User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Bowel Preparation 753 reviews 115 medications

7.6
Summary of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit reviews 753 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

For Bowel Preparation "This gets a rating of 5 because it is absolutely the worst tasting stuff I have ever tried to drink. On effectiveness I would give it a 10. The taste is horrid though. I didn't get stomach cramps or bloated. Within 10 min of drinking I was on my way to the bathroom. But the more of this 14oz I drank the harder it became. I didn't get it all down. I knew my limit and if I continued I would have lost what I had already consumed. I'm dreading my 5am dose in the morning."

No name123 June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Took first dose at noon . Took me about 20 minutes to get it all down . Salty cherry taste is accurate . Could be worse . It started working about 10 minutes later . I have been in the bathroom since . Getting the additional water down was not difficult as I am a water drinker . I am not looking forward to the second dose at midnight also can't imagine there will be anything left in my system by then."

Kric June 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Read these reviews ... "I will be fine. These things won't happen to me ...". Horrible tasting ! Got 1st bottle down. Put some lemon juice I. It. Boy, you had better be agile, after u take this. Took an hour to start, but THEN .. hardly any warning and then run to bathroom. This is way it continued for 1.5 hr and then pretty much let up, so I guess that part good. And after 1 bottle it was 90% good. Managed to get 1/2 bottle down in morn. BUT, could just not do any more ..YUCK "

Margolee June 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "First time I made it at room temperature with only water mixed in and it took me an hour to gag down the entire 16oz. Second time around I found the following to be super helpful: 1) Put the suprep in the fridge ahead so it's cold. 2) Use cold minute maid light lemonade instead of water 3) Add a lemonade Crystal light pack to the suprep before adding in the lemonade up to the 16oz mark. 4) Stuff your nose with cotton balls! (Game changer, folks!) 5) Use a straw to get it as far back in your throat as you can 6) Bite a lemon wedge after each sip. I was able to get it down in 15 minutes tops with no issues. Taste aside, it did the job!"

ColonCleanseInColorado (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I wish I could give this prep a rating of 0. I am 21 and have to go for a colonoscopy. I work in the medical field and did not think I would have a hard time with the prep. Not eating for the day didn't bother me at all, but after EACH sip of this prep, I gagged. I drank about 1/10 of the first cup (not exaggerating) and threw up 4x already. I now have a slight fever of 99, I am shaking and have the worst migraine. I will be cancelling my colonoscopy first thing in the morning and unfortunately I will have to either find a new prep or a new doctor. I would rather drink salt water off of a polluted beach than to ever drink this again. I wouldn't prescribe this prep to my worst enemy."

21yo June 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I just finished my first dosage. I have a high gag reflex and sipped it slowly at first. It took 20 minutes for 2 ozs. After reading the reviews, I added a lemonade packet. What a difference! It was much easier to drink, sort of like a tart lemonade drink with an after taste...not a great taste, but so much easier to drink."

Mimi Gee June 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Ugh. The taste is absolutely horrible. I would have much rather have eaten seafood than drink that stuff. I almost vomited shortly after finishing first dosage. And about 30 minutes later I already had to go to the bathroom. And everything has been yellow. Have had chills, nausea, feeling faint. I shouldn't have to be doing this at 25 years old. Ugh. Dreading the second dosage at 4 am"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Female 54 years old Normally I eat a high fiber diet and was directed low fiber diet the day prior to prep and clear liquids day of prep Took first dose @ 5pm; nauseated, abdominal cramps, headaches. Drank about a 1/2 gallon of water over the next few hours and nothing happened. Woke up @ 3 am and felt the need to fart but it was diarrhea and gas. Couldn't go back to sleep because of hunger. Liquid diarrhea continued until 6 am when I took the second dose. As the hours and diarrhea continued, it became clearer almost urine colored. The cleansing continued up to the moment I had the procedure at 11 am. Lots of gas and continued ' cleansing' diarrhea until about 24 hours after the initial dose. Opt for water not soda after colonoscopy"

MASS Ass (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "After reading horror stories about the taste, I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed it. I would drink it anytime I needed to clear out the colon. I looked forward to the second course and found the taste to be palatable. And clearly it's working. The diarrhea was fairly immediate, and it's achieving the aim. I will drink liquids for another couple of hours, but I, for one, say this was a great (cleansing) experience."

Kweku (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "The taste was not bad at all. My anxiety about this whole things was the only concern especially after reading the pamphlet in the kit which I do not recommend. It will just put ideas in your head to worry you (Some Side Effects May Include BS). I did the first dose at 6:30pm & cleared out within a couple hours. Next morning got up at 5am to chug down 2nd dose & about an hour later was passing clear yellow liquid. I starting prepping a few days earlier and not eating as much. Mostly light foods with little to no sodium. About 38 hours the before procedure I eat nothing. I had jello (no red, purple, or orange), water, zico coconut water for hydration, and 1 small 1 ounce slice of turkey for lunch. Easy on the stomach & better than Golytely."

All Done. Not too bad... (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I read over 100 reviews prior to taking and this is what I learned and recommend. Start 1 week before procedure with very low fiber diet and try to eat only 1 meal a day, especially if your GI system is sluggish. You'll thank me! I drank Suprep with a straw and chased it with lemonade followed by a bite of a lemon, which others recommended. Big help! No bad cramps, just a lot of watery stuff coming out for about 12 hours. I thought I wouldn't need the 2nd dose so I didn't take it; was still pooping liquid. They were able to complete colonoscopy but had to flush me out, am I bad? Good luck! It's not as bad as you think it will be!"

PoopyGirl1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I took this for a routine "you're 50 now" colonoscopy prep. This stuff was pretty easy peasy to deal with - not getting to eat for 38 hours was worse! It tastes like salty cherry cough syrup (minus the boozy taste). My doc told me to drink it ice cold, mix with some lemonade mix powder, sip it with a straw, pour it over ice to keep it cold, and drink it over 30 mins to an hour. I have a pretty strong gag reflex and have a hard time swallowing or keeping down anything nasty tasting but this stuff really wasn't that bad. It didn't upset my stomach, give me cramps or anything. It did its job in about 2-3 hours with no side effects or issues. I would def go this route if I ever have to again."

WildOlive (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Had my first colonoscopy 5/30/17. I was having serious anxiety about doing this prep, after reading all the reviews. Most importantly, you want a tolerable effective clean out. I noted some advice from fellow preceding preppers, so here is my advice. Premedicate with anti nausea med 2 hours before each bottle (Phenergan 25 mg). Plug nose with wet paper towels to dull sense of taste prior to opening. Drink room temp, probably helps with body chills and nausea to do this. I drank it slow (over 30 minutes) a few drinks then suck on sugar coated lemon slice and spit, rinse mouth out with another beverage. Drink 16 oz. water per next 30 minutes x 2. No reason to chug, that makes you nauseated. I had no cramping, works in about an hour."

Clear view (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Not the best tasting stuff but if you drink it fast it's not so bad. I drink a lot of water on a regular basis so it wasn't as hard to get down the additional fluids. it has a bit of a bitter aftertaste but it's manageable. It worked within about 20 minutes for me. I'm looking forward to taking a good long nap after my procedure this morning."

jeneratorrant (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I pre-mixed mine with white cherry Gatorade (no reds/purple colors) and let it chill in the fridge. Tasted like salty cherries. At 6pm I drank my first dose over the course of an hour (it didn't specify how fast.) Within 30 minutes my bowel movement started. I got ZERO warning it was going to happen. I was on the toilet until almost 11pm. Ugh 4.5 hours. I was able to get off the toilet three times for maybe five minutes. I slept briefly, starting my second dose at 4am. Bowel movement started at 415am. Its almost 630am and I'm still on the toilet. My check in time is at 9am so hopefully I can get there without an accident. I didn't have pain, nausea or vomiting. Just a constant faucet of liquid. Use A&D ointment and wet wipes!"

missussmith (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "The taste and texture have been a struggle, and swallowing the prep has been difficult, but the results have been gentle and effective. At first, I couldn't not swallow the mixture at all, but I mixed it with hot lemon tea and a lot of lemon juice and sipped it slowly. That made all the difference."

Barbarag66 May 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "It is hard to describe the taste. Sort of like a concoction of sweetart, cherry flavor, salty taste with a hint of sweetness all mixed together. I have had worse tasting meds. It took about 5 minutes to drink it and then I started on the first 16oz. Bottle of water. I felt very full and for me walking around the house helped. I belched a few times and within 15 min. I had to go to the bathroom and then about every 5 min. For the next 30 min. Or so. After that it started slowing down and I didn't have to go as much. I'm almost totally clear after the 1st round. I recommend baby wipes and Vaseline to keep from chaffing also brush your teeth and rinse to get rid of the after taste. It really helps."

Bgolden08 May 24, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "This was alot better than the nasty gallons of the past, yes I said gallons. Mixed first dose and just chugged it, yes in one lip setting, lol, drank my water within about 10 minutes, used flavoring for it. Started working within about 15 minutes, was actually not too bad. I have had about 8 of these procedures, started at 27, 52 now, if you think these are not good you would not survived 20 years ago, very good easy to use bowel prep, does what it is designed to do."

TDcqrd May 22, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Just finished with Suprep . Let me assure you that the worry and anxiety about using it is not equal to the actual experience which while not pleasant, was tolerable. Here are a few tips that helped the drink go down easily. 1. I mixed it with Propel Berry flavored water which helped dilute the cough syrup meets sea water flavor. 2. I used a straw and took long sips. It took me roughly 5-6 big sips. Your results may vary! 3. In between sips I sucked on a lemon which immediately killed the taste. Once I downed the "Colini" I consumed the requisite two 16 oz bottles of water over one hour. At the one hour mark, the desired effect started. I spent about an hour and half in and out of the bathroom and was able to have good night sleep!"

Marco On The Bass May 19, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Terrible flavor! Works good if you can actually finish the first dose. Dreading the second dose!!"

Pgh (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "First of all, it's medicine and will taste exactly like medicine. I have drank shots of tequila that was way worse than this. And by the way? Tequila had the same effect that this did! Started 25 minutes after drinking with no cramping. It did exactly what it was suppose to do. If you can't take it with just water, use Gatorade (orange is best). The worry is way worse than the actual prep."

Not bad May 18, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I am so thankful I found this site before I took my first taste! The taste was awful - cherry-flavored sea-water. Thank you to the writer who suggested sugar-covered lemon wedges! That really helped! I sucked a sugar-coated lemon wedge, took as big a sip as I could handle, and sucked on the lemon wedge again (even wiped my tongue with it). Needed about four lemon wedges for each of the doses. I do drink water fairly willingly, but 32 ounces beyond the 16 needed for the diluted solution was really tough. I used nearly the entire hour to finish getting the prescribed water. With the first dose, I started to experience cramps after about 35 minutes. I found that doing knee-lifts helped fight the cramping."

WelcomeTo50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "My low mark is all based on the taste. Yes, it cleared me completely in the first 2hrs of first dose. This hell in a cup tasted like what blood smells like. I wouldn't wish this stuff on my worst enemy. I don't know how I'll get up at 6am & drink it again...gagging at the thought."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "In the middle of my first dose. After reading other reviews I was positively dreading it. Now it wasn't exactly tasty but I just gulped it down and occasionally bit down a lemon wedge which really helped. It wasn't until the last few swallows that I had to give it a bit more effort because the taste was getting to me. My Dr's office told me I could drink GatorAde instead of plain water after finishing the prep bottle #1. I did not have anything cold because I prefer room temp. It took 35 minutes to start working. It's been 2 hrs and I've gone four times with no cramping, chills, nausea, etc. Things are already starting to be more clear. I'm really glad for the low fiber diet and for pushing fluids all day today. Not staying long on the pot either"

MBean May 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "After reading several reviews prior to my prep, I was dreading the prep. However, my experience was nothing like most posts. The taste is not terrific, but it was tolerable at a slow pace (5 minutes to drink solution). I had no cramping and was very gentle. Suprep Bowel Prep certainly did it's job. Had first BM within 1 1/2 hours after first dose and subsequent BM's x 3 hours. Second dose acted much quicker (25 minutes) and was complete in 2 hours. I found the most difficult time was drinking the 32 ozs following the initial 16 oz mixture but I typically don't drink much water per day anyway, so this was extreme for me. Overall, no nausea, no chills, no cramping......very pleased."

Ram NA May 15, 2017