User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 89 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

"Whoever gave the suggestion of biting on a lemon wedge in between chugging the Suprep is a genius! The worst part about the drink is the awful aftertaste and the lemon totally cuts it. I've taken this prep in the past and was dreading it again this time around - BUT - the lemon made it totally tolerable! I just finished chugging the solution/water mixture and now I'm on to my first 16 bottle of water. (I think the harder part is going to be to drink the 32 oz of water within the next hour due to bloating, but that part I can totally deal with!!!)"

Preppin November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug is very effective but getting it down is a challenge. Ask your Dr for an anti-nausea/anti gag medicine to take 30 min prior. Ondansetron works. Otherwise I could not have gotten the prep down. Do this: mix the prep as instructed. Make a second 16 oz or more glass of ICE cold water. Take very small sips of the prep and then wash it down with sips of cold water which disguises the taste AND the water causes the prep to work MUCH more quickly. Take small sips or it will come back up. Trust me, I did not think I could make it through the p.m. and a.m. preps but remarkably the ice cold water helped wash it down. Night prep is slower to start. AM is faster. I didn't need to finish AM prep when Stool was clear yellow liquid."

Louisak (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I managed to get every drop down of this horrible disgusting stuff. It had a sweet lemony lime taste and I have no idea how I kept from vomiting. It's much worse than drinking Alka seltzer. It made me so nauseated. It worked really well but I will never drink this stuff again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am in the midst of taking it now. The instructions clearly say to drink 32 more ounces of liquid . After I nearly vomited finishing the actual prep. Then I had to drink the water. Give it a few minutes and I vomited the whole thing up. So I haven’t used the bathroom once since taking it at 7 pm and it’s now 9 pm. Hoping the second bottle does something, but might need to reschedule my appointment."

Anonymous November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Overall not that bad. I'm not a big guy, only 140 lbs so I was a little worried the one size fits all instructions might be more than I need. And after reading the previous comments I was expecting it to be worse than it was. I followed the instructions and had no nausea and only mild cramping on the 2nd dose. To me the taste while not great was also not that bad, only surprise was it tasted somewhat salty. Just have to chug it down over half a dozen gulps. My only complaint is the ridiculous cost, outrageous. Bottom line however is follow instructions and it's not that bad, at least it was not for me."

JB Max (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Vomiting and diarrhrea at the same time - horrible. The most vile tasting medicine. Tried mixing it with lemon flavored water on ice and holding my nose. I still was gagging and vomiting. Doing it once is bad enough but then have to get up in the middle of the night to do it all over again? There's got to be a better way."

Emptiedout November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello. I started my prep @ 5pm, for an 8am appt. If u have plan to mix it, use anything other than cherry flavor as it already comes cherry flavored. I mixed mine w/cold water, drank it using a straw and it was horrific. The BM started within an hour. Expect it to be completely liquid. Within a few hours it stopped. My 2nd dose was set for 2am but I started at 1am since I knew I wasn’t going to be able to drink it, this is time I had chilled the med but it made no difference. I even tried sipping veg broth in between sips which didn’t help but what did help was gargling w/Listerine cool mint mouthwash in between sips. I was able to drink about 1/2 then quit due to wanting to vomit. With the 2nd bottle I had chills & nausea and BM started 15 mins later. This prep was the worst thing I had to consume although it is very effective. I will never use this med again. I will go back to Miralax which was more tolerable. I don’t understand why they can make a pill camera for the GI but can’t manage a palatable bowel prep?"

nxp1130 November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The taste is so bad I had to try to keep from throwing most of it back up. WHY in the world would they add that awful "fruity" flavor?? Miralax doesn't taste like anything, take note SurePrep! Seriously some of the most disgusting flavored stuff I've ever had the misfortune of drinking. Vomited some of it back up but luckily got most of it down. It worked to clear things out but at what cost? Just spent 4 hours walking around my living room trying not to throw up! I'll go back to the old method thank you. Expensive and disgusting!"

MixtyRep November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was by far the worst stuff I've ever had. The liquid smelled like cherry soda but tasted like despair. It was the most soul-destroying experience ever. Getting the first batch down the pipes was difficult, due to the extreme nausea and horrifically bad taste. The second batch was a fight to not vomit it up immediately. I lost the will to live by the time it was over. NEVER AGAIN."

Never Again--Really (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a very positive experience. I mixed the Suprep with cold water. I utilized a straw to suck it away from most of my tongue. I was able to get the entire initial dose down quickly, and and while I was still able to taste the product, it was not that bad. I immediately chased the Suprep with some grapefruit seltzer water mixed with lemon juice which removed all residual taste. The first movement came on in an orderly fashion within 30 minutes and continue every 15-25 minutes for the next few hours. I utilized Desitin in after each which prevented any rawness. The next morning I repeated the same process with the same results. By the 4th movement on the second day the necessary clarity was achieved and the procedure went well."

Shytski38 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This prep resulted in severe nausea and vomiting. Please ask you doctor to prescribe a multi- laxative pill plus Miralax in apple juice as an alternative which I previously used and worked fine."

Souljamom (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don’t be discouraged by the negative comments. The taste was t nearly as bad as people say it is. I did the liquid diet as prescribed, dressed warmly, and used plenty of petroleum jelly on my behind. Several comfortable bm’s no discomfort whatsoever. Very effective and actually enjoyable. I’d definitely do it again."

Ruthiella (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Scheduled colonoscopy to rule out cause(s) of infectious colitis that made me very ill weeks ago. I just went back to work and was starting to feel better after nearly a month of being sick. Was able to drink down 3/4 solution of my first prep slowly, then my stomach started to rumble. I went into the bathroom and the second I sat down, I projectile vomited across the room. Several times. Ruined my new lace shower curtain. Called my Dr. who said to stop drinking the Suprep Bowel Prep (I was willing to try and continue) and to reschedule my procedure so a gentler prep could be prescribed. Very frustrating- I just wanted to get this over with. Now I have to take another day off and go through this again."

Frustrated Failure (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It wasn't too bad. Mixed with propel water after chilling both mix and water in freezer for 10 minutes. I think this helped reduce the bad taste. Drank it down in about 3 minutes with a straw, followed by two 16 oz glasses of cold water which took about 5 minutes. About 20 - 30 minutes later started coming out the other end. It subsided in about 2 1/2 hours went to bed, slept okay except there was a little gurgling all night. Next morning got up and did it again, with the same results. I will say I think I was cleaned out after the first round."

Pooooper (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I recently did the Suprep in preparation for a colonoscopy. I read all the reviews and Was so nervous about taking Suprep. It tasted so much better than my past preps, Golightly and Movi Prep. The taste was not bad at all and it was so much better than Ingesting Golightly. It was suggested on this forum to taste a banana popsicle in between gulps with a straw and that worked well. I would recommend this prep. The Doctor’s Office said I had to mix the SuPrep with water."

Anonymous October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This prep caused me to projectile vomit within 30 minutes of drinking it. Will request another brand next time."

Notahappyuser October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was very nervous after reading other reviews, but I actually found Surprep to be not too bad. I mixed with water, and when drinking it I used Sprite for a chaser, but didn’t need to drink the Sprite too often. I finished the evening prep, slept about 6 hrs, then did the morning prep and my waste was completely clear like urine. It had not been the night before. Glad it’s all over now, and really, the whole process was much easier than I expected. My anxiety after reading reviews was pretty high, and that anxiety turned out to be unfounded."

51-yr-old-woman October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The smell is deceiving, it smells sweet and fruity NOT!!. It is just one of the nastiest things I've ever put in my month. Although I did chase it with gatarade which seemed to wash away suprep after taste. The diarrhea wasn't any thing I haven't had before. This is my second colonoscopy. Was more worried about the prep that the procedure. The lemon lime stuff I drank the first time was way better tasting. If you have a weak stomach ask for something else."

akworkingmom (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"THIS is the most vile, disgusting, putrid thing I've ever had to drink. I did this 10 years ago, and it wasn't like this. Literally almost threw it back up. Oh and I'm not done...one more to drink. THIS should've been used in the middle ages as torture!!!"

Turtleneadfred (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am in my late 20's and was recommended for an early first colonoscopy. I was prescribed Suprep for my pre-procedure prep. I've heard horror stories about colonoscopy prep so I went searching, and needless to say I wasn't so happy with what I found. Luckily, everything I read didn't seem to apply to me. Suprep was super easy. I just mixed it with some cold berry propel water and drank it down. It honestly didn't even really taste that bad. Kind of like...I don't know, Smirnoff Ice? After drinking that you just have to drink water. I had little to no bloating or abdominal pain on either dose. I just had my colonoscopy at 830 this morning and I'm already home and working. All is well :). Prep was easy, colonoscopy was easy. Happy customer!"

B_B_3 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My prep time started at 6PM, I kept it very simple, added cold water to the prep and before drinking it I had huge spoon fulls of Italian Ice lemon flavor and then just gulped it while holding my nose. It wasn't that bad! drinking the water was a breeze, I typically drink about 8 bottles a day so used it. What followed wasn't that great though. I had some bad cramping and then the bathroom trips started, as others have put it, it is like urinating out of your butt. The morning of my prep it was a whole different story, maybe it was the not eating all day, sleepless night but I had a hard time with it, definitely not as easy as the evening before. Now hoping for a clean scope."

aibkrm October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I have my colonoscopy in two hours & had to do my prep last night. I drank clear liquids all day yesterday & was so hungry! I took my first dose at about 4:30pm, and let me tell you. The taste is so horribly indescribable. I thought I was going to puke the entire time. Then you are supposed to drink 32oz of water in two hours. As if you’re not already feeling sick & full. It started working in about an hour & lasted until about 10pm. I had nightmares all night about having to wake up and drink it again at 5am. I also had really pain intestinal pains that kept waking me up all night. 4:45 rolls around & I force myself to drink the Suprep & the same thing ... started gagging and was so close to vomiting.. hopefully I’ll be all cleaned out"

CAgirl08 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was by far best bowel prep experience. Sure it could taste better but it isn't awful. I drank it quickly through a straw with a lemonade chaser. I was well hydrated before I began and during. No cramping, no nausea, it was so much better than past experiences. I think hydration was key and the straw."

MSquaredm October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"You can do it!! It's not great, it's awful but you can do it! Remember that having a colonoscopy is very important, the trade off (drinking this nasty prep) and knowing your colon is healthy makes it worth it. My mom passed away with colon cancer, I have colitis. I hated every minute of the bowel prep. I'm 50 and this is my 3rd colonoscopy and the first time I've tried suprep, I am positive I will go back to the laxative/gatoraid prep for my next visit. Oh how I wish there was a pill for a prep!!"

Lena in King (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used Suprep one year ago to prep for a colonoscopy, and asked for it again specifically this time around. (Colonoscopy is tomorrow.) The taste is tolerable. I used a straw and sucked 16 ounces of it down in 3 fell swoops, and chased it with some plain water each time. It began to work for me within approximately 20 minutes. I had slight cramping, which is to be expected given the nature of the product. I also got a little chilled, which I suppose has to do with my electrolytes being thrown out of whack. All in all this works well for me. I’m just glad that I live in the day and age where a colonoscopy is an easy and available procedure."

Doolinbound (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017