User Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 84 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep Bowel Prep Kit to treat Bowel Preparation

"OMG- the taste! I think if someone were to work on the formula and make it taste like, oh I don't know, maybe a pina coloda, that person would be rich. But what can I say, hold your nose, drink it down and have a lemon wedge ready. I drank my first cocktail at 6:00pm, after a liquid only diet all day. It didn't take long to work and it wasn't bad at all. My colonoscopy was scheduled for 8:00 the following morning. Went to bed around 10:00 & woke up at 3:00am to take the 2nd dose. (Yuck). I would have to say that the Suprep did what it was supposed to. The procedure itself is a piece of cake. One minute I was looking at the colorful smock the nurse had on. Then she was gone. And I was in a different room. All done!"

Gottarun (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

"First colonoscopy at age 54 (I know, 4 years late). Read all the reviews and was horrified and dreading the experience. Let me say, the negative revivews are overstated! At least for me. Solution isn't wonderful, but I found it very tolerable. No straws, lemons etc... just chugged the 16 oz solution and followed with 2 16 oz glasses of water. Took first dose at 4 pm, started working within 20 minutes,. Pretty well done in bathroom within 3 hours. Second dose was at 2 am. Drank the Same amounts as first dose and went back to bed. Didn't go to bathroom until 3 hours later. Not as much elimination with Second dose, as I was probably already "cleaned out". I've had alcoholic drinks that tasted much worse than this!!"

1st Time procedure! (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

"Drank down this stuff as quick as I could, rinsing my mouth out in between? This stuff is too salty and too sweet, two things I do not like as I have high blood pressure and am diabetic. Within 40 minutes of getting the last bit down, I was on the toilet with my garbage can with liquid coming out of both ends. There was no way I'd ever get that second bottle down at 2 am and at 6:30am I was still having fiery liquid violently expelling from the rear. Because there were still brown sediment (not sure how that was even possible) my doctor had to cancel procedure. Never ever again. This is my second colonoscopy within 5 years and the first time my dr (different one as we moved) had me do Miralax which is flavorless. No issues with that way."

Lucifer's drink August 18, 2016

"Awful tasting! I didn't see theses reviews before I took my first dose. I mixed the prep with water and 10 minutes after drinking the 16 ounces and the additional water required I threw up three times! It tastes like salty cherry water and I hope to never have to do this again. My doctor recommended I use magnesium citrate for my second dose thankfully because I don't think I could force myself to take the second round of this awful prep."

Melli Sunni August 17, 2016

"Second colonoscopy, first time, I was given pills to take with lots of liquid. Suprep method is harder, lots of water/ liquid to drink in a short time, that being said it started working within 10 min., wasn't expecting such fast results! TASTES TERRIBLE! BUT Ice cold water to mix prep helps, I also had some warm chicken broth that I drank after finishing the prep solution, helps get that sickening sweet aftertaste out of your mouth , the slice of lemon & the straw also made ingesting this stuff bearable."

Yankee 52 August 14, 2016

"This was horrid,cherry flavored salt water and getting thru one bottle was tough. I had to bargain with myself to get thru the second. It does the trick, just don't laugh or you might be sorry. Don't trust "it's just gas" either. Get a foot stool, your phone and whatever else to occupy yourself, you'll be on the pot for an hour straight, at least. I was coloring with crayons. Sad part is, I couldn't tolerate the test, so I get to do it again under anesthesia. Lucky me."

GI prepper August 14, 2016

"Didn't taste great but it worked well with no cramping. Only problem was getting up at 1 AM for the second dose. Plus I was a bit dehydrated even though I drank the recommended water afterwards."

MelFlorida August 12, 2016

"Compared to CoLyte, this was a breeze. Give me a break...a prep solution you can finish in 30 min vs hours??? I started at 6 pm, and was basically done by 7. Not the most pleasant stuff to drink but compared to previous preps not bad at all. Mine was not really flavored so maybe that helped."

Sandy O58 August 12, 2016

"The person who said this tasted like SALTY GRAPE COUGH SYRUP was dead on! The first dose was okay, worked within 45 min and done by 2.5 hours start to finish. Here I am at 2:30am to do the second dose. I can't do it. I keep diluting it with the 32oz of water I'm suppose to drink afterwards, to kill the taste. Hopefully it works but have spit it back up. Oh and first dose very bloated after drinking it all. Don't know if I can do it. Worst stuff ever! MoviPrep back in 2012 while tasted better had worse effects afterwards and took all night. I guess it's the price you pay. But waking up in the middle of a sleep cycle isn't cool knowing you'll be up for the next three hours and surgery is in 4."

Frenchg1rl August 11, 2016

"This medication was horrible. The taste was really bad. I would not recommend it at all. I threw up several times while drinking this. But I am not good with liquid preps so that may be why. I even tried mixing it with 7-up. This has a horrible disgusting taste to it."

Kim from Kansas August 9, 2016

"Followed low fiber diet for about five days. Doctor told me to take one Ducolax pill for two nights prior to the prep. I think this made the prep work more quickly. Anyway, the Suprep... The worst tasting, vile liquid I ever drank. I was surprised that the majority seemed to not mind the flavor too much. Tastes like cherry cough syrup? NO WAY, but managed to drink it. A thick straw I think is best. The prep itself was fine. First dose I took at 4:30 pm. Started to work within 15 minutes and lasted no more then two to three hours. Second dose around 12 hours later, same results. I had no side effects--no nausea, bloating, vomitting, etc. Seemed to do the job."

Tammi S. (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

"Just mixed my first bottle with ginger ale at 4:45 finished it 4:50 record time for me plus chashed it down with one of the 16 oz of water !! If you guys think this is bad you would have died drinking the golytly from 20 years ago!! The second prep was 2.5 years ago movieprep I just pretended it was a shot at bar lol but this one was a breeze.... 52 and this is my 3 rd colonoscopy I have severe diverticulitis so I know what to expect. I have a very soft diet for the whole week before test because remember what goes in must come out :) Good luck everyone<3"

Beth from Goose Creek Sc August 4, 2016

"This is my third colonoscopy. First two were about 8 years ago and used golightly both times. Took first dose at 6:00 pm. Taste was unusual but not as bad as many have reported here. Started working in about 50 minutes. So far so good. Much easier than previous prep so far."

Tkawhip (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

"First time using this prep. I don't care for the split dose. As far as taste, it's medicine. I got it down. It took a few hours for the first dose to work. I took it at 6pm as directed and got to bed at midnight. I had to get up once to go at around 1:30am. I woke up at 7:30am with a wicked headache! I took the second dose at 9am and it worked right away. As far as the water goes that most don't like, I didn't have a problem with. I drink water all day."

Katihar August 1, 2016

"I have had numerous scopes done since 2006, this by far has been the most palatable. Still gross, but much better than all the other ones prior. I read the reviews hoping to not sway my decision in the negative since this was a new prep for me. The tips that do help are making sure the drink is cold, using a straw, mixing it with Sprite/water also and having a slice of lemon to suck on between drinks as needed. After the first hour, plan on parking on a toilet! You will feel bloated, burps, slight headache and keep a supply of latex gloves and Vaseline nearby with non-scented wipes. And a good supply of TP! Good luck"

PBJ July 29, 2016

"I was given this prep when I tried to get a colonoscopy for the 2nd time. The first time I was prescribed moviprep and I kept throwing it up. It was terrible tasting and so much liquid to drink. Because I couldn't keep it down I had to reschedule the colonoscopy. Moviprep made me incredibly sick to my stomach. My doctor gave me suprep in hopes that would work better and it certainly did. It does taste like cherry cough medicine but only is 16 oz to drink at a time. I read other reviews and mixed mine with half Gatorade frost and half water. Let's be real, no prep is going to taste decent. I would recommend just chugging it down. I had no nausea but it might have helped that I took a Dramamine about 45 minutes before each dose."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

"Suprep definitely cleared me out; however, this was the worst experience I have ever had with colonoscopy prep. To start, this concoction tastes HORRIBLE. It was like a mouthful of grape flavored salt water. Each dose was 16 oz of pure hell. Secondly, this cleanser gave me chills and nausea. I will NEVER be using this prep again."

Jnsparrowe July 28, 2016

"Whoever said the only thing worse than taking it is taking the second dose had it right. It's salty and disgusting. I mixed with lemonCrystal Lite which helped. The difficult part is chasing it with another 16oz of water. You get so full you may vomit. Once it starts working it's not bad. No cramps, no "near misses". Overall a barbaric experience I hope to never repeat. Rated 10 for the effectiveness, 0 for the experience, so average rate is 5."

milanese July 27, 2016

"This shit is AWFUL. I just finished the second round and am drinking water...@ 3:30am. Horrible taste with cherry flavoring full of aspartame, although that's not listed on the box. This feels like cruel and unusual punishment. I saw a commercial for Cologuard. They analyze your DNA in your colon from a small fecal sample you fed ex back to them. I'm definitely going that route in 10 years. This is so barbaric. Feeling so nauseated right now waiting for the bathroom explosion. I went on a low residue diet for 7 days which I think helped a lot plus clear diet all day yesterday. Starving but I'm so sick to my stomach doesn't matter. Looking forward to this being OVER."

Boomarella (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

"Hideous. Made me nauseous. Could not gag down the entire two bottles. Had a headache for hours. Couldn't sleep because of hunger pangs. If I'm not squeaky clean enough for them by now they can all go jump in a volcano. NOT doing this medieval procedure again."

Zenwitch (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

"It's not that bad, the taste could be more flavored, overall, I just used hard candies to suck on before chugging it down and afterwards. I chilled my next two 16 Oz bottles of water in the freezer. It did make me nauseated, I kept burping like I was going to heive. To relieve the sore bum, I put a&d ointment on beforehand, and used baby wipes without alcohol."

TBS57 July 23, 2016

"First and foremost, this medicine does what it says -- as long as you follow the directions. The downside is that this is the worst crap I have ever had -- no pun intended. OMG... I don't understand the people that said things like: "it wasn't bad" or "tastes nice like cherry cough syrup". I found it to be completely disgusting. I had gagging sensations and a bit of vomiting, but I did get it down. Thank goodness I read the reviews about drinking it cold and sucking a lemon or lime after each gulp. That's the only thing that got me through. I completely messed up with the first dosage because it tasted so bad, I kept adding additional water to the cup to continue the dilution process. I hope and pray that doesn't negate exam."

RetiringSoon July 23, 2016

"My first colonoscopy was yesterday. I am glad I found this site beforehand as I used several suggestions. I. Chilled the solution, mixed it with room temp 7Up, divided it into 3 cups, drank with a large straw and sucked on a lemon slice between each drink. It did work very fast. Went through the same procedure next morning. I had no issues with chills, nausea headache or cramps. The hardest part was drinking the additional water after the first round of the solution."

Windyone (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

"This will be my first colonoscopy. I used many hints from the reviews here. I chilled the solution and mixed it with part water and part 7Up. It tasted like salty cherry soda. I divided it into three cups and used a large straw. I sucked on a lemon slice between each drink. I then drank all the extra water in a short time. It does work very fast. I started at 5:00pm and was done by 10:00pm. I had no headache, chills, cramping or nausea. The second round was no trouble either. I am very glad I read reviews on here first."

WINDYONE (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

"This stuff is not only has a vile taste, it's torture. I will never take it again. I've had bowel cleanses before but nothing can compare to the terrible night I had with this I threw up the second dose it was so bad."

Fuzz42 July 19, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Professional resources