and my teeth chattering! I'm 48yrs. 5' 10" and 135# active female with no fear of vomiting after going thru chemo...but this was tough! Felt like sudden flu! Wicked nausea, nervousness, muscle aches, freezing cold, cramps, and if i sat up...barf! Took 2 hrs to work aftr being on 24h liquid diet. No sleep, just projectile water-shoot-poop for 8 hrs. 2nd dose=water running out rear uncontrolled! Prefer old MoviPrep."

WhatCanineParvoVirusFeelsLike December 7, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "I used Suprep to have my first colonoscopy at 70. I followed a low residue diet for a week before the prep.(less in, less out) My evening dose of Suprep was easy: I chilled everything, added white grape juice for half the water, and used a fat straw for drinking. It wasn't bad at all especially if you pause to suck on a lemon. The a.m. dose was harder to take; who wants salty grape juice first thing in the morning when you're really hungry? The hardest part for me was drinking 32 oz. of water after the prep. I paced myself over the hour (don't chug!), had the water at room temperature, and about halfway stopped to have some salty broth to make myself thirsty. Suprep worked as expected with toilet times of about two hours for me."

dixie78 December 6, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources