User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 84 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

"This prep is disgusting. I suffered for hours. I tried mixing iced tea with the prep as my Dr. directed, but that didn't make it any more palatable. It made me gag each time I tried to take a sip. I took very small sips through a straw. I blocked my nostrils with tissue to try to reduce the nastiness of the flavor. I would not recommend it, although my Dr. said I was well prepared for the colonoscopy."

dj, rn (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"taste was not bad. My doctor had me take a laxative the day before drinking super prep. It made a big difference. all told this prep is 1000 times better then drinking the gallon prep. my insurance cover total cost of the prep. do not believe all the negative posts"

gators9001 March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After forking out $86 (!) for this stuff I followed the instructions and it worked without issue within an hour. Just make sure you're near a toilet for the next couple of hours afterwards. I didn't find the flavor all that bad, it wouldn't be something I'd choose to drink taste wise but it was easy enough to deal with. After the procedure I ate my usual food again and everything returned to normal a day later."

Nils 02 March 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was shocked to find that my "unflavored" (according to my pharmacy) Suprep was a sickly sweet, childhood grape-like flavor that I literally had to gag down. There is nowhere on the packaging nor bottles that indicated this flavoring. I finally found the full ingredients buried on the back of the poster size insert ".. sucralose.. flavoring ingredients.." I would rather add some Crystal Lite if I want sweet and I can choose my own flavor. Absolutely gross and needless flavoring."

Deezer B March 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my first prep. I avoided corn, nuts and seeds 3 days prior. Started my liquid diet Sunday AM. Sunday 7PM I Mixed Suprep with Crystal Light Lemonade and chugged it all down pretty quickly. I had sips of peppermint tea when I stopped for a breath between chugs. I read this advice somewhere. This really helped with the nasty aftertaste. After drinking it all, I rinsed my mouth with a nice minty mouthwash. Then I filled my own water bottle with 32 oz of water to drink. (Do not use the Suprep cup to measure the water you follow up the Suprep with). It went to work in about 30 minutes. I'll probably take the anti-nausea med before my morning dose at 7 am. Procedure tomorrow at 1:30."

First Time Prepper March 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had 2 other colonoscopies using other preps. By far, SUPREP has been the most thorough, but also the most difficult for me to ingest. I am not easily nauseated, so that was not a problem. But, I can see why someone could become quite queasy because of the taste. It has an overpowering cherry taste. I'm hoping that the next time I need to take it they will have a lesser cherry taste or, better yet, a completely different flavor...again, not so strong."

KeptitReal March 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Suprep Bowl Prep Kit was the vilest tasting thing I've encountered in 76 years. If you plan to use this preparation for a colonoscopy, find a way to mask the taste. The Suprep left me with a very upset stomach nearly 24 hours after ingesting the first of the two bottles. At times, while drinking the preparation I experienced some nausea. It did do the job of cleaning the colon, but it took a very long time to do it. The drug may work wonders for others, but I won't touch it again."

Bedoin March 14, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Having done this before I can say I wasn't looking forward to doing it again. I refused one appointment because they wanted me to drink a gallon of prep. Nope, not gonna do it. Suprep is bad enough. This time however I did things a little different. I squeezed the juice from half a lemon into a small glass and set it aside. I mixed the prep with chilled water. I then plugged each nostril with a big enough piece of wet paper towel that I couldn't breathe through. Mixed the prep with chilled water and split it into 3 portions. Completely down one portion without breathing and take a small sip of lemon juice swirling it around. Do that with the rest of the prep and wash it all down with water. It really wasn't so bad this time. Do-able anyway."

B.i.l.l. March 10, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Threw it up 45 minutes after drinking it. Am waiting for a half hour to try again. Slight headache but that could be from being really hungry. Two days ago bad half chicken breast for lunch and grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. Yesterday has small cup of cottage cheese for lunch and chicken broth for dinner. Have had a lot of water and soda. But I am soooooo hungry"

JCNOLA (taken for 10 years or more) March 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The suprep was repulsive. It took over 1.5 hours to get the first bottle down. Not vomiting was a struggle. The taste is like sea water and just hard to tolerate. Adding ice a helped a teeny tiny bit. It did what it was supposed to do. It's effective but tastes horrible. Unfortunately I vomited up the second bottle and was turned away for my colonoscopy because my discharge was still very dark. She told me it should be the color of urine. She sent me home with magnesium citrate which made all the difference in the world. It's a liquid that you don't dilute. It's like very bitter 7UP. It was much easier for me to get down and stay down."

hanet (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Procedure at noon tomorrow. 1st bottle at 17:30. So far BMs at 19:42, 20:22, 20:30 20:34, 20:44 (ca. 1 cup ea. and not explosive); peeing more. This stuff smells like urinal cakes! Tastes like hairspray with long aftertaste. Using rinse-free body wash diluted in warm water to clean after each BM. Applying "Un-petroleum Multi-purpose Jelly" after each BM (no parabens/no petroleum) to assure no razor-blade wiping pain. I am not one to vomit but coming close. Don't chill it -intensifies taste & body feels chilly/shakey & increases gag reflex. Rinse container good for the H2O-only part! I didn't do it & the urinal cake smell/taste penetrated the container even w/ only H2O. Next, time it's unflavored MgSO4 or Epsom Salts. Never again!"

Never-again-Suprep-ping March 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Suprep tastes BAD. The worst part was choking it down. It smells like cherry cough medicine & tastes like hell - sweet but vile & nothing like cherries -nor did I find it salty - just VILE. I wish it had a lemon citrus flavor as I think that would have been easier to take. I tried mixing it with very cold water for the first dose and it gave me cramps and I felt ice cold and really nauseous. I had to chew some mint gum to keep from throwing it up. Within 20 minutes it was working - and by 1 and a half hours it was done. I did the 2nd dose at 5am and mixed it with room temp water and it was just as hard to choke down but I had no cramping or cold sweats. Everything was easy and it seems to have done its work quickly and stopped. I feel fine."

not 50 yet (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The number one piece of advice I can give here is to stop eating solid foods a day or two prior to your "liquids only" day. I ate chicken noodle soup, plain saltines and drank lots of Gatorade for 2 days. My prep day started with jello for breakfast, plain chicken broth for lunch. Lots of Gatorade and water. I did not chill the prep as many people here have suggested because my stomach is sensitive to cold. The only thing berry about this mixture is the smell. Tasted like ocean water to me. I just chugged it. The shear volume is the worst part. Within 30 minutes I was spraying. 2 hours later I took the second dose. There was no cramping or discomfort. To avoid injuring yourself, don't wipe yourself raw. Really, you'll just need to blot."

Spray Nozzle March 1, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"THIS STUFF IS NASTY! But it does its job. I managed the finish the first dose and all the water afterwards before going to the bathroom. I only spent about 5 minutes each trip and went consistently every 30 minutes. No close calls or anything. Then came the second dose and I could only get half down and I threw it up a bit. I took my second dose at 9pm and was asleep by 11:30 and only had to get up once. My doctor said I did a great job with the prep and everything came back fine!"

Colonbuddy (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This stuff tastes terrible! Works quickly, but I'm dreading the second dose! They need to improve the taste!"

Cucc February 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"To those obsessively looking through reviews before prepping like I was, don't worry! I read some bad reviews and was terrified, but the whole experience was easier than I thought. The Suprep does not taste good, but it's not as bad as I expected. Per my doctors advice, I refrigerated the suprep and mixed it with cold water to help the taste. It tasted somewhat like a sweet cough syrup, but more bitter, with a grape aftertaste. Getting it cold takes away the saltiness. Like other reviewers have said, get a lemon to bite down on after each drink, it gets the taste out of your mouth instantly! The "emptying" started about 20 min. after drinking, I didn't have any nausea or cramping at all."

inferiorolives (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had about 4 or 5 colonoscopies and every prep I have ever done has been bad. Suprep is no different. I barely got down the prep let alone the 32 more ounces of water. I even took nausea meds before hand. I used the berry propel water to mix it and sucked on the lemon after each huge gulp. I even had some orange flavored water I had to drink as well to keep from vomiting. It tastes nasty but started working within an hour. I also have been on clear liquids since yesterday and started the prep this evening. I already have the water. If you have had as many bowel issues as I have then this is just a bad irritable bowel episode with less discomfort. The MD gave me the prep in his office."

Ginzy73 (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Chilled the stuff and also used Berry propel the taste was not bad it took about an hour to kick in. But I did something different. My procedure is on a Tuesday morning. I did not eat anything SUNDAY OR MONDAY - NOTHING BUT SWEET TEA AND WATER. So far so good. I have to do it again at 5:30 in the morning for 9:30 procedure..............No problem right now"

LuckyPeanut (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my second colonoscopy. I think this prep went much smoother than my previous one a few years ago. The produce they gave me last time was a powder you mixed into a clear liquid. I liked that this prep was already a liquid but the taste was awful. It tasted so salty, just the thought of it makes me nauseas. It works very fast. I took it around 2 pm and at around 2:30 I was already running to the bathroom. At first, I spent a lot of time in the bathroom, but by the end of the evening I was pretty much done. I had to take my second dose around midnight. With this dose I was up for about two hours running in and out of the bathroom. I think the dose was too large for me...I'm a 5 ft tall, 110 lb woman and this prep hit me like a bus."

Sammy R February 20, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First time colonoscopy. Took first dose at 2pm with a lemon wedge chaser to kill the anticipated aftertaste then 32oz of water quickly thereafter. Most taste was gone after the lemon juice. It's a lot of fluid to drink at once but not that bad. 15 min later I was off to the toilet...off and on for the next 11/2 hrs (not stuck on toilet for the entire time though) this stuff really works. Next dose at 8pm, with the same result as the first time. I was able to go to bed at 11pm with no further effects. Got up at 6am feeling good for my 8am procedure. Doctor said the prep worked well. I tolerated this bowel prep pretty well and didn't suffer any side effects other than the urge to go."

CPriak February 16, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This stuff is horrible!!! The first gulp and I was ready to throw it up. I didn't' thankfully not the first bottle anyway. It's like drinking poison. Than with each bottle you have to literally sit on the toilet for 4 hours each because it takes forever for it to clean you out The second bottle I painfully downed but threw up shortly thereafter. Than 6 hours after taking the last dose I still have diarrhea! This product should be taken off the shelves or might be more effective than waterboarding. Do not take this, please ask for a gentler product. I will never take this again!!!"

Never again Suprep!!! February 10, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a very nervous person I don't like to put drugs in my body, so I was not sure I wanted to take surprep. I read all the reviews looked at the side effects and was very nervous and was not sure if I was going to do it. Well I sucked it up and it wasn't so bad. Here is what I did I chilled the medicine in the fridge added cold water and mixed it up, I chugged half of it, then sucked on a lemon slice, chugged the other half and sucked on another lemon slice and I was done ( I did this for both doses). The stuff worked in about 30 minutes and was on the toilet for about 1 hr. One thing I did do was limited my food intake 3 days before and a liquid diet 1 day before. The surprep taste isn't as bad as people say, just chug it."

Phyed Joe February 10, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Suprep works very well. I read prior users' comments before I started, which also helped. So, on the Monday before the Friday exam, I started eating easier to digest foods and drinking sports drinks (for electrolytes). On Thursday morning about 2am, I started my "food" routine, alternating chicken broth (cooked from boiled fresh chicken, carrots, celery, onions, pepper and purchased broth), Propel, sugar free jello (from the refrigerated grocery section), lemon-ice bars and green tea with lemon juice and honey. I didn't have trouble drinking the Suprep directly, but did try to distract myself with minor household tasks as I was taking sips. I used Cetophil with tissue for wipes and added ointment when needed.Tried to rest between doses"

LE1234 February 6, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Braintree Laboratories describes their product, SUPREP, as having a “berry” flavor. Not as well understood, is that I think it is the oft-maligned Satanberry. Satanberry is known for its noxious odor and, if unfortunate enough to be ingested, causes Krakatoa-like eruptions of sulfurous gas and violent, firehose-like evacuations of all internal solids and liquids. Poo foam? Yes, you will probably experience this rude shock too. Anus as red as a baboon’s behind? You betcha. Aftershocks may occur the day after the actual colonoscopy. In my opinion, SUPREP is overkill for preparation of bowel cleansing. Go for the gentler Prepopik or MoviPrep, either of which I will again insist upon for my next cleansing prior to colonoscopy."

Dan N (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 62 and this was my 6th colonoscopy. I have to say this was the best prep so far. I had this done at 7 this morning. I took the prep at 4 pm yesterday and by 5 I was finished the 1st round. No cramping, no nausea. I paid attention to not eating raw fruits, vegetables and nuts 3 days prior. At 9 pm I did the 2nd round. I was in bed by 11 and woke up once in the middle of the night one time . The taste isn't great I found the cold water and a little lemon helped. It's a little pricey but worth it. Ask the Dr for a coupon. By the way I had nothing to eat all day yesterday and I think that worked for the better."

Joymar January 24, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources