User Reviews for Cozaar

Diabetic Kidney Disease   8.8
High Blood Pressure   6.2

Reviews for Cozaar

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2020

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: “Been on a 25mg dose for a few months. Blood pressure is good, kidney function is a bit better-however, I have gained some weight (7-10lbs or so, with no changes to diet) and it also gives me some vivid, violent wild dreams sometimes.”

Quando62 · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I had a heart attack and 3 stents put in around the fall of 2013. I had managed pretty well on Corgard 40mg. I also have rare episodes of supraventricular tachardia in which the heart pulse goes as high as 250 beats a minute, with skips. Had to have my heart stopped and revived to reset it last time. The last 9 month's been having to triple my Corgard, feel heart beats strong, out of sync, palpitations. Last checkup doctor measured 162/100, even after doubling Corgard. She put me on Losartan and for over ONE week, I don't feel my heart pounding, my BP averages 110/73 taken 3 different times a day, no skips, feel 30 years younger on the lowest dosage 25mg. It seems that depending on a certain enzyme one's body produces, this medicine either Works Great, Or Not at all from my studies. I don't live in fear anymore, and have more energy not taking Corgard which makes you fatigue...”

Susie March 18, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I was started on Losartan about a month ago. My hair started falling out by the brush full. I also have the constant buzzing in my ears and blurred vision. I'm going off of it.”

Cryptid October 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was prescribed this medication 3 weeks ago for high blood pressure after I had coughing fits with Lisinopril. This medication seems to work part of the time and keeps my blood pressure in high 120's to mid 130's. I am on 25mg. Side effects I have is random cough (not to bad), dry throat, loose stools and I've noticed an increase in sharp chest pains on the left side of my breast. I see the cardiologist in 2 weeks and hope she can help me sort this problem out.”

Jp · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “To anyone reading this I have been on all types of blood pressure medicine over the years, here's what I found out, nothing will cure it by taking a pill, if you want to overcome this, exercise sleep well and rest, turn off TV, phones ipads etc and get a phone that is not smart. Distance yourself from the world of drama and bad news, talk to wife or spouse have more sex, find natural ways of relaxing , the anxiety will leave over time, current doctors are not always on your side, if you are on no pill and still having issues it's your lifestyle, sell the house downsize, come up with a plan to minimize and reduce stress. Life is short, do it today”

Kells · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I started Losartan/HCTZ 50mg/12.5 mg on 8/26/19; since then my blood pressure has gone down from 134/98 to 121/72, but I'm now having SEVERE anxiety, lightheadedness, ear pressure, and weird head tingling. I started due to pulsatile tinnitus, but the side effects are much worse!”

rsmithfn September 6, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I'm a retired RN. Been taking Cozaar for over a year. BP runs in the 120s systolic and 65 to 70 dystolic. My dose is 25 mg if you are curious. Tried a couple of other meds prior to this and was plagued with nocturnal coughing episodes. Not now. Happy with this med.”

Blondie March 17, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I was actually prescribed Benicar 3 months ago for my newly diagnosed HBP, but my insurance company contacted my doctor and informed them Benicar wasn't covered under my plan, so they switched me to Losartan. I have to break the pill in half, and I feel like my dosage is compromised doing so. The first thing I noticed was headaches, nausea and brain fog. When I mentioned this to both my GP and a specialist I go to, they both said to wait a couple more weeks until I have been on it a while. Now I have joint pain, tingling in legs and feet, and I notice my feet swell in my shoes. The swelling isn't noticeable, but I can feel it in my shoes. I plan to see my GP this coming week. I am frustrated I want to start an exercise program. I am not terribly overweight, but I don't know how much exercise I can do with all this joint pain (especially knees). What are my options for a medication change, and will all the meds in this class give me the same side effects?”

50's male with HBP · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “Male, 53, regular exercise, healthy diet. Started losartan (Cozaar) 2 weeks ago due to high blood pressure. Dropped the blood pressure first day, but still is high - before taking BP was 160's / 110's , now it's 140's / 90's.Noticed frequent urination - like every 15 minutes. I canceled an international vacation because of this. Then came the anxiety at night. Never had anxiety this bad - ever. Finding myself locking the doors, checking to make sure they are locked multiple times. Slight confusion and short term memory problems. Yesterday bought a $1500 large screen tv that I really did not need and does not even fit on our tv stand. Numbness in one thumb. Dizziness - almost fell backwards off of stool at restaurant. Giving it one more week”

musical78 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “Male 56. I started taking Cozaar just 4 days ago, to add to my current regiment of diuretic and betablocker, as my BP was climbing. After only 4 days taking it, my BP went from 170/102 down to 129/69, and I am only on a 25 mg dose; smaller than even what the manufacturer recommends. This med works.....and fast. NO side effects for me.”

pj222343 November 10, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “got prescribed this about a month ago I'm 22, 250 lbs and have had a blood pressure reading of 170/110 for the past year or so after taking cozaar 50 mg for just one month daily its dropped to 112/66 I feel great except for the blurry distorted vision rather have that then die from a stroke or heart attack any day other than that no side effects.”

Scots · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 27, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been experiencing terrible waking headaches and also not able to think of the words I want to express. I take Cozaar in the evenings and believe it's causing these symptoms. Not happy !”

chachita · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “Iv'e been taking this medication for about 1 1/2 months or a bit longer. I have been having a a lot of bowel movements, stomach discomfort, went from weighing 123 lbs to 98 lbs, not to mention feeling dizzy, and fatigue, just left a message with my doctors reception desk, and I'm hoping I get a call back today, with a reply to my message.”

Safari556 August 19, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “This medication lowered my blood pressure, restoring it to acceptable levels. The medication is well tolerated with the most noticeable side effects being lethargy and rapid nail growth. Nail growth became very noticeable after being on the medication for 1 week to 10 days; now I'm on the med for a couple of months and cutting my nails every day.”

anthony powell July 20, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “This medication nearly killed me after 9 days of taking it sent me into AFIB blood presure dropped so low it nearly stopped hate this drug if anyone has any side affects with this go to your doctor stright away never felt so ill. Within 24 hours of me stopping this drug i was dack to my normal self Please do not just stop taking medication i have been put back on ramapril and i feel fine”

macinyart March 16, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “Blood pressure dropped sharply and nicely. Able to halve the dose after a week. Very noticeable pedal edema during medication and after stopping the medication due to excellent response and the disfiguring foot and lower leg swelling..”

captkrash · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 20, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “Had no effect on blood pressure, even after increasing to the maximum prescribing dosage.”

Missris · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “Cozaar did work better at lowering my pressure than the previous medication I was on which was metropolol however , it caused weight gain . A lot of it and fast . I quickly went off of it and chose something to help to help lower my blood pressure . So yes it works but becareful of the side effects”

katmer May 2, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: “I took 50mg of Cozaar, 1 x daily for 5 days, had bad dreams, lightheaded and dizzy, and started having nosebleeds. I stopped taking it and I'm calling doctor today.”

Tocomc · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 19, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Losartan with Atenolol for 6 1/2 years after triple bypass surgery. With proper eating and exercise, the results have been very good. My blood pressure is well maintained in the 120/130 over 64/76 range. I am 69 years old and find that low sodium diet and limited meats, along with walking exercise is an excellent combination. GET THE WEIGHT OFF AND START WALKING 30 to 40 minutes and cut the TV off!”

Bill too · Taken for 10 years or more January 14, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking Cozaar 50 mg 1per day combined with Coreg 25 mg 2x daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure was 200/120. About 2 years ago Coreg CR 20mg replaced the Coreg daily. This regimen slowly reduced my BP to 100/60. This BP was too low so I stopped the Coreg CR completely. I am now on Cozaar 50 mg 1 per day and my BP is averaging 125/60-70.”

joanna_al · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: “My expereince is not good. It did lower by blood pressure by 15 points, but the side effects are not worth it. It caused me to have problems focusing and concentrating on my work, memory loss, and increased stress and depression. I noticed the problems the first week I took the medicine. My boss also noticed the problems, which was confirmation that it was my new medicine. I went off the medicine and my brain is back to normal. I am a computer programmer, so my brain has to function at its best. I wouldn't take this medicine if your brain has to function at top performance or you have problems with stress/depression because it made my depression worse and I felt more stressed out for no reason.”

Sean B. UK November 18, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “I took this along with a beta blocker,and although the mechanism of the medicine seems very desirable, for me the dilation of the blood vessels caused an unacceptable amount of facial flushing, although this is not a listed side effect. Furthermore when I stopped taking it (after a year or so) there was only a small increase in blood pressure, whilst on the same dose of Beta blocker.”

Mahoma November 17, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking Cozaar for high blood pressure for 16 years with no problems so far.”

Atwood May 13, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “The combination of Cozaar with Atenolol has been highly effective in controlling my blood pressure, which had been intractable previously. After using the Cozaar brand name for some generic brand losartan. Over the next few months I developed a severe heartburn problem. I did not associate it with the change to the generic until a year later when certain other reasons I switched back to the brand name. Almost immediately my heartburn problem subsided. Please be aware of this if you are using a generic instead of Cozaar and you develop heartburn.”