User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

"The taste and texture have been a struggle, and swallowing the prep has been difficult, but the results have been gentle and effective. At first, I couldn't not swallow the mixture at all, but I mixed it with hot lemon tea and a lot of lemon juice and sipped it slowly. That made all the difference."

Barbarag66 May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It is hard to describe the taste. Sort of like a concoction of sweetart, cherry flavor, salty taste with a hint of sweetness all mixed together. I have had worse tasting meds. It took about 5 minutes to drink it and then I started on the first 16oz. Bottle of water. I felt very full and for me walking around the house helped. I belched a few times and within 15 min. I had to go to the bathroom and then about every 5 min. For the next 30 min. Or so. After that it started slowing down and I didn't have to go as much. I'm almost totally clear after the 1st round. I recommend baby wipes and Vaseline to keep from chaffing also brush your teeth and rinse to get rid of the after taste. It really helps."

Bgolden08 May 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This was alot better than the nasty gallons of the past, yes I said gallons. Mixed first dose and just chugged it, yes in one lip setting, lol, drank my water within about 10 minutes, used flavoring for it. Started working within about 15 minutes, was actually not too bad. I have had about 8 of these procedures, started at 27, 52 now, if you think these are not good you would not survived 20 years ago, very good easy to use bowel prep, does what it is designed to do."

TDcqrd May 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Just finished with Suprep . Let me assure you that the worry and anxiety about using it is not equal to the actual experience which while not pleasant, was tolerable. Here are a few tips that helped the drink go down easily. 1. I mixed it with Propel Berry flavored water which helped dilute the cough syrup meets sea water flavor. 2. I used a straw and took long sips. It took me roughly 5-6 big sips. Your results may vary! 3. In between sips I sucked on a lemon which immediately killed the taste. Once I downed the "Colini" I consumed the requisite two 16 oz bottles of water over one hour. At the one hour mark, the desired effect started. I spent about an hour and half in and out of the bathroom and was able to have good night sleep!"

Marco On The Bass May 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Terrible flavor! Works good if you can actually finish the first dose. Dreading the second dose!!"

Pgh (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First of all, it's medicine and will taste exactly like medicine. I have drank shots of tequila that was way worse than this. And by the way? Tequila had the same effect that this did! Started 25 minutes after drinking with no cramping. It did exactly what it was suppose to do. If you can't take it with just water, use Gatorade (orange is best). The worry is way worse than the actual prep."

Not bad May 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am so thankful I found this site before I took my first taste! The taste was awful - cherry-flavored sea-water. Thank you to the writer who suggested sugar-covered lemon wedges! That really helped! I sucked a sugar-coated lemon wedge, took as big a sip as I could handle, and sucked on the lemon wedge again (even wiped my tongue with it). Needed about four lemon wedges for each of the doses. I do drink water fairly willingly, but 32 ounces beyond the 16 needed for the diluted solution was really tough. I used nearly the entire hour to finish getting the prescribed water. With the first dose, I started to experience cramps after about 35 minutes. I found that doing knee-lifts helped fight the cramping."

WelcomeTo50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My low mark is all based on the taste. Yes, it cleared me completely in the first 2hrs of first dose. This hell in a cup tasted like what blood smells like. I wouldn't wish this stuff on my worst enemy. I don't know how I'll get up at 6am & drink it again...gagging at the thought."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"In the middle of my first dose. After reading other reviews I was positively dreading it. Now it wasn't exactly tasty but I just gulped it down and occasionally bit down a lemon wedge which really helped. It wasn't until the last few swallows that I had to give it a bit more effort because the taste was getting to me. My Dr's office told me I could drink GatorAde instead of plain water after finishing the prep bottle #1. I did not have anything cold because I prefer room temp. It took 35 minutes to start working. It's been 2 hrs and I've gone four times with no cramping, chills, nausea, etc. Things are already starting to be more clear. I'm really glad for the low fiber diet and for pushing fluids all day today. Not staying long on the pot either"

MBean May 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After reading several reviews prior to my prep, I was dreading the prep. However, my experience was nothing like most posts. The taste is not terrific, but it was tolerable at a slow pace (5 minutes to drink solution). I had no cramping and was very gentle. Suprep Bowel Prep certainly did it's job. Had first BM within 1 1/2 hours after first dose and subsequent BM's x 3 hours. Second dose acted much quicker (25 minutes) and was complete in 2 hours. I found the most difficult time was drinking the 32 ozs following the initial 16 oz mixture but I typically don't drink much water per day anyway, so this was extreme for me. Overall, no nausea, no chills, no cramping......very pleased."

Ram NA May 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took my first dose at 6pm last night and 6:02 I was in the bathroom, first few times I poo'd it was still a little hard, but after about half a hour it just comes right through you, the medicine doesn't taste that bad, and by 10pm I was only going in occasionally, now it's 7:21am, I took my 2nd dose at 6am, and I'm wondering how anything can still be left in there tbh.... My procedure is at 9:30, but the diarrhea is tapering off, actually it's not even that, it's like your peeing out your butt....seems to be slowing down though, that way everything is flushed and clean for the doctor and I won't have to go back in for 5 more years hopefully, but at this time I'm still not venturing far from the bathroom"

Dee L May 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm about 10 hours into my prep. First time colonoscopy. First sip of Suprep at 6 PM seemed fine. Now merely typing the word makes me gag. Took 40 minutes to get down the first dosage. Took effect fairly quickly; spent the next four (!) hours in my bathroom. Dreaded second dosage, which I began choking down at 2 AM. Had to just do it while on the toilet because my body was still reeling from dose one. About 45 minutes into gagging down the second dosage, I began salivating profusely and proceeded to projectile vomit three to four times, effectively spewing out the medication. Managed to get down the remaining 4 ounces and anticipate I'll be on my toilet til I have to leave for the procedure in 90 minutes. Wish I had bought adult diapers."

This Sux May 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had my colonoscopy on Thursday and the Suprep really did it's job. I had never used this prep before so went to the site to read patient's reviews. Have to say after reading many of them I wanted to change my mind. Started my prep Wednesday late afternoon. I did not find the taste unbearable--I have paid for drinks that taste worse. I did chill the solution and mixed it with cold water. I finished it in about 5 gulps--sucking on a lemon wedge in between, the lemon takes the aftertaste away. Finished the additional water in the next half hour. I then walked around and it started to do it's thing in about 1/2 hour. 2nd dose finished up and was finished going in about 1 1/2 hours. It did it's job!!"

Gladitsover (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Well, if you're reading this review I suspect you are getting ready to gulp down some Suprep. Ok, so, here is my advice to you...Go buy yourself some limes, or lemons, I prefer limes. Cut them into wedges and coat them with some sugar. I like Sugar in the Raw. Mix your prep and put it into the fridge until it gets nice and cold. When you are ready take a lime wedge and suck on it, take a nice big swig of the prep and them immediately suck on the lime again. Continue until all of the prep is gone. The sourness of the lime eliminates any flavor from the prep. I truly can not tell you what the prep tastes like. In my mind I just had a nice margarita. Wait about 15 minutes and run like the wind to the bathroom. I swear, it's no big deal. PS don't forget the vaseline to protect your butt."

partlysunny70 May 11, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Pound it and get it over with! One-to-one. Suprep - Gatorade, Suprep - Gatorade, Suprep- Gatorade - DONE"

Suprepper (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It gets a 10 for effectiveness, a 1 for taste, and a 5 (neutral) for side effects. My mom did Dulcolax and Miralax (both OTC) for her last colonoscopy and that's probably what I'll do next time if nothing better comes available. I WILL NEVER USE SUPREP AGAIN. I was able to get the first bottle down with the help of ginger ale (I divided the bottle into 2 glasses with water, and drank the ginger ale separately). It took an hour to do this. The SuPrep was very cold and I used a straw but it did not help much. The aftertaste is horrific and made me want to puke. I did get chills; it started working 20 minutes after I finished. Got down 1/2 a bottle the next day. Luckily my Dr gave me it for free cause I couldn't afford it. THE KEY IS YOUR DIET"

crimsonclover May 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The stuff works, no question there. But the taste of it is absolutely horrendous and I'm due to drink the second round in about 30 minutes and am full of dread. When I started the first one, I was immediately thinking that I'd have to call the doctor's office and say I couldn't do it. There is simply no excuse for something to taste like this. My upper lip was sweating, I was shivering, the taste was enough to make me gag though likely not vomit. Other preps have worked just as well in the past but did not taste this bad."

CLB2017 May 10, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Don't believe anyone that tells you the taste is not bad. It is awful and there is no way to mask it. I couldn't even finish the second dose. This is the worst part of the whole procedure and there has to be a better way!"

Rlmccoy May 9, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I can't even begin with how absolutely disgusting and vile this was. I could not stop shivering like I was cold and gagging and I had goose bumps everywhere. I am finding it almost impossible to finish the second dose. I honestly wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and I will never have another colonoscopy after this experience. While all that sucks sadly the medicine actually does work very well and gets the job done. I would recommend being extremely close to the toilet afterwards."

Maria9952 May 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Suprep is not the tastiest drink in the world, but it gets the job done. The worst side effects I experienced were chills and slight nausea. I did the split dose, so 1 bottle the night before the test, and one the morning of. There was no vomiting, and it did it's job in about 3 hours, although, I recommend staying close to a toilet just in case. It's definitely the worst part of the colonoscopy, though, so just know as they're wheeling you back for the procedure, the worst is over."

KelseyG. May 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is an utter abomination- in my time of need I turned to my savior, 7-Eleven. I praise the Slurpee God, for without him I could not have made it through this. After each gulp, I chewed on frozen Slurpee to relieve the agony. A Slurpee is sweet relief compared to the bitter pain that this ungodly liquid brings me. This is the worst taste I have ever had!"

Slurpee Lover24 April 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I found that I agree with the descriptions on here of the taste, this stuff is totally vile and I could not find a way to make it taste better. I took the first bottle around 5:30 and it was almost impossible to get down, I started having bad nausea and chills but thankfully I didn't throw it up. It started work with 15 minutes and continued for about 2.5 hours. I took the second dose at 3am and this did not go so well. I tried using a straw this time to deal with the taste but it didn't really help. After finishing the solution I felt very nauseous but I thought I could manage it. Unfortunately at about the 1 hour mark I was hit with a horrible wave of nausea and projectile vomited the suprep plus all of the water I had drank."

Sicktummy (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After reading several reviews I was a bit concerned about the treatment. My experience falls into the positive side of the reviews. The flavor is like drinking diet cherry drink, knock it back quickly in about 5 mins in 8 to 10 gulps. Start drinking the water immediately which will cleanse your palate. Drank the next 2 big glasses of water within 40 mins. First treatment started working in one hour. 4 trips to the throne over 3 hours and then felt comfortable enough to go to bed. Like many people I am writing this whilst starting the second treatment. Feels like it will kick in quicker this time. All in all much better than the heavy 64 ounce treatment of 5 years ago. Eat light 2 days out and liquid only diet day before helped a lot."

Clean as a whistle April 25, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am mid prep right now, and I feel compelled to write this after my horrible experience. I am 48, finished chemo and radiation for breast cancer about 6 months ago, so I don't know if that has affected my experience. And my Dad had stage IV colon cancer so I know other preps are not easy either. But the taste of this is unbearable and vile! I had severe bloating and nausea, took a Zofran after speaking to the nurse.. About 2 hours later I ate half a bowl of broth and had 6 or more projectile vomiting. Called the Dr, he said don't take the 2nd bottle, indicated it worked faster in me, I assume. Had jello & Sprite later, 2 hours from that more stomach pain and 7 more projectile vomiting. I am afraid to drink anything now. NEVER again!"

KareC April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Took first dose of Suprep last night at 6:00 p.m. Had only one movement and was wondering what was up after reading all the reviews for spending hours on the toilet. Went to bed and slept pretty well. Fast forward to 5:00 a.m. this morning. Took second dose as instructed, and took a few of the previous tips such as sipping slowly (last night I almost threw it up after drinking too fast), sipping water and Berry Propel between the solution swigs. Wow, it took only about 30 minutes and wow, I have been on the toilet for the past hour. This stuff really works! I am remembering to use the petroleum jelly for the bum so as not to chafe. I am getting chills this morning, unlike last night. I hope the colonoscopy goes well this morning so I won’t have to think about this again for 5-10 years!"

busymommy00 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources