User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

"This was my first time using this prep kit. I had to drink it at 4pm. The taste is bad my last gulp caused me to almost vomit. The 32oz of water was easy. Got a sharp pain in side and stomach then I felt like a water line had broken. The 2nd bottle was at 8pm. I used lemon to taste after each gulp and it work. Please use baby wipes and Vaseline because it will burn and hurt. After I was done. I just soaked in a hot tub. Overall compared to the others I rate it the best. I just don't get the yellow look at the end, how come it is yellow? You're clean- just yellow liquid. Good luck"

It's over May 16, 2018

"So I started the first bottle at 4pm, the taste is terrible, however it’s not quite as bad as some of the reviews I’ve read. I was in the bathroom about 30 minutes later, and I did end up vomiting, I think this was more from the fullness of drinking so much water after. I was able to lay down about 4 hours later and get a little rest before I had to be back up for the 3AM dose. It was harder to get down, probably because I knew what to expect and because it was 3AM!! I was going about 20 minutes later, and am still going. It wasn’t the worst experience, but wasn’t a good one either! If I ever have to do this again, I will for sure ask for a different prep. Good luck!"

Yuck! (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

"The Best Prep I Have Used - and that’s saying a lot since I have a colonoscopy every two years. Suprep was best by far the best for the following reasons: * You drink less of the actual prep mixture than with other preps (1/2 as much as some others) * Drinking the water chasers (or other approved liquid) is easy peasy * The taste of Suprep was better than I anticipated from reading other posts. Thanks to the horrible descriptions I read, I found it to be better than described. * The desired results began much faster (1 hr) than with other preps. TASTE TIP: Worked for me! ** I mixed the Suprep with lemon-lime Gatorade and between large gulps I took big sips of flat Coke. * Good Luck!"

Elena May 15, 2018

"Prep was ok. After colonoscopy and now 5 days later I am still having diarrhea, stomach distended, grumbling, chills, loss of appetite and major dehydration. I had to go to ER for CT scan and hydration. No bowel perforation- thank goodness. (Had one 10 years ago). The adverse affects are awful and the doctors don’t know what to do for me. Anybody have this?"

Jeanine (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

"Yes, it's disgusting. I wanted the Miralax non tasting gross drink but my dr. who I do like very much, said no. Gross but kept it down, drink it fast as I could, drank the 32 oz water after, bloated as could be. Took about 2 hours to go to the toilet. Then the explosions came, till it just looked like yellow pee. I tried to lay down between poops, as I was feeling wiped, but after a few mishaps realized I need to stay closer to toilet. The rug has stains now, but it's okay, its time for anew one anyhow. Next morning did part 2 of the prep, and yea, it was more revolting than the first time, but it went quicker. Gross and everything you can imagine, but so well worth it to hear 'all is clear and clean' Just do it, I did it 2 times before and this time waited one year too long, and just grateful all is good to go Came home slept and ate my favorite meal of steamed veggies and brown rice. I so missed this the days before when I had to eat low fiber so...........Just Do It !!"

Pookie May 13, 2018

"My doctor recommended I do two days’ clear liquid diet beforehand. Sunday evening had my last meal. Monday morning had a small coffee with last dash of milk. Drank Gatorade, apple juice and water with electrolytes. Monday evening I was feeling a little hungry. Had black tea and drank juices all Tuesday. The first treatment went down easily. Effects happened quite quickly, about 20 minutes. I sat on the toilet for a hour. No real discomfort. After an hour, I was able to get up and put on an adult diaper! Returned to the bathroom about 4 times over the next hour and three times during night. Up at 5:30 this morning. My procedure is at 12:00. The product did not taste as nice. I will sit on toilet again for an hour and then take it easy for the interim before Procedure. Perhaps not something I’d do for fun (although I hear it’s quite common to do a colon cleanse - same procedure sans the tube up your butt) but, having said that, if it means better health, I might even join the club!"

IonasDad (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

"Currently I'm drinking water after my morning dose. The taste is awful. I’m not going to pretend it’s not bad. It’s actually made me want to vomit. Definitely mix this with something clear other than water. I did 7 up with my evening dose and water this morning. I'm super nauseous and having a hard time trying to get my water down. But I actually work in the GI clinic and some of the docs prefer this prep over the other."

Anonymous May 8, 2018

"My 2nd Colonoscopy, most thorough cleansing I have ever had. It worked but for me the taste is what I still can not get out of my memory! Drink it in big swallows to get through it. Worked within the 1st hour for me, and I was able to get a little sleep the night before. The evening arrived after my AM Colonoscopy, I was nauseous and bloated. I was extremely cold and could hardly get warm enough to sleep that night. The day after my procedure I was not feeling well, and my head felt very disconnected. I called my pharmacist with my symptoms, he thought I was dehydrated. Instead of getting Gatorade, I opted for my own water with natural sea salt and a splash of lemon. The second day after my procedure I am not feeling 100%. I have added to my diet probiotic yogurts and still lots of H2O! I never read up on other people’s Suprep experiences before, but now I wish that I had! Don’t want to use this product again, there has got to be a better way in the future!!"

Montgomery May 7, 2018

"So this was like my 5th colonoscopy due to a family history. My Dr decided to prescribe this bowel prep for this procedure and it was the first time I’ve used it. This has been the most horrible experience by far out of all the others. It started with the taste.. thought it tasted like Robitussin and that made me vomit. I also experienced excruciating pain in my lower abdominal area which almost caused me to go directly to the hospital. Dr. thought it might have been the prep irritating my diverticulitis. I’m wondering if that’s a listed side effect. I will never use this prep again. After almost a week later and after a CAT scan the pain is finally almost gone. If you have diverticulitis BE CAREFUL."

GenePic May 6, 2018

"I just got back from my procedure and I have to say I was driving myself crazy by reading all the reviews. I mixed it with some grape propel and had some lemon wedges standing by . In my opinion it's not as bad as the negative reviews, but not as good as the positive ones. All in all I think the Miralax and Gatorade tasted better, and didn't leave me as bloated. But I think this was a better cleanse."

Ron May 3, 2018

"Not half as bad as expected! It was this or the gallon stuff, no way could I do the gallon! Cherry taste, not too bad. Drank it all in big gulps. Not one for sipping and taking time, I wanted it done! Popped a couple Mentos mints right after. Lots of nausea afterwards but it stayed down. Up the next morning at 6:00 to do it again. Not easy but managed it! Glad it's over!!!"

Marcia May 3, 2018

"Was so thankful for all the tips I read on this site. Taking the medicine was a breeze and the only after taste I had was lemon. Here is what I did: 1) refrigerate the liquid and water. 2) mix 1 packet of crystal lite in with the liquid, shake and chill, then add the water and mix well. 3) cut lemon slices and sprinkle with sugar. I chilled 6 shot glasses and filled each with the solution. I put cotton in my nose, took a shot of medicine, sucked on a lemon slice, and drank water. Repeated 6 times. I did not taste the medicine at all."

KW May 2, 2018

"The taste is not great, but it is only 2 lots of 16 oz . It took FOUR hours for the first bottle to start working for me. I got a little concerned that it was not going to work, so I took a dose of Miralax after about 3 hours. The second dose worked better, and the doctor referred to it as an "A+" prep. Overall my experience was not bad."

JM2018 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

"It’s not as bad as I imagined or had read. Follow the advice to refrigerate the liquid and mix with cold water, and drink through a straw. I got it down no problem—took about 15 minutes to drink the first dose. Followed by 32oz of water. Was on the toilet within 30-45 minutes. I was finished going to the bathroom after a couple hours. Felt depleted and exhausted afterwards. Had a hard time sleeping, took second dose at 6am. It’s 8:50 and I’m still peeing from my butt—LOL. I chased the second dose sip by sip with apple juice. After finishing going to the toilet the first round, I had a ginger beer because I felt nauseous. It seemed to pass right through me. I strongly suggest doing a low-fiber/low-residue diet 3 days before your procedure as my doctor recommended to me. Also the clear liquid diet the day before, get as much nourishment and electrolytes as possible. I did green juice from veggies in the morning, coconut water and water all day, and bone broth in the afternoon."

bowelcleanse April 25, 2018

"Positive experience and definitely wasn’t as bad as I feared. Drink had a strong grape flavor but found plenty of tricks to kill the taste including holding your nose, small sips of another drink to kill the taste and sucking on lemon wedges in between sips. Had no nausea or cramping. I tried really hard to hydrate enough but I still ended up pretty dehydrated by the time I got to the surgicenter. Drink as much as you can get into your body while you can because dehydration will make you feel really bad. I also used a clear nutrition drink to help with hydration which was wonderful. It really perked me up but I ran out towards the end. Once they got the IV in I felt better and a little while later it was all over and I was eating cookies and sipping cranberry juice! It’s all worth the piece of mind and definitely much easier than cancer treatment."

Sjsd April 25, 2018

"I was totally freaked out before the prep but DON’T BE. It’s really NO BIG DEAL. (Especially if you follow the 7 days pre-prep tips at the bottom). PREP TIPS Chill it! Make a chaser of 1 lemon and 2 limes squeezed and strained super well (I used nut milk bags), plus a tsp of sugar and as much water to make it drinkable — I left it stronger than a regular lemonade. PINCH YOUR NOSE and sip the prep then a sip of the chaser. I could only tell that it was salty but tasted nothing, and the chaser completely erased the taste and saltiness and no aftertaste. PRE-PREP tips that made this a NON-EVENT: 1. 7 days before, stop eating meat and follow a low-residue diet 2. 3 days before the prep, follow a liquid diet (coffee w/o dairy, Ginger tea, homemade chicken stock (strained through nut milk bags), fresh made lemonade (strained the same way), and light colored gummy bears). I know this is boring, but it’s not hard. I just went to bed earlier every night."

Jodi April 24, 2018

"This is my 4 colonoscopy and my first time using the suprep. It is the worst tasting one of them all. The worst. Period!!! Worst part of a colonoscopy, and the last procedure I was awake!"

Meg (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

"This is my second colonoscopy, and first with Suprep. First and foremost, it is gentle and fast. I expected cramping pain but had none. It started working within 15 minutes and I went several times in 2 hours then it was done. I must say, however, that is was hands down the worst thing I ever tasted. Tried lemon lime soda first time, and sweet tea the next. All I could taste was the nasty mineral taste, so I just chugged it. Once that’s done, something else to drink pretty much takes care of it. Fortunately, my doctor does a 4 pm dose and a 7 pm dose —- no early morning dose "

KimH April 23, 2018

"Like others, this was my first experience. I held my nose to drink it, got it down within 5 minutes. Texture wasn't too syrupy. The after taste is a sweet salty and I chased it down with another 16oz water. It started 1 hour on the dot for round 1, and after the initial 30 minute burst, it was like the normal runs and slowly subsided. Round 2 came on much more quickly, but didn't feel as productive/it was trickling for a good 15 minutes before making progress again. Stomach is grumbly, but I didn't experience nausea from this (I am 27 hours without food now, the hunger cramps are what makes me nauseous). I also had coconut water to replace electrolytes. Definitely get the softest toilet paper possible, and baby powder helps to keep skin from chapping. Thanks to others' comments helping me prepare, I thought I'd pass along my experience too. For me, this wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, hold your nose and bottoms up."

April8 (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

"Horrible experience. Rendered me incontinent! Stayed up ALL night because I could not get off the toilet. Changed clothes 4 times; was doing laundry at 4 a.m. I will NOT have another colonoscopy if I have to use Suprep. Had not used Suprep before but had used Moviprep. Moviprep did not have the "caustic" effects. Whoever approved Suprep could not have tried the product. Suprep is not a med that could encourage one to have a follow-up exam."

shorty April 18, 2018

"This was my first colonoscopy with suprep. Instead of the two step procedure, I was called to report early which meant that I had to do both preps in the evening. I started drinking the suprep at 6:00 pm. I drank it in about 10 minutes. Didn't gulp but pretty fast with 8 oz. in 5 minutes. I drank with a straw and plain cold water. I then completed all 32 ounces within the hour . It took 40 minutes. Slight fullness but no real nausea or vomiting. There was no pain or cramping just some gurgling. When I heard that I had almost no time. Read my iPad and stayed as comfortable as I could. I was finished by 9. At 10:15 I started drinking the cold prep with the straw. I finished by 10:30 and began 16 ounces of ice water. In less than 20 minutes the content was liquid. It was clear halfway through. I got in bed at 12 and went twice with just water. I slept from 1 to 5 and got up at 6. My experience was good . I credit it to the prep. I stuck to the instructions."

Bettye boop April 17, 2018

"Suprep made my lips feel I had stuck them in salt brine. I asked if I could use the old standard gallon mix. I was denied. I was up at 3:30am to finish the 2nd bottle. It was all I could do to not throw it all up. Actually I needed to stop with the 1st bottle as I was totally cleaned out. 2nd bottle made me dehydrated. This was made worse by showing up for colonoscopy at 7am and waiting over 1.5 hours for the procedure. By that time, the nurse could not find a vein to work for the IV due to severe dehydration. Talk all this over prior to your procedure."

Avoid Iowa Clinic Des Moines (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

"Ok having read all these reviews and just been through the whole thing myself, here’s the deal. First- it’s not that bad so don’t be anxious. Second the tips that work are: cool down both the stuff and the water you mix into it. I found that drinking it through a straw just made the whole thing longer. The best way, as someone else suggested, is to pour it into a drinking bottle and just knock it down! Sips of ginger ale in between help. The two or 3 glasses of fluid you have to drink in the next hour is actually the hardest part for me! Yes, get next to a toilet. For me it started working an hour after I drank it and finished 2 hours later. Liberal use of Vaseline and wet wipes rather than toilet paper are recommended! The next morning - take an attitude of ‘its just gotta be done’- no worse than the night before. However I found the diarrhea came on more quickly the next morning."

50 sux! April 12, 2018

"It wasn't that bad experience overall. Chased the solution with 7 up and drank the recommended amount of water afterwards. Within 30 minutes it kicked in. 2nd prep solution was less tolerable, 7 up couldn't knock the taste and half of it came back up. I realize a completely empty stomach didn't help, but seriously, one size does not fit all. 6 ft and 225 lbs compared to 5 ft 130 lbs? It should be prescribed proportionally, especially the 2nd prep solution. I imagine throwing part of it up was the plan and insignificant."

Anonymous April 12, 2018

"I avoided a repeat colonoscopy for 20+ years because the prep (with Fleet) was so unpleasant. This was way better. Prep #1, 6 pm: I drank relatively small amounts at a time. Vitamin Water Zero lemonade cut the taste. It started to work within 20-25 minutes, and was mostly done in about an hour. No gas or cramps, just some gurgles. A little more over the next few hours. Easy. Prep #2 at 5 am: Not so good. I think I was trying to glug it too fast. Used the same chaser. Got the wrong result in 20-25 minutes: I threw up. A lot. But the Suprep still finished the job. Tips: During prep, wear pants or shorts with an elastic waistband. You won't have time to fuss with snaps/buttons/zipper. Don't leave the bathroom until you're positive you're done. I almost got caught one time, and I was only 20 feet from the toilet. Have in reach lots of reading material/music/videos plus the 32 oz. you need to drink over the next hour. Vitamin Water Zero lemonade was a good chaser."

Sudago April 7, 2018