User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

S · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2020

“Used this Suprep Bowel Prep Kit for a colonscopy done today. Followed the recommendations, 2 days of soft diet, then day before a liquid diet. I took the first bottle at 5 PM on Weds. night. Yes, it had a medicine taste, but I mixed with cold water and drank with straw. Drank half pretty quickly, then drank more water. About 20 minutes later finished the prep and drank more water. Worked within the hour for me. Had several bm and was pretty well done by 9pm. Went to bed got decent sleep, got up at 230AM for second dosage. Mixed it the same as the night before. This was one tough to get down, but did it the same as before, just spread out over 30 minutes. Began working within 30 minutes of finishing drink. BM weren't as intense as the first time. Made sure to drink more fluids up to allotted time. Then had colonoscopy at 8 AM. Went great, Dr said colon was very clean. Overall, it wasn't bad for me, not like the stories I read on different sites.”

Kate September 2, 2020

“My colonoscopy was scheduled for a Tuesday so the Saturday before I ate a very bland diet. Sunday I stuck to only liquids. Monday was my prep day at 6 pm I started the suprep. I will be honest it is the most disgusting stuff you will ever drink, I mixed mine with lemonade crystal light and some ice. It took me 45 mins to get down, I took a sip and then immediately had Italian ice ready to eat, I also bit into a lemon and had hard candy near by. I got it down but it took 45 mins, I also took a 8 mg zofran a hour before prescribed by my dr. I started using the bathroom about a hour after I finished the Suprep and 2 water bottles. I did not have any side effects at all just a bloating full feeling. At 11 pm I tried to drink the next dose of suprep mixed with crystal light. I couldn’t get it down I only drank 1/4 of it and one water bottle. Luckily my bowel movements were clear and my dr could do the test. The actual procedure was fine I was asleep and don’t remember anything.”

Lhow · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2020

“This was colonoscopy number four and the first time I use the Suprep is the best experience I’ve had yet. Totally cleaned me out. So much nicer than drinking the big gallon of horrible tasting liquid. Prep is never pleasant. This was not bad.”

WyxiePyxie · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

“I'm no wimp. Had my ovaries out and double mastectomy. This stuff is awful. After completing the first bottle, I dreaded taking the second bottle all night long. I got 2/3 of the second dose in me and literally could not force myself drink any more. Its sick, salty-sweet taste is gagging. Tried cold water and holding my nose. My friend got to us Dulcalax; wish I had his GI! It works, but I also don't have anything else to compare to for efficacy.”

HappyButt August 24, 2020

“I read a lot of the experiences on here. I will admit I got freaked out by a lot of them. However, this prep was no big deal. I mixed a packet of true lime and true lemon in with the suprep and added the water. Drank it in 2 minutes with a straw. It didn’t taste bad at all. My only complaint with this whole thing is how much liquid you have to drink. My belly was sloshing all night. Other than that it worked great!”

Mo · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2020

“Absolute WORST of all time. I wish I found these reviews before I took this Suprep Bowel Prep Kit stuff. It is AWFUL. I told my husband I would take childbirth over ever having to drink this nasty stuff again. Disgusting, nasty, horrific taste. Chasing it doesn’t help, it’s a thick syrup consistency, even when diluted. By the 2nd dose, I puked half of it up-it made me gag uncontrollably. I can not express enough how absolutely horrific this product is. Zero stars if I could-I hope this helps someone. I will never, ever, EVER take this again.”

Cat Mom August 20, 2020

“After the worse experience in my life I feel the need to express my opinion. I’m sitting here without getting my colonoscopy this morning. I’ve had two over the years so I knew what to expect. Within fifteen minutes I was power puking the stuff up. Next few minutes it was both ends. After shaking and sweating it eased so I tried again in four hours and it was the same results. Still sick today Now I have to wait two weeks to do the colonoscopy with other medications. I would not recommend”

LouieT · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2020

“49yr old Female: I just had my first colonoscopy/endoscopy today and what a breeze it was! I stressed myself out for over a week about this procedure, especially the prep. I found Suprep to be SO EASY! I followed what everyone else has stated; mixed with Crystal light, suck on a lemon/ice after sip, use a straw. After drinking the 32oz of water after each dose, I was in the bathroom pretty quickly. I didn't have any bloating, nausea, or vomiting. I changed my diet about 3 days before I did the prep, so that might have helped. Don't stress about this; you can do it!”

Jack · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2020

“Battery acid diarrhea every 3 minutes for 2+ hours after each dose. I wish I knew: --> Liberally apply Destin before the pooping starts --> Blotting not wiping - and wet wipes --> Wear long sleeves & Turn off the A/C and ceiling fan --> I followed the instruction to the letter.”

MAJ June 6, 2020

“Horrible experience. Still have diarrhea 3 days after procedure.”

Ld June 5, 2020

“I had great experience was scared after reading so many negative reviews.The prep had hardly any taste and was very effective .The hardest was going without solid food the day before lol”

Terry · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

“I can tolerate a lot but this stuff made me gag!!! It took all my effort not to throw it up! I’m not sure I could go through this again.! I must say that it works great. But, I think I would opt for the ‘old’ way if I had to do it again. Even the thought of the taste of it, makes me gag!!”

Lady · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

“The risk for this prep is too high! Nausea/vomiting are listed as both a bad and general side effect. There's little indication of the difference. Almost 30 hours after starting the prep, I ended up in the hospital with a sodium count near critical levels. The colonoscopy was successfully performed 16 hours after prep started. Continuing nausea prevented adequate replenishment of fluids & electrolytes post-procedure. NEVER AGAIN!”

Logan · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

“If you read negative comments about the taste or ease of this product, most likely the reviewer never had the “pleasure” of the old gallon preps. This prep is, in comparison, amazing! The taste is best described as a salty cherry medicine. You are not going to want to sip this poolside on the weekends but, it is a simple prep. I found following each sip/gulp with lime Gatorade helped with the after taste.”

Lupus warrior · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

“This prep made me very nauseous to the point of vomiting. Taking Zofran helped a bit, but not completely.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2020

“I’m not sure how people are able to do this. I’m 21 years old and unfortunately have to get a colonoscopy done. It took me an hour and a half, 4 water bottles and 2 cans of ginger ale to be able to get this stuff down. It is awful. Not looking forward to doing this again in the morning. I mixed it with sprite but it was way too sweet, big mistake”

BlueWaterGirl1988 March 2, 2020

“This stuff is definitely a lot better than having to drink a gallon jug of liquid, that's what my doctor first prescribed me and I said "nope, have bad memories of that stuff," luckily it was changed to Suprep. I was a little late taking my first dose which didn't end up being till 9pm, I took the second dose at 3am. The first dose wasn't bad, horrible taste even with lemonade mix, but it was tolerable with a chaser of water. I was prescribed Zofran just in case of nausea from this, so that helped a lot. I was on the toilet within 20 minutes and I was pretty much shooting out clearer liquids an hour later. I made sure to be on a low fiber diet for a couple days before the clear liquid day, plus I'm on Linzess and that gives me daily diarrhea. Second dose was hell and I only drank a little over half of it. It still did the job just fine, looked like yellow pee coming out my butt from the start.”

Dale Morgan February 28, 2020

“This was my first "Suprep". The kit was basic and easy to follow. I started at 4:00 PM. It tasted horrible, as expected. After another 2 16 oz cups of water, I began to get very cold . The prep kicked in about an hour later. No problem-until the 2 hour mark- then all hell broke loose. There was water coming out of me so fast that I couldn't make it to the bathroom in time. I was almost ready to give up, but by the second prep time at 10:00 PM I was ready to give it another try. Although I was semi-gagging as I drank down the liquid, I finished it. Again I started shivering, getting tired, and having stomach cramps. Again-I couldn't get to the bathroom in time twice, so I ended up sleeping on my bathroom floor that night. Thank goodness I did. My colonoscopy was normal and the Dr. commended me for doing the prep so well. I told him, "Now I know why colonoscopies are done every 5 years- that's how long it'll take me to physically and emotionally recover from the Suprep".”

SG February 28, 2020

“Mixed w/Crystal Light, down in 6 chugs through straw in 15 min. Sipped on room temp cucumber water, sucked on lemon to neutralize sweet taste. Lemon wedge a great tip. I started shivering, had blanket ready, got in bed, finished 32 oz of water in 15 min. 30 min later minor discomfort, toilet 10 min later. Stools almost completely watery. Sipped ginger ale. Had Vaseline, tucks, no wipe just blotting. No nausea or headache. Did light diet for 3 days prior, clear liquids incl. broth day of. I read to have some calories so less nausea. Seemed to work. I do it again in 3.5 hrs no prob, it’s nothing. Last sips are hard, I will dilute w/more lemonade and have it less cold. Have everything ready beforehand. Had water, lemon, hard candy to suck on, Gatorade, ginger ale, straws, etc. Dress comfortably, have devices charged, have blanket, etc. Take your time in between, relax. It’s doable.”

Frequentflyer · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

“I’m in complete disbelief that the general good reviews of this poison are real. I threw up 3 times and couldn’t finish the 2nd half of my prep. I have broken capillaries in my face and got a bloody nose from puking my stomach juices out. A prep for a colonoscopy does NOT go this way. I didn’t ask any questions or google anything when the DR gave me SUPREP. I trusted him. Yeah there was a lot of bathroom time, fine. The taste is vile. You could mix it with a million dollars and it wouldn’t be consumable. Somebody is getting paid to push this stuff maybe they should drink it. I rated it effective because it works, you get cleaned out.”

Scarred for Life February 26, 2020

“This is some of the most awful tasting stuff in the world. The first dose I mixed with apple juice. It was still so salty and the after taste made me shake and cringe. I felt bloated, nauseated, and dizzy until I started pooping. It took 1 & 1/2 hours to work. I have pooped from 730pm until time for my next dose at 530AM. The medicine worked wonderfully but it taste so awful that I immediately began gagging and shaking when I opened the second bottle. I'm soooooo nauseated. It's awful stuff but it does the job!”

KT · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

“Tasted so terrible I could not do the 2nd dose. As a result, Did not sufficiently cleanse for my test. The cost was $85! For previous colonoscopies I took dulcolax or miralax with no issues. Now I will have to schedule a second test and pay another deductible in a year. Very unhappy with this product.”

Dman · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

“Guzzled each 16 ounce portion at directed times, took about 9 huge gulps. Drank the required 32 ounces of water after each dose in similar fashion, 16 ounces first, waited 5 minutes, and guzzled the next 16 ounces. Worked as it should, the taste of the product, when mixed with pretty cold water, didn't really bother me.”

Emgee · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

“Midnight...just finished the second dose. The taste was about like a crappy (no pun intended) juice drink. I didn’t eat much the day before my prep day and I think that made things easier. The shivering is there, so I cranked up the heat in our spare bedroom to spare my wife. Drank all the water at once, didn’t wait to do it over the one hour. So....now I wait for dose 2 to take effect. Dose 1 worked as expected and I’m pretty sure that fasting before the prep day helped.”

SAM · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

“This is my first time having this procedure so in fairness I have nothing to compare me experience with. However, my frustration lies with the fact that we can put a man on the moon but we can’t make a bowel prep taste good. This has to be the worst tasting thing I have ever had to drink. I tried the first round with cold water and the second dose the next morning mixed with Sprite. The Sprite made it taste better but harder to drink fast. I’m not sure there is anything you could drink it with that would make it taste better. I wish I had something more positive to say. Childbirth was easier.”