User Reviews for Milk of Magnesia

Acne 7.0
Summary of Milk of Magnesia reviews 8.8 31 reviews

Reviews for Milk of Magnesia

RRMD · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2020

For Constipation: “I figured I’d share in case others find themselves in the same predicament with constipation. I am on stool softeners and fiber supplements which normally keep me going but I went 4 days without a significant bowel movement and it was getting uncomfortable. I took the max dosage before bed and didn’t have a bowel movement the next day other than small hard stools. However, the day after literally everything came out. Just a heads up that it can take 1-2 days to work but it works well.”

OG Cece · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2020

For Constipation: “Milk of Magnesia is the only effective laxative I ever took that didn’t irritate my stomach lining or cause prolonged diarrhea (and I’ve taken them all now, for opiate constipation). Eg. last time, I took 60 ml MOM after 5 days with no BM and nothing happened, so I took magnesium citrate, which gave me horrible cramps & diarrhea lasting 3 days & stomach felt it had been strip mined for a week. Couldn’t drink juice or soda after mag citrate, without feeling like my stomach was a pit of fire for hours. THIS time I took MOM on the 2nd day with no BM & a feeling of gassy fullness. In 2 hrs, had a well-formed stool & went to bed. In the AM, passed a lot more, but normal, not like it had been marinating in a vat of acid. Tiny amount of watery stool at the end but that was it. No pain, cramps, diarrhea, irritation, or dehydration the next day. Went to work. Good thing I took it before it got too bad this time. I will always keep some on hand.”

ShellzBellz · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

For Constipation: “I was constipated for 1 week (the usual) so I took the maximum amount. Oh and I took the “Original flavor” because thats what was in my house. And it taste like dead fish and baby diapers, so when I take a cap full I throw a starburst in my mouth along with water hehe. So on Tuesday I took a dose because my tummy was severely bloated. But only a lil came out. Then on Thursday I had a huge blow out (it was amazing). No cramps but I was weak, and had some nausea and felt faintish but it was bearable. I just ate on time and drank lots of fluid. Then on Friday I'm starting to feel a lil better. Still weak and slight nausea. And occasional bowel movements. I took lipton to make my #2 just a lil harder. But I love MOM. Used it 3times so far and it always works.”

Best of Luck March 28, 2020

For Constipation: “I am 19 years old and have battled extreme constipation since birth. Usually I can have a BM from drinking coffee in the morning at home, but it is a hit or miss system. Sometimes it doesn't work and my discomfort grows. I have tried suppositories, enemas, stool softeners, prunes, Miralax, and the like. These things have worked but often are quite painful and only a temporary fix. I took 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of MoM at 8:40am this morning. I did not take it before bedtime as instructed because I was not interested in being up all night as some reviews forewarned. Along with a cup of coffee at noon, I was able to have a BM at 12:40pm, so almost exactly 4 hours after I took the MoM. It definitely softened my stool and made it easier to pass. It did not give me diarrhea nor watery stool. Happy things are moving again. Also remember to drink water as this product pulls water from near tissue.”

slevin1992 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 25, 2020

For Constipation: “I am a recovering addict taking methadone daily, this opiate (like 99%) of opioids it constipates me bad. Pooping once or twice a week. Never easy, usually tiny rock hard pellets. Tried a lot of things with nothing else worked so I tried MoM. downing two large "gulps" figuring it'd never work at doses lower than a bit over max- opps I was wrong! An hour later I'm hunched over catching my breath after the most explosive, frankly nasty yet super fulfilling movement... point? This stuff doesn't mess around!”

Nana · Taken for 10 years or more January 22, 2020

For Constipation: “Took MOM (milk of magnesia ) yesterday afternoon around 3:40pm to be exact. It did not start working until almost 7 hours later and it’s still working after 12 hours later. Started out as very watery stools, then it hit like crazy. I hope I never have use this again. Definitely works thats for sure. Just don’t go far from the bathroom and drink water to keep from being dehydrated”

Pmars · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2020

For Constipation: “Been having really bad pain in my lower right belly and backed up for 3 days and throwing up couldn’t keep food down. I was really bloated and constipated and in a lot of pain. Tried the Milk of Magnesia and it worked in an hour but then have been up with really bad diarrhea non stop and cramps i took The lowest dose.”

Asmaa · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2019

For Indigestion: “After several hours of taking the milk of magnesia, I started having body itching and some redness on my neck and shoulders.”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

For Constipation: “Dr. took me off of a medication that caused constipation and I still couldn’t go for a month. I was getting so weak and I didn’t know what to do. I prayed about it and milk of magnesia was what I got. Yes it worked! I feel so much better. I think medication gets stopped up in the intestine and stays with you until you get it out. I’m so happy about that. I took 4 tablespoons and it worked within four hours but I have diarrhea and not sure if I’m supposed to have stools yet. I will wait and see. This was my first time for using it in a very long time. Hopefully I’m no longer stopped up and will go regularly now but if I need to use it again I will.”

Tmp · Taken for 10 years or more July 13, 2019

For Constipation: “I get constipated almost every month, I have used MOM every since I remembered thats what my mother used to give me as a kid when I got blocked up, I take about two tea spoons at night and the next morning everything gets flushed out rather rapidly. No pain, just great relief.”

Turkey February 9, 2019

For Constipation: “I eat very healthy, plenty of fiber, drink lots of water and get plenty of exercise, but could’t poop for three days. I was only able to force out a small baby carrot sized BM once a day when I normally produce a lot more once a day. I continued to eat like normal expecting the big one to come, but it never happened. On day three, after I ate lunch, I felt so bloated and uncomfortable which was not normal. I also had such atrocious smelling farts that the government could have used the same smell as a biological weapon. At this point I started getting concerned. Went to the store and bought some M.O.M. Took the full dose at 9:00 pm. An hour later, I felt a slight urge to go. Sat on the toilet and it happened. The flood gates opened and the butt cork was now gone. It flowed out of my bottom like a faucet and it just kept on coming. Three flushes later I was finally able get up off of the toilet. Worked well for me. 10/10.”

MP · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2019

For Constipation: “This stuff works! Haven’t had a bowel motion for 4 days now and within the 4 days using miralax and stool softeners and hot water drinking... but nothing. Finally went to the doctor and they told me to try milk of magnesia so I did. Within 2 hours I finally had a bowel movement and looks to me like I cleaned out my stomach. I took the 60ml dose from the bottle instructions but now for a week I’ll take half again soon each day so I can continue my bowel movements.”

RH July 8, 2018

For Constipation: “Had my gallbladder removed two years, had severe constipation ever sense, tried prescription medicine which is advertised heavily and many other products. Milk of Magnesia has returned my life back to normal 4 caplets at night And the next morning is great I hope everyone else can have the same experience with this product thanks milk of magnesia, Phillips”

Lj · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

For Constipation: “Milk of magnesia is Awesome!”

Templhope22 November 21, 2017

For Constipation: “I am 23 years old and have suffered from stomach issues and constipation most of my life. In the past several years, I have struggled with IBS-C and have really bad constipation during my flares. I have tried just about everything to relieve my constipation specifically prunes, miralax, Metamucil, extra fruits/veggies, and lots of water. Nothing seemed to help and I was getting frustrated! Finally I was at the store buying some Gas-X, when I came across Milk of Magnesia and called my mom to see what she thought. I ended up buying it and took the 2 tablespoon dose at night with an 8oz glass of water and went to bed. I did feel the gas and my stomach rumbled all night but no action until I got up and ate. It definitely cleared me out!!”

Featherweight October 8, 2017

For Constipation: “First time user; took the full dose (4tbs) because I'd been constipated for a week and felt very uncomfortable. I did not drink a full cup of water with it, thank goodness. You'll see why later. First BM came about an hour later (not much) and second one about 3 hrs later (bit more). I was disappointed because I thought that was it but felt there was more. Around hour 5 I had a slight urge to go... so I sat down and whoa!!!! Everything just fell out. Seriously, no effort and absolutely no pain. There was a LOT of water, despite the fact that I didn't take the med with recommended full cup of water. I feel light as a feather now. MOM is very good stuff, I'll definitely use again and highly recommend!”

Pregnant and poopless · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2017

For Constipation: “I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have been having trouble with constipation. I also have problems with nausea and vomiting so I know my intake of food and water hasn't been the best. Today I felt the urge to have a bowel movement and was really excited to do so, as that hasn't been happening for a couple weeks and I had to take an enema about 3 days ago. I tried to make a BM and nothing but a pellet came out and I was left with stool in my rectum which caused a good deal of pain and discomfort. I literally could not sit down. I managed to make it down the street to CVS for MoM (cvs brand). I took about 45 ml + water at first and then about 20 min later I took the additional 15 ml + water. 6.5 very painful hours later baseballs come out. Relief!”

MarissaR8897 · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2017

For Constipation: “This stuff is a freaking miracle worker. I have chronic constipation and can go weeks with no BMs thanks to my doctor prescribed diet. Now if I were to tell you nothing else worked, I'd be lying. Everything worked. However, this is the only product I've used that didn't leave me writhing in pain. Magnesium citrate, all stimulant laxatives, and even natural remedies gave me such awful cramps they'd double me over and sometimes for days. Even saline laxatives made me queasy and ill feeling for several hours post BM. I thought I was out of options until I came across this at the Dollar Tree. No cramps, no discomfort, doesn't keep me up at night, and a BM like clockwork 5-6 hours after consuming. It completely empties me out!!!”

Karinita0708 April 2, 2017

For Constipation: “I was not feeling well and had stomach pain. I went ahead and took pepto bismol and it made me feel worse. Within minutes my pain came stronger I felt bloated and discomfort. After a few hours in pain I went to the market and purchased MOM.....within one hour of taking it with a glass of water it worked.....the results were AMAZING!!! everything was gone and I felt very clean!”

Dr. W. February 7, 2017

For Constipation: “Is milk of magnesia lactose-free?”

LoCa15 · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2015

For Constipation: “Y'all.... Was having some discomfort from constipation and bloating. My stomach just generally felt horrible. Wanted quick relief so I took 4 tbs of MoM. Yes, you read that right, FOUR TABLESPOONS! I have been off and on the toilet for the last hour and realise now I took too much! Will definitely use again in a much lower dosage.”

Natali***** October 29, 2015

For Constipation: “I just recently found out i'm pregnant ( 4 weeks ) and had to stop taking my stimulates laxatives which i had taken daily for the past 3 years ! without them i couldn't GO ! I'ts been few days since i stopped taking them and of course no BM for me.. Called my doc and she recommended MOM. I took 2 tbs at 6:20 PM and nothing happened . The next morning at 07;30 i took 4 tbs of MOM and one hour later i finally had relief . Since then i went one more time. Pain Free ! No diarrhea. I love it . Specially knowing its safe for my baby ! ”

BonnieBonnie May 12, 2015

For Constipation: “for a couple days I wasn't eating very well and I noticed I wasn't using the restroom regularly. I went and got fruit and stuff with high fiber and I was still stopped up except for occasional little stools. After not being able to go fully for a couple days I started getting very bad abdominal cramps and I started vomiting. I went to CVS and bought milk of magnesia took three tablespoons of it and 30 minutes later I got diarrhea. I feel better my stomach doesn't hurt anymore and I'm not vomiting. I would recommend this to anyone with constipation problems but be prepared for multiple toilet trips”

Z108556 February 1, 2015

For Constipation: “I have motility issues (i.e., idiopathic constipation) and Milk of Magnesia works, but causes severe bloating, for me. For anyone with this issue, Dulcolax is enterically-coated, so no bloating. But, the urge to 'go' comes on very, very suddenly.”

Shonney · Taken for 10 years or more August 23, 2013

For Constipation: “After giving birth, lay up in a hospital bed and taking all kinds of medicines. Milk of Magnesia is the best way to get the well needed relief. For me, it doesn't cause any of that rumbling you get with laxatives. Thanks.”